Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alw
Thanks for the tip @Carole_Baskin

If the NMC has been comfortable for Clemmie to continue in midwifery for the last three years, I can't see them removing her now.

Even if a hearing (or whatever) is taking its time to get to the top of the pile, she'll presumably be able to point to the 3+ years and use it in her favour.

Not saying it's right, and I have no idea how the NMC operates.

It should have been investigated at the time. I don't think there was even a comment, despite her very publicly bringing the profession into disrepute?
Always seems strange she still works in London, Bromley’s not that easy to get to from Ramsgate. Why not transfer to a trust in kent?

Reactions: 6
Alw

Always seems strange she still works in London, Bromley’s not that easy to get to from Ramsgate. Why not transfer to a trust in kent?
Maybe because she knows no other trust would have her? So she’s stuck in that trust, and sounds like they’ve moved her to a different hospital as a cover up??

Reactions: 5
Hi, longtime lurker never commented but just wanted to say, worth having a look at Kelechi Okafor's Instagram @kelechnekoff. 4th post on the grid, clip of a recent podcast she has done about the experiences of black women, haven't had chance to listen to the full episode but in the clip she mentions Clemmie. Posted 20hours ago!

This. This is why I joined tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She always loved the prestige of working at Kings. I imagine she was hoping to make her way back there at some point.

I think people have also said that an NMC hearing can take a long time. Wonder if she’s tied to that trust until it’s resolved? Can’t see other trusts taking someone on who has a hearing pending.

Nearly the 3 year anniversary of this debacle. Do you think the instamum who was sat waiting on a step for Clemmie to get an apology for all the gossip threads or some such nonsense is still sat there?! Cat something I think?!

Reactions: 7
OMG lol lol lol he’s so funny with his new video about turning all the lights off. Who are all these crawlers that actually appreciate this trash 😂

I hope people go on a commenting spree on his page about Clemmie. She got away with it so easily - they both did.

Reactions: 6
The new post about turning off lights 🥱 is surely just an opportunity to show off the house? It's enormous, no wonder he's worried about energy bills. My heart bleeds.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can't cope with working class FOD telling us how to save money. "Air dry clothes on a sunny day" and "reduce shower time" with of course a dig at the girls for the time they spend in it. And he really seems to think these are really ground breaking tips when this is just how us peasant lives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Yet again - why is he pretending like he’s the only income into that household? It’s not even as if there’s a vast pay discrepancy, in the not so distant past she was raking it in and he was light years behind so where does the audacity come from??

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Do you think he saw my list and decided to combine a bit of Eco Simon and Frugal Simon?

7FD7A64F-ABA4-4DB7-9843-9D1E4F9744B4.jpeg

At least one person called him out. Well done hen 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Could it be any more obvious that they've been flagrantly wasting energy in that house up until now?

I'm so embarrassed for him (yet again), that he's been "doing a lot of reading" to learn these basic tips that are nothing new, then passing them on in the most patronising manner.

My children (who are now adults) grew up being energy-conscious around the house and I'm sure they're not the only ones. It's a normal part of being environmentally aware and cost-conscious, whether you're watching every single penny or not.

Where did their children learn these wasteful habits, I wonder? 🤔

LetMeCountTheWays.jpg

• Heart
The arrogance of this guy.
As a side note, blaming his kids for his financial pressures is a pretty dangerous game. They are kids - they don’t need to know about their parents fears and money worries. I speak from experience of being given far too much information as a child when my parents went through a tough spot. I felt responsible in some way. There was a lot of other stuff going on I won’t go into but - jokes or not, he publicly blames his children for his woes far too often. Kids take these things to heart. He’s an absolute asshat.

Someone said to him move to a smaller house in the comments, his response was about having four kids. Having four kids does not equate needing a house that size?! I know people with four kids who live in a two bedroom flat. The parents have a fold up bed In the living room. Those kids are loved, lovely and happy … and the parents never moan to them about the sacrifices they make for them. Or at all, actually. Some people are just good people. The Hoopers are not.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This may have been pointed out already, but this year they have had enough money to:
- send her to Glastonbury
- take them all to bestival
- have a two week catered holiday (even if that was money saved over two years, it's still disposable income that can be redirected to heating etc)
- go on a biking stag
- go to a wedding
- cycle race in Mallorca, both of them, including transporting a bike
- a random overnight stay together in the Pig I think
- a long weekend in Copenhagen with the casual additional cost of an extra flight
- various trips to London
- plus work on the house.
If you added up all that the actually paid for that, it's probably the average family's total annual budget for living.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
He’s such a sexist wanker - pointing out he’s the person who pays the bills. Big dig at Clemmie there!

• Angry
The optics of him doing a stealth boast tour of that massive house with all its gifted luxury brand appliances, fittings, furnishings and accessories, while suddenly complaining about the running costs.

They've splashed the cash for years up until as recently as last month in Copenhagen. They've had zero regard for anyone struggling with finances. They've encouraged debt.

And he wants to cry poverty now?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.