Fathering Autism #117 Abbie Will Honk Big P Will Toot Asa Will Lie for Humper Loot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here are her real nails. Chewed to hell. She can't keep anything out of her mouth,

From photos on her Cilla's FB page. I had to search but I knew there was a time she couldn't get to the salon because of the Pandemic. All of them bite their nails. The anxiety in that family is crazy. But yeah her nails are really bad.

View attachment 1085340
@CoffeeMomof2 Your insights are fascinating - so I have a question. What is it about Priscilla that she truly doesn't see how she is presenting herself. Zero shame with those nasty gnawed off fingers. If my hands looked like that I would NEVER let them be photographed, much less posted all over the internet. Same with how she dresses, how she presents herself physically. Is it that she truly is so confident in herself that she truly sees herself as this beautiful creature? Or is it delusion? Dysmorphia? Does she think that everyone is so enthralled by her that they think she's the goddess she thinks she is? Help me out here!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Okay, so let me expound on why the rabid Fathering Autism viewers, colloquially known here on Tattle as humpers or leghumpers, are the way they are. In the last thread, I briefly talked about how they’re not blind, they’re not all intellectually disabled or “slow,” how they’re simply human doing human things.

I’ve talked quite a bit in previous threads about similarities between traditional cults and the way fans of some online influencers act in a cultlike manner
(and, for newcomers, my education and my real-life job centers on studying, monitoring, and writing about the ways people are manipulated via new media - online propaganda, in short)
and while there’s a ton to say about how humpers got to this point, I haven’t talked much about why they continue humping.

As I said previously, these humpers have invested significant time and emotional energy in the Maass family. They’ve almost certainly talked or posted about them to their family, friends, and/or online social media. They comment prolifically, often under their real names & real photos. Many have invested actual money - buying merch, subbing to the Patreon, gifts to the PO Box, Slimelife purchases, etc - as part of their membership in the Maass Squad tribe. Being a fan of this family is a part of their identity.
With so much invested, they unconsciously choose to disregard information that don’t align with the imaginary construct they’ve hitched themselves to. It’s a thing the human mind does. We’re all susceptible to it, and we all do it to some degree.

It’s painful and traumatizing to have to face the truth when a portion of a person’s very concept of self is based on lies or a false reality. Trust me, I’ve done it!!

Take, for example, something like flat earthers or people who believe JFK is still alive.
From the outside looking in, we’re like - holy tit, obviously the earth is round! There are dozens of ways to easily prove that it’s round! You could physically show a flat earther the curvature of the earth from a high altitude and that should clear it up, right?
Or obviously JFK isn’t still alive. He’s not going to show up at Applebees or in Dallas or anywhere else. Surely those people camping out waiting for him to show up will see the date come and go and they’ll realize they were wrong, won’t they?

….but, nope. Doesn’t work like that.
Some folks peel off. We still get people joining Tattle who are peeling off from the Abbie hysteria after years. But not everyone - in fact, a shockingly large number of people continue believing the earth is flat or that JFK is alive even in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary and significant social pressure from both strangers and those close to them. In fact, now they’re even more certain of the firmament or that Abbie’s a typical teen who will pack her lunch and drive the golf cart to work.

They’ve got too much of their identity tied to that belief. They’ve publicly espoused these beliefs, they speak with large, enthusiastic groups of likeminded people who reinforce these beliefs, they’ve made sacrifices in the name of these beliefs.
Whether it’s the FA patreon member who shares every Facebook post the Maasses make, or the homely woman in Priscilla’s downline who’s selling plasma to pay bills because that Slimelife success is just around the corner and she’ll show all her friends who told her not to join an MLM how wrong they are, or the elderly grandma who disowned her family and sold her paid-off home to go to Dallas for JFK’s return - they’ve all made sacrifices for and tied their identity to falsifiable bullshit. Yes, even easily identifiable bullshit like Asa & Priscilla spew.

