Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi peeps. Completely off topic. But I've just noticed i have been given a b13 warning way back in February! Can someone please tell me what this means? What have I done wrong? 😔 Thanks ❤

Reactions: 1
I imagine if he says no it will escalate to a tantrum because she is used to getting her way. What a nightmare to live like that!
It's all for the show, in my opinion.
He doesn't want her to have a tantrum because it's bad for views and will have to be cut from vlog content to appease the fanzies. They hate to see Miss Abigail upset🥺.

Little Doughboy like a puppet for his crazy obsessed fans. Fame is a fical friend isn't it Mr. Ego....too bad😜!

THAT drives me nuts. They need a basket full of things it is ok for her to choose and let her freakin' choose. Then maybe a drawer in the fridge with Abbie's snacks and let her choose. It is ridiculous to watch that. And if she just had a snack? NO means NO. Redirect her. Parenting 101 folks.
Also, why not offer her a clean chewy when she's at home? It is an essential item for many Autistic people of all ages, according to what I've read by people on the Spectrum (no offense, I'm not an Autism expert, just trying to learn some things).

So I agree, she needs to be redirected from constantly wanting to gnaw her arm or chew food...to something like a chewy. They should have loads of them for her. Keep them clean, sanitized and in places where she knows where to get them. If they don't have loads, they have plenty of resources to get them and they should have plenty of people on the Spectrum to help them find the best ones. Or Google it you lazy 🤬.

I don’t usually watch anymore because the vlogs make me sad...I watched just now and the first few minutes I’m thinking no one can take a minute and fix Abbie’s hair so it’s not in her face? She’s clearly bothered by it because she is pushing it away. And why don’t they use the first/then method when she wants food? For instance....when she signs for food and Asssss says you just had food. He could say, First, let’s go have a glass of water and clean up your room(or clean up wherever), then we’ll get a snack. He tells her no then ‘let’s’ her drag him to the refrigerator. She knows if she bugs him long enough she’ll get her food. I’m not even a few minutes in and I’m already pissed..
Absolutely wonderful idea! I agree with everything you said.

They are lazy dumbbells and don't give a crap, unfortunately for Abbie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
As I said in previous threads, Abbie doesn’t seem that bad of a kid to me. She literally doesn’t do much but sit in her corner of the couch and rock.....everything else is a result of how she’s been raised.
That's is possible with good parenting and the use of a communication devise. The name of the young man was Kreed, he was nonverbal like Abbie.
Unfortunately he isn't alive anymore.
The name of the channel is "Kreed's world".

That's is possible with good parenting and the use of a communication devise. The name of the young man was Kreed, he was nonverbal like Abbie.

Sorry, THIS is possible with good parenting ...
🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
There used to be signs on the fridge that where there to tell Ab that, it wasn’t food time, and in one vlog, Brandi can be seen telling Ab that it wasn’t time to eat.
Ah, the old house, simpler days.

Back when they were focused more on Abbie's therapy and ABA.

Traded in for a big house, cars, "all the things", and cash.

Nothing more now than "vloggers", "TikTokers," "scooter squad" and TRASH.

I dedicate this meager rhyme to dear @GrammaL who has shared many a great poem here, and I love them and miss them. Thanks friend.❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Sorry, THIS is possible with good parenting ...
🙄
I didn’t finish the video but it seems he was pushing random things on his iPad. It was hard to finish because I felt bad he kept hurting himself.

I do commend his mom though because she stuck through it in trying to get him to understand what he was doing.

Reactions: 8
Ah, the old house, simpler days.

Back when they were focused more on Abbie's therapy and ABA.

Traded in for a big house, cars, "all the things", and cash.

Nothing more now than "vloggers", "TikTokers," "scooter squad" and TRASH.

I dedicate this meager rhyme to dear @GrammaL who has shared many a great poem here, and I love them and miss them. Thanks friend.❤
Where did GrammaL go?

