Fathering Autism #148 Secret Sisters and a Brand New Truck, Doesn’t Matter Cilla, The Jags Still Suck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
S
Well, I am back on the homeschool situation 3 Fridays a month now. Those are the days the class is out all day and at a work site that is just hard for my kiddo at the moment and he's not willing to participate. So, those are the days he's going to be home. I've been expecting this for a little while and I agreed that it's probably best for the moment. However, I did make it known that I am NOT interested in going back to doing this full time. We are STILL looking for a 1:1 aide for him in the classroom and it's honestly just so frustrating. But, I got some plans for our 3 Fridays boy! Today we did folders that his teacher sent home yesterday and then went to the store. Stuff he does in school anyway. However, this mom here went out and bought a kids pottery wheel kit and we're going to do some art! I love art! Art is a wonderful way to incorporate so many things. I also saw a snap circuit kit that I think could be a wonderful way for him to follow a pattern of things, so I'm going to pick that up later. I'm also going to order some of those kids building kits from Lowe's. This mom has art, shop, and PE covered. Asa, where's art in your day?? Doing household stuff is great and all, but make room for the arts because that activates different parts of the brain.
Since my head injury, I have noticed how my brain processes art, creativity, talking, listening, noise, reading, writing messages, data analysis, and spreadsheets. I literally feel my head respond differently to each with varying levels of pain, fatigue, or clarity as I process each task. Poor Abbie and the chaotic life the MaAssives insist on must be such a challenge for her. One time, when overwhelmed by sensory experiences and head pain, I even tried bongo arms. It did provide relief! 🙂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
S

Since my head injury, I have noticed how my brain processes art, creativity, talking, listening, noise, reading, writing messages, data analysis, and spreadsheets. I literally feel my head respond differently to each with varying levels of pain, fatigue, or clarity as I process each task. Poor Abbie and the chaotic life the MaAssives insist on must be such a challenge for her. One time, when overwhelmed by sensory experiences and head pain, I even tried bongo arms. It did provide relief! 🙂

My kiddo can only tolerate chaos for so long and then he needs a quiet haven. He does like to go places, but in small spurts. I'd honestly love to see A&P handle taking him out anywhere....lol. It would be quite comical to see Asa's wide ass sprint after him. And I do mean SPRINT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
A little Saturday snark on 🐽's Tik Tok. Raise your hand sukad888, we know you are one of us! 😁
That second comment from Amy was funny as well... basically asking in the nicest way possible if Abbie is regressing... of course Pig says she is doing even better and she doesn't know what she is talking about.. either Pig is delusional or blind.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
That second comment from Amy was funny as well... basically asking in the nicest way possible if Abbie is regressing... of course Pig says she is doing even better and she doesn't know what she is talking about.. either Pig is delusional or blind.
Her super defensive tone says all we need to know. 🧐 She is a liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
How would P know. Even when she is home she is checked out. She does less than zero (unless they need content) with Abbie. I doubt she has a single clue what is going on in that house or with Ab.

Reactions: 27
I dont think Bruce ever had custody. I think Asa spent summers with him, and he mentioned he stayed with Bruce once during a deployment (of either Jessicas or McDreamys) which wouldnt be unexpected if the other parent was available. (Bruce)
Ass definitely showed or posted a picture of him & Emily together on their first day of school at some point, so he wasn't just with Bruce over the summers. Perhaps that was during the deployment. He also mentioned in the video where they talk about childhood stories that when she was born, he was three and he called his mom and stepdad to talk about her...as far as I know from what I can find on their profiles her birthday is in January or February, so he would have had to been staying with Bruce during the winter OR he was sent there just to meet his sister.

Mr. Coker.

---

So who is P's bio dad? Because she sure does resemble this Coker guy. Holy crap this is one bleeping complicated family tree.
Ok but he looks like Bruce...this family I swear to bleeping god.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Do people with autism get tired more easily? I feel that Asswipe is always using the excuse that Abbie is tired. She does ABA therapy and it’s tired her out, so he cancels OT because it’s too much for her. Of course that could just be because he doesn’t feel like taking her. Many people get up at 6:30 and do a full day of school or work and Abbie used to as well. At her age she should be fitter than she is, but all she does is a few chores at home and have the occasional walk then she lies around on the couch. What a sad existence she has. And don’t even get me started on the food they serve her. I occasionally see vlogs from other families who have autistic children or teens and they all seem pretty energetic.
I've got one kid who walks instead of runs for 18+ hours a day. They don't get tired. They don't sleep without clonidine at bedtime. They can do various physical and/or mental activities all day and never exhaust themselves. They do, however, get overwhelmed by demands outside their scope of interest. This child is elementary-aged but doing math at an 11th grade (age 16-17 for non-US folks) level or watching recordings of college level physics lectures for fun, yet they will look at a messy room and literally have no idea where to start or how to straighten it up. Their only possible solution is to shut down completely. They will sit in the middle of the messy floor and stim with a plastic bag or a torn piece of paper for ages.

