Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t keep up with these threads anymore. Just tried reading through some & I keep falling asleep! I also have zero attention span for the lengthy ones. Are you people on computers? On any particular meds? Drinking wine? How in the world?! Anyway, I think Abbie will need a support (to respite) caregiver during learning hours that is a STRONG male & taller than 5’9” to keep her in line before long.
Lol I am the same way now. Guess I’m over the lengthy explanations of Abbies behavior.

I wonder if maybe she felt it would be strange to be firm with Abbie in front of A&P? Really, A&P should have dealt with it and not let that awkwardness just kind of go on. I certainly would have spoken up when Abbie pushed Summer, in a serious way, not joking and playing it off.
I think they have some weird thing where they like to portray Abbie as Mischievous. The fans find it adorable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Pink Marshmallow,

They would need to take Abbie to a special needs dentist with a sedation option. Various non-special needs dentists also offer sedation for those with extreme phobias and children who perhaps couldn't withstand the procedures otherwise.

Once, in their comment section, a critic of their channel mentioned that Abbie was basically the star. Asa became defensive over this, and told them off. He pointed to certain videos with a decent number of views where Abbie apparently wasn't some big star. The channel is centered about Abbie's autism (supposedly), so he's really performing some mental gymnastics here.

Also, a bit of speculation: in one of their very first podcasts, Asa conceded (as much as he's capable) that his lack of education is a source of insecurity for him. This may be at least part of why he's so unwilling to admit he's wrong on certain issues: because it makes him feel the fool that he feels inside. He has to appear educated. Rather than improve his knowledge by reading books and upgrading his education level, he behaves arrogantly towards those who seek to correct him, no matter how tactfully they tread.

From personal experience, when I see some of the bright, well-articulated individuals on this forum, it can be somewhat intimidating at times. But with Asa, any self-doubt he feels comes out like a kitten puffing up its fur to appear much bigger.

There are two schools of thought on Narcissists: one is that their narcissism is to hide some deep seated insecurity. The other is that they truly in the cockles of their soul believe in their own greatness. I think it manifests as both. There's evidence to suggest it could go either way.

In contrast to Priscilla who fumbles about for words, often taking forever to get to a point, Asa is far better spoken. I find listening to Priscilla go on really trying. Whenever's she's the star of the vlogs, I would fast forward to either Asa or Abbie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
They always say that they don't like to Overwhelm her with things when she is home. School is school and home shouldn't act like school. They aren't doing her any favors. They probably think that the school will end up with her anyway, let them deal with her problem behavior.
It’s the other children at school that I feel sorry for. They must be sick and tired of her stealing their food. Also because nobody will admit that she is IDD the other children will not be getting the attention they deserve, as she must take up a lot of time with her antics.
Just my opinion.

Waddle up! LOL
I can hear her hooves clickin' on the floor, approaching the front desk...
"Hey girl, hey! I've got some cheap samples to drop off, because we know ya'll still have income!"
Oh ,and cause we care. Yeah, thats it.
Like and Subscribe!
**waddle, click. waddle click."
Oh I can’t. That hooves thing gets me every time. I just got a picture in my head of phartblossoms pig trotting up to the hospital.

Yeah, she did that for herself. "Yes, I am THE Priscilla! Here are some scraps that make me feel like I really helped with the pandemic!"
Well she did help to spread it with going to Atlanta. Imo

They definitely were all on eggshells.
I honestly thought Abbie seemed surprisingly very coherent during this.
She really looked and seemed very present.
Kinda freaked me out.
Like...witch...Im not getting out of this car and you're not gonna make me.
As a parent myself I think they are way too lenient with her. If I had to I would have pulled her out whether she liked it or not. Even if they are afraid of her they still have to be in charge, if not , well we all know how that ends up.
She is no longer a little girl and they really have to face the reality that she is not a playful child anymore and they need to take action and soon or someone is going to get hurt.

I agree, when he ghosted her they were 19! If anything it’s normal to not know what you want,especially guys at that age...they got pregnant and married way too young, I’m sure their marriage is hard, but most are let’s face it...
I’m sorry but I wouldn’t be chasing after a man who clearly didn’t want me. Her mother tracked him down, who does that.
How can she know whether he really loves her or not when she had to almost force him to marry her.
Desperate or what.

