Fathering Autism #10 $omeone $ponsor us and help us stay ri¢h!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A stick of butter an American thing? Don't think so. Baking is the only thing I have use a stick of butter for... and that's the same all over. Think its just a I-cant-cook dump crockpot things... I would be sick if I ate something that was just a pack if fake gravy, pack of ranch dressing mix, and a stick of butter... sodium alone would kill ya

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
A stick of butter an American thing? Don't think so. Baking is the only thing I have use a stick of butter for... and that's the same all over. Think its just a I-cant-cook dump crockpot things... I would be sick if I ate something that was just a pack if fake gravy, pack of ranch dressing mix, and a stick of butter... sodium alone would kill ya
Yea she barely makes anything from scratch... I nearly fell over when she took out the fake gravy. Lol. Ok chef.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have a thought about Abbie protecting her food while she eats... I wonder if she developed that habit at school? If she has to protect her food from other students (while also at the same time trying to swipe some of their stuff), and she just carries over that habit at home?
:unsure: hmmm, could be both. At home they take away her plate when she's eating too fast (shown in old vlogs), my guess is it came from there.

I do wonder how she interacts with the other children at her school. I wonder what she does if another child is having a meltdown near her? How would she behave if a child tried to steal food from her? What do they do when Abbie is having one of her violent, stomping, flailing meltdowns? What do they do at school when she steals food, she has no self-control so obviously she would treat lunchtime like a free-for-all buffet unless they have strict measures in place for her?
Curious

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s so disturbing to see the way they handle the corona situation right now. They continue to live their life like usual. Though we here are locked inside our homes. Everything’s closed. Hospitals are full. They are so ignorant. Don’t care about anyone else. I don’t wish the virus on anyone but I hope karma gets to them.
karma will get them you'll see.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I read here daily but this is my first time commenting. I’m a 23 year old first time mom and my 20 month old son was just diagnosed with Autism last week. I’ve been watching the vlogs since the old house though.

I just watched an old vlog from when he talked about the lawsuit against the school system.. he seems so different back then!! Had a much kinder, more calm demeanor. P is still about the same 🙄. Also watched a video he did with Abbie showing some sign language.. again he seemed more positive. Despite the baby talk, he did well overall with her. Now it’s more just barking orders.

I get that people don’t stay the same and people grow and change.. but they (A and P) are missing the growth part. They’ve just changed, and not for the better, as you all have mentioned here.

I still like some aspects of their vlogs and I found you guys after the *gasp* scandal! 😂😂

I just notice Asa was so much more laid back.. these days he seems very on edge and snappy.. even when he’s not being snappy? It’s just an undertone in (or of?) his voice.

I’m just getting my son set up with ABA and Occupational therapy.. I guess from reading here and watching their videos I know what NOT to do! Lol
Hey are you on Facebook at all? There’s a huge page called ‘Autism Inclusivity’ which helps parents just like you! x (Also read work by autistic writers, such as notanautismmom.com (I think it’s called) and NeuroClastic

Reactions: 9
think this was posted but forgot to quote it.....

These ppl are so out of touch with reality. Most teachers don’t make a salary to afford a half million dollar home, furnished with a pool. Why can’t the fans see this.....

Oh because it was a joke.....
There's just so many things wrong with this picture. I can't, I just can't...🤦

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
:unsure: hmmm, could be both. At home they take away her plate when she's eating too fast (shown in old vlogs), my guess is it came from there.

I do wonder how she interacts with the other children at her school. I wonder what she does if another child is having a meltdown near her? How would she behave if a child tried to steal food from her? What do they do when Abbie is having one of her violent, stomping, flailing meltdowns? What do they do at school when she steals food, she has no self-control so obviously she would treat lunchtime like a free-for-all buffet unless they have strict measures in place for her?
Curious
I think it is a mix of both. At home, Abbie knows that they'll make her slow down when she's eating, which she doesn't like even tho it's for her own good, and the rest of the time they tell her no when she asks for food so she just goes for it when she sees food to get some before they can stop her.
It would be interesting to know how she responds if another student is having a meltdown or is in her face. I think it depends on her mood. From what I've seen of her with people other than the immediate family (I do not want to say'the maass squad' lol)... she either tries to move away and avoid, or she acts as if they aren't there and just does what she wants to do. I remember in one video of her at summer camp, she went over to the swings, which were already being used by other campers and she grabbed a swing and tried to get on the swing, the camper who was using it actually pushed her away (they didn't like, shove her hard, but enough to let her know 'don't do that').. she didn't seem too phased by it and just carried on walking somewhere else. I would also be interested to know what JSA's protocols are for handling students having meltdowns. When Abbie is having a meltdown or tantrum, do they move her to a quiet corner of the room? Do they take her out in the hall?
Abbie stealing food at school is definitely an issue because her teachers have been on video on at least two separate occasions telling A&P they need to work with Abbie about grabbing food that isn't hers. I'm not sure how they handle it at school when it's happening. I would imagine they try to stop her and tell her no. Maybe they have other measures in place.

