Fathering Autism #141 Coffee, 2 Sugars, Just Don’t Mind Sweet Girls Boogers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's completely natural to grieve those things, be upset by them, have difficulties with it.
But in A&P's case, don't lie about it and say you've dealt with it and got a handle on it etc when you really don't. And there is video evidence that you don't. lol I think you're right, Asshat is way more detached (except when he "cried" the other day about Abbie unloading the dishwasher.) P is definitely crushed and destroyed every single time. She has not dealt with it AT ALL. Not one little bit. Even after 17+ years. I mean, at what point does grieving over these things go from a natural place to an unhealthy place? In some ways, I feel it's kind of doing a disservice to Abbie and disrespectful/hurtful as a parent to be THAT hung up on who P desperately wishes she was rather than accepting who Abbie is. To be clear, no Abbie does not feel disrespected or hurt in the way that a NT kid does. But I do think she picks up on how P feels towards her with all of her resentment and so on.
For Priscilla as well, Abby is also the daughter that she ended up with after Asa left her and fathered another daughter without any issues. She feels even more 'cheated' because of that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
So, question for our tattler parents of neurodivergent kids, how do you feel about the topic that Asshat (and Cillame) brought up in the last few minutes of the vlog which was talking about grieving the things that your child might not, probably won't, or definitely won't do in life?
Asshat mentioned how P got very emotional and was crying at Becca's wedding during the father-daughter dance because that's something that Abbie will never do. Asshat blathers on talking about grieving those moments is normal and you shouldn't feel guilty for it. He says it's something that's going to continue happening and that you get used to it in some ways and you learn to deal with it and don't get into a deep depression over it.

View attachment 1686504

Princess Cillame has had multiple meltdowns on the vlog over Abbie not reaching certain milestones or not doing or having certain things that Cillame dreams that Abbie should do or have and the fact that she likely never will. One example is Abbie's Birthday gifts, P was most definitely in a deep depression in that vlog. You'd think there'd been a death in the family. Bawling her eyes out about how they'll never buy Abbie her first car, how she can't get Abbie all these stereotypical 'typical teenage girl' gifts that P had in mind. Saying she'd been super stressed out for days and the birthday gift shopping totally drained her. Tonight, Asshat was trying to make it sound like they are the most accepting of Abbie that they've ever been, they don't get nearly as upset or depressed as they used to and so on when that is NOT the truth.

So, the second half of my question is how much do you grieve for the things your kid(s) don't do and won't do... all of that... and what is your opinion on how A&P handle it (versus the bullshit Asshat was spewing tonight)..??
Being head of an autistic house hold myself...we've dealt with acceptance understanding ...grieving but to be completely honest... We chose to celebrate the accomplishments and enjoy our children for who they are. I look at Priscilla and her fake tears...and know it's her feeling sorry for herself and what SHE might not get... We know she cries when she doesn't get her Easter basket.... So it's obvious her years are for her...and only her.
She's worried about Abbie not getting her father daughter dance?? Really?? Does she ever think of Asa's OTHER daughters tears??? I have a teen age daughter whose father walked out on her at age 2... I KNOW her hurts, her tears...
Priscilla only years up for HER loss... HER selfishness.

Btw.... Our autistic child does not trick or treat anymore .... We dress up give out candy...and have fun...

Priscilla and Asa change their stories and lies So often it's clearly for content. One day Priscilla is saying Abbies a typical teenager...with her besties...and it's girls night...then they dress her up like an 8 yr. Old for halloween... It's all about content..nothing's ever done purely for Abbies happiness or well being.

They make me sick.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I love how two ton Birther Candy made the comment about how "age appropriate" Abbies butterfly costume was.
😆 🤣 😂
Boy, the apple really doesn't fall far from the redwood trees do they.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 1686554
….and she wants her office upstairs! 😂😂 The desperation to escape is palpable! 😂😂
Holy Heave Ho! Batman!
Just look at how she has to power her fat ass up the stairs.
Thats kinda what I look like if I dont have a rail, but not because I'm the size of two humans!
I think about what she'd do if she has to have spinal fusion, knee or hip replacements, etc., because she will not recover well.

