Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here is tonight's vlog --

Just within the first couple of minutes, Asshat talks about removing prompts.....

😆 😆 😆 😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
NEVER.GOING.TO.HAPPEN!!
I honestly could never deal with Abbie. I just don't have the patience. Is that horrible??? Probably but it's true...and those fuckin couch cushions and pillows all over the floor constantly would drive me to the point of insanity...tell me why they couldn't fkn teach her that behavior was NOT ACCEPTABLE??? I just could not function with a life that chaotic. I require peace and quiet...literally. I need it. Thats really a fuked up life they have.

Yay, Cilldebeast posted her live of her getting ready to take their Selfishwrld VIPs to a hockey game because they are such important corporate sponsors. Becca is saddled with Sweet Girl while Cilldebeast boozes it up at the game. She looks a right mess. Her hair is so greasy up top and brittle and dry at the bottom. The make up is horrendous 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sorry that's fuking gross....I cannot sleep without washing my hair...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I honestly could never deal with Abbie. I just don't have the patience. Is that horrible??? Probably but it's true...and those fuckin couch cushions and pillows all over the floor constantly would drive me to the point of insanity...tell me why they couldn't fkn teach her that behavior was NOT ACCEPTABLE??? I just could not function with a life that chaotic. I require peace and quiet...literally. I need it. Thats really a fuked up life they have.

Sorry that's fuking gross....I cannot sleep without washing my hair...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
I honestly don't think Abbie is functioning with that chaotic kind of life and it could very well be part of why her behaviors are the way they are. We don't let our boy just throw tit everywhere because he is at home. That's not acceptable behavior anywhere. We didn't let our NT son do that either, so why let our ASD kiddo?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I randomly have couch cushions all over the floor.. why? One of my dogs is an entitled asshole that prefers the couch to be how he wants it to be. I’ll pick them up whenever they are on the floor though. It’s not to often though. My other dog will move the pillows to how he wants them, and sometimes puts them on the floor to lay on, even though we have two big dog beds right there! I couldn’t handle the noise more than anything else in that house. I’m pretty sensitive to sound

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I honestly don't think Abbie is functioning with that chaotic kind of life and it could very well be part of why her behaviors are the way they are. We don't let our boy just throw tit everywhere because he is at home. That's not acceptable behavior anywhere. We didn't let our NT son do that either, so why let our ASD kiddo?
They live on an island, it seems. Their whole world is encompassed by just themselves and their "people". The rest of the world are just observers into their lives and manners, tact, decorum and decency aren't things they are concerned with. Anyone that they come into contact with should just accept them as these amazing advocates and "celebrities". Just another example of how delusional they are

• Haha
Reactions: 34

I couldn’t deal with Abbie either…not even for 15 minutes.

• Heart
I know this probably sounds stupid, so ignore if needs be. But could some of the wild behaviour be due to the chaoticness of their lifestyle and they have no kind of schedule?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Asa, you know Abbie is upset because you're telling us about it, but it doesn't cross your mind to stop filming her? Can you even imagine feeling upset and being filmed? I think Brandi sucks for letting Asa film their sessions.
I may be in the minority here with this opinion, but I honestly do not believe Abbie has the wherewithal or the ability to 'get' or understand what is being said about her. Nor do I believe she will ever understand what being filmed means.

She may not like the camera for numerous reasons. It is just another object in her life that provides no instant gratification. It gives her no food nor does it give her rides as the golf cart does. There is really no reason for her to like it or even be bothered by its purpose. I mean no disrespect to her, but Abbie is not advanced enough to use logical thinking to understand what a camera is or does, she just isn't.

I even question whether Abbie has the ability to 'know' who Abbie is in a photo or on a vlog.
NT kids by the age of 1 know what a camera is. They have play phones/cameras as well as parents who take pics and show the child and tell them "Look at"....(insert the kid's name) I wonder how many times ASSa or Big P has ever done this for Abbie? If they had taken photos from the start, showed them to her, told her it was "Abbie" then pointed to her, touched her as they said her name, with enough repetition and follow up over the years perhaps she might have a connection to a camera. They chose not to engage with her the way parents should so we will never know. :(

As for being upset because ASSa is talking about her, I don't believe she has the capacity to understand the details about much of what is said during the vlog, let alone to know he is speaking directly about her or her behaviors, etc. She hears her name and might react like a toddler whose brain connects to certain things. In her case, she reacts to food/cart rides/couch rocking/music/Zaxbys and the rest is blah, blah, blah to her ears.
It's not her fault, it is just how she is.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that as humans we have much empathy for Abbie and her situation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I may be in the minority here with this opinion, but I honestly do not believe Abbie has the wherewithal or the ability to 'get' or understand what is being said about her. Nor do I believe she will ever understand what being filmed means.