Tick Tock'n and grinding to Beyonce's Countdown

"Me and my boo in my boo boo ridin'
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show him you the fliest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it"

Umm. Cilla. Just no.
I feel sick. Just no.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Am I understanding this right?
Their mission statement (that's hilarious) for the podcast is:
Talking to other parents as well as having a good outlet to share our frustrations and our joys and all the things while drinking cocktails during quarantine?
Sounds riveting!
And OMG, I am a quiet person. I could not handle living in that house.
I would rather be in jail ( yes, I have been there, young and dumb don't ask!)
Abbie's yelling.
Summer's obnoxious laugh.
Pigcilla's constant describing everything in that lisp of hers.
Ass's bullshit spew of all the things.
Isaiah and his idiotic jokes. He better run like hell when this is over. He is becoming the mirror image of o great and mighty king Asshat.
And then you got the dogs constantly playing or fighting or whatever they are doing. Is that normal?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Am I understanding this right?
Their mission statement (that's hilarious) for the podcast is:
Talking to other parents as well as having a good outlet to share our frustrations and our joys and all the things while drinking cocktails during quarantine?
Sounds riveting!
Take No Prisoners,

Is that seriously their mission statement? in more or less those words?
I hardly watch their channel anymore.

So much for the whole Autism-related premise.
The longer times goes on, the more their channel deviates from its supposed goal of "spreading awareness".

• Haha
  • Heart
@cucumber If the question is:what could have A&P done better to help Abbie, when she was younger?

There is a lot they could have done!!!

I don’t know about the whole ABA thing. We never did ABA therapy with any of our 4 kids.. It wasn’t that I was against it but I wasn’t comfortable with my child going into a one-on-one setting, for hours a day, going through frustrations.. Back many years ago, they didn’t have home based ABA in our area and it was only offered that way..

I will say though, OT, PT and Speech should have been started when Abbie was 12-18 months old, when they first seen her not developing properly and she probably had a developmental delay diagnosis. That diagnosis would have covered her therapies, along with Asa’s medical insurance through the coast guard (or his VA benefits).

With these services, they needed to jump in and do the homework inbetween visits.. PT would help with balancing and coordination. OT would have helped with sensory issues, impulses, and even using her iPad or voice devices.. Speech would have helped with her sensory for foods, speech sounds and also using her iPad or voice devices...

At 3 years old, she would have qualified for early intervention services through their school district. If she went, they still needed to keep up her private therapies. It seems like when Abbie hit the public schools, if they had private therapies, they stopped those.. Public school doesn’t substitute what the private therapies can do... Also, when Abbie came to the shop in the afternoon, one of them, either A or P, needed to put down their shop responsibilities for the afternoon, done dinner with the kids and completed homework.. Abbie should have been going to the therapist offices in the afternoon and them working with her, one-on-one too... The room in the back of the shop, didn’t need to ever happen.. If paperwork needed to be done, like P did, close the front office at 5pm, take the kids and paperwork home, after the kids went to bed, stayed up and did it from home...

Also, your family comes first P... You can be the best person on volunteering in every group and heading each office that you want but at the end of the day, your house comes first and if it is burning down, you need to handle that first... It seems like she didn’t get taught that growing up...

From there, I could literally go on and on but gosh, just these small changes would have made Abbie be in such a better position than she is now...
So nice to hear from you again, I have missed your posts. They are really interesting and informative, you articulate things in a way that I can understand and learn from ( not being the parent of an autistic child )
Thank you x

• Heart
Also, a bit of speculation: in one of their very first podcasts, Asa conceded (as much as he's capable) that his lack of education is a source of insecurity for him. This may be at least part of why he's so unwilling to admit he's wrong on certain issues: because it makes him feel the fool that feels inside. He has to appear educated. Rather than improve his knowledge by reading books and upgrading his education level, he behaves arrogantly towards those who seek to correct him, no matter how tactfully they tread.
He’s one of the worst kinds of know it alls. He has a hard time accepting defeat. He has to make it a point that he is somewhat right (even if he isn’t). Like whenever Priscilla or Isaiah give their opinion ( a valid opinion) in response to something he says, he will make it a point to somehow prove that what he said is also valid (although it might not be).