Also, Asa said that while Trick or Treating Abbie "fits right in with middle schoolers."
Well, then so do you Asshole, because she is your height. Shes not this teeny Princess he thinks she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So, question for our tattler parents of neurodivergent kids, how do you feel about the topic that Asshat (and Cillame) brought up in the last few minutes of the vlog which was talking about grieving the things that your child might not, probably won't, or definitely won't do in life?
Asshat mentioned how P got very emotional and was crying at Becca's wedding during the father-daughter dance because that's something that Abbie will never do. Asshat blathers on talking about grieving those moments is normal and you shouldn't feel guilty for it. He says it's something that's going to continue happening and that you get used to it in some ways and you learn to deal with it and don't get into a deep depression over it.

View attachment 1686504

Princess Cillame has had multiple meltdowns on the vlog over Abbie not reaching certain milestones or not doing or having certain things that Cillame dreams that Abbie should do or have and the fact that she likely never will. One example is Abbie's Birthday gifts, P was most definitely in a deep depression in that vlog. You'd think there'd been a death in the family. Bawling her eyes out about how they'll never buy Abbie her first car, how she can't get Abbie all these stereotypical 'typical teenage girl' gifts that P had in mind. Saying she'd been super stressed out for days and the birthday gift shopping totally drained her. Tonight, Asshat was trying to make it sound like they are the most accepting of Abbie that they've ever been, they don't get nearly as upset or depressed as they used to and so on when that is NOT the truth.

So, the second half of my question is how much do you grieve for the things your kid(s) don't do and won't do... all of that... and what is your opinion on how A&P handle it (versus the bullshit Asshat was spewing tonight)..??
Not a parent, but one thing I've noted when they talked about this before (Ass once "interviewed" Lauren Brazee about it) is they make the assumption that their children would have done these things anyway. Whereas there are many, many people in the world who are neurotypical but never get married, don't have children, didn't go to prom, still collect stuffed animals, never graduate from high school, or don't go to college, the list goes on and on. Plenty of people live an "atypical" life by choice. Additionally, any children have the ability and desire, but not the opportunity to do certain things, due to social or economic constraints. (For example, some kids may not be able to afford things on account of having a deadbeat father who avoided child support all their lives, right Ace?)

A&P never went to college...do they expect their parents to sit there weeping over their "missed milestones"? No, because they consider themselves "normal," and therefore whatever they do is fine. Do they cry about, or campaign for, or contribute funds for kids who can't afford college? No...in fact they intentionally withheld money from Asshole's own child, and blabbed to the whole Internet about their plans to bilk the taxpayers of North Carolina out of money by tricking App State into granting Golden Boy in-state tuition, all while publicly shitting all over people who accept any kind of "assistance."

What they're crying over is the fact that THEY are not getting what THEY want, and this is one situation they cannot manipulate their way out of. They had fantasies of a beautiful Southern belle Florida beach bum daughter...who would be pretty, popular, cool. Just like they had fantasies of a perfect jock son who'd be quarterback of the high school football team (Thunderfoot Jr.) and get voted Homecoming King before heading off to college and living the ideal fratboy life. They were able to manipulate, guilt, berate, humiliate, and even use their minimal Internet "clout" to make that happen with Isaiah (his own, theater-geek wishes and van life dreams be damned).

They cannot do that with Abbie, no matter how hard they try. They have already adjusted their dreams downwards (Maybe she can walk on the beach with her therapy dog? Be the first special needs model for Salt Life? Live in a carriage house in Riverside? Put a lid on a coffee cup like a real live barista? Anything???) and she has "failed" (by their standards) to clear even those lower bars. Denial could not "fix" her. Special diets could not "fix" her. The lawsuits could not "fix" her. ABA could not "fix" her. Homeschool is not "fixing" her. No amount of bullying anybody, including Abbie herself, has so far been successful in turning Abbie into a Real Girl.

