Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's Abbie's "I'm tired of this bullshit." face.
Thank you!!! Last night I went on fb and thought, she looks like she's not even there. She could be in a closet or with her head in the dirt. Doesn't care at all and their people say how happy she looks!! Omfg!! That's happy? She looks like one of the Manson family!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That's the effects of sun damage along with weight loss and her delusional thinking.
Yes! And she still goes out and gets sunburnt all the time. She likes that look...not sure why...but it's obvious she does. No way would I ever take my skincare advice from her. No way in hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think that both made all this money bevause, they're both con men. They worked selling stuff in their ATV shop. Priscilla wants her hand in everything, PTA, decorating the school, Asa is all about making the sale. They know how to do it.

Reactions: 13
@cucumber If the question is:what could have A&P done better to help Abbie, when she was younger?

There is a lot they could have done!!!

I don’t know about the whole ABA thing. We never did ABA therapy with any of our 4 kids.. It wasn’t that I was against it but I wasn’t comfortable with my child going into a one-on-one setting, for hours a day, going through frustrations.. Back many years ago, they didn’t have home based ABA in our area and it was only offered that way..

I will say though, OT, PT and Speech should have been started when Abbie was 12-18 months old, when they first seen her not developing properly and she probably had a developmental delay diagnosis. That diagnosis would have covered her therapies, along with Asa’s medical insurance through the coast guard (or his VA benefits).

With these services, they needed to jump in and do the homework inbetween visits.. PT would help with balancing and coordination. OT would have helped with sensory issues, impulses, and even using her iPad or voice devices.. Speech would have helped with her sensory for foods, speech sounds and also using her iPad or voice devices...

At 3 years old, she would have qualified for early intervention services through their school district. If she went, they still needed to keep up her private therapies. It seems like when Abbie hit the public schools, if they had private therapies, they stopped those.. Public school doesn’t substitute what the private therapies can do... Also, when Abbie came to the shop in the afternoon, one of them, either A or P, needed to put down their shop responsibilities for the afternoon, done dinner with the kids and completed homework.. Abbie should have been going to the therapist offices in the afternoon and them working with her, one-on-one too... The room in the back of the shop, didn’t need to ever happen.. If paperwork needed to be done, like P did, close the front office at 5pm, take the kids and paperwork home, after the kids went to bed, stayed up and did it from home...

Also, your family comes first P... You can be the best person on volunteering in every group and heading each office that you want but at the end of the day, your house comes first and if it is burning down, you need to handle that first... It seems like she didn’t get taught that growing up...

From there, I could literally go on and on but gosh, just these small changes would have made Abbie be in such a better position than she is now...
Thank you! Yes that's pretty much what I was asking. I figured most of what you said but I especially like to hear it from someone who is living it or who has lived it. 😊

Reactions: 3
I think that's when the decision to put them in a group home comes up or not. My friends son has severe autism. He is 6'2 and maybe....250lbs. No joke, my friend lifts weights so that she can protect herself. He put a meat cleaver through the kitchen door. He is verbal and he couldn't find his phone so he was positive his mother lost it in a black hole. That sounds funny and I do feel so badly for him being trapped in his head but, I don't go there. He scares me. Regardless of her saying that he is gentle, he has destroyed things.
I've told folks here this a few times I think but, I'm going to tell it again bc, it goes with what your saying. I was told of a family that has a son with IDD and he gets extremely violent. He ended up breaking his mom's back and she is now paralyzed from the waist down. They had to put him in an institution bc, he was going to kill someone if they didn't. I guarantee you that the mother probably wishes she hadn't waited to put him in an institution bc, she might still be walking around today. Apparently his behavior started out similar to Abigail's and escalated to that as he got bigger. This is what I have been saying all along. Nobody should have to worry about getting injured just bc, someone else dosent mentally understand how to act. There is nothing that can justify that.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I agree. So many times P looks so bad or so extremely fat, unflattering angles....he edits, he sees it. I think it's passive aggression toward P's obesity.
Or maybe theres really no way to get a good angle of her 🙂🙂🙂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He put a meat cleaver through the kitchen door
That would be it for me.

