Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not only that she can't do things for herself but she also just has no motivation to critically think or do much of anything for herself. She does not step over the baby gate to leave her room ....I've seen dogs and toddlers climb over baby gates and she doesn't even try. I wonder if the regression is partly due to brain damage from rocking like shaken baby syndrome.
I have often wondered that myself. Her violent rocking back and forth cannot be helping at all. What is so sad is they will never get it checked out.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's not only that she can't do things for herself but she also just has no motivation to critically think or do much of anything for herself. She does not step over the baby gate to leave her room ....I've seen dogs and toddlers climb over baby gates and she doesn't even try. I wonder if the regression is partly due to brain damage from rocking like shaken baby syndrome.
I was looking online for IQ's of a dog. I read that the dog's IQ is about 100 or the average of a two year old. The two year old average IQ is 85-100. I believe Abbie's is much lower. And yes they have said that they lock the gate so she can't push it open but she has never thought to just walk over it. I can't see her holding any kind of a job.

I'm sure they would just say "Typical teenager, too lazy to step over the gate".
Yes because every typical teen has a baby gate in front of their bedroom to keep them in.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I couldn't agree more. I would love to see her actually problem solving. Like taking a kitchen stool and climbing on it to open the pantry door. She just plain hasn't got the intellectual capacity to do it. She cant work the TV zapper - she has no natural curiosity. Even toddlers can grasp these things. I really cant see her learning more than she has already. The complete and utter delusion that she could do a job is ridiculous. She does zero spontaneously bar grabbing food and taking her shoes off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I couldn't agree more. I would love to see her actually problem solving. Like taking a kitchen stool and climbing on it to open the pantry door. She just plain hasn't got the intellectual capacity to do it. She cant work the TV zapper - she has no natural curiosity. Even toddlers can grasp these things. I really cant see her learning more than she has already. The complete and utter delusion that she could do a job is ridiculous. She does zero spontaneously bar grabbing food and taking her shoes off.
I agree. I made mini pizza’s this afternoon with my 3 year old twins and they were able to follow directions on how to build their pizza. I did not have to work hand over hand at all with them. She definitely would not be able to do that at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I couldn't watch it all, but here are some highlights 😁

About 2 minutes, after he homeschools Abbie on how to properly put silverware in the dishwasher, ASSa startled Big P...it was hilarious!
StartledBigP.jpg

ASSa doing his best Gyroid arm-waving moment.
The Oinkoid Gyroid actually OINKS!! 🐷 I recently discovered it on Animal Crossing!!! :ROFLMAO:😂😂
oinkoidASSa.jpg

Can you feel the love...

Screenshot (311).png
Screenshot (313).png
Screenshot (314).png
Screenshot (315).png

They are beyond delusional at this point. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

itsalluptousnow.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Good point. Does seem odd she doesn’t realize she can climb over that gate.
Not odd to me at all. My kiddo doesn't seem to realize he can go under (by sliding on the floor) our kitchen gate. He sees a barrier, and that seems end it there.

• Sad
Not odd to me at all. My kiddo doesn't seem to realize he can go under (by sliding on the floor) our kitchen gate. He sees a barrier, and that seems end it there.
I think it depends on the kid. Mine climbed out of her crib at 18 months and used a step stool for things she couldn't reach. I'm not an autism expert but I don't understand why all Abby's behaviors and differences are attributed to nonverbal autism with no mention of the ID. There are individuals with nonverbal autism that attend college and write books. That is not Abby and never will be.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
My boy cannot work a tv remote either but he can problem solve anything if he is motivated. For instance, he will climb on things to reach the crown molding at the top of the ceiling. He will try various keys in an attempt to get to the kitchen when the gate is locked. It's not about just general curiosity about things, it HAS to be something that is motivating to them. My kid couldn't care less about learning to work a remote because tv has no meaning to him. He doesn't get much pleasure from watching shows. However, learning to turn on his computer and work his mouse was highly rewarding because he LOVES Youtube. It has to be something that has meaning to them. Making a pizza, while it can be a nice therapeutic activity (all the different textures, playing with the dough, etc) would not be very rewarding for him because pizza is not a fave food of his.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think it depends on the kid. Mine climbed out of her crib at 18 months and used a step stool for things she couldn't reach. I'm not an autism expert but I don't understand why all Abby's behaviors and differences are attributed to nonverbal autism with no mention of the ID. There are individuals with nonverbal autism that attend college and write books. That is not Abby and never will be.
Completely depends on the kid! :) My firstborn is a very obedient child. She was told at 2 that she wasn't allowed to go over the gate and come out of her room at night. She never even tried. My second born however.....over the crib rail at 16 months, over the baby gate immediately after. We had to buy a metal storm door to temporarily replace his bedroom door so we could at least hear him but not worry about him falling down our wooden stairs at night (they had a tall gate too because our oldest was a sleepwalker, but he'd try to climb over it.) I was SO glad to get out of the toddler phase. I was a nervous wreck.