That is what they cry about. It has nothing to do with opportunities she's lost. Where is their crying over the opportunities they have kept her from in the here and now, instead of in their fantasy world? The sensory toys she is not given, the caretakers she has lost, the schools she was pulled from, the time they wasted on hockey games and tricycles instead of self-care and communication? Where is Assa's crying over the fact that, after 17 years, his daughter still has no way to say "no" and that is entirely his doing? Get bent, shitbrains. You're crying for yourselves, not for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Holy Heave Ho! Batman!
Just look at how she has to power her fat ass up the stairs.
Thats kinda what I look like if I dont have a rail, but not because I'm the size of two humans!
I think about what she'd do if she has to have spinal fusion, knee or hip replacements, etc., because she will not recover well.

Also, Asa said that while Trick or Treating Abbie "fits right in with middle schoolers."
Well, then so do you Asshole, because she is your height. Shes not this teeny Princess he thinks she is.
Admittedly, I only watched at first to see her meander up the stairs, which did not disappoint.😂 The redwood branch arms as a counterweight did me in….Anyways, upon further viewing, I see she was making a bee line for the Dumping Dungeon of Doom. 😂 Now I see the need for urgency. Never has she made it up those stairs so quickly. The utter destruction that must have followed. I shudder at the thought.😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
And now that we know that they are indeed dragging her out Trick or Treating again...what a dog and pony show this will be.
Asa, making other kids/parents wait behind them as they spend 10 minutes trying to make Abbie practice her "greetings" at every house before she even hits the Trick of Treat button.
Just out there spreading awareness and joy, because everyone just loves "learning" from Abbie, and no one would ever mind being held up by her and her colossal parents! :sick: :sick:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

View attachment 1686504

I can totally understand that point. Big milestone birthdays or other events (um, high school graduation, prom, all that type of stuff) did punch me in the gut at times. They still do. It's just hard. Do I bawl my eyes out at those thoughts when they occur? Not really. I've followed a bunch of other parents who are walking a much harder road with their kids than we are. I always try to keep that perspective. Is it sad that we won't get to have all the typical milestones with our youngest son? Sure. I can't deny that it gets me down at times. However, we got to experience all of that with our oldest son. Some parents don't even get that. Holidays and such used to get me down because I had no idea what to buy for him because he'd use anything as a tool of destruction. Now, he at least would appreciate a new computer or comfy chair, but that's about it for the "age appropriate" stuff. I've had no problems taking him to the toy aisles and having him pick out whatever catches his fancy. He's received monetary gifts from relatives and he's either I've taken him to pick something out, or I've used it for multiple "lunch dates" with him when we are out and about. When I'm feeling down or the day has just been tit, that's where my other ASD momma friends come in. Or in the past, my therapist. A lot of us also take anti-depressants. Basically, I vent, maybe get teary eyed for a few minutes, and then just get on with it. It would be very easy to just wallow in self pity and fall down that dark hole, but that doesn't do my son any good, so I have to pull up my big girl panties and think of all the things he CAN do. I personally think they tend to "eat their feelings". I do too. I recognize that I am a total emotional eater, so I am trying to compensate by doing more exercise. Which improves my mental health as well as my physical health. Which makes me feel good about myself. Which makes me a better parent and more pleasant to be around. It's also something the hubby and I now do together and support each other through. I want to continue making this time for myself-so the thought of the kiddo being "homeschooled" if this whole mess doesn't work out sent me into near panic. I calmed down by going on a 2 mile walk with one of my ASD momma friends who basically said to take it one step at a time and that she thinks it will all work out. I guess you could say it's a whole multi-faceted approach to help combat slipping into outright despair. They could use their platform to really speak on this and how it affects your mental health and give people some real advice, but alas, that won't happen.

