Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I'm trying to understand the cost of the flash system that he's baulking at. On the NHS website it says:
As a rough guide, it costs around:
  • £150 for a starter pack (reader and 2 sensors)
  • £50 for a sensor
  • £50 for a reader
It says a sensor lasts 14 days, so they'd need another 24 after the 2 in the starter pack to last them a year. £150 + £1,200 + £50 = £1,400 (I've included two readers so they have a backup). This is without factoring in any DLA which they may be eligible for, to help with the costs (approx £20-£80 per week depending on level of care needed). Please correct me if any of this is inaccurate, but I'm using published figures.

Here are just a few of the items they've had free or discounted, posting for perspective.

The fringed lampshade in their bedroom sells for £425
https://wandalust.co.uk/the-collection/pink-lemonade-fringe-shade

The Weber BBQ £1,836
https://www.weber.com/GB/en/barbecues/gas-barbecues/genesis-ii-series/62006174.html

The Kohler Brockway medium sink plus taps & soap dish £5,292 delivered
https://www.hollowaysofludlow.com/s...g-basins/Brockway_Wall_Mounted_Cast_Iron_Sink

So, if all this is correct, and to use his favourite sliding scale, a year's monitoring for his daughter would cost between a lampshade and a BBQ, but nowhere near a bathroom sink.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I haven’t been on the FOD threads for a while but I’ve just caught up and I have to say, I’m completely disgusted with him for posting about Marnie so soon after her diagnosis and the photo of her in hospital. I’m all for raising awareness of Type 1 (my daughter has it) but so soon?! FFS! It’s all about him and it’s a gross invasion of her privacy.
On another note, T1 a disease that’s often dismissed as being ‘not serious’ because it can be ‘managed’. But managing it is a full on, full time job. It means invasive finger pricks tests god knows how many times a day and either injections or an insulin pump and carb counting every morsel of food that passes your lips and taking into account any and all exercise you plan to do. Even with the new technology that make it easier to manage, it’s still 24 hours a day. I still get up in the night at 3am to check my daughters blood sugar and to make sure she hasn’t died in her sleep which is a very real possibility with someone with T1, and even then, keeping her blood sugar stable is almost impossible as it’s affected by everything, from food to sleep to exercise to hormones. Two days can be played out exactly the same and yet blood sugars can vary wildly and put her at risk of short term and long term complications. It’s exhausting. As a family, this is something we’ve dealing with for over 11 years now (my daughter was diagnosed at 2) and I still wouldn’t make a joke about it, because a) it’s not funny and b) it’s not my illness to be joking about. And even with all that in mind, I still wouldn’t compare our situation to a child (or anyone for that matter) with a terminal illness. He’s a fuckwit and it’s all going to be out there for M to see and look back on when she’s older.
As for the libre sensors; just buy them yourself, Simon. Use the DLA that you’ll be able to claim for it, it’s what it’s there for. We had to, before we could get the funding for them through the NHS and it’s a drop in the ocean compared to all the money and revenue they’ve had over the past few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

LuBiLu

VIP Member
Even though they are a small company and sell shit products, I still sent them a message to advise them of who they worked with 😁

I find it hilarious how far they have fallen. The fact he agreed to do that Ad, is proof of how desperate they are. I cannot imagine Glen brags about that latest Ad with her Ramsgate crew.

He is back.

20210428_092007.jpg

Screenshot_2019-11-07-19-16-36.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
I’m legit confused what all these people “miss” about Glen. They miss her teaching them how to toast bread? They miss her reading books not available to the public yet? They miss her shilling a lifestyle entirely unattainable that makes them feel inadequate? They miss her reviews of holidays based on photos of blue walls?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
MOD could have totally wrote a book like this if she had brain cells. Apologize (properly) for Alice gate and then go on and write a book about what it’s like behind the curtain.
Can we come up with some imaginary titles for the book we wish Glen would write? (Because I agree, she SO could have written a behind the scenes tell all.)

Some options:
You Had Me At Free Kitchens
Be Kind: A Cautionary Tale
I Messed Up. In French.
How To Spot A Bot by Clemmy not Clemmie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Not up to Axa's level, but happy birthday DG.