My other kid has more obvious limits. They have breaks built in to their school day plus they can go to the resource room as needed. This kid gets overwhelmed by everything - either overwhelmed by sensory input or overwhelmed at the effort to participate in a therapy or get through music class at school or whatever. They have trouble with demands, they have trouble with people, they have trouble learning new info, just basic stuff that you or I take for granted each day is a whole mental and physical workout for them. Every day after school they put their shoes on the shoe rack, hang their coat & backpack up, and immediately disappear under a blanket under the dining room table for at least one hour.

I said all that to illustrate that I think in Abbie's case it's less that she's actually tired and more than she's overwhelmed and just completely shutting down.

At JSA the teachers and therapists would know how to recognize her signs of getting overwhelmed. They would have a structured day with actual therapeutic breaks built in, access to sensory tools, comfort items, things like that. They would work appropriately with Abbie at her level with her sensory needs in mind.
Asa expects Abbie to operate like a typical teen. He says the autism buzzwords but he doesn't actually implement anything in Abbie's day to day life. As we've discussed here a lot lately, he has one specific way things must be done and he will physically puppet her to do a task his way.
Just take a second to put yourself in her shoes. Even as a typical adult, or as an autistic adult with lower support needs than Abbie's, imagine how gross and horrified and squicked you would feel with a large man who smells like old coffee and sweat and mintberry vape juice pressed up against your full body from behind shoving you this way and that while clutching your hands making you do some stupid fishing game that you don't want to do. Really imagine how you'd feel.
Now imagine you deal with that repeatedly throughout the day, then ABA people come over to your house to have you do more stuff, then you get puppeteered after they leave to do some other pointless tasks for the camera, then off you go to OT for more activities. All the while you have no comfort, no way to communicate, no way to choose something else.

Wouldn't you shut down? Hide under a blanket and pretend the world doesn't exist? Just try to sleep in hopes no one bothers you for a little bit?

---

Oh and I think they aren’t far from either dropping OT or know they are being dropped as patients.
Oh yeah, OT isn't long for their world. Just like he laid the groundwork for the teacher leaving, he's laying the groundwork for OT ending services, and for them not getting services from a different provider.

That sucks. She really needs intensive OT.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I've got one kid who walks instead of runs for 18+ hours a day. They don't get tired. They don't sleep without clonidine at bedtime. They can do various physical and/or mental activities all day and never exhaust themselves. They do, however, get overwhelmed by demands outside their scope of interest. This child is elementary-aged but doing math at an 11th grade (age 16-17 for non-US folks) level or watching recordings of college level physics lectures for fun, yet they will look at a messy room and literally have no idea where to start or how to straighten it up. Their only possible solution is to shut down completely. They will sit in the middle of the messy floor and stim with a plastic bag or a torn piece of paper for ages.

My other kid has more obvious limits. They have breaks built in to their school day plus they can go to the resource room as needed. This kid gets overwhelmed by everything - either overwhelmed by sensory input or overwhelmed at the effort to participate in a therapy or get through music class at school or whatever. They have trouble with demands, they have trouble with people, they have trouble learning new info, just basic stuff that you or I take for granted each day is a whole mental and physical workout for them. Every day after school they put their shoes on the shoe rack, hang their coat & backpack up, and immediately disappear under a blanket under the dining room table for at least one hour.

I said all that to illustrate that I think in Abbie's case it's less that she's actually tired and more than she's overwhelmed and just completely shutting down.