She may not like the camera for numerous reasons. It is just another object in her life that provides no instant gratification. It gives her no food nor does it give her rides as the golf cart does. There is really no reason for her to like it or even be bothered by its purpose. I mean no disrespect to her, but Abbie is not advanced enough to use logical thinking to understand what a camera is or does, she just isn't.

I even question whether Abbie has the ability to 'know' who Abbie is in a photo or on a vlog.
NT kids by the age of 1 know what a camera is. They have play phones/cameras as well as parents who take pics and show the child and tell them "Look at"....(insert the kid's name) I wonder how many times ASSa or Big P has ever done this for Abbie? If they had taken photos from the start, showed them to her, told her it was "Abbie" then pointed to her, touched her as they said her name, with enough repetition and follow up over the years perhaps she might have a connection to a camera. They chose not to engage with her the way parents should so we will never know. :(

As for being upset because ASSa is talking about her, I don't believe she has the capacity to understand the details about much of what is said during the vlog, let alone to know he is speaking directly about her or her behaviors, etc. She hears her name and might react like a toddler whose brain connects to certain things. In her case, she reacts to food/cart rides/couch rocking/music/Zaxbys and the rest is blah, blah, blah to her ears.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that as humans we have much empathy for Abbie and her situation.
I agree that Abbie more than likely does not understand each and every word, however, I do think she has the wherewithal to pick up on the fact that they're speaking about her. I think she may get agitated because she wonders if they're going to put demands on her, if they're going to have her play the performing monkey, or if they're suddenly going to get up in her face squealing (P and Summer) and engaging in a lot of intense energy kind of contact. If she has the capability of understanding things like "Let's go for a cart ride" or "Let's go get a donut" - she responds lightning quick when she hears those - it stands to reason she has the capability to understand other things. Other times, I think it's possible she doesn't react because she's just so used to it by now. I don't think she is totally oblivious and mindless (I know you didn't use those terms, I'm speaking in the general sense). I think she understands more than it appears - as unpopular as THAT opinion may be. Again, I'll clarify that I am not saying I think she is secretly of average or above average intelligence.

No, I don't think she understands what vlogging or being on youtube is. I don't think she has any idea that thousands of people are watching her (and the antics of her idiot "parents"). But I do think she associates the camera with being asked to perform. I strongly suspect that Asshat (and P) act differently on camera vs off and Abbie picks up on that difference. She notices it happens when Asshat is carrying around his over-priced DSLR camera on that over-sized gimbal. I think she also notices the times where she's really upset or struggling with something and Asshat is paying more attention to the camera and making her perform vs taking the time to help her or just BE there for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why is Cilldebeast lying? A few days ago Asshat said the pool was 60 degrees and the current temperature in Jacksonville is 75 degrees. Unless they have a heater, which I doubt, it is impossible for the pool to be 80 degress. What is wrong with that lying bint?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Guyth, I'm tho exthited that Thilla posthted her live. Pleathe enjoy all the cringey goodneth 😂 😂 😂

I wonder where her apple watch is. Maybe the band couldn’t stretch anymore and it went flying like Abbies ipad out the car window😂

Whale.
Tonight's vlog was the biggest form of fake fukery that I've seen since Percillerpotamus's live today.
Assa just needs to come on out of the closet. I've said this before. There are no straight men in the universe who say 'super kute'... none.
He actually forgot to talk with his masculine voice at the very end.
I laughed.
Come on out Assa.
Or when he says “ooh, fancy”😂

The narrative they are painting is shameful. If she really did the whole breakfast scenario, why didn’t they film it…why…because it never happened. I don’t believe Abbie understands any task or prompt she is given - never mind the why (like why do clothes get washed). She is looking more vacant than ever…hunchbacked, potbellied (I’m sorry, that’s what I see), close to overweight for her age and height, hair disheveled, etc. Maybe the meds are too heavy for her? Of course, I don’t know. I just see a sadder version of Abbie every week.
Why not have security cameras in the kitchen so they can “catch” Abbie having these miraculous break throughs. Wouldn’t have to carry a camera around since she is nice enough to let her parents sleep while she gets up,takes her shower,put on makeup and do her hair followed by making her breakfast and then making it to her car so she can drive herself to school without being late. 😒

Last edited:
  • Haha
I know this probably sounds stupid, so ignore if needs be. But could some of the wild behaviour be due to the chaoticness of their lifestyle and they have no kind of schedule?
Not stupid at all. 100% accurate.

