Fathering Autism #136 Asa Was Stricken by Knock Me Up Chicken.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At 2 a.m. Chicago time, the MaAssives were already plotting their brunch strategy with a Facebook post.

View attachment 1604099

I wonder how Big P will like her rooftop seating on a cloudy day with 65 degrees F. Oh, of course, alcohol.
Must be nice to randomly seek a restaurant with a rooftop or river view. The rewards of exploitation.

Hey lets all record our disabled children and make them performing circus acts so we can fund our lifestyles. Don’t worry, we just have to let go of our morals.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
What does this mean? That she hates pens, pencils and crayons? Didn't she create all the art for ornaments that they said she did?

View attachment 1603333
They don't let her do it, unless it's for the video, so no wonder she hates it you moron

And here is Abbie totally absorbed in her “basket” learning. That poor child.
Assaache is always barking orders and getting her face, as well as making her do it his way. The kid is stressed, depressed and needs to be somewhere where she will be happy and treated a lot better

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
When episodes like this happen to Abbie, how long do you think it takes for her to recover and feel settled down?
Honestly?

She probably never actually feels recovered and settled, not at home.

She's either being overstimulated to provide vlog content or she's ignored. Any time an extra person is in the house (teacher, therapist, the occasional guest) Asa's loudly inserting himself in the situation. She has no way to escape being overwhelmed and no place to escape to, and without a comfortable sensory space she's left to rock incessantly on the couch or to walk around screaming.

I'm not autistic. I don't know how it feels. I can observe my kids, though, and try to empathize with how they might feel in Abbie's situation. I can consider my own anxiety disorder and imagine how I feel internally when just my anxiety overwhelms me.

At this point, Abbie almost certainly never truly feels settled. She's in a constant state of stress and discomfort. She's never given the time or the space or the tools to feel settled.

Just as a thought exercise: have you - the general you, anyone reading - ever been completely taken over with anxiety? Faced an overwhelming situation with a million moving parts that left you paralyzed as to what to do next (i.e. sudden death or serious illness of a loved one, a major disaster at work, been the victim of a crime)? Just think of how you felt in that situation. Think about the things you had to do in the wake of it, the often complicated decisions that you had to make afterwards, the crushing feeling of helplessness that ebbs and flows.
Now imagine Asa, or someone like him, in your face barking commands and moving you around and then, inexplicably, completely ignoring you when you ask for help. Imagine intermittent loud noise that you can't predict or control - maybe it's Priscilla WEEWWW HEWWWing. Imagine the people around you demanding you participate in a party while you're trying to figure out how to get to the hospital where your sick loved one is.
What would you need to feel recovered and settled in a situation like that?
What if you literally were never able to do those things, or get the help to do those things, to help you feel better?

That, I imagine, is what it's like for someone like Abbie.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I just have a few thoughts on that video where they are teaching Abbie to say "excuse me".

First off they are giving Abbie mixed signals. Telling her to try and get past them and THEN telling her to say excuse me. She can't differentiate between "pretend" and what you really want her to do.

So saying try to get past us then saying now say excuse me is just confusing the heck out of her. Do this, don't do this, do that instead!

She's just following commands, she isn't learning anything.
They should just teach her to wait/stop until someone walks by instead of pushing. The sign language method is just working for them to get vlog content.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Hey lets all record our disabled children and make them performing circus acts so we can fund our lifestyles. Don’t worry, we just have to let go of our morals.
In dark times, when looking at the ol' bank balance and stressing, when carefully budgeting for birthday or Christmas gifts,
I have thought about the fact that I could probably make money with my children on social media. They're objectively cute. They're interesting kids. Hell, I've got one with autism PLUS a rare genetic condition which would be a goldmine in the spoonie communities!!!

Damn my morals.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It is called forced compliance for a reason….
Asa always says that they never use it.
Sorry to say, this right here and the signing excuse me, was exactly the opposite.
There is absolutely no excuse either..
Abbie should never be cornered like this.
She cannot get away. She is boxed in and she knows it.
She can’t even sign “all done” because they have pinned her arms in, away from her legs. She could barely sign “break” but we all know that they would edit it and make her continue, after saying “we will get a break in a minute” or “we just started, you don’t need a break yet.”