She's pretty damn fat when was her surgery?
Go back to over 1 year ago and look at a couple of videos. She was absolutely HUGE. Then she had the surgery and lost a good amount. But now shes piling it back on.

• Sad
Just a thought. Can't Assa comb his hair when he comes down from bed in the morning? He also looks like he needs a shower.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I think this was posted but forgot to quote it.....

These ppl are so out of touch with reality. Most teachers don’t make a salary to afford a half million dollar home, furnished with a pool. Why can’t the fans see this.....

Oh because it was a joke.....

That 🤬 Asa with his 🤬 remarks!! Ugh, a JOKE!

Yeah joke about all the hard working teachers who bust their butts everyday so that kids like Isaiah can have an education and Abbie can have .... let's be honest- so Abbie can be out of the house for a while and give you guys a 7 hour Dunkin break!
What's next Asa 🤬, you gonna make a "joke" about all the doctors, nurses, medical employees and emergency workers that are risking their lives (and their families) being exposed to this virus in order to help keep others healthy!!

This 🤬 has got to STOP!! Why are people supporting these loons!?! Someone said that he was different in the old vlogs! Ha! I think it was just easier to hide his true colors then. Since the daily vlogs, the love-fest comments and the money rolling in, he just decided to stop holding back! In my opinion, his ego has grown now since the boo hoo scandal video came out and people were showering them with support and encouragement and their subscribers have gone up to half a million.....oh the ego maniac has transformed into an ego monster ......but, your time will come, and we will all be here when the kool-aid spills and all that's left to drink is tea. Joke on that 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have a thought about Abbie protecting her food while she eats... I wonder if she developed that habit at school? If she has to protect her food from other students (while also at the same time trying to swipe some of their stuff), and she just carries over that habit at home?
I can see that. Food is an obsession with 90% of the folks I work with. We have fast eaters, swipers, hoarders. Almost all want to be in cooking class and choose going out to eat for community outings. IDK... medication, oral fixation, obsessive complusive disorder...IDK

Reactions: 13
No but she does place her second arm protectively around her plate and will hunch over the plate, protecting it, thinking someone is going to take it away.. I have seen those looks when A or I had taken her plate away too... I wouldn’t be surprised for the day that she attacks one of them, for removing her plate, to stop her from eating so quickly... She is very feral acting, when she is eating, which happens when little or no formal training and support happens to kids that have eating disorders like this..
That type of guarding the food behaviour is very reminiscent of survival of the fittest (quickest) ie if you don’t wolf down your food, it will be taken off you, by bigger kids, usually when food is in short supply.
She clearly has no clue what"healthy" means nor how to change her lifestyle. Someone posted an old video of her saying that they have no junk food in their house, yeaaaah right, she was about 500lbs at the time and all of them were "chunky" - still are.

Okay Prisilly, here's a new money making scheme for you ;). How about kicking the TikTok and HobbyLobby haul channel to the curb and do a weight loss journey program!! Have a sit down and admit to yourself that you need to get fit and are failing because you don't know what you're doing. Hire a personal trainer and spend a few YT bucks and buy some exercise equipment. Be legitimate, learn what healthy eating is, get on a treadmill or something (we all know that those little vlog walks won't be happening in the heat), work with the trainer, you can afford it. Asa will try and discourage it because he's a narcissist ego maniac that will feel inferior if you start to look better than him, tell him to shove it! You could make videos to document everything and your cult fans would eat it up!