To acknowledge the bullshit is to throw away their sense of self, lose their “community” (be that flat earthers or Maass Squad or whatever) and sense of belonging, and, for many, have to face the social and emotional repercussions in their actual day to day community. They’ve wasted money, they’ve neglected other responsibilities in real life in favor of the bullshit, they’ve probably spoken about the Maasses or JFK to people they see regularly so they can’t just pretend it never happened and they’ll be socially embarrassed. In extremes, they have cast off real world friends and/or family who maybe watched some of the FA vlogs and pointed out “hey, aren’t they exploiting this kid?” or “hey, it doesn’t seem like she’ll ever be able to fix herself lunch.”
Also, it really, really bleeping sucks to fall for lies and you feel dumb for believing something so stupid, and no one wants to feel dumb ever.

So rather than acknowledge the bullshit and all the pain that would cause,
the humpers and the flat earthers and all them just disregard factual evidence to the contrary and latch further on to the bullshit. They’ve sunk way too much into it, and eventually something will prove they were right all along and their investments will be vindicated. Any day now, right? She’ll make a sandwich and bike to the park. The EAS will go off real soon. Abraham Lincoln will rise from the dead and prove that the earth is flat.
It has to happen, right?

Amusingly enough, it’s a similar story for Asa & Priscilla.
They’ve invested so bleeping much into their little empire - financially, emotionally, socially, physically - that they cannot walk away.
To paraphrase one of my favorite thinkers, they’ve gazed long into the abyss and now the abyss is gazing right back.

For the humpers, once things blow up they’ll have a relatively minor struggle, in the grand scheme of things, to come to terms with their emotional distress. It’ll pass. They’ll be fine.
But for the Maasses, for those who gaze too long into the abyss, the fallout is nuclear.

So don’t think the humpers are somehow of low IQ, or on drugs, or somehow different or less than you, or me, or anyone. They’re just as human as us. We are all susceptible to this exact phenomenon.
Nice little lesson, thank you. Gives us (me) something to think about. And without wanting to sound political, this is exactly how MAGA was and still is so strong.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Whale, the Pig one has the appropriate chunt and gunt! And the scales are right for her horrid hands with the ridiculous talons she insists on having - can you imagine the state of her etiolated natural nails underneath? Yuk!

To change the subject, I hope you are all praying for the poor Ukrainian population. It is all very scary to think we could have a European war on our hands.
I once worked with a woman who grew up in the Ukraine while it was under communist rule. Some stories from her childhood are simply gruesome. My views of war are pretty much the same as any other somewhat educated hippie, but given what the situation is I hope Russia retreats with their tail between their legs

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Oh my effing God! Those are the most revolting nails imaginable. Now I see where poor Abbie got her stubby fingers from and Hogboy. Jeez they sure do have genetic problems. I now feel sorry for the nail salon that has to apply her fake talons. Truly horrid. Yuk!
Imagine tending to her hooves 🥴 🥴 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
P. did not have any occupational success before FA. Her “celebrity“ was groomed by her MLM and despite all of her limitations, she has found extra-ordinary success in Slime. MLM’s foster cult like adoration of leaders. Her downline buys her gifts, probably spend hours upon hours in meetings, group chats, watching/moderating her lives etc. The FA fans (and her downline)buys an enormous amount of product.
MLMs marketing techniques include using your own story to relate to women. If it includes trauma all the better. First she used autism and Abbie and I think since criticism was made, she has quit doing that in its most obvious form, like having Abbie pose with Slime products. Now she just uses Asa and FA to low key promote her pyramid scheme. She relates to large moms, moms with disabled children etc. and Slime encourages that.
‘Her minions are super devoted. And none of them are making money. But they are part of a group that Coffee Mom explains so well. Same goes for FA fans. And yes we are a group too. 😀
just watched Wendy had her mutha f’ing brother killed.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I'm sorry, I know I go on about this but the Pigs are both revoltingly morbidly obese. I haven't seen anyone their size for a very long time. They are spreading a very bad message that to be that size is OK and, therefore, IMO, should be censored on that fact alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm sorry, I know I go on about this but the Pigs are both revoltingly morbidly obese. I haven't seen anyone their size for a very long time. They are spreading a very bad message that to be that size is OK and, therefore, IMO, should be censored on that fact alone.
They're in mostly total denial, other than a snarky comment here or there about being "chunky". If they were smart they would take weight loss seriously and make that some new, helpful content. If Big P can eat a 12 oz steak and potatoes after having 90% of her stomach removed, that ship has sailed!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Oh my effing God! Those are the most revolting nails imaginable. Now I see where poor Abbie got her stubby fingers from and Hogboy. Jeez they sure do have genetic problems. I now feel sorry for the nail salon that has to apply her fake talons. Truly horrid. Yuk!
Man Hands :m :m :m