Remember that time Priscilla and Asa went to their neighbors house for a party. Asa didn’t want to be there because for once he wasn’t going to be around people he could bs. He acted like a child. He said it’s always so awkward explaining what they do to others. The way they flaunt and act like what they do is so influential and demanding (we work 80 hour week), you would think they would have no problem telling others what they do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
So nice to hear from you again, I have missed your posts. They are really interesting and informative, you articulate things in a way that I can understand and learn from ( not being the parent of an autistic child )
Thank you x
No worries!
I am sorry that I haven’t been online more...
I currently have 2 boys that are desperately missing their school and e-learning is very difficult with Autism and ADHD...
I have all four kids that miss their Grandma to death too and their weekly schedules (that usually included a Sunday visit to her house)...
So, I am doing the best that I can but it definitely isn’t easy...
Currently, I am sitting here waiting the weather radar because we are getting Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado warnings.. I am just praying that I don’t have to go and wake up all the kids to go into my bedroom closet..

I hope everyone else’s weather is a lot better than ours..

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Remember that time Priscilla and Asa went to their neighbors house for a party. Asa didn’t want to be there because for once he wasn’t going to be around people he could bs. He acted like a child. He said it’s always so awkward explaining what they do to others. The way they flaunt and act like what they do is so influential and demanding (we work 80 hour week), you would think they would have no problem telling others what they do.
Lovesis,

I don't recall the house party. I may not have watched that particular vlog. The fact that Asa feels awkward / self-conscious about his very important job as a vlogger spreading awareness is rather revealing. If he felt good about it, why the insecurity? Who cares if others thumb their noses?

His job as a vlogger in and of itself is not what annoys me, nor many people here. It's how they present themselves, their exploitation of their special needs daughter, their money grubbing product placements and their stubborn refusal to absorb anything other than glowing admiration.
How long will it be until they start selling bits of Abbie's chopped off hair or her toenail clippings to deranged fans eager for shrine offerings?

Priscilla told us Asa doesn't work well under others. When the YouTube money dries up, will they start up another shop? How many bosses will put up with Asa's insubordination and attitude?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Lol, they ask people to take pictures and tag them for spirit week as if they give a tit. They probably want to be tagged for more clout. They are looking for their viral moment.
Comments and likes count as revenue.
That's why they are doing that juvenile tit.
Sure, they are that clueless and ignorant that they don't realize it's 2020 but Assa studies up on his YouTube and social media how to make money stuff.
Leghumpers won't realize it so why not throw it out there and see if it works.
Like they do everything else.
IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tick Tock'n and grinding to Beyonce's Countdown

"Me and my boo in my boo boo ridin'
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show him you the fliest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it"

Umm. Cilla. Just no.
Looks like poor Maverick in the background by the door shares my sentiments, like "Oh here we go again,No. Just NO. PLEASE somebody let me outta here . I can't TAKE this foolishness"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Wth is their latest vlog about? They've really shown their fandom what idiots they are. The vlogs aren't about Abby anymore it's about them and their rich lifestyle. BTW nearly all of the MLMs are sending these packages out because they've been told that they need to get more sales. Of course she put her business card in them .

• Sick
  • Heart
Wth is their latest vlog about? They've really shown their fandom what idiots they are. The vlogs aren't about Abby anymore it's about them and their rich lifestyle. BTW nearly all of the MLMs are sending these packages out because they've been told that they need to get more sales. Of course she put her business card in them .
EyeSpy71,

I'm afraid some of their fans have lost all critical thinking ability. Those who haven't would put two and two together as the inconsistencies piled up.

Some observations about these kind of rabid fans..
Back in maybe 2015, I was briefly a part of a GuruGossip forum on ShayCarl and the ShayTards, because although I was never some hardcore fan, I started to see inconsistencies pile up with them, along with Charles Trippy of CTFxC, back when he was with Alli Speed.

I made a post on how I thought ShayCarl's obnoxious, hyper impulsive behaviour made him a good candidate to be unfaithful, and I got absolutely reamed for it, along with a few others who felt the same way.

Then, the now infamous scandal broke about his anal sex fascination and dirty chats with some webcam girl called Aria. He and his wife I believe have since separated. He admitted to an alcohol addiction as well. The oh-so-amazing family man image he was portraying was of course an absolute crock.

Same goes for Charles Trippy. I didn't mind Alli much though I disliked Charles, and was sort of fascinated by their immense popularity at the time (2009 to 2013 maybe).

Grounded viewers of them became suspicious something was up after a sudden behavioural shift from Alli, after she got back from a trip to Australia. They could see her thinly-veiled hostility and fake smiles. The hardcore fans of the channel told them they were paranoid haters.

Not long thereafter, Charles put out a divorce announcement video. There were brief messages from Alli on Twitter about how the sh*t had really hit the fan in their household. There was strong catalogued evidence that he was cheating on her.

