Fathering Autism #127 The Maassives are eating their way through the US of A!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm curious about people's thoughts on why Abbie is so focused on eating and that's it? Is it due to autism? I've always been one to think it's the way they "trained" her. This family revolves around food for their entertainment, happiness, and love. I've always wondered if Abbie's only love in life would've been food if she had;t been born into a gluttonous family like the Massives. I said it about Isaiah. It is all about portion sizes. He was eating so freaking, much living in that house. Look at Summer. Anyone that stays for more than a month ends up LARGE!
I believe it is more due to nurture rather than nature in this situation. With A&P -- especially P, EVERYTHING revolves around food and eating. P had an addiction to food, so does Asshat, but P more so. As a child, when your parents are like that, it's going to have an effect on you. Especially when food is used to celebrate, as an activity for something to do, in P's case as a way to say I love you, and in Abbie's case, used to train and reward her.
With food addicts for parents, it's not surprising that Abbie is affected by it.

The other kids with autism.. like Kaedale, the Wee girl.. and the others... I know are much higher functioning then Abbie and they seem to have curiosity/interests in the outside world..outside of food/candy.
Another difference, aside from level of functioning, is that the parents of those kids actually make the effort to cater to their childrens needs. They'll look for things their child might be interesting and try it, if it doesn't work out, try something else.

A&P don't try. They don't do anything that requires consistency and effort. They do the bare minimum that they can get away with. The most effort the put forth with Abbie is taking her somewhere to eat.

I mean, look at when she was at the grandparents (jessica and granddad), granddad got her into drumming on that laundry bucket pretty easily and Abbie appeared to be having a good time. To me, that shows that if you actually TRY, you CAN get results with Abbie.

I think that Abbie is so interested in food because, as you said, she is trained that way and she is also bored. If Abbie had toys and activities geared toward her interests and benefit, she wouldn't look to food for enjoyment and comfort.

💯💯💯💯 THIS!!

Since A&P refuse to do just about everything else, food is the one thing she knows there's a very good chance she'll get a positive response on. Eating out of boredom is a very real thing. It becomes something to do when you don't have anything else to do. I completely agree that if Abbie had a lot more toys, sensory/stimming objects, was taken out to do fun (non-food related) activities, on a regular basis, she would not be tapping A&P and asking for food so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Why the hell is 🐷 putting the laundry away while Abbie is sleeping right there? Doors wide open and they are oinking off about sight seeing and eating in Chicago while your child who struggles with sleep is SLEEPING! Foreshadowing content for upcoming Vlogs, "autism and sleep", "100 hours of no sleep, where's the coffee", "mom takes a long nap" content and click bait. Hope Abby honks at 4am and wakes those assholes up!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wonder about that too. Even a toddler will have curiosity or reactions to things or situations. Abbie has a very flat affect, almost no emotion. I have to assume like everyone else says here she is more IDD than anything. I worked with someone who adopted a child with fetal alcohol syndrome. They were verbal but had that same look Abbie has of just no emotion. She really reminds me of this. Wonder if P was a drinker back then.
Perhaps our tattler parents of ND kids can elaborate further but, from what I know, having a flat affect IS a symptom of autism. Autism doesn't only affect the ability to read or perceive the emotions of others, but also in displaying or not outwardly displaying emotions and having the same emotional reactions as a NT individual. They may not see the need or have the instinct to make a large outward emotional display/reaction to something. However, that doesn't mean they don't feel anything.

For me, I've observed Abbie go into flat affect mode either when she's tired, when she's overstimulated (and therefore can't process anything) or when she is not interested in doing what is being asked.
If she were just far too severely I.D., she would have no response to the things that she does enjoy, going out to eat, going out for cart ride, listening to music etc. It would be across the board.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
He gives us these little gifts almost daily now!!🤭😁😂😂
BigPthosecalves.jpg
BigPBIGp.jpg

Those poor shoes are hanging on for dear life!! :eek:🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Perhaps our tattler parents of ND kids can elaborate further but, from what I know, having a flat affect IS a symptom of autism. Autism doesn't only affect the ability to read or perceive the emotions of others, but also in displaying or not outwardly displaying emotions and having the same emotional reactions as a NT individual. They may not see the need or have the instinct to make a large outward emotional display/reaction to something. However, that doesn't mean they don't feel anything.