Let's face it Prisilly, isn't what you really really want; attention, emotional support and admiration from your "fans".......oh and money money money 🤑 of course. You can have all of that without making a fool of yourself and your son on social media and do yourself a great service by getting fit at the same time.
#freecontentideas
#embarrassmentneedsnowords
#getyourgastricsleevelife
#nomoretiktok
#havesomedignity
My knowledge of WL surgery is that all the stuff P has is NOT recomended, especially alcohol, artificial sweetners, all the crap they have in their coffees. I have noticed in recent videos that she can hardly walk. Flip flops, flat unsupported shoes lead to arch of the foot flattening, ankle turning in/out, severe knee damage, and really painful back/ hip pain. When she tried to beat the fountain jets in Atlanta, all I could see was the dancing hippos from Disney’s Fantasia, tiny, tiny feet on large legs.P is looking iron/ B12 deficient and the tiredness in her eyes, just makes me want to shout to her, eat real food, instead of take outs! Ab was eating apple slices and carrots a short time ago, and has anybody checked Ab’s teeth for new molars/ wisdom teeth that might be causing pain?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Abbie stealing food at school is definitely an issue because her teachers have been on video on at least two separate occasions telling A&P they need to work with Abbie about grabbing food that isn't hers. I'm not sure how they handle it at school when it's happening. I would imagine they try to stop her and tell her no.
It's a frustrating experience. Usually the person who's food got stolen is in tears or really angry. Not speaking for Abbie's teachers but there is not much you can do other than keep tabs on the swipers and call their home. (And give the crying/angry person some of your lunch🤫)

• Sad
Reactions: 11
How much was the weight loss surgery? $25K out of pocket - or is it less? Anyway, why would she wreck those results? I haven’t heard any mention lately about how much less her portions are. And isn’t this going on her first anniversary of the surgery? Haven’t heard yet what her total weight loss is. I know how hard it is for me every damn day to not sabotage my loss, even though I didn’t have the surgery. You would think someone would help her be on track. I read the comments on how great she looks. Is it me, or does she not look as wonderful as they say. I’m sorry about being petty, but I know how rough temptation is to go through, but honesty is key.
She's clearly not keeping to a healthy diet and she's stretching her stomach by her ever increasing portion sizes. She'll soon be putting weight back on. Her relationship with food is extremely worrying. Did you see those 2 enormous steaks with all that butter. Ewwww heart attack food.

Reactions: 13
The reason I asked about the butter is so many of the things she makes I have never heard of and I realise that cooking does vary from country to country. I did think it was odd to put all that butter into a slow cooker dish.

Ask her L arm. No, ask her R arm. Or her wide load arse & thighs. This is what I’m talking about. That way of cooking is not normal! It’s common sense unhealthy! It must be Southern cooking & that’s all.

hope Summer stays with her family not A&P. She would be safer. But I do feel Asa does have a sweet spot for her don't you think??? Such a tit ass family, karma will bite them in the ass when they least expect it.
he cried when she left! he was sniffling in the vlog! priss didn’t cry...& abbie didn’t care...

• Sick
  • Haha
I knew a young man with CP and other problems at one time. His mother decided he was not teachable so she never took advantage of resources available to him. It was obvious to most people that indeed he was teachable and had he been given the things available his life could have been totally different. I see the same happening with Abbie. Put more words on her IPad, work with her with signing more. I know the guy I knew was capable of so much more signing which opens a whole new way of life. It disgusts me to see Abbie just begging for attention and being so board. So what if she is 14 and would enjoy playing with toys. Keep trying until you find things she enjoys. There is a plethora of great toys that teach at the same time. Wood puzzles, Lace up cards , match games, gear toys, Legos, building blocks, Etch A Sketch, Go Fish, Learn to sign cards, Flash Cards. Watch nature shows with her. Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers and a whole list of educational tv. Nurture her mind every way you can. Stimulate her brain even if she only does the task a short time. You will never know her potential until you help her find it. See the world through her eyes. Show her the magic of a butterfly, a hummingbird or any number of things. Stop taking from Annie and start giving her life..not money. I hate that people talk negatively about Abbie. It breaks my heart because no one really knows why she does some things and it is terribly unfair to judge her when absolutely no one is sure if she is capable of being naughty to get her way. And if she is..who's fault is that and who should be held accountable. Her parents. Abbie only knows what she is taught. And she can't help what amount of food her body craves any more than knowing about weight gain or caring about it like we do ours for that matter. A whole lot of adults do things knowing it is harmful to their body and life but do it any way. And they can rationalize. Yet they do those things anyway and will be the first to point their judgemental finger at someone else for what they do. Sad especially when it is a disabled child. A and P you have the resources most families can only dream of. Work with your daughter and give her a chance. She is paying for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.