He was already hitting up Alli 3.0 while Alli 2.0 was overseas. Guy has a thing for girls named Alli. This is his third. Alli 3.0 is now his wife and they have a baby together.

Ok, so why I am telling you all this?
Because fans can't see through the deluded fog. Non-fans and non-serious watchers were not blinded in the same way. Their critical thinking was intact.
The hardcore fans rapidly clung to their perceptions, many of them from unhappy homes who viewed these daily vloggers as a surrogate family to them. They had become invested in a very emotional way. You attack the vlogger, you attack their second family.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
EyeSpy71,

I'm afraid some of their fans have lost all critical thinking ability. Those who haven't would put two and two together as the inconsistencies piled up.

Some observations about these kind of rabid fans..
Back in maybe 2015, I was briefly a part of a GuruGossip forum on ShayCarl and the ShayTards, because although I was never some hardcore fan, I started to see inconsistencies pile up with them, along with Charles Trippy of CTFxC, back when he was with Alli Speed.

I made a post on how I thought ShayCarl's obnoxious, hyper impulsive behaviour made him a good candidate to be unfaithful, and I got absolutely reamed for it, along with a few others who felt the same way.

Then, the now infamous scandal broke about his anal sex fascination and dirty chats with some webcam girl called Aria. He and his wife I believe have since separated. He admitted to an alcohol addiction as well. The oh-so-amazing family man image he was portraying was of course an absolute crock.

Same goes for Charles Trippy. I didn't mind Alli much though I disliked Charles, and was sort of fascinated by their immense popularity at the time (2009 to 2013 maybe).

Grounded viewers of them became suspicious something was up after a sudden behavioural shift from Alli, after she got back from a trip to Australia. They could see her thinly-veiled hostility and fake smiles. The hardcore fans of the channel told them they were paranoid haters.

Not long thereafter, Charles put out a divorce announcement video. There were brief messages from Alli on Twitter about how the sh*t had really hit the fan in their household. There was strong catalogued evidence that he was cheating on her.

He was already hitting up Alli 3.0 while Alli 2.0 was overseas. Guy has a thing for girls named Alli. This is his third. Alli 3.0 is now his wife and they have a baby together.

Ok, so why I am telling you all this?
Because fans can't see through the deluded fog. Non-fans and non-serious watchers were not blinded in the same way. Their critical thinking was intact.
The hardcore fans rapidly clung to their perceptions, many of them from unhappy homes who viewed these daily vloggers as a surrogate family to them. They had become invested in a very emotional way. You attack the vlogger, you attack their second family.
Thank you for this excellent explanation, sadly you are correct

Reactions: 8
Thank you for this excellent explanation, sadly you are correct
EyeSpy71,

Do you want to know what's sad? Sometimes these fans can help cost someone their life with the adulation they gave.

Last May, a well-known YouTuber by the name of Chronically Jacquie passed away after her G/J feeding tube cut off the blood supply to her intestinal tract, allowing it to die.

Jacquie suffered from Factitious Disorder: a mental condition where the person in question deliberatly creates illness, exagerates or lies about it for attention. She was the subject of a Reddit forum on IllnessFakers, and they documented her many lies.

By allowing her severe delusions to continue, they fed into her mental illness. Worse yet, many girls began to imitate her, right down to her custom pink wheelchair (which she didn't need, btw).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
EyeSpy71,

Do you want to know what's sad? Sometimes these fans can help cost someone their life with the adulation they gave.

Last May, a well-known YouTuber by the name of Chronically Jacquie passed away after her G/J feeding tube cut off the blood supply to her intestinal tract, allowing it to die.

Jacquie suffered from Factitious Disorder: a mental condition where the person in question deliberatly creates illness, exagerates or lies about it for attention. She was the subject of a Reddit forum on IllnessFakers, and they documented her many lies.

By allowing her severe delusions to continue, they fed into her mental illness. Worse yet, many girls began to imitate her, right down to her custom pink wheelchair (which she didn't need, btw).
That's awful

Reactions: 2
Oh look, another family looking to profit off social media. The girl’s name is Abbie too. I think she has CP. Apparently, the 1st vid was reported, so they reposted it! And they don’t care that everyone is freaked out & commenting! Classic sign of narcissistic parents!

😳😢 Lord have mercy! She just threw that poor frail child like a rag doll!

That video went from lame and corny to evil and horrifying.....where are all the CPS reporters when we need them??
😱

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.