1617884315069.png

Anyone who knows me knows I love Ikea and I was honored when they reached out for a collab. I've been seeing garden kitchens trending, but if money is tight at the moment like it has been for so many of us- fear not ikea has your back! Prices start at just £100 and you too can live the dream. I will be cooking up a treat for my family this summer and will keep you posted.

xxx

#AD#IKEA#livingmybestlife

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Dogmuck

VIP Member
It’s not a dig at my family ......... followed by a long arsed dig at clembot for fucking moaning 24/7 about how long the recreation of the Taj Mahal in the garden is taking and how she’s having to look after THEIR children whilst he plays with soil

I swear to god every ‘little 20 minute job’ my husband starts lasts 5 or 6 hours
This is the reason I would rather save and pay someone even if it takes a while because if I bloody hear “ measure twice cut once” one more time 🤨
My husband can’t do shit, seriously he’s so shit at anything but spreadsheets and farting, the tools in this house our mine and I can do low level stuff like putting curtain rails and shelves up. The fact Mr Dogmuck fully accepts he’s crap means I don’t have to worry about him pretending he’s capable of stuff and making a pigs ear of it and he’s more than happy to have professionals in to do jobs and with that accepting the cost.

You don’t go to private school, university, job in the city, have four kids and then spend months digging soil and rubble, something a couple of labourers could sort out in a few days for a few hundred quid, for the chance to learn a new skill...hun digging isn’t a skill you really need months to learn, plus the amount of times you’ve had to dig yourself out of your and your wife’s insta Fuck ups over the last two years, you should be quite the expert in that particular skill set already. Just face it, you’re skint, you don’t like having to pay for anything, you don’t want to spend time with your family and you’re desperate for likes on Instagram, we know it, we see you. Someone call DIY SOS for pity’s sake. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
I cannot CANNOT believe they didn’t just buy her a freestyle libre the second they found out. Finger prick testing is miserable & the libre is, what, £25 a week? “Hopefully” getting one? You fucking useless parent. Imagine putting your kid through that to save a few beans. What a class A type 1 twat.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

LuBiLu

VIP Member
From luxury Martinhal resort holidays, to some CBD gel by an unknown company with less than 3k followers.

I don't think he can possibly fall any further now. I am so embarrassed for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
Ah the irony!
“Dignity is a massive issue. Why would you want to lose it”.
Indeed. 😂
This for thread title.

sly SHOULD write a book, about Alicegate, the fall out, what really happened behind closed doors, did he know before (probably) did he care (nah) how much in £££s was pulled in the aftermath...

god all the stuff they could’ve done. More tacky jewellery and sundry merch... #thankyounhsXMOD on everything... a quick reissue of how to grow a baby & the journal with a pandemic slant to make it relevant... a slot on this morning re T1 diabetes...they were on the cusp man, the CUSP of serious money and fame. Shit. And now Simon is digging literal holes and badmouthing them. It must be so absolutely fucking galling for them. Lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

LuBiLu

VIP Member
Any other parent would seek out professional counseling for their child, if they were really struggling with a medical diagnosis. And through the correct channels.

It is actually sickening just how low he will sink in order to gain likes and followers. And I have no doubt he sees £££ signs.

My children are currently dealing with grief, and displaying it in totally different ways. What did I do? I went through the right channels, and they are both getting the professional help they need. What I didn't do is plaster it all over my social media, to inform the world of what they're currently dealing with, and going in to great detail of it all.

I know it isn't quite the same as what M is going through, but to exploit a child who is struggling and going through something traumatic, is quite frankly unforgivable.

Time to put your phone down Sly, and support your child by being there for her. Not staging photos of her medical equipment for fucking content. You utter disgusting disgrace of a man.

• Heart

Emmadale

VIP Member
So I had to take my toddler to a&e earlier (bump to head, went pale and a bit floppy...all tests done but apart from a bit of fever he’s okay) and whilst sat in the waiting room watching kids tv I tried to go through the thought process of taking photos of him and sharing it to my 100 friends and family followers and I just don’t get it and can’t relate in any way shape or form, all I wanted to do was cuddle and care for him, not take photos of his sadness like they did.

I also know if I had my friends would have probably thought I was a bit of an attention seeking dick for doing so. I’m sure they’d have commented with sympathy but also had an eye roll! And rightly so!

• Heart