At JSA the teachers and therapists would know how to recognize her signs of getting overwhelmed. They would have a structured day with actual therapeutic breaks built in, access to sensory tools, comfort items, things like that. They would work appropriately with Abbie at her level with her sensory needs in mind.
Asa expects Abbie to operate like a typical teen. He says the autism buzzwords but he doesn't actually implement anything in Abbie's day to day life. As we've discussed here a lot lately, he has one specific way things must be done and he will physically puppet her to do a task his way.
Just take a second to put yourself in her shoes. Even as a typical adult, or as an autistic adult with lower support needs than Abbie's, imagine how gross and horrified and squicked you would feel with a large man who smells like old coffee and sweat and mintberry vape juice pressed up against your full body from behind shoving you this way and that while clutching your hands making you do some stupid fishing game that you don't want to do. Really imagine how you'd feel.
Now imagine you deal with that repeatedly throughout the day, then ABA people come over to your house to have you do more stuff, then you get puppeteered after they leave to do some other pointless tasks for the camera, then off you go to OT for more activities. All the while you have no comfort, no way to communicate, no way to choose something else.

Wouldn't you shut down? Hide under a blanket and pretend the world doesn't exist? Just try to sleep in hopes no one bothers you for a little bit?

---

Oh yeah, OT isn't long for their world. Just like he laid the groundwork for the teacher leaving, he's laying the groundwork for OT ending services, and for them not getting services from a different provider.

That sucks. She really needs intensive OT.
The way you describe what Asa does to Abbie with his body is spot on and at the same time horrific. I noticed when the ABA therapist did it with her in a recent vlog, the look on Abbie's face was so disturbing. I was shocked the ABA therapist was doing the same thing as Asa. Is Asa telling this therapist this is how she should do these things with Abbie and this therapist doesn't have enough of a back bone to tell him to get his ass out of the room when she is working with Abbie. It appears that way to me. I've been reading comments where parents who are just discovering their child may be autistic are turning to this vlog and asking for advice from this asshole who, as you point out, says all the buzzwords but really doesn't have any sort of real education or professional knowledge on how to work with someone like Abbie. It was easier when Abbie was a little kid and her physical body was closer to her mental capabilities but now she is fully grown and he is expecting her to act like the person standing in front of him would at that age. He is truly incompetent and she should not be left in his care.

And I said in a previous post he always has an angle of what he says in his vlogs and the mention of cancelling OT appointment was intentional but just like with the teacher leaving, I would almost bet OT has already ended. He'll make up some BS in a vlog later on where he will blame someone other then them or Abbie for the discontinuation of OT.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
And to the fact that she is very lazy.....like her birth mother
To be lazy, you need intent.

Along with all the myriad of tit already listed explaining why Abbie doesn't move much, I still believe you can add depression. I would like to challenge anyone to live with these pigshits doing the same bullshit performance art for the smelly gorilla that leans all over you & controls every single move you make. How many would be full of sunshine & butterflies? Listening to the cruel witch who hates you, pinches you & yells at you - fun yet??
I don't know exactly how much Abbie understands but I do know that ANYONE can feel overwhelmingly hopeless & miserable - whether you can explain how you feel or not. Trust me, depression takes away your energy.
Add that to Abs only knowing how to fill her time by the wondrous example of the vaguely human shaped blimps she lives with - what can anyone expect her to do?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Who else is shocked that the Maassives haven't started doing Cameo? It is super easy money for them considering they have so many pitiful humpers who would love to have Abbie honk birthday greetings for them.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Okay taking bets on how much longer Abbie will be going to OT. Ass will lie and say they "weren't qualified" or "weren't a good fit for Abbie"
We all know what the truth will be

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Who else is shocked that the Maassives haven't started doing Cameo? It is super easy money for them considering they have so many pitiful humpers who would love to have Abbie honk birthday greetings for them.
I honestly think it would be too much work for them. They would have to honor their commitments to their customers, and coax Abbie into more filming. It takes away from their precious time drinking and ignoring their daughter.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
To be lazy, you need intent.

Along with all the myriad of tit already listed explaining why Abbie doesn't move much, I still believe you can add depression. I would like to challenge anyone to live with these pigshits doing the same bullshit performance art for the smelly gorilla that leans all over you & controls every single move you make. How many would be full of sunshine & butterflies? Listening to the cruel witch who hates you, pinches you & yells at you - fun yet??
I don't know exactly how much Abbie understands but I do know that ANYONE can feel overwhelmingly hopeless & miserable - whether you can explain how you feel or not. Trust me, depression takes away your energy.
Add that to Abs only knowing how to fill her time by the wondrous example of the vaguely human shaped blimps she lives with - what can anyone expect her to do?
I agree, Abbie looks depressed, anxious and frustrated. Depression does takes a lot out of you. But also if she doesn't understand her feelings, then her brain is causing her to do the manic laughter and act out.

Would the OT know how to determine if someone with autism and ID are acting out because of abuse, neglect, or depression?

Sorry if this is a stupid question or reply.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.