Father of Daughters #45 There are simply no words

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you (or did you previously) have local connections? I would never have known that!
Also.......he parks his car at the side of the house. At the end of his garden the pavement outside has a lowered kerb for access though a house was built on a plot of land which I think the previous owners may have sold.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Also.......he parks his car at the side of the house. At the end of his garden the pavement outside has a lowered kerb for access though a house was built on a plot of land which I think the previous owners may have sold.
I just wondered if you had connections there that was all.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
House post. I just don't think he has the linguistic capacity to describe the sun as "low turmeric coloured".

• Haha
Reactions: 14
House post. I just don't think he has the linguistic capacity to describe the sun as "low turmeric coloured".
It's 'aesthetically pleasing' though. Been missing that phrase. How did it take him 10 minutes to take those 3 pictures?*

*Glen?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So I had to take my toddler to a&e earlier (bump to head, went pale and a bit floppy...all tests done but apart from a bit of fever he’s okay) and whilst sat in the waiting room watching kids tv I tried to go through the thought process of taking photos of him and sharing it to my 100 friends and family followers and I just don’t get it and can’t relate in any way shape or form, all I wanted to do was cuddle and care for him, not take photos of his sadness like they did.

I also know if I had my friends would have probably thought I was a bit of an attention seeking dick for doing so. I’m sure they’d have commented with sympathy but also had an eye roll! And rightly so!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
« the low turmeric colored sun streams trough the shutters and bounces around, changing the color of the room, throwing geometric shapes on the walls and castings shadows that are so aesthetically pleasing”. FOD Hugo

• Haha
So I had to take my toddler to a&e earlier (bump to head, went pale and a bit floppy...all tests done but apart from a bit of fever he’s okay) and whilst sat in the waiting room watching kids tv I tried to go through the thought process of taking photos of him and sharing it to my 100 friends and family followers and I just don’t get it and can’t relate in any way shape or form, all I wanted to do was cuddle and care for him, not take photos of his sadness like they did.

I also know if I had my friends would have probably thought I was a bit of an attention seeking dick for doing so. I’m sure they’d have commented with sympathy but also had an eye roll! And rightly so!
Aww I hope he's doing okay now. Always best with little ones to get them checked out xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Aww nooo! Hope he is ok now ? I completely agree though

Reactions: 4

Yes exactly. It’s a horrible experience - why would you want to document it on social media?
Hope your little one is okay. The same thing happened with my daughter when she was a tot. Was terrifying at the time, but ultimately fine. Xx

• Heart
Ask on the forum business forums, I remember them changing it from any one being able to make an account and message members (I have heard of influencers and their friends/fam messaging ppl so I assume it’s cos of that??) but it looks like they must have upped the threshold again?!

definitely ask mods over there though, you’re active on site you should be allowed to message 😱

• Heart
Thank you for all your kind messages about my boy and our hospital visit. He’s fine today, jumping around like crazy!
Obvs not a comparison with what he was there for but I just tried to put myself if the SOD’s shoes and what on earth possessed them taking pics of their sick child! 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Not sure if this is off topic. Apologies if it is.
Has anyone read the New Statesman article on Tattle?
There's so much wrong with it. First, it says this is the most extreme site online. A couple of times I have thought posts on here have been out of line. I reported each time and the posts were removed quickly. I don't go on many sites/forums etc but I find Twitter the most offensive, hateful site on the internet. Some of the comments which are posted- and stay up- are absolutely vile. Ironically, this journalist uses her Twitter account to link to her story.
There is also a lazy comment about Tattle.life being filled with middle aged women. Not sure that claim can be supported but even if it were true, so what? Are middle aged women not allowed a voice? Are they only allowed on Mumsnet?
Part of me wonders whether there are vested interests in shutting a site like this down because it is so critical of what goes on on Instagram since so many people are making big bucks through Instagram. But maybe that's too conspiratorial.
The Instagram stuff aside, there are threads on here which have given me so much hope. I don't actually comment on the ones which I'm referring to as I don't feel brave enough to share some of my own experiences, but they have given me more support than anything else I've read online about these types of issues.
Sorry for this massive rant. I know I'm preaching to the converted but I had to get it off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Not sure if this is off topic. Apologies if it is.
Has anyone read the New Statesman article on Tattle?
There's so much wrong with it. First, it says this is the most extreme site online. A couple of times I have thought posts on here have been out of line. I reported each time and the posts were removed quickly. I don't go on many sites/forums etc but I find Twitter the most offensive, hateful site on the internet. Some of the comments which are posted- and stay up- are absolutely vile. Ironically, this journalist uses her Twitter account to link to her story.
There is also a lazy comment about Tattle.life being filled with middle aged women. Not sure that claim can be supported but even if it were true, so what? Are middle aged women not allowed a voice? Are they only allowed on Mumsnet?
Part of me wonders whether there are vested interests in shutting a site like this down because it is so critical of what goes on on Instagram since so many people are making big bucks through Instagram. But maybe that's too conspiratorial.
The Instagram stuff aside, there are threads on here which have given me so much hope. I don't actually comment on the ones which I'm referring to as I don't feel brave enough to share some of my own experiences, but they have given me more support than anything else I've read online about these types of issues.
Sorry for this massive rant. I know I'm preaching to the converted but I had to get it off my chest.
There was quite a lot of discussion and v interesting bits said on this on the Jack Monroe thread, can’t remember the number but unfortunately remember it’s called “Lidocaine for the hole” 😂 x

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There was quite a lot of discussion and v interesting bits said on this on the Jack Monroe thread, can’t remember the number but unfortunately remember it’s called “Lidocaine for the hole” 😂 x
Great thread title. I'll have a lurk but I feel as though joining in those discussions is the equivalent of joining Olympic swimmers with your arm bands on.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Has anyone seen the waffly bollocks post of Glen’s on the House of Horrors account? As if they are still trying to pretend it is Sly 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What Glen fails to note is that direct sunlight ruins artworks and all that gold leaf would be particularly fragile.

Silly Glen! Go sit in the naughty chair while your photo is taken.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.