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And then the real Pig....almost a year ago holding a baby, and now, chasing after Abbie. Sure hasn't come to far in almost a year.
I hate that dress on her. She looks like she’s 9 months pregnant. I’m amazed at her size the things she will wear. So unflattering.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@CoffeeMomof2 Your insights are fascinating - so I have a question. What is it about Priscilla that she truly doesn't see how she is presenting herself. Zero shame with those nasty gnawed off fingers. If my hands looked like that I would NEVER let them be photographed, much less posted all over the internet. Same with how she dresses, how she presents herself physically. Is it that she truly is so confident in herself that she truly sees herself as this beautiful creature? Or is it delusion? Dysmorphia? Does she think that everyone is so enthralled by her that they think she's the goddess she thinks she is? Help me out here!!
That's harder to pick apart, honestly, and it's delving into areas that I'm not specialized in.

Dysmorphia, maybe. It makes sense, even though it's not the commonly thought-of idea of dysmorphia. Usually people feel larger than they actually are, or less muscular, or somehow less conventionally attractive. It can go the other way into delusions that one is significantly more conventionally attractive, but is that a matter of dysmorphia or is it intense shame and denial? I don't know.

In my particular area of interest, I'd want to look at what she has to gain (pun not intended) by proclaiming herself cute and dainty and that her WLS was a success.
And under that lens I'd consider that the "character" of Priscilla Maass - the person who hawks crappy pyramid scheme makeup and owns a selfie studio and is a boss mom chef and is a long-suffering Autism Mom™ who does All The Things in front of cameras all day long - needs that to be her narrative. Her livelihood depends on it. She needs that money and that validation and that power to keep rolling in.

And one of the core tenets of media manipulation, or of manipulation in general, is that the more audacious the lie the more likely an audience is to initially accept it. If she claimed that she never dyed her hair to cover grey, an audience would be quick to brush that off because it's small and relatively meaningless and a bit socially acceptable because it's rude to discuss women and age. If she proclaims that she's #down105lbs and keeps proclaiming it, an audience already roped in to their world will be very hesitant to disbelieve. Like, there's no way she'd lie about something so obvious. No one is so blatant to just bald-faced lie about a very obvious untruth so there must be something to it. It's bad camera angles, it's loose skin from the weight loss, it's water retention, it's *insert fart noises*.

Remember, she's not trying to convince us. We don't make them any money beyond the few cents they get from us watching the vlogs.

Does she believe that she's dainty and cute?
Nope. She knows damn well. She wants to be dainty and cute. She needs to portray confidence and relatability and an enviable position.
But she knows, and she's always known. Remember when they revealed she'd had the WLS and Asa talked about how he'd have to carefully edit her huffing and puffing out of vlogs? How she didn't want to be seen in certain ways, or even that she didn't want to be in vlogs at the beginning of things?
And now, how she reacts when Asa accidentally catches her eating while filming? Her reaction is immediate shame and secrecy. She lies repeatedly about only being able to eat a couple bites even when she's on video with an overflowing plate of food. She tries to hide her body behind objects or other people, she uses filters on all her photos, she tries every flattering angle and posing trick in the book.