Reactions: 10
Had to stop watching the vlog to comment.....telling someone when they are," all done", is inappropriate and should be stopped quick. It's another one of those obnoxious behaviors that they are allowing. Just now, Abigail came pretty close to freaking out bc, she was telling Asa he was ,"all done", with whatever he was doing. God these ppl are gross.
It's rude. It's the same as saying Shut Up. When anyone sits on the couch, she will tell them All Done if they have a pillow. Miserable little thing.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
The reason she doesn't have the freedom to grab a snack is bc she eats until she pukes. The reason they ignore her is bc its constant. She dosen't ever stop asking for things. It's either bathroom, food, car ride, bath or go. It's always tit she wants and you can't give anyone what they want 100% of the time. That's something every parent has to refrain from doing, not just this family. They don't always refrain from it either bc, that's why she is such a bully and a little witch. Most of the time she flips the duck out when they don't comply with her demands. She dosen't just ask for things, she demands things.

What thread is this, I'm coming to the rescue. I'm tired of these nasty fuckers...
Yes, Abbie does all of those things. But in my opinion, can we really blame her?

She has IDD, is non-verbal, doesn't understand much of what is happening around her, has very limited communication, limited use of her hands and fingers, she doesn't understand human interaction or social norms, some researchers refer to cases like her's as being "trapped in one's own mind" (apologies if that is an offensive phrase), she has no autonomy and very few things at her disposal that she enjoys besides food and rides. On top of all that she is under the control and authority of two irresponsible, narcissistic, ignorant, self-centered, and just lazy people.

Imagine yourself in her position for a few days, then your entire life. Imagine only being able to communicate a handful of things.

We have so much freedom compared to her. We can easily express our thoughts, feelings, needs and wants verbally. We understand what is happening around us, how it effects us, social norms. We can develop friendships, relationships, and find comfort in the things and people around us. We understand and/or can learn our human limitations, distinguish what is harmful from what is useful or necessary. If we want a bath when can go take one, toilet ourselves without need of assistance or permission. We have access, through learning and the use our mind and hands, to millions of things.

When a teen like Isaiah wakes up in the morning, his decision on eating, bathing, clothing, and loads of other activities are his own (except video games of course :rolleyes:). He understands why he has schoolwork, can listen and follow instructions, and at the end of the day comprehend the purpose of his education. He has a phone, computer, television, friends, family, the internet.....all at his disposal if he gets bored or lonely or just feels like chatting and conversing. What does Abbie have, tickle time and "boop"??

People are comparing her to a "feral" child, or Helen Keller....put tape over your mouth, blindfold yourself and try to function for 48 hours through a regular day. Then talk. I lost my ability to speak for only minutes (over a year ago) due to a seizure. I was conscious and scared as hell. My family was talking to me trying to know what was wrong, the part of my brain that controls speech just shut off and I was helpless. I still have seizures, and what happens during them and when is unpredictable. Thank God I was able to talk again the same night and I have other means of communication at my disposal. But that small glimpse of being "trapped in my head" was a nightmare that I would not wish on anyone, and am not quick to pass judgement on.

My opinion
Sorry for the long rant

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think they meant they don’t agree with it.
That’s how I took it as well. 🙂🙃

Yes, Abbie does all of those things. But in my opinion, can we really blame her?

She has IDD, is non-verbal, doesn't understand much of what is happening around her, has very limited communication, limited use of her hands and fingers, she doesn't understand human interaction or social norms, some researchers refer to cases like her's as being "trapped in one's own mind" (apologies if that is an offensive phrase), she has no autonomy and very few things at her disposal that she enjoys besides food and rides. On top of all that she is under the control and authority of two irresponsible, narcissistic, ignorant, self-centered, and just lazy people.

Imagine yourself in her position for a few days, then your entire life. Imagine only being able to communicate a handful of things.

We have so much freedom compared to her. We can easily express our thoughts, feelings, needs and wants verbally. We understand what is happening around us, how it effects us, social norms. We can develop friendships, relationships, and find comfort in the things and people around us. We understand and/or can learn our human limitations, distinguish what is harmful from what is useful or necessary. If we want a bath when can go take one, toilet ourselves without need of assistance or permission. We have access, through learning and the use our mind and hands, to millions of things.

When a teen like Isaiah wakes up in the morning, his decision on eating, bathing, clothing, and loads of other activities are his own (except video games of course :rolleyes:). He understands why he has schoolwork, can listen and follow instructions, and at the end of the day comprehend the purpose of his education. He has a phone, computer, television, friends, family, the internet.....all at his disposal if he gets bored or lonely or just feels like chatting and conversing. What does Abbie have, tickle time and "boop"??

