Father of Daughters #48 Selling kids and now credit, no longer a human family chronicle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks like the tiles are £6 each. Crazy to put them in place, and the sink, if you are still aiming to do work on the windows (whether refurb or replacement). That's asking for trouble.

Reactions: 8
Soz about the over use and wrong use of “there” in my last post 🤦‍♀️ I am Fod 😳

Also I’d like to add, I hate these god awful DIY projects being done by the likes of Hinch, Stacey Solomon and Fod. They just look so cheap and well, like they’ve been done by an amateur. It’s like the 1980s all over again, I thought we’d learned from Laurence Lewellyn Bowen and the likes. STOP IT, it looks tit and will look even more tit in 12 months. Pay a professional!

Also soz about over use of the word “like”, I am14 year old from Cali!
Yes! It’s like that awful 60 minutes make over you just know it’s all going to tit three weeks later

Solomons stuff just looks like crappy flammable tat

someone had a hilarious quote for Hinch and her new found obsession with buying cheap pine stuff and painting it ……
“ Monday continued like another particularly bad episode of The Repair Shop, one where they make your furniture worse than it looked before and the people working on the furniture are the ones crying all the time.”

But back to fodders
There’s so much going on in that garden
Remember the Olden days where you had a nice table and chairs and a snazzy sun umbrella and someone burnt stuff on a barbecue
Now it’s garden kitchens ( more washing up 🙄) and barbecues big enough to toast a whole Ox on
Oh and sunken trampolines and fake grass

🤷‍♀️🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
There's nothing remotely garden-like about it. It's an outdoor room. Nothing for the birds and bees. Maybe a few token plants in the raised beds or eventually trendy herbs in the outdoor kitchen. And I'm not sure how well he has "sealed" the edge of the worktop around the top of the sink - it looks suspiciously like a raw edge.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We lived our #bestlife with the fisher price picnic table, shell shaped paddling pools and a cozy coupe car.

The rest of the garden was survival of the fittest re plants as everything was just left to it and we'd steal raspberries that grew through the fence into our garden from next door.

No 2k barbecues (or any were bought) to make #dadlife easier. My mother like me wouldn't understand cooking outside when the kitchen is only steps away.

Also what dog breed is this puppy?

1630786590524.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes! It’s like that awful 60 minutes make over you just know it’s all going to tit three weeks later

Solomons stuff just looks like crappy flammable tat

someone had a hilarious quote for Hinch and her new found obsession with buying cheap pine stuff and painting it ……
“ Monday continued like another particularly bad episode of The Repair Shop, one where they make your furniture worse than it looked before and the people working on the furniture are the ones crying all the time.”

But back to fodders
There’s so much going on in that garden
Remember the Olden days where you had a nice table and chairs and a snazzy sun umbrella and someone burnt stuff on a barbecue
Now it’s garden kitchens ( more washing up 🙄) and barbecues big enough to toast a whole Ox on
Oh and sunken trampolines and fake grass

🤷‍♀️🙄
I’ve been enjoying laughing at Solomon’s thick layers of tacky paint going on. Also, peeling it off like those kiddy’s nail varnishes from the 80s/90s will be very satisfying for her kids. I distinctly remember buying some in Allders. Ahh. Simpler times.

Find the whole Hooper garden “design” baffling. As someone said the garden is a postage stamp, leading right onto the actual kitchen….

They are only lacking a kitchen in the bedsit attic of doom by my calc and then will be fully Kitchened on every floor.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Those outdoor kitchen presses will provide a cosy home for mice during the winter, The neighbours who overlook the Hooper’s garden must have a few giggles when they look out their windows.

• Sick
I actually really like it! I can’t help feeling though it would have been a whole lot less bother to just knock a new doorway into the utility and create an accessible indoor/outdoor kitchen using the existing set up? There’s a whole lotta kitchens going on in that house. Maybe their long term plan is to convert it into bedsits 😵💫

Reactions: 10
We lived our #bestlife with the fisher price picnic table, shell shaped paddling pools and a cozy coupe car.

The rest of the garden was survival of the fittest re plants as everything was just left to it and we'd steal raspberries that grew through the fence into our garden from next door.

No 2k barbecues (or any were bought) to make #dadlife easier. My mother like me wouldn't understand cooking outside when the kitchen is only steps away.

View attachment 745417
Looks like a cocker spaniel.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The tiles are okay but surely this family more than any other in the history of the world know not to buy Insta hype items as it ages your house within months? 😬

I’d honestly rather see tongue and groove or some vintage artex than another naff carpet runner / MDF panelling / environmental hazard dog piss lawn

• Haha

View attachment 745417
Our dog has the shell shaped paddle pool to cool off in😉

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Are the girls names spellings really wrong? I couldn't tell the difference.
they've always spelled Ottilie with one L, yet on that story he spelled it Ottillie. presumably he's called her Ottie for so long, he's forgotten how to spell her full name correctly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I’m from the south of France where investing in an outdoor kitchen makes sense as you can use it for at least 6 months. Yet none of my friends there have one, they have good barbecues and outdoor furnitures. So why oh why would you have a kitchen outside in England where you can get 3 weeks out of it if you’re lucky ? Such a waste.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m from the south of France where investing in an outdoor kitchen makes sense as you can use it for at least 6 months. Yet none of my friends there have one, they have good barbecues and outdoor furnitures. So why oh why would you have a kitchen outside in England where you can get 3 weeks out of it if you’re lucky ? Such a waste.
3 weeks is optimistic judging by this year. 3 days more like.

• Haha
Everything they do is based on following what others have. No original thoughts at all. Must be such a boring way to live!

• Heart
I showed hubby (carpenter) fods kitchen, he says it won't weather very well, the plywood he used for the cupboard doors etc will need repainting every 2 years, but how's he gonna do that as he's siliconed cedar pieces to it....so all in all, a pretty tit job! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I showed hubby (carpenter) fods kitchen, he says it won't weather very well, the plywood he used for the cupboard doors etc will need repainting every 2 years, but how's he gonna do that as he's siliconed cedar pieces to it....so all in all, a pretty tit job! 🤣
Surely it’s always going to look filthy too? In the same way you have to jet wash your paving / drive yearly cos it goes a horrible grim grey you’d need to be cleaning this kitchen regularly cos you can’t jet spray it? I’m so confused

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Surely it’s always going to look filthy too? In the same way you have to jet wash your paving / drive yearly cos it goes a horrible grim grey you’d need to be cleaning this kitchen regularly cos you can’t jet spray it? I’m so confused
Yeah and using tiles just so more filth could get trapped in the grout. He 💯 should have gone for Dexton (like I’m gonna when I get my outdoor kitchen done 😜) one piece of hardwearing (it’s bombproof they use it to clad buildings) easily cleanable surface would have been much cooler, long lasting and practical. Tiles are a ball ache in kitchens and bathrooms where you constantly clean, imagine what that surface is gonna look like in November 🤢

Also agree re the plywood and cedar cladding. Couldn’t be more impractical unless he’d used cardboard and foam.
That cladding of kitchen has been done really nicely by a Manc influencer I watch, in her city centre loft...INSIDE. However, the baton cladding faze is going to scream lockdown DIY 2020/21 very soon.

Can’t wait to see it all weather fkd in 12 months. There’s a reason that “decent” outdoor kitchens are made of stainless steel and concrete. This wood thing just reminds me of my FIL who made some crappy bbq “area” a few years back and it’s just rotted to fk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.