Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the other girl dumped him. And between the arrests there and the trouble he was getting in, he prob ran back to P simply because he knew she'd take him back. I also think his mother and father may have influenced him a bit. I am not crazy about P's parents, but Asa's mom and dad both seem like decent, down to earth people.
Yes!! And, every summer that would take Isaiah to their home in S.C. but, not Abbie. Just Isaish. Asas mother won't let Aba go to he house. At least someone in their lives tells them the truth! I'm so happy that every summer, Isaiah got his own time.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Yes!! And, every summer that would take Isaiah to their home in S.C. but, not Abbie. Just Isaish. Asas mother won't let Aba go to he house. At least someone in their lives tells them the truth! I'm so happy that every summer, Isaiah got his own time.
His mom does host Abbie, but of course, only with her parents. I can’t blame them because of the overwhelming care she would need to stay there, especially so far from home. I don’t think even her local grandparents watch her or have overnights, It’s just not feasible. You can bet on it, that I could never watch her for even an hour or two...it would take all the energy I had, not to mention patience.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Or they are just leaving her to rock in the sofa and listen to music. Her meltdowns happened when demands were being made on her to do a chore or interact. If they are not making those demands, she would have fewer reasons to have meltdowns. (Which is actually worse in a way.)
This is why I'm in favour of (empathetic) aba therapy. When my eldest was younger, any type of demand would throw him into a 2 hour scream fest. Couldnt take him to stores or restaurants. We were trapped in our home.

We had to acclimate him to being outside (even just outside was too much for him). Expose him to stores and public areas (esp as school began to loom closer).

I can now ask him to pick up a toy without any screaming or violent outbursts about 95% of the time. It can be easier sometimes to just do the task yourself.

Just before therapy started, but after we had the diagnosis, I asked him to put his shoes in the shoe pile. Didnt ask him to organize or anything- just put the shoes there. He could have even tossed them and I would have been happy.

What followed was a four hour scream fest. He was put in time out several times. Hell, I wished I could have had a time out, esp when he was attacking me. There was a few times I wanted to give up and do it myself. I stuck to it tho, because I knew what I was setting myself up for if I gave in.

These kinds of boundaries should have been in place since abbie was very little. Even without knowing a diagnosis, i think most parents know what their kids are capable of. I have had the added benefit of knowing ABA from a college program I did (I dont know a lot, but some basics) and that I already knew autistic people. (My brothers, my husband, and a few others).

They are in for a very hard time trying to change certain behaviours now, but it's not impossible. I just dont think that they have the ability to stick to it for any length of time. She's been using these behaviors for years. According to behavioral modification, it takes 3 months to change a habit you've had for one year. This will take YEARS to correct at this point.

I think its better late than never, tho, especially as she won't be in JSA forever. I hope they have some plan for it, because she will be "graduating" from the program before they know it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Personally, I believe they simply dont show them anymore. Possibly why we seem to see less and less of Abbie and more about just other boring stuff. I think it's all part of A&P's plan to keep Abbie 'marketable'. They show some things...just enough...to whet those crazy franzies' appetites. Autism is kind of "the cool, okay" diagnosis to have nowadays.(sorry I dont know how else to say it but yall know what I mean) IDD is not so they gotta be real careful how they manipulate their audience.
Smoke and mirrors. AssPig are frauds selling potions at side shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Probably both were meant to be short term affairs. Even though they were separated, unless they are divorced (please correct me if I am wrong), it is still adultery. I wonder how he felt he would get away with it. And why did he come crawling back.
Priscilla must have used Isaiah as a pawn. Made him feel guilty.

Reactions: 9
Probably both were meant to be short term affairs. Even though they were separated, unless they are divorced (please correct me if I am wrong), it is still adultery. I wonder how he felt he would get away with it. And why did he come crawling back.
He’s a classic narcissist and thinks he’s superior to everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Cucumber - Whenever I see messages you've written pop up, your cat avatar with its expression is who I imagine you to be on the other end: a typing cat.
Is Cucumber the cat's name IRL or is that just a username?
hi!
Cucumber is actually my real kitty's name. But the one in the picture isnt Cucumber. That's my other cat Honeydew. And I also have a Coconut! I guess you can see I like themes!

• Heart
  • Haha
I
This is why I'm in favour of (empathetic) aba therapy. When my eldest was younger, any type of demand would throw him into a 2 hour scream fest. Couldnt take him to stores or restaurants. We were trapped in our home.

We had to acclimate him to being outside (even just outside was too much for him). Expose him to stores and public areas (esp as school began to loom closer).

I can now ask him to pick up a toy without any screaming or violent outbursts about 95% of the time. It can be easier sometimes to just do the task yourself.

Just before therapy started, but after we had the diagnosis, I asked him to put his shoes in the shoe pile. Didnt ask him to organize or anything- just put the shoes there. He could have even tossed them and I would have been happy.

What followed was a four hour scream fest. He was put in time out several times. Hell, I wished I could have had a time out, esp when he was attacking me. There was a few times I wanted to give up and do it myself. I stuck to it tho, because I knew what I was setting myself up for if I gave in.

These kinds of boundaries should have been in place since abbie was very little. Even without knowing a diagnosis, i think most parents know what their kids are capable of. I have had the added benefit of knowing ABA from a college program I did (I dont know a lot, but some basics) and that I already knew autistic people. (My brothers, my husband, and a few others).

They are in for a very hard time trying to change certain behaviours now, but it's not impossible. I just dont think that they have the ability to stick to it for any length of time. She's been using these behaviors for years. According to behavioral modification, it takes 3 months to change a habit you've had for one year. This will take YEARS to correct at this point.