She knows. But it's more important to her in this moment that she can pretend otherwise, and that she can convince enough people to buy her lies so they'll buy what she's selling.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
That's harder to pick apart, honestly, and it's delving into areas that I'm not specialized in.

Dysmorphia, maybe. It makes sense, even though it's not the commonly thought-of idea of dysmorphia. Usually people feel larger than they actually are, or less muscular, or somehow less conventionally attractive. It can go the other way into delusions that one is significantly more conventionally attractive, but is that a matter of dysmorphia or is it intense shame and denial? I don't know.

In my particular area of interest, I'd want to look at what she has to gain (pun not intended) by proclaiming herself cute and dainty and that her WLS was a success.
And under that lens I'd consider that the "character" of Priscilla Maass - the person who hawks crappy pyramid scheme makeup and owns a selfie studio and is a boss mom chef and is a long-suffering Autism Mom™ who does All The Things in front of cameras all day long - needs that to be her narrative. Her livelihood depends on it. She needs that money and that validation and that power to keep rolling in.

And one of the core tenets of media manipulation, or of manipulation in general, is that the more audacious the lie the more likely an audience is to initially accept it. If she claimed that she never dyed her hair to cover grey, an audience would be quick to brush that off because it's small and relatively meaningless and a bit socially acceptable because it's rude to discuss women and age. If she proclaims that she's #down105lbs and keeps proclaiming it, an audience already roped in to their world will be very hesitant to disbelieve. Like, there's no way she'd lie about something so obvious. No one is so blatant to just bald-faced lie about a very obvious untruth so there must be something to it. It's bad camera angles, it's loose skin from the weight loss, it's water retention, it's *insert fart noises*.

Remember, she's not trying to convince us. We don't make them any money beyond the few cents they get from us watching the vlogs.

Does she believe that she's dainty and cute?
Nope. She knows damn well. She wants to be dainty and cute. She needs to portray confidence and relatability and an enviable position.
But she knows, and she's always known. Remember when they revealed she'd had the WLS and Asa talked about how he'd have to carefully edit her huffing and puffing out of vlogs? How she didn't want to be seen in certain ways, or even that she didn't want to be in vlogs at the beginning of things?
And now, how she reacts when Asa accidentally catches her eating while filming? Her reaction is immediate shame and secrecy. She lies repeatedly about only being able to eat a couple bites even when she's on video with an overflowing plate of food. She tries to hide her body behind objects or other people, she uses filters on all her photos, she tries every flattering angle and posing trick in the book.

She knows. But it's more important to her in this moment that she can pretend otherwise, and that she can convince enough people to buy her lies so they'll buy what she's selling.
Gahhhh! That is so conniving and manipulative! She doesn't seem remotely smart enough to do all that - are some people just wired to manipulate? I think Asa has enough intelligence (He's a douche canoe to the 100th degree but I do think he has a little intelligence) to mastermind this kind of thing but man, she seems SOOOOOO dumb. Is she just Asa's puppet or is she just inherently deceiving? Sorry - I don't mean to monopolize your time, but this is all fascinating to me! It must be exhausting to work so hard at NOT being your actual self. Might explain them weighing at least 300 lbs each, drinking like they do and gnawing their nails to the knuckles...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Gahhhh! That is so conniving and manipulative! She doesn't seem remotely smart enough to do all that - are some people just wired to manipulate? I think Asa has enough intelligence (He's a douche canoe to the 100th degree but I do think he has a little intelligence) to mastermind this kind of thing but man, she seems SOOOOOO dumb. Is she just Asa's puppet or is she just inherently deceiving? Sorry - I don't mean to monopolize your time, but this is all fascinating to me! It must be exhausting to work so hard at NOT being your actual self. Might explain them weighing at least 300 lbs each, drinking like they do and gnawing their nails to the knuckles...
The freaky thing is....we're all kind of wired to "manipulate." If you look at just the base meaning of manipulation, it's using social methods to affect behavior in others.
Literal babies manipulate. From a very, very, very young age they know how to rely on others to meet their needs, and how to act so that their needs are met. Even a couple months in, they're learning different ways to "manipulate" adults to feed them or change them or play with them according to the baby's own needs. It's not malicious - it's survival.