Most everyone needs some sort of routine, some sort of consistency. That's a human trait. A life of pure chaos for even the most neurotypical person in the world would result in psychological trauma. I mean, hell, just look at the last two years, at how the sudden chaos, uncertainty, and drastic changes in routine pretty much everyone on the planet has experienced! How have you, as a presumably neurotypical person, felt in response to the chaos of the pandemic? (that's rhetorical, you don't need to answer that if you don't want to)

People with autism almost always need more consistency than a NT person. Schedules are important, routines are important - because, in very simplified terms, for many autistic kids it's much harder to make sense of how the world around them works. It's very scary when you don't understand your environment, when you have little to no control over it. Routines/schedules help make things make more sense. It's very comforting to know what's happening now and what will happen next.

You've got a morning routine, right? You get up, get dressed, wash up & get ready for the day, eat breakfast, and go to work for example.
How do you feel when you accidentally oversleep? When you cannot do your morning routine, and instead you throw clothes on, throw your hair in a ponytail, and run out the door with your toothbrush in your mouth? Panicky, out of control, frustrated, nervous, upset.
Without a routine, a schedule of some sort, Abbie most likely feels exactly like that every single day, all the time.

If you felt like that all the time, would it affect your behavior?

• Heart
Reactions: 31

10000% agree with you. She has no idea that the camera records her, then is uploaded to YouTube. She doesn’t comprehend YouTube. Sure she uses it to watch her music. But I’d put money on it that she recognizes the app symbol, has no idea what YouTube really is. I also agree that she has no idea what asshole is talking about. And while I’m at it, she has no clue what tik tok is either, or Facebook. I’m not one of the people with the common thought here that Abby is smarter than she shows and she knows what’s happening. I don’t think she does..

• Heart
Hey guys I’m new!
quick question .. how do you create a new thread?
Now what I want to say... Asa is checking replies on YouTube before they post.. doesn’t he? Cause I just posted this and it didn’t even make it on for a second.
poor Abbie...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
If she has the capability of understanding things like "Let's go for a cart ride" or "Let's go get a donut" - she responds lightning quick when she hears those - it stands to reason she has the capability to understand other things.
I sometimes think about the time we saw, on camera, that Abbie does have a certain level of understanding beyond what many give her credit for.

She and Asa were leaving the house (maybe to school?) and Asa was ahead of her, walking backwards & recording her coming out of the door. She started to follow him across the patio, leaving the door to the house open.
Asa said, offhandedly, "Abbie, get the door."
She turned around, walked the couple steps back, and closed the door to the house. She then turned back around and followed Asa across the patio. No jumpcuts, no clever editing, just a quick 30 second interaction.

Get the door.

It wasn't "Stop. Turn around. Go shut the door."
It was "get the door."
She understood enough to differentiate get the door from get your shoes.

It seems obvious to us, right? "Get the door," in colloquial English, means to take charge of opening or closing a door - if your hands are full as you approach your house and you tell your partner to get the door, they understand it means to step ahead and open the door rather than to close a door, or to go retrieve the door itself.
And that's actually, in terms of receptive language, fairly advanced understanding. I don't mean college level understanding, of course, but it's something you could say to a neurotypical 5 year old and they might be a little confused at the request.

I don't think she has the ability to understand what Youtube is, or that she's being recorded & displayed to tens of thousands+, but she has enough receptive language to understand and respond to significantly more than an infant would.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Why is Cilldebeast lying? A few days ago Asshat said the pool was 60 degrees and the current temperature in Jacksonville is 75 degrees. Unless they have a heater, which I doubt, it is impossible for the pool to be 80 degress. What is wrong with that lying bint?

She may be bragging about a pool, and warmth, and a golden retriever… I too have all of that except it’s dead of winter. But yet, I have something better than all of that…I have an actual ankle! You can tell a difference between my feet and my leg. Her foot is sooo swollen and her leg is like a damn tree trunk. She needs to start moving more often.. oh and that pool looks filthy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I sometimes think about the time we saw, on camera, that Abbie does have a certain level of understanding beyond what many give her credit for.