For me, I've observed Abbie go into flat affect mode either when she's tired, when she's overstimulated (and therefore can't process anything) or when she is not interested in doing what is being asked.
If she were just far too severely I.D., she would have no response to the things that she does enjoy, going out to eat, going out for cart ride, listening to music etc. It would be across the board.

Yes it is. It was noted in my sons dx report at age 2 that he had a flat affect. He just doesn't show a lot of emotion. In fact, he has rarely even cried when he was hurt. Not even when he bangs his head into the walls does he cry. There have been times where he has bloodied himself and still not a tear. As a baby, it was very hard to get him to smile, and he never belly laughed at all as an infant. No stranger anxiety either. He'd walk away with anyone. Now, he tends to stick with family members at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She's so big she needs two seats to herself.

View attachment 1383091
she is eating herself into a heart attack./stroke. I reckon it will be easy within the next 5 yrs if she keeps going at this rate. If she becomes even more unhealthy then Assface is going to have to care for her and abbie. A thrilling job no doubt. Jnr will be recruited (forced) to care for them too no dout

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
538B27EE-9876-4CE0-9A84-13BC33B22569.jpeg

I think it is hilarious that they went to Chicago to eat at a place that they could have eaten at within their own state!! 😂 When we travel, we make sure that we aren’t eating somewhere that can be gotten to within our own state (and will even double check to make sure they didn’t open up locally even).

Also, nothing against anyone that lives in Chicago. My husband drove over the road for years and the last 10 years of that time, he would spent at least 1 week a month, running to and from Chicago. The company he works for, has a “no overnight” policy within the city limits. They were to arrive the night before delivery, staying outside the city limits. Then drive in super early and try to be the first to unload. If it was an hour to sunset, and they weren’t emptied yet or it didn’t look like they would be done before nightfall, they called dispatch, the delivery was paused and they were to close up and get out of the town. If they were done dropping and waiting for another dispatch, they were to get out of town. The company only had a few tractors and trailers ever stolen but those were all stolen in Chicago and 1 driver was killed. It isn’t the best city and once the sun goes down, it can become very hot spot for crime. (His company doesn’t have this requirement for any other city in the US).

So, the Humper definitely isn’t wrong and I hope A&P will at least protect Abbie with the ounce of intelligence between them and not their ignorance..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Yes it is. It was noted in my sons dx report at age 2 that he had a flat affect. He just doesn't show a lot of emotion. In fact, he has rarely even cried when he was hurt. Not even when he bangs his head into the walls does he cry. There have been times where he has bloodied himself and still not a tear. As a baby, it was very hard to get him to smile, and he never belly laughed at all as an infant. No stranger anxiety either. He'd walk away with anyone. Now, he tends to stick with family members at least.
That sounds very much like Abbie. As well as other individuals with autism that I've either seen on youtube or know on a personal level.

This online article puts it quite well --
"Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by two core-defining features: impairments in (a) social communication and (b) restricted and repetitive behaviors or interests (American Psychiatric Association [APA], 2013). Social-communication deficits include difficulties making affective (emotional) contact with others. This includes deficits in nonverbal communicative behaviors used for social interaction which range from poorly integrated- verbal and nonverbal communication, through abnormalities in eye contact and body-language, or deficits in understanding and use of nonverbal communication, to a lack of facial expression or gestures.

Many individuals on the autism spectrum have a “flat affect” or reduced facial display. “Flat affect” is a term used to describe a lack of emotional reactivity or expressivity. With a flat affect, expressive gestures are minimal, and there is little animation in facial expression or vocal inflection. Facial expressions are a form of non-verbal communication essential to interpersonal relationships. An inability to read facial and social cues makes “connecting” to others very difficult. Likewise, reduced expressivity may impede social discourse or provoke negative initial reactions to the person with autism."

