Father of Daughters #62 Just a sad little Simple Simon and his bicycle

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1). It's amazing just how much people stare at their phones even when you're talking to them, especially my teens - tiktok has a strong grip and I have no idea how to break it.

You've modelled being glued to your phone for years, they've learnt this from you.

2). 95% of the content I got served added nothing to my life. It's filler that just stole my time.

The same as the content you're making that's getting served to other people, then.

3). It took 3 days to get over the social media FOMO.

40+ father of 4 has nothing better to think about than social media FOMO for 3 days. Yikes!

4). I had better & longer sleep (2 hours more on average per night, I feel better for it).

You were spending an average of 2 HOURS on social media stuff every night?!

5). A lot of content i got served was divisive. Especially men & women mocking their partners, a trap I unfortunately fell into as it got good engagement - it's one I want to avoid in the future.

We're noting your pledge to avoid this in future. Hope it works out better than when you pledged to avoid gender stereotyping etc.

6). I talked more with my wife, I mean proper deep conversations and felt more connected- we actually went away on a 3 day trip with no phone reception - I'll talk more about in another post

If you spent ANY of the 3 day trip planning and banking content for social media, then that renders your "detox" null and void.

7). I had more time & motivation to finish jobs and to train on my bike.

Mummy will have your special medal ready for you when she next sees you!

8). I felt less down & anxious - the world can be a bleak place and you can get overloaded by it being forced into your eyeballs all the time.

See 2).

9). The virtual silence was refreshing. Too many people have too much to say.

Yes. Feel free to filter your own posts in future with this in mind :)

10). I spent less money. Without ads being served up, my card stayed in my wallet.

You're 41 years old FFS. Take responsibility for your spending!

11). I'm permanently deleting one social media app - it adds nothing to my life.

Behold! Man announces that he's deleting an app he has no use for.

Don't get me wrong, this place has its benefits but it's not what it used to be, the sense of community has gone a bit.

Yes, we've noticed the days of clicking your fingers and getting a sponsored car / luxury goods / free tradespeople etc. are mostly gone.

Anyway, if you're considering a social media detox, I would highly recommend it.

Since it was such a roaring success for you, do feel free to take longer away next time!

😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Self entitled prick makes scathing comments about his children wanting money

those same children whom he sold to make money for himself and clembot
Wow has he forgotten his last post already?! Bring back the digital detox.

What a dick.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

He has a glancing look of Vincent Cassel in that pic. Who is 57.
---

He has a glancing look of Vincent Cassel in that pic. Who is 57.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Moans his social life is basically 4 events a year where he gets to see school & uni friends. In his stories he's getting ready for a dinner with his hockey club! Not to mention all the cycling trips etc.

Reactions: 15
Four childfree weekends away with friends is pretty good going! Add to that the weekends away with Clem and his bike trips and his time’s looking pretty packed.

Reactions: 19
Unbelievable how much "me time" he's conveniently forgetting about 😆

4 events a year. duck off!

Also if he hasn't slept well since 2007, then he had no business claiming the sleep drops he was advertising were working for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Unbelievable how much "me time" he's conveniently forgetting about 😆

4 events a year. duck off!

Also if he hasn't slept well since 2007, then he had no business claiming the sleep drops he was advertising were working for him.
I have/had 3 trips planned this whole year, where it’s just my husband and I, kid free trips. For the WHOLE year, that’s a lot for us, and it’s only cos it’s my husbands 50th and our 20th anniversary….the man’s a twit (FOD, not my husband!).
And he hasn’t slept well since 2007 cos he’s probably got a guilty conscience from selling his children’s privacy since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Cringing at him taking that photo as well, can you imagine him holding his phone out trying to get the facial expressions just right. Scarlet for him!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Knob head loves himself so much , smug old prat. Even in a tux you still look like a shrivelled up ball bag Fodney.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Has it really been a year since Clem’s hoohah with the NMC when she got off remarkably lightly? Just noticed the caution is now off her record

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10

FOD, the following things may seem obvious but you seem to not understand them, so I’m going to talk you through it:
You chose to have children. I assume at this point you understood that you would have to take care of them and financially support them. Unfortunately this care extends past the chubby, squishy, instagramable baby and toddler stage to school age, pre-teen, teenager and young adulthood. If you didn’t want to do this, you shouldn’t have had children.
You have stated that you’re going to stop passive aggressively (mostly just aggressively but I’m sugar coating this ) complaining about Clemmie but will happily winge about your children. Clemmie is an adult who can make her own decisions, if she wants to stay with you that’s her poor decision making. Your children have no choice. They might not be able to stand up to you like clemmie can but if she’s unhappy with your content, they will be too. A lot of people would consider your behaviour abusive.
I understand that having 4 children is expensive (see my first point above). However, it should absolutely not pass you by that for many years your income was heavily supplemented by selling images of your children on the internet. I appreciate that from your perspective, you’re the one making the content but do you think your kids see it like that? Would you let someone use your image for their gain and then publicly complain when they’ve given you a tenner to spend on food? How many hours did you spend making them do the same thing on repeat so you could get the footage exactly as you wanted it? Or make them pose for photos so you could get exactly the right one for your grid?
Finally, how much time do you think the average parent gets away from their kids? You have more time to yourself than an anti-social hermit, countless weekends away, hours every week training for cycling races, hockey practice plus numerous “well deserved” child free weekends. Read the room, note your privilege and shut the duck up.
You might be mummy’s special little boy but to the rest of us you are a spoiled brat.
Sorry for the word salad, I was inspired by you.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
His hashtags make me die a little inside each time I read them. It’s like a 13 year old girls chat.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just caught up on his latest content. I think he’s posted the “it gets harder” thing on his grid because he knows it’ll ignite debate and comments = engagement = more attractive stats to get brands on board for spon con.

And I think he posted the tux stories because either Clemmie was working or she just doesn’t give much of a tit about him and he desperately wants someone to tell him he looks good, so he needs to turn to strangers on the internet for validation.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Interesting that after all the soul searching he said he did about staring at phones, filler content and stuff that adds nothing to his life, he's on there posting multiple stories eyeballing himself in his 20 year old suit and telling himself he's looking good.

Like, you've just recognised how meaningless this sort of thing is, but you're immediately back craving attention and validation from those people doing the same that you felt the need to get away from.

IMG_1101.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20