At this point, Abbie so needs to be placed in a home, around people that will understand her and give her some type of body autonomy and respect.
They most definitely use forced compliance. As much as Asshat tries to say otherwise. That is the truth. It seems there are so many key things that Asshat clearly DOES do, but will claim that he doesn't. Or that P doesn't. He could show himself on the vlog opening the front door of the house and then look at the camera and say "I don't open the front door. That's not something I do." Asshat always preaches about treating Abbie like a human and so on. He can't or won't do that for her and he is her father. What does that tell people, Assa??

I agree 100,000% that Abbie should not be cornered, boxed in, and overwhelmed the way she is. Especially by the two people that are supposed to love and protect her the most out of anyone. It is wrong on so many levels. They are treating her like an object, like a thing, when they do this sort of thing to her.

How many hands do they need on this girl? Abbie has checked out by the look on her face. The only thinkg they are teaching her is bigger people control little people.

View attachment 1604011

View attachment 1604019
Exactly this. "We're allowed to do whatever we want with you and you have zero say in it.".... because remember, as Asshat says: "Children don't have rights!".... he tried to play that statement off as if he was being sarcastic but it is just too obvious that he actually meant it.

I just have a few thoughts on that video where they are teaching Abbie to say "excuse me".

First off they are giving Abbie mixed signals. Telling her to try and get past them and THEN telling her to say excuse me. She can't differentiate between "pretend" and what you really want her to do.

So saying try to get past us then saying now say excuse me is just confusing the heck out of her. Do this, don't do this, do that instead!

She's just following commands, she isn't learning anything.
What was possibly the most confusing for Abbie is when Asshat told the vlog that he noticed Abbie heading down the stairs to the living room so he ran ahead of her and stood at the bottom of the stairs and made her do the excuse me sign before she could go sit down.

I mean when would that happen in a real life situation, Asa? Is it a common thing for ppl to run ahead of you and purposely plant themselves in your way?? No, it isn't.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Miss Abbie will be a bridesmaid on Saturday. Golden Boy is coming down for the celebration, too. Let the fun commence!
Becca’s post from Saturday:
View attachment 1604225
Not the most flattering photo of either of them. He is dressed so scruffily , her legs are awkward and what are they doing with their hands? Fist bump gone wrong? It looks like a photo that Dickdo would take. Her dress is very cute though!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They should just teach her to wait/stop until someone walks by instead of pushing. The sign language method is just working for them to get vlog content.
Since she knows “hands waiting,” I wonder if that could be used to stop her in her tracks.

Reactions: 15
LMFAO....how does she not think others see that she is cutting an entire face off of herself. If you want to look at how you edit your pictures do something about it. Get mental health help, eat properly, and exercise

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 1.25.31 PM.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
They most definitely use forced compliance. As much as Asshat tries to say otherwise. That is the truth. He could show himself on the vlog opening the front door of the house and then look at the camera and say "I don't open the front door. That's not something I do." Asshat always preaches about treating Abbie like a human and so on. He can't or won't do that for her and he is her father. What does that tell people, Assa??
Exactly this. "We're allowed to do whatever we want with you and you have zero say in it.".... because remember, as Asshat says: "Children don't have rights!".... he tried to play that statement off

What was possibly the most confusing for Abbie is when Asshat told the vlog that he noticed Abbie heading down the stairs to the living room so he ran ahead of her and stood at the bottom of the stairs and made her do the excuse me sign before she could go sit down.

I mean when would that happen in a real life situation, Asa? Is it a common thing for ppl to run ahead of you and purposely plant themselves in your way?? No, it isn't.
Asshat run, 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
LMFAO....how does she not think others see that she is cutting an entire face off of herself. If you want to look at how you edit your pictures do something about it. Get mental health help, eat properly, and exercise

View attachment 1604564
Is this supposed to be Prissassapotomus? Well it's good for a laugh. In the thumbnail 'Really Exciting Homeschool Stuff' does Abs left hand/arm look wonky to anyone? It seems smaller than her right, right? He ain't no Cecil B DeMilles.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Happy Belated Birthday to my fellow Tattlers @Noir Fan @Lizaable90 and @Cardinal Rule!!!
I hope each of you had an awesomely amazing day!!
🥳:cool:❤

Thanks, @Whimsical. Growing up in Michigan, I recall many family birthday celebrations at Bill Knapp’s restaurants with Bing Crosby crooning the birthday song overhead. Although they closed years ago, you can still find the celebration cakes they shared with guests. Mr. Cardinal surprised me with one this year.

D8317C77-11AB-43FA-B3FB-8E65FA7D1273.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.