Another thought just crossed my mind. They probably never pay for Dunkin’ due to being sent endless gift cards. I’m pretty damn sure that local healthcare would love some coffee or donuts rather than old samples. Why not donate their gifted gift cards?

and clearly Abbie wants to play in the flour. Why not create moon sand for her? It will allow her to help & be a sensory activity.
She would have to be closely supervised. She would try and eat it or the way she rubs her face, it would get in her eyes. My son loved moon sand though. We would play for hours with it. He had a lot of little plastic people and animals and we would build fantastic landscapes with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can’t keep up with these threads anymore. Just tried reading through some & I keep falling asleep! I also have zero attention span for the lengthy ones. Are you people on computers? On any particular meds? Drinking wine? How in the world?! Anyway, I think Abbie will need a support (to respite) caregiver during learning hours that is a STRONG male & taller than 5’9” to keep her in line before long.
I thought it was just me! lol

Reactions: 3
Out of sheer boredom, I've been catching up on the beginning o f Fathering Autism. I'm on #65 and, this is what has completely thrown me- The vlogs from 2017 and before, she is flat out Wild. Her chin is on her chest and she's really out of control. The vlog now is...pretty much the same but, she had facial expressions then. Have you noticed? At a restaurant, she was growling (oh god, I cant...) at her father . Her eyes were expressive and moved over your face. NOw, she is still miserable but, nothing. No expression at all. Her eyes don't move. She just stares. I wonder how doped up she is or, maybe she does understand everything and is just sick of the camera.?
When you see this face, you know some bullshit is about to happen.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
EyeSpy71,

Do you want to know what's sad? Sometimes these fans can help cost someone their life with the adulation they gave.

Last May, a well-known YouTuber by the name of Chronically Jacquie passed away after her G/J feeding tube cut off the blood supply to her intestinal tract, allowing it to die.

Jacquie suffered from Factitious Disorder: a mental condition where the person in question deliberatly creates illness, exagerates or lies about it for attention. She was the subject of a Reddit forum on IllnessFakers, and they documented her many lies.

By allowing her severe delusions to continue, they fed into her mental illness. Worse yet, many girls began to imitate her, right down to her custom pink wheelchair (which she didn't need, btw).
Really??? I followed her pretty casually (I found her after receiving my own diagnosis of POTS) and was so sad that she died. I'm going to have to look more into this because even when I was watching her I was like, holy, this poor girl really got the crappy end of the health stick. How can she have this many things wrong with her?

That's so sad to hear.

Reactions: 6
I found this on Youtube. I could not live with this. I don't know how some parents do it.

This is the Australian family I spoke about a while ago. They had to move the other children out to a new home and the mum and dad took turns to stay at the old house with him.
Just to add that this is the reality of what can happen, not some unicorn and rainbows edited crap

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
This is the Australian family I spoke about a while ago. They had to move the other children out to a new home and the mum and dad took turns to stay at the old house with him.
Just to add that this is the reality of what can happen, not some unicorn and rainbows edited crap
I would think it would have been wiser to place him in a group home or an institution? Rather than have to uproot the entire family.

Reactions: 7
Really??? I followed her pretty casually (I found her after receiving my own diagnosis of POTS) and was so sad that she died. I'm going to have to look more into this because even when I was watching her I was like, holy, this poor girl really got the crappy end of the health stick. How can she have this many things wrong with her?

That's so sad to hear.
I don't think she intended to kill herself....but she did.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

That's so sad to hear.
Sachairiah,

Many people fell for her at first, including me. I started to get suspicious when the list of ailments she had just kept growing and growing and growing. Plus all her of "toys" (medical equipment) and devices well exceeded what your average doctor saw in their most bedridden patient. Jacquie was far from bedridden.

The Reddit forum gave her the nickname "A.J" which is short for Adjustable Jacquie, because her symptoms seemed to come and go at her convenience. Sick one day. Perfectly ok when she was about to take a vacation or visit Disney near her home in Florida.

Furthermore, she and her partner in crime JanJan (another Factitious Illness case) both conveniently developed many of the same (often rare) conditions after attending the same high school together. They shared the same private doctor, nicknamed "Dr Quack Moneybags" by forums for his propensity to give her whatever she wished for the right price. This doctor who had connections at a hospital 40 minutes or so from her house.

I could go on and on - but yeah.. she tricked many people. If you watch her channel, especially if you're a medical professional, watch the lies and inconsistencies add up fast.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.