She and Asa were leaving the house (maybe to school?) and Asa was ahead of her, walking backwards & recording her coming out of the door. She started to follow him across the patio, leaving the door to the house open.
She turned around, walked the couple steps back, and closed the door to the house. She then turned back around and followed Asa across the patio. No jumpcuts, no clever editing, just a quick 30 second interaction.

Get the door.

It was "get the door."

It seems obvious to us, right? "Get the door," in colloquial English, means to take charge of opening or closing a door - if your hands are full as you approach your house and you tell your partner to get the door, they understand it means to step ahead and open the door rather than to close a door, or to go retrieve the door itself.
And that's actually, in terms of receptive language, fairly advanced understanding. I don't mean college level understanding, of course, but it's something you could say to a neurotypical 5 year old and they might be a little confused at the request.

I don't think she has the ability to understand what Youtube is, or that she's being recorded & displayed to tens of thousands+, but she has enough receptive language to understand and respond to significantly more than an infant would.
I've seen a few interactions like what you are describing..."get the door","turn the light on"....etc. I also wonder her understanding. One theory is these short phrases like this have been said over and over all her life and over time she knows what the short phrase means. I can tell my dog "get your ball", " go get your baby..ie his stuffed toy"... and he will do it. I wonder if this is similar?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree. It is rude. I did notice she was the only one with her phone out. She strives to be the center of attention. I also think that phone is a crutch for her. It is all about distraction and avoidance. Same reason she sat there tearing up that tortilla. She fidgets. She has an unhealthy relationship with food and when she is outside of her little “She-Pantry” lair she is extremely uncomfortable. I bet it is an absolute tit show to watch in person. I have a serious case of FOMO. I wanna see! 🐷

I speculate Summer and Kylie (though not present as this gathering) have plenty in common with Lurch and Angry Elf….if ya catch my drift. 😜

Thats exactly what I thought.
Caught your drift Meow!

Get the door.

It was "get the door."

She understands "chores" and "laundry" 'cuz she shakes her head "no" whenever he asks her if she wants to do it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
She may be bragging about a pool, and warmth, and a golden retriever… I too have all of that except it’s dead of winter. But yet, I have something better than all of that…I have an actual ankle! You can tell a difference between my feet and my leg. Her foot is sooo swollen and her leg is like a damn tree trunk. She needs to start moving more often.. oh and that pool looks filthy
Looks like her legs are swelling due to lymphedema, I could be wrong. Since her knees and ankles are basically taking most of the weight.

Most everyone needs some sort of routine, some sort of consistency. That's a human trait. A life of pure chaos for even the most neurotypical person in the world would result in psychological trauma. I mean, hell, just look at the last two years, at how the sudden chaos, uncertainty, and drastic changes in routine pretty much everyone on the planet has experienced! How have you, as a presumably neurotypical person, felt in response to the chaos of the pandemic? (that's rhetorical, you don't need to answer that if you don't want to)

People with autism almost always need more consistency than a NT person. Schedules are important, routines are important - because, in very simplified terms, for many autistic kids it's much harder to make sense of how the world around them works. It's very scary when you don't understand your environment, when you have little to no control over it. Routines/schedules help make things make more sense. It's very comforting to know what's happening now and what will happen next.

You've got a morning routine, right? You get up, get dressed, wash up & get ready for the day, eat breakfast, and go to work for example.
How do you feel when you accidentally oversleep? When you cannot do your morning routine, and instead you throw clothes on, throw your hair in a ponytail, and run out the door with your toothbrush in your mouth? Panicky, out of control, frustrated, nervous, upset.
Without a routine, a schedule of some sort, Abbie most likely feels exactly like that every single day, all the time.

I need a routine too, even though I am neurotypical, though mental illnesses run in my family I'm not sure. But I do like structure, and not having to have a panic attack or blacking out.

I feel so bad for Abbie, I could not live in that house. I had friends who had no schedule or any kind of routine, and we would be going from one place to another with me driving (Driving is panic inducing for me) all day into the early morning. So I can kind of relate to Abbie's situation.

Sorry if I sounded dumb here, or over shared.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

But…but….she “thrives” in chaos according the FA Buddah

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.