Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all his waxing lyrical about the imaginary opinionated couple sitting opposite having no idea what the oh-so-important Hoopers were up to before they arrived and everything else they'd dealt with that day, Simon has no idea what the couple were going through at that moment in their lives either.

Even if someone did have an opinion on children using devices in the pub and said something a little too loudly, so what? Rather that than someone in a so-called position of influence making sweeping thoughtless judgements (e.g. able bodied people who don't exercise enough) and putting their opinion out for potentially hundreds of thousands to see.

I'm not against parents taking something to a restaurant/pub to entertain children who might otherwise become bored, whether that's a screen, a book, a puzzle. Mine used to do colouring and activity sheets provided by the restaurant. It's all the same to me.

What I really don't like in that photo is that Simon was clearly taking photos intended for publication without regard for the diners behind the children. I'm not sure if the person behind is one of the couple he's "shaming" and he did it intentionally (ugh), and I know he's used blurring, but ffs when you're in a private establishment limit your photography to your group, it's common courtsey.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Long time lurker -
No idea why this particular post has tipped me over the edge. But this man is literally beyond words.
GET OVER YOURSELF!
Why does he care so much about what these people think?
The twins are the same age as my youngest and seriously the way he talks about them you would think they are about 3 yrs younger than they really are. The number of alleged tantrums these girls have is really quite ridiculous for 6year olds.
I am definitely not the perfect parent and my son is not perfect but maybe he isn’t such a great parent if his children are throwing tantrums that often (and over weetabix?!? I would have zero tolerance for that sort of behaviour!)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Warning for anyone who hasn’t seen his stories from yday - wish I hadn’t just had my lunch 🤢 Nonsense story asking about caffeine withdrawal and then him talking whilst eating a biscuit - very gross 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I doubt the couple staring story was even real. He just needed something to get others on board with and forget about the fridge incident. Mummy/ parenting shamming a classic. 😜

The twins have had their screens even on holiday, in the car, at lunch- it's normal for them now.

Reactions: 10
I agree @rainbowlemon. I think he's picking topics which he knows will get people talking, and then reverse engineering a scenario whether it has any element of truth to it or not.

Welcome out of lurkdom @Bearlam1!

• Heart
What a load of bollocks. Nobody cares if other people's kids are on their iPads/tablets when out to lunch... plus they've all got headphones on! Might be annoying if they are listening to Peppa Pig on full volume, but nobody would have been able to hear anything?! Why do any normal people respond to his stories with anything apart from FFS WHAT.

The biscuit-tea dunking and chomping :sick:

ETA so rude to take pictures of other people and post it to 800K follower bots, nevermind the face blurring.

• Heart
Just replace caffeine drinks with decaf GRADUALLY instead of all at once. It's hardly rocket science?!

Lmfao at someone who's trying to improve their sleep adding energy drinks into the mix. What an absolute melt 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
FOD & HoH 2022 #ad #gifted #collab list

January:
  • Bigdug - flooring, storage racks and work benches (temporary solution), value £1,111.94
  • Oddbox - fruit & veg box (looks like large size), value £19.99
  • Mina and the Moon - 2x sweatshirts & 4x beanies (possibly more), value at least £140.00
  • Astonish Cleaners - oven & grill cleaner (gifted ages ago, finally used), value £3.00

February:
  • Compare the Market - financial service ad, presumably paid but might be fake

• Heart
Lol @EddieBeds even the "before" photo in that actual oven stain removal product ad wasn't as manky as the Hoopers' oven door!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe he can win the gifted stay at Tom & Kate’s in Devon that he never announced a winner for way back when.

Girls can stare at screens all the way there and back, an entirely in between because he’s 14 years deep into parenting and knows everything. The Compare The Market ad money can cover the petrol and whatever else. Done!

Oh and if we’re SUPER lucky Glen will find a random blue wall to take a photo of and make it clear that she’s doing research for all of us.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I forgot to mention how much I'm cringing for him at the "I'm 14 years deep into parenting" 😆😆😆

opmk8.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.