• Heart
I think it's completely natural to grieve those things, be upset by them, have difficulties with it.
But in A&P's case, don't lie about it and say you've dealt with it and got a handle on it etc when you really don't. And there is video evidence that you don't. lol I think you're right, Asshat is way more detached (except when he "cried" the other day about Abbie unloading the dishwasher.) P is definitely crushed and destroyed every single time. She has not dealt with it AT ALL. Not one little bit. Even after 17+ years. I mean, at what point does grieving over these things go from a natural place to an unhealthy place? In some ways, I feel it's kind of doing a disservice to Abbie and disrespectful/hurtful as a parent to be THAT hung up on who P desperately wishes she was rather than accepting who Abbie is. To be clear, no Abbie does not feel disrespected or hurt in the way that a NT kid does. But I do think she picks up on how P feels towards her with all of her resentment and so on.
AssA was more detached until taking Abbie in full costume with Candy Hog to trick-or-treat at a party not designed for that. He relived his tragic elementary school Halloween costume experience. That was buried deep for far to many decades. This dude needs to unload some tit!

6F17F472-A4EA-40D6-A389-B66A907596AF.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Well upstairs she won't need to climb stairs to take a tit.

Likely she will have a mini fridge in the office. All she needs is a tv and she won't need to come down unless she needs to make a vlog appearance.
True statement! 😹 I definitely see a mini fridge in her near future…if not already. 😹
…to take a tit
I love it.😻

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Admittedly, I only watched at first to see her meander up the stairs, which did not disappoint.😂 The redwood branch arms as a counterweight did me in….Anyways, upon further viewing, I see she was making a bee line for the Dumping Dungeon of Doom. 😂 Now I see the need for urgency. Never has she made it up those stairs so quickly. The utter destruction that must have followed. I shudder at the thought.😂
I know I thought damn big p looks like she’s about to tit her pants. Haven’t those pants suffered enough🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
AssA was more detached until taking Abbie in full costume with Candy Hog to trick-or-treat at a party not designed for that. He relived his tragic elementary school Halloween costume experience. That was buried deep for far to many decades. This dude needs to unload some tit!

View attachment 1686644
I think he is getting to the point of needing a seat belt extender.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I just saw this that the Ass posted.
What is he smoking???
I like how he kept in "for now" so he can always fallback and punt when it doesn't work out. We all know it's NOT working out but the poor, poor humpers will lavish him with sympathy because his heart will be broken.

So, I can’t answer the questions your asking because I’m not in that situation. Just had to be a smart ass and interject, maybe he can have a father/daughter dance with his first daughter. I think P would end up in such a tizzy if that ever happened.
Our P wound need her Southern Belle fainting couch for when she gets the vapors.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Seems like Big P has trouble with every type of step or stair. The kitchen stairs, and the backdoor step both seemed HEAVY.

Big P at one point started bouncing Nala like a baby.

And I would love to trick or treat at CandyLand’s house lol crackers, candy and MONEY??

• Haha

View attachment 1686504

I don't have a child with these problems but I do have a nephew who has Asperger's and is highly functional. He drives and went to a community college and got his Associate's degree. He hasn't been able to get a job which he can use his degree, but he has worked in a supermarket for over ten years now.

But there are a lot of things he'll never do like get married, have kids, etc. I really looked forward to having a great niece or nephew.

As his aunt I feel bad about those things but I tend to be grateful for what he has accomplished becasue I never really thought he would be able to do the things he has done. I was just a teen when he was born and didn't really understand what Autism was. I have learned a lot from him about what he can do.

Sadly i do think my brother pushed him a lot more than he should have. My brother is a perfectionist and narcissist and having a son with something wrong came as a big blow to him. I still think he doesn't like to admit it. He can be harsh with him at times and it breaks my heart.

It's not the end of the world. There are people out there with all kinds of things going on. There are all kinds of struggles in life and we ALL will deal with something at one time or another.

As my late mother used to say "That's just life" "We do the best we can, we are only human"

• Heart
So, I can’t answer the questions your asking because I’m not in that situation. Just had to be a smart ass and interject, maybe he can have a father/daughter dance with his first daughter. I think P would end up in such a tizzy if that ever happened.
And I hope he gets to walk the normal daughter down the aisle.....

OMG Ps true size on display in Embarrassed For Her vlog. 🐪 or 🐷 toe. Poor shorts, if they make them in your size doesn’t mean made for your size. P navigating stairs, they’re not Mt Everest P.
I thought she was going to fall backwards coming up the kitchen stairs when Asshole was putting Abby's tats on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.