I know that we pretty much all agree that Abbie's I.D. is more prominent. But, she DOES still have autism. Even if it's less prominent than the I.D. She is of lower intelligence but she still has the ability to have likes or dislikes, to simply not be interested in something, to be bored, to be tired, or even overmedicated and as we've said here, have a flat affect. It isn't always "She's not intelligent/aware enough to know what's going on." Sure, that is true part of the time, altho to what degree - none of us can know with 100 percent certainty. But, it is not true all the time and in all things.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hate when they put sunglasses on Abbie like that for a photo. She is their mannequin they use to shapeshifter narratives and please the HUMPERS.... hands waiting. How much of Chicago did Abbie actually enjoy? Besides eating?

One thing that surprises me about Pig is how is she able to get around and see things in Chicago..with her weight like it is? I really cant imagine carrying that weight around. I know she lets Asshat deal with Abbie but still...she has to get around somehow.

Wait a minute...did Asshat say Abbie has a stye?
Look at Sandy's eyelid...
View attachment 1382733
What is going on here? Half of Sandy's face looks swollen. Where are the dogs all day while they go to Chicago? Locked up in the trailer somewhere?

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Dammit.

I can smell them already.
I wondered what that smell was. I wonder if they stayed west or east? Are there really people that come in to town to look at the stupid rubber free stamp? So happy I’m so far south. Unless they tried to stay at one of the quarries? That would be hilarious! They’d have no idea what hit them!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This woman is so morbidly obese she is a ticking time bomb. We are living in a world now where “body positivity” has taken a forefront and I’m all about loving the body you have. However, there is nothing positive, healthy or okay about how big this woman is. How are you going to vlog your weightloss journey then never speak about it again when YOU FAIL AT IT. Just pretend it doesn’t exist, you know like y’all do with Isaiah and abbies SISTER, and Moobies DAUGHTER.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sandy's eye looks like a bee sting. Do dogs get styes? I can't imagine Big P having enough energy to enjoy anything where walking is involved, although love of food probably revs her engine to get to the next eatery. When I was at my heaviest (over270) I was embarrassed to even walk out to the mailbox next to the road, but never embarrassed enough to keep me out of the grocery stores or restaurants.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Good Morning! Happy Friday. ❤ Just finished the vlog. Quesadillas with leftover ground turkey, you say? First time for everything. I hope they thanked the hun that brought it, because Pig probably didn’t know ground turkey even existed. Ground pork? Yes! Turkey? Not a chance.
I would enjoy seeing Cillerpants with a stye. As soon as she whined, I would stomp her extra toe and say…
“Awe, well…they go away quickly”. 🖕🏼
I am off to feed the big fur mammals. 🐴 Have the best day, Tattlers.🥰
1656681465796.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Parma? Shades of Ghoulardi! (Old time Clevelanders would know what I mean)
Amrap? Glad I’m far enough away I didn’t catch a stink! I really wanted them to come through to the Ledges. Imagine them near one of the alternate festivals!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
All this traveling is most definitely for the Hambeasts.
Abbie gets put in the truck and taken along. Like the dogs.
Exactly like the dogs.
She has zero awareness of where she is even if they tell her 1000 times.
Her profound ID (NOT autism) prevents her from having a clue about pretty much anything in this world. Except for food.
Of course, its not her fault but because of her profound ID and the Hambeasts doing a crappy job with her care, it's just how it is.
I think her food obsession comes from everyone - from the Hambeasts to therapists and teachers - using food as a reward with ABA therapy.
It's also possible that Abbie experienced some food deprivation at a very early age.
Abbie is known to steal food off of people's plates. She protects her own plate. This type of behavior is instinctual. It's basic human survival stuff.
Just my thoughts.
Had a feral client with severe IDD who had crappy family whod take his food plate away because he didn’t eat fast enough. He learned to steal food to survive and also to eat faster because he was afraid of it being taken away.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.