Some people are better at it than others as they age. I think there's a degree of natural "wiring" involved, but knowing how to manipulate can also be learned via their environment.
And people can and do actively seek to learn how to manipulate others. Just look at anyone in marketing.
(seriously, that wasn't a joke - advertising is just lowkey propaganda and is the #1 reason I don't own a TV)

Yeah, Asa is definitely smart enough to be this manipulative. I doubt P is smart enough on her own to engineer the whole thing, but she can certainly go along with a plan and even be manipulated herself.

If there's any joy anyone wants to take from this whole fucked up situation, Priscilla is pretty much guaranteed to be exhausted and miserable at her core because of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Here are her real nails. Chewed to hell. She can't keep anything out of her mouth,

From photos on her Cilla's FB page. I had to search but I knew there was a time she couldn't get to the salon because of the Pandemic. All of them bite their nails. The anxiety in that family is crazy. But yeah her nails are really bad.

View attachment 1085340
Oh yes. I am definitely taking skin care advice and buying skin care products from THIS person!
:rolleyes::rolleyes: 😆

Crepey skin, lines, creases, and wrinkles galore, sun damage, smoking damage, discolorations, uneven tone. You might say her skin has the texture of rough dry leather.
But but, slimelife's products are truly miraculous, y'all!! They work wonders!! They work on all of the problems I just listed!

As for her nails, that's a major MLM hun FAIL! If you're trying to sell a product and your fingernails will be showing, especially in a closeup, make damn sure they're presentable!

Fun fact, I went to look for the slimelife website and actually typed in 'slimelife' without thinking because that's what automatically comes to mind. 😆😆🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The freaky thing is....we're all kind of wired to "manipulate." If you look at just the base meaning of manipulation, it's using social methods to affect behavior in others.
Literal babies manipulate. From a very, very, very young age they know how to rely on others to meet their needs, and how to act so that their needs are met. Even a couple months in, they're learning different ways to "manipulate" adults to feed them or change them or play with them according to the baby's own needs. It's not malicious - it's survival.

Some people are better at it than others as they age. I think there's a degree of natural "wiring" involved, but knowing how to manipulate can also be learned via their environment.
And people can and do actively seek to learn how to manipulate others. Just look at anyone in marketing.
(seriously, that wasn't a joke - advertising is just lowkey propaganda and is the #1 reason I don't own a TV)

Yeah, Asa is definitely smart enough to be this manipulative. I doubt P is smart enough on her own to engineer the whole thing, but she can certainly go along with a plan and even be manipulated herself.

If there's any joy anyone wants to take from this whole fucked up situation, Priscilla is pretty much guaranteed to be exhausted and miserable at her core because of it.
I know this might be hard to believe, but in my heart, I want people to be happy, content, successful. And thinking about how difficult just existing must be for these idiots, honestly is so sad to me. But this is a situation they've created and sadly, are teaching their son that you don't actually have to work - just manipulate people into supporting you. But the saddest part is that young girl at the center of all this. Just sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I would like to explain yesterday and apologise. I have been having bad days with my depression, and I felt like if I mentioned it, then i would be taking away from others who need more support than I do and sound selfish.

I understand about wanting to be wanted, I strived for that all my life so far. It's now, I have accepted that it is okay be different and that you don't always need to be part of a large group of people. That just having a couple of good friends is nicer.

It's sad that we have all these groups, including the FA fans feeling alone. I do think there are other aspects to the cult of personality. But I am not sure how to word it, to make it make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.