• Heart
  • Wow
Good point. Does seem odd she doesn’t realize she can climb over that gate.
But just the other day they said Abby figured how to open the gate and she got out and was wandering around downstairs by herself. Big P couldn’t be bothered to go see what was going on, but she heard her moving around. Why have a gate when she can figure out how to get out of it

• Heart
  • Wow
But just the other day they said Abby figured how to open the gate and she got out and was wandering around downstairs by herself. Big P couldn’t be bothered to go see what was going on, but she heard her moving around. Why have a gate when she can figure out how to get out of it
I think he said they forgot to latch it but who knows he's a liar.

Reactions: 19
I have often wondered that myself. Her violent rocking back and forth cannot be helping at all. What is so sad is they will never get it checked out.
I have said that from day one....not only is it screwing up her spine, but her brain must be relocated in her skull by now. Would you shake a little two year old like that? She must get headaches often.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My boy cannot work a tv remote either but he can problem solve anything if he is motivated. For instance, he will climb on things to reach the crown molding at the top of the ceiling. He will try various keys in an attempt to get to the kitchen when the gate is locked. It's not about just general curiosity about things, it HAS to be something that is motivating to them. My kid couldn't care less about learning to work a remote because tv has no meaning to him. He doesn't get much pleasure from watching shows. However, learning to turn on his computer and work his mouse was highly rewarding because he LOVES Youtube. It has to be something that has meaning to them. Making a pizza, while it can be a nice therapeutic activity (all the different textures, playing with the dough, etc) would not be very rewarding for him because pizza is not a fave food of his.
I see what you are saying. However Abbies major motivation, sadly, is food so if she had the mental capability I would expect her to try and work out how she can access it. But she doesnt. Those fridge locks are easy to undo and she watches them all the time undoing them but, from, what we see, never even fiddles with them.

• Heart
Can we talk just basic daily hygiene for sec before Abigail Lorraine takes off for third shift? It is not her fault. Her Mama Shehog has the same habits…but y’all…EEEW! 🤢Yuck. 🤢 And this is all observed from inside the home…not in a work setting.
Her fingers are inside her nose more often than they are wrapped around some clean-ish silverware. Her fingers and nails most of time look terrible. Stained almost. The constant rocking. The feral hair. The obvious Traction Alopecia as a result. You cannot tell me hair is not flying everywhere when she really gets to going. She won’t keep shoes on. Her feet are filthy. She often is touching her dirty ass feet. On the very slim chance she is really taking herself to the bathroom, are we supposed to believe she is wiping herself to satisfaction, pulling her pants up and washing her hands before exiting the bathroom? Speaking of, when is the last time we saw her wash her hands? Yet, we are supposed to believe she will be employable? In any function or fashion. LMAO! 😳 Sorry, not sorry…I don’t want Abbie or anyone with current habits such as hers working in an environment where I may purchase a flat of Zinnias or Pansies, and get a booger and a possible tit smear for free. It is gross. It is a big fat load of bovine excrement, and I am willing to bet the farm they know it. They are useless, sweaty, stinky piles and mounds and mounds and mounds…of useless flesh.🤢
"Here's your tray of pansies, and some turd curd".

• Haha
  • Sick
Why doesn’t he read one of his marketing books that tells him to hire some young attractive people to come do their Instagram reels for that place. Nobody in your demographic wants to come to that place based on two Fattys on Instagram rolling around in a ball pit and cramming a football helmet on their fat noggin? That is not how you sell your space… Clearly
Thank you for my new user name😂😂😂 Ive been around here a while and got logged out somehow and couldn’t recall my login info so I’ve just been reading… until this glorious comment. I just had too😂😂😂😂😂😂 🐷 🐷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Ass: What kind of job do you see Abbie having?
Abbie: EH EHH EHHH EHHHHHHHH EHHHHH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HONK.

1644784612380.png
1644784697640.png

• Haha
  • Heart
I see what you are saying. However Abbies major motivation, sadly, is food so if she had the mental capability I would expect her to try and work out how she can access it. But she doesnt. Those fridge locks are easy to undo and she watches them all the time undoing them but, from, what we see, never even fiddles with them.
That would be a different set of skills all together. That requires fine motor skills, which we know that she has difficulty with. Those locks are easy for us to do as well, but my boy also could not unlatch those. It requires him to both push the button to release the locking part, and pulling it off at the same time to completely open it. He just doesn't have that kind of coordination of fine motor skills. So, while he can rip off crown molding from the ceiling with little problems, he cannot unlatch one of those fridge locks. He always needed one of us to do it.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.