Fathering Autism #142 Lymphatic Drainage? Or Lack of Brainage?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even then she doesn't always understand.
Perfect example...hitting random buttons on her iPad after Assa asks her a question.
She keeps hitting buttons until she hits the one he wanted.
Her ability to understand much besides food is almost non existent.
She's profoundly Intellectually Disabled. There's very little reasoning going on in her brain.
A person must have the ability to reason in order to understand.
Unless they're ABA trained. Using the same techniques people use to train a dog. Then they might understand simple commands.
But they don't understand past doing whatever the simple commands are.
And we haven’t seen anything different from her in 5 years. How folks say she is progressing is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm not so sure she understands what is being said. Unless it's a simple direct question to her

It's likely that she understands bits and pieces of conversations by picking up on certain words. Just from raising my own kiddo with autism/ID, he may not understand the entire conversation, but he can pick up on certain words and latch on to those. I agree that for her to better understand, things need to be simple and concise. Not these wordy diatribes they like to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.