Father of Daughters #40 they’ve gone completely rogue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I don't trust Simon to declare properly, including making a regular discount sound like some kind of special PR deal. Him trying to barter a deal because of his bots following definitely sounds like something he (or Clemmie) would do though, I agree!
this! It’s as if he’s manifesting brand deals by pretending they’re getting them. Also it’s kind of like what those vile abusive men do to dupe women into feeling safe with them, show case oh but I’m friends with xyz! If brands think they’re in the clear to work with them again cos xyz have, they’ll attract more. When the reality is he’s received a bog standard discount in exchange for images & the cheese cakes were gifted to his mate 😂

This must be the longest dry spell yet? What was his last deal? Those tit curtains from an “small independent” retailer with an augmented reality app and offices in St James Sq?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I read an article a while ago where high end brands were frustrated that random people tagged them in an attempt to make it look like there was an association/collaboration in order to attract paid partnerships/free stuff.

It’s like Influencing for Beginners. (Or Dummies.)

Also see: Simon and the discounted stair runner. 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I wonder if the thought has crossed their minds to do a big expose interview in Red?! I am sure the controversy would drive Red sales, plus I’m sure they would trust ST to put a positive spin and be gentle on them!
The phonics video is horrific, even though it’s fake it’s scary that he wants to act that way? The aggression seems to come far too easy and why you would want ppl to see you “fake” rage I don’t know, it’s not funny? Plus all his kids are at school, unless any of their yrs are having to isolate!

Reactions: 12
I read an article a while ago where high end brands were frustrated that random people tagged them in an attempt to make it look like there was an association/collaboration in order to attract paid partnerships/free stuff.

It’s like Influencing for Beginners. (Or Dummies.)

Also see: Simon and the discounted stair runner. 🙄

Hes definitely exaggerating. I ordered floors the other day and the nice man knocked 10% off at the till. I wouldnt dream of calling that a #PRSample which implies of course the brand contacted you to help promote them.

Hes hoping by #prsample-ing it he will sound like he has clout and reach and more freebies will follow.

Also, the lines in the runner against the tiles in the floor make me feel dizzy, they are like those pictures stoned teenagers stare at.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hes definitely exaggerating. I ordered floors the other day and the nice man knocked 10% off at the till. I wouldnt dream of calling that a #PRSample which implies of course the brand contacted you to help promote them.

Hes hoping by #prsample-ing it he will sound like he has clout and reach and more freebies will follow.

Also, the lines in the runner against the tiles in the floor make me feel dizzy, they are like those pictures stoned teenagers stare at.
This has reminded me that porcelain superstore offer you a 5% discount if you leave a review, as do Adidas, which is basically the same mechanism. I’m now an Adidas sponsored athlete in FOD’s world?

It’s definitely a ploy to appear as if he’s getting deals again in the hope it validates their brand as back and safe again, even they must be surprised that every single thing they’ve tried this week has been shot down to pieces and it hasn’t even taken many people reaching out for brands to back away at 200mph 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Do we reckon they’ve employed a brand consultant or are they trying to claw back their careers on their own? I can’t decide which option is more tragic to be honest...

• Wow
Story time. My friend ( :unsure: ) has an art/craft type instagram, nothing to do with selling, nothing to do with influencing. In the beginning they used to hashtag (not @-mention) the brands of the tools and materials they used, partly because it's frequently asked in their circle and partly because it just seemed like relevant hashtags for what they were producing.

About 18 months ago (the same amount of time it takes to save for a fresh new kitchen :LOL:) they stopped doing it and went back and edited every single post, removing all mentions of brands, precisely because they didn't want it to look like they were trying to fake a brand relationship or attact the brands' attention for collabs and what-not.

Do we reckon they’ve employed a brand consultant or are they trying to claw back their careers on their own? I can’t decide which option is more tragic to be honest...
IMO it's just them. I don't see the hallmarks of a brand consultant, I would expect a noticeable upturn in slickness and professionalism if that were the case. I do think they may have had help originally setting up House of Horrors with the logos, theme etc. I also think they may recently have been scattergunning brands and key people in the home decor world trying to get their house back out there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Fml.

