Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I wondered that too!

It's a serious decline.

Sorry this is such a boring comment: A few moons ago I wrote a quick script (to gauge how many followers he was gaining per 3 minutes versus others to see if he was buying - and he was) that was in essence what Instagram would recognise as a bot, it is SO difficult to pass Instagram’s detection as they know what natural behaviour looks like on the platform. These shell accounts will just be logging in, following a list of (paying) users, liking their pics, etc on a relatively routine basis. I had to make my script cycle through 4 accounts to stop any one getting banned, in the end they banned my IP from the service for x hours as a punishment. These bot factories are obviously much better script writers than I am but they’re still going to hit a wall. It’s also better business for them if their customers need to keep coming back, so they probably don’t even want to work around it.

It’s 100% bots getting deleted which is fucking brilliant! 😂 He’s pissing money down the drain and is too thick to realise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I can only implore anyone with 5 spare minutes to get in touch with these brands (I say this as someone who does !). You can construct one email and C+P it swapping brand names out. We can judge why are brands so lazy / don’t research etc but I don’t think anyone is expecting exactly what they’ve done in the background, you know? And they’ve adequately removed themselves from the shit with the new faceless profile.

Personally find it hilarious to see him repeatedly tagging brands who’ve reassured me they wouldn’t partner with him 😂 their marketing departments must be equal parts fearful of / laughing at him. Just pay for your shit ffs it’s not hard!

• Heart

Rosieee

VIP Member
Oh no ! Where is the limit ? So your daughter was just diagnosed with a life altering disease and this is what you do ??! Share a picture of her on the hospital bed ? So wrong.

• Heart
  • Angry

Alectrona

Regarding tonight's stories: wow. As always @Axatogrind says it better than I can.

Those are not his private details to share. Those are his daughter's intimate fears. Her bodily functions. And he's walking down the street making content out of it. Horrifying.

It also now sounds like the gran took one look at her and said, this child isn't well and that's how this all unfolded.

• Heart
  • Sad

Cheeseandbiscuits

I cannot believe he’s posted pics of his daughter in hospital. I’m literally speechless. It is such a personal a private time.
I also think you can raise awareness in other ways and probably should have done it at a future date, not when it’s so raw and emotional.
I haven’t looked at his stories in months but this really really didn’t sit right with me.
I felt so devastated for him as I was watching the stories, but I was also really cross. This is about protecting his girl in more ways than one. And announcing it to a few hundred thousand strangers on the internet is NOT protecting his child. I feel this could have repercussions on him as she gets older

• Heart

Axatogrind

VIP Member
If he starts using his "several days a month" for instagram smugposting such as a day in the life of a covid vaccinator, or arsing around making "raising awareness" content or (worse) turning covid vaccinations into his brand of unfunny-humour while on the clock, then anyone with a grain of critical thinking skill will see what he's up to.

The entire point of vounteering is that it's NOT ABOUT YOU, SIMON. St John Ambulance charity and their volunteers don't need you and your tarnished "platform" co-opting the work they do. You've already posed in front of their ambulances showing off their branding while bigging yourself up and having a spotlight moment. Leave it at that, put your phone away and give 100% of your focus to the job you're there to do.

As an aside, I wonder if the people skills part of his training that he mentioned included a module on diversity, equality and safeguarding.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Emmadale

VIP Member
Re the emojis Glen’s mother posted, maybe it was her ‘crying’ because she couldn’t see her children today, however she not long ago posted a picture of the twinnies in her account and indicated that she had recently seen them.
Maybe she’s still crying cause her daughter married Sly!

• Haha
  • Heart

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Agree with everything that's been written. This will no doubt be a regular theme of content now. 😥
I'm a bit surprised that they were both allowed into the hospital with her.
I can only imagine what the staff made of him sitting taking photos as she lay in bed. So awful.
Everybody has already articulated better than me how completely abhorrent his last post was. Truly shocking never mind worrying how most people who have commented seem to think it is totally fine. He absolutely could have raised awareness of Type 1 without posting a personal photograph of his child in a hospital bed, broadcasting her newly diagnosed illness. Urgh when you think he can't get any worse.

I was also surprised they were both allowed in. You wouldn't be allowed that at any hospital near me.

I was in a&e on my own all night last night for a suspected pulmonary embolism (it wasn't, thank the lord) and I feel so distressed by the experience I haven't told anybody at all yet (apart from my husband who witness the drama unfold at home). The very idea that a PARENT can post personal medical information as he has done about his child, accompanied by photographs, to 900k strangers is making no sense to me at all.

• Heart

Hatchet_job

VIP Member
Careless communication. I'm guessing he means the shutters are made in China (CAPITAL C), not the pandemic. Anyone with basic English knows the difference between affected and effected. And how insensitive to say pandemics are a pain in the ass. Such poor taste. Over 2.5 million people dead worldwide.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

Gemgemgemgem

God I really thought/hoped that after the whole tattle fiasco that these would just vanish from earth forever. Why he he still on instagram and still posting? I'm embarrassed for him. Is he addicted to embarrassment and instagram likes?

• Haha

Bizziebody

VIP Member
He's already been a busy boy deleting the comments that were not kissing his arse and there were quite a few on there this morning when I first saw his post. Wanker fod.🤑

• Angry
  • Wow

ILoveUnicorns

VIP Member
I still can’t get over they ripped out that beautiful kitchen which was perfectly fine, what an absolute waste of money and hassle for no reason.

• Sad

Titfer

Chatty Member
"My dad has almost a million followers on his Instagram account, I'll get him to share it and it will give us soooo much exposure.... "

Was my initial thought....

• Haha
  • Heart

LuBiLu

VIP Member
Looking at his house of horror, they really dislike a blank wall or a flat surface clear of crap don't they? Fancy having to move all that junk to dust.😳
Their house is my worst nightmare. Cluttered surfaces in every room, clashing colours, busy wallpaper, and too much furniture in every room.

I get twitchy just looking at it.

Their cleaner must hate dusting that house. Even the kitchen shelves and worktops are cluttered.

Less is more Glen.

• Heart
  • Haha

HensInTheSkirting

What? Do you mean the same crap you normally put on your Instagram Sly? Hardly a prediction is it hun, surely it’s just a memory of your own shite content 🙄View attachment 472298

Silly silly Simon...
Your feed tomorrow, given your followers are mostly female (and bots obvs) will be mostly about
INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY!
Remember? Gosh that year has flown by!

• Haha