People are comparing her to a "feral" child, or Helen Keller....put tape over your mouth, blindfold yourself and try to function for 48 hours through a regular day. Then talk. I lost my ability to speak for only minutes (over a year ago) due to a seizure. I was conscious and scared as hell. My family was talking to me trying to know what was wrong, the part of my brain that controls speech just shut off and I was helpless. I still have seizures, and what happens during them and when is unpredictable. Thank God I was able to talk again the same night and I have other means of communication at my disposal. But that small glimpse of being "trapped in my head" was a nightmare that I would not wish on anyone, and am not quick to pass judgement on.

My opinion
Sorry for the long rant
Well said. “Trapped in my head” really puts it in perspective. Been there, still dealing with it to some extent from issues with MS progression🙁 so as easy as it is to get frustrated with Abbie’s behavior, I try to remind myself she is only as good as her support system. Sadly, her at home system has been lacking for so many years, and we are witnessing it firsthand.

I hope she is ok. I love her posts.😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Where did GrammaL go?
I am sure she's around😊. She posted yesterday. I just felt that I should acknowledge her poetry skills and that she is the one who originally posted great rhymes.

I thought of that simple one, but I really miss reading her's.

I appreciate everyone on this forum. Your observations, humor, art, poetry, stories and insights are keeping me smiling in these dark days.

Thanks for sharing and caring ❤ ✌

Hi peeps. Completely off topic. But I've just noticed i have been given a b13 warning way back in February! Can someone please tell me what this means? What have I done wrong? 😔 Thanks ❤
I don't have any idea friend. Sounds strange, maybe contact admin to find out

Last edited:
  • Heart
now I’m a hater guys...cause I said they could afford their own stuff...smh these leghumpers...🙄
Ok, I got you. Take a look when you get a chance. Sorry it took me so long to get it done, I had some crazy stuff happening here at home last night.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am sure she's around😊. She posted yesterday. I just felt that I should acknowledge her poetry skills and that she is the one who originally posted great rhymes.

I thought of that simple one, but I really miss reading her's.

I appreciate everyone on this forum. Your observations, humor, art, poetry, stories and insights are keeping me smiling in these dark days.

Thanks for sharing and caring ❤ ✌
Oh...I though something had happened to her. *relieved*

I agree....even though we are all strangers I feel like I have a place to go and chat during these lonely days. I enjoy the posts as well, we got some funny people on this site.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
MIO is apparently a water "enhancers" I looked at nutritional value and other than sodium, there is 0. The ingredients are appalling and I cannot imagine why anyone would out that in their water and especially their kid's water!!! If a kid doesn't like to drink water? let them get thirsty...they'll drink it. Or infuse some real fruit in it.

MiO is listed as containing less than 2% natural flavors. Other listed ingredients are citric acid, propylene glycol, malic acid, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, potassium citrate, gum arabic, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, Allura Red AC 40, Brilliant Blue FCF 1 and potassium sorbate.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

You have articulated very well many of my thoughts on this whole thing. While just about all of us on here (rightfully) place blame on A&P for the way that Abbie is (it's not 100 percent totally on them but given their roles and responsibilities as her parents and caregiver of someone with special needs - putting aside for a moment how much they are failing her in many ways - it is a major part). The other part of it is the way Abbie perceives and processes the world. I keep saying some commenters talk about her behaviors and disciplining her as if she's a NT individual but she is not. There is so much that Abbie is unable to understand and process and it is not her fault.

As you have very correctly stated, Abbie is limited in just about every aspect of her life. Can you imagine how frustrating and discouraging that would be, for anyone? She communicates in the only ways she knows how and that make sense to her. It's up to A&P to teach her and to be consistent in that teaching and follow through. Even with her limited or you could say different level of understanding - she has a lot of frustration about her life. She has her times of being a 'brat', but it's not at the level of emotional and psychological manipulation that some seem to think it is.
For most of us, we have many different ways of processing our emotions, talking about them, getting things out, working through things. Not to mention a hell of a lot more autonomy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know this is a gossip site and I respect everyone's opinion but I have to speak up and advocate for Abbie. Abbie is a vulnerable child.
The words used to describe her are appalling. And defending the hatred filled statements with it's not her fault it's her parents is a smoke screen for the blatant discrimination and hatred of a child with intellectual disablities. Go ahead and call A&P all the nasty things your mind can muster, hell I'll even join in, but I can't be apart of this cruelty directed at a child. Here are some examples of what has been said about Abbie:
She is a beast, gross, lazy, spoiled, a monster, a bully, obnoxious, she has a crappy attitude, scary, an asshole, disgusting, and a walking vegetable.
She does not belong in public, she shouldn't be in public, she isn't fit to be in public. And my personal favorite 😡 she would be better off in an institution. Shall we go back to the fifties?
View attachment 106366