I think its better late than never, tho, especially as she won't be in JSA forever. I hope they have some plan for it, because she will be "graduating" from the program before they know it.
I believe she won't ever leave there. Asa said in a that their was a 30 yr old student there. Also , he always say that Abbi e is set for when they die. Have you seen him talk about how IS A will be expanding to a Living place for people with autism? I would bet money that he slipped them money so that Abbi e can sta

Maybe to walrus in heat.
which ,is Asa!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I believe she won't ever leave there. Asa said in a that their was a 30 yr old student there. Also , he always say that Abbi e is set for when they die. Have you seen him talk about how IS A will be expanding to a Living place for people with autism? I would bet money that he slipped them money so that Abbi e can sta
If he did, and I can totally imagine them "donating" so that she can stay, then at least the money they earn exploiting her is actually going towards bettering her life and future.
One thing I don't understand is them not working on behaviors the school brings up as being problematic like grabbing food from others. That would make it hard for her to be in a residential program, even one that her parents are bribing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I

which ,is Asa!
Wow, I never caught before that JSA could have people for so long. There could be a lot of benefits to that, of course, but i would assume that would disadvantage younger people wouldnt it? Early intervention is so important, and there would only be so many slots available.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't think it's just because she breaks it. I think it's because it disturbs the flow of the vlog having the mantra of "popcorn, leentils, pretzel, nature valley bar, car ride" constantly in the background. It draws attention and viewers comment on it. It makes it more obvious than her silent signs, that she is being ignored.

Everything is about the vlog, in my opinion.

A simple Google search will show many better options for heavy duty iPad protective covers:
Several options here

I think this one is good, with a really durable stand, they have strong screen protectors also.
View attachment 107548

They could also mount them to the wall, like in the kitchen for instance. It wouldn't look strange in Prissy's "precious house", many modern homes have Smart screens mounted in various rooms and hallways, to control security systems, appliances, temperature etc.

She has one mounted to the seat in the car but I don't think they even put her communication app on it, apparently it's for music only, :rolleyes: then she has to get frustrated and yell when she is trying to communicate because they can't see her signs while driving.

She can have one like those with a strap in the living room area and for outings. And a few mounted around the house. Her communication device is absolutely essential, they can afford these things, the covers and extra gadgets to mount iPads will cost less than what they spend at DD in a month.

If they can't afford extra iPads and covers, well sell those stupid electric scooters and some of the tons of expensive cameras that are sitting around collecting dust. Maybe skip one of those meaningless vacations this year.

Order your kid what she needs and "stay the 'f%*# home".
🤩🤩👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wow, I never caught before that JSA could have people for so long. There could be a lot of benefits to that, of course, but i would assume that would disadvantage younger people wouldnt it? Early intervention is so important, and there would only be so many slots available.
They said they are expanding to have an adult daycare type situation. She wouldn’t be in the same program she is in now.

Holy s*** her screaming In this one is driving me nuts ... I can’t help but think it’s for partial attention if the camera isn’t on her... not saying it’s her fault but learned behavior. She has already warped the seat in the car from some of her rocking too. Just something I noticed

Reactions: 12
Do the nurses knpoi w thia crap is from domeone who runs to the store 3 times a week, exposing herself to virus, doesn't keep her daughter clean, who helped with this useless packs, and travels all over ? She has no shame. I would bet my last dollar her phone number or some other form of ordering more are in there. Asa wrote her comment. She's not that bright.
I work at a fire/ems department and we would have thrown them away. I can’t imagine she would even get past the screeners at a hospital now.
We aren’t even accepting home made goodies like we normally do.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I work at a fire/ems department and we would have thrown them away. I can’t imagine she would even get past the screeners at a hospital now.
Thank you for your service! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was just going to say that I don't imagine the hospital would accept those nasty plastic bags full of her crap! I know I most certainly wouldn't!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Man. So much for yelling upstairs.
And we heard the tantrum when Asa and Isaiah were talking. She wanted a bath I guess.
Pushed Summer away in the car. I cant believe a carload of adults basically froze because she didnt want out. I wish someone catered to me like that!
Quarantine Spirit Week. 'Nuff said.

Sidenote: Our comments about P's make-up and LL are starting to get to him. He wants that money...but also wants to look like "Hey, its bougee, not cheap..." He's pointing that out for the leghumpers. Makes it look like they arent pushing sales, when they really are. I see you Asa. :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Man. So much for yelling upstairs.
And we heard the tantrum when Asa and Isaiah were talking. She wanted a bath I guess.
Pushed Summer away in the car. I cant believe a carload of adults basically froze because she didnt want out. I wish someone catered to me like that!
Quarantine Spirit Week. 'Nuff said.

Sidenote: Our comments about P's make-up and LL are starting to get to him. He wants that money...but also wants to look like "Hey, its bougee, not cheap..." He's pointing that out for the leghumpers. Makes it look like they arent pushing sales, when they really are. I see you Asa. :cool:
Who wants bougee hand sanitizer/moisturizer? I would think hospital workers are required to use a standard hand sanitizer.. not just some MLM product with barely enough alcohol. Also did you notice she was sending small samples.. and there sure were lots of papers in her baggie to not have any cards or contact info.. I call BS on that.

Yea.. they all seem scared of Abbie and walking on eggshells.. omg.. she is shaking her head not to get out of the car... lets huddle up and decide what course we need to take... I imagine she wanted to go somewhere to get a treat and they just drove home. I take it summer doesn't take Abbie anywhere alone?

Abbie was doing more of that violent rocking on the couch..or she always does it but it just isn't shown as much any more. That really looks strange as it isn't just rocking her head goes forward in this weird way.. thats got to be damaging..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.