I would like to ask you if you would say those things about your children, or your grandchildren, your nephews or nieces or any child for that matter?
Again, anyone can say whatever the duck they want to say on this site. I'm so bleeping tired of ppl trying to do this tit right here. The whole reason some ppl come here is to get out how they feel about this disgusting family. Nobody should have to sit in a corner and pretend they are thinking these things just bc you want them to. I came here to be HONEST and like I have said before, honesty is how you feel about something, not how someone else thinks you should feel. If you don't like it, dont read it! YES!!! If my child was a heathen and a bully like this family has taught Abigail to be, I would say it!! My child has autism, just like they CLAIM Abigail does but, my child is the kindest child you could ever meet. She has manners, and thinks of others and would never bully her way thru life. Do you know why?! Because my husband and I have taught her well. Just because a child has a disability doesn't mean you let them do whatever they want to whomever they want!!!!! I will not censor myself bc you want me to. I'll be damned!! That would defeat the purpose of this thread.

o_O
Telling someone not to share their opinion......is that truly "respecting" their opinion :unsure:??
I did mean I dont share it. I should've put an "i" before "don't share it".

:eek:Oh no! If that's what you meant, I am sorry for reacting @Mother2.
✌
No problem. I respect everyone's opinion, even if I dont share it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Again, anyone can say whatever the duck they want to say on this site. I'm so bleeping tired of ppl trying to do this tit right here. The whole reason some ppl come here is to get out how they feel about this disgusting family. Nobody should have to sit in a corner and pretend they are thinking these things just bc you want them to. I came here to be HONEST and like I have said before, honesty is how you feel about something, not how someone else thinks you should feel. If you don't like it, dont read it! YES!!! If my child was a heathen and a bully like this family has taught Abigail to be, I would say it!! My child has autism, just like they CLAIM Abigail does but, my child is the kindest child you could ever meet. She has manners, and thinks of others and would never bully her way thru life. Do you know why?! Because my husband and I have taught her well. Just because a child has a disability doesn't mean you let them do whatever they want to whomever they want!!!!! I will not censor myself bc you want me to. I'll be damned!! That would defeat the purpose of this thread.

I did mean I dont share it. I should've put an "i" before "don't share it".

No problem. I respect everyone's opinion, even if I dont share it.

So post whatever the duck you want gal! Just don't expect for all to agree with you and it will be fine. No one is censoring you by stating a different opinion and their view. We are all different people here.

Take a chill pill.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

My opinion
Sorry for the long rant

I get it. I have always "lived in my head". My father was a narcissist and a n abusive sociopath. I had to quit school at 15 due to extreme panic attacks and I did not speak or leave my house for over a year. I taught myself ,with wonderful therapists over the years, to be a human. Abbie, even if she can't speak, is NOT the only person in that house that matters. But, they have taught her that she is. Whatever anyone is doing, she will physically pull you to where she wants you, yell, destroy things. She is so used to hearing Good Job that she wants praise all the time. If a child is pulling you out of your chair, not paying attention to what you are sa ying, only yelling, WHY DO THEY GO? Why do they let her behave this way?!Why don't they stay in their seats and tell her that when she can ask, you'll go! How did she go outside and get in the pool at nighttime?? Oops, somebody left the door open......So, she misbehaves. Because it's her world, her house, her couch and if you don't like it, she will jump in the pool. There is no excuse for her behavior. Priscilla said it though! "Hey, we have to live with her and, we don't need her being miserable all day so...."

• Heart
So post whatever the duck you want gal! Just don't expect for all to agree with you and it will be fine. No one is censoring you by stating a different opinion and their view. We are all different people here.

Take a chill pill.
No, I'm not talking about any different opinions at all. I'm talking about saying that I should stop saying things that I have said. Anyone can believe how they want but, I don't like it when someone pretty much says," dont say this, and don't say that", that isn't right.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.