I've never felt such vicarious embarrassment for someone as I did just now watching his tragic dancing.

• Wow
  • Haha
I can’t look 👀 - i just can’t!
I could only briefly scroll over your screen shots @rainbowlemon and it made me queasy 🤢

I have a “reno” account because the people who did my work surfaces asked me to tag them on my Instagram as I was the first person in the country to have this new Dexton. Then the Crittal people did, then the tiling company, then the decorator etc etc. I wasn’t gonna do that on my personal one cos I’d already done a piss take of our reno on there and it wasn’t gonna be a good look.
I thought this has to be easier than writing a review, just pop a few photos up, job done. so I set it up reno acc thinking it would be private and nobody but me and the people I tagged would know anything about it (honestly I’m that naive on insta), some how my followers (friends and family) on my original account started sending follower requests...I’m like duck! Didn’t realise they are linked some how! Given I constantly take the piss out of influencers on my personal account I got lots of questions off my friends asking if I was becoming an influencer. 🙄 Then people who saw the tag wanted to follow me and im like Noooooo! This is not the intention fuckers! So now it’s just one of my burners 🙌 don’t post anything and don’t tag anyone!

• Haha
Saw this on the Daily Fail and had to laugh. LOLOLOL! We knew this ages ago, but it's nice to have confirmation :- D
While some of these Insta interiors are so overdone I wouldn’t trust the man from Roofing Megastore??? Or the woman from Wayfair. Funny she’s trying to sell us American trends like chunky corduroy. Another fluff catcher...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They are now in Tier 3 as is all of Kent. Edited to add that I didn’t realise he was whinging about it on his account. Prat.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I can’t look 👀 - i just can’t!
I could only briefly scroll over your screen shots @rainbowlemon and it made me queasy 🤢

I have a “reno” account because the people who did my work surfaces asked me to tag them on my Instagram as I was the first person in the country to have this new Dexton. Then the Crittal people did, then the tiling company, then the decorator etc etc. I wasn’t gonna do that on my personal one cos I’d already done a piss take of our reno on there and it wasn’t gonna be a good look.
I thought this has to be easier than writing a review, just pop a few photos up, job done. so I set it up reno acc thinking it would be private and nobody but me and the people I tagged would know anything about it (honestly I’m that naive on insta), some how my followers (friends and family) on my original account started sending follower requests...I’m like duck! Didn’t realise they are linked some how! Given I constantly take the piss out of influencers on my personal account I got lots of questions off my friends asking if I was becoming an influencer. 🙄 Then people who saw the tag wanted to follow me and im like Noooooo! This is not the intention fuckers! So now it’s just one of my burners 🙌 don’t post anything and don’t tag anyone!
With insta if your friends with someone their friends and contacts will be recommend to you too as accounts to follow.

See where your reno' love story goes hun .Don't shut it down early- maybe you could also get gifted Hunter boots too!

Maybe some freebie candles would help you get over your "hump days" boo?

Other news: Re: Chole and the beans is bugging me. She posted a pic recently where one of her kids was touching himself. I get that kids do that, but even if she didn't notice it at the start it feels icky leaving the original photo when its been brought to her attention and she's just commented that it's a phase. I went through her older photos yesterday too- lots of the older ones in bath tubs. One super bad one where you can see the outline of one child's bits. I reported a photo but the support ticket says it's all okay.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I really don’t see any brand consultant approving that kind of content. Not a chance. They’re on their own and it’s tragic.
He looks completely deranged in these stories.

It's annoying me as well that he lives in a gigantic, completely refurbed house with the beach down the road... yet he is pratting about doing some am-dram about lockdown and going into tier 3. Try living in a flat with no garden, or tiny cramped house with your 4 kids and going into tier 3. He lives in total luxury. His videos are either toe-curling puketasticly stupid or try-hard, tone deaf nonsense.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m a complete masochist- I looked - I wish I hadn’t. What’s worse, the dancing, the Tier update (which will mean nothing in Russian/China/UAE hun) the singing, the hair or the tracksuit? duck me! I’ve cringed myself inside out. It’s like he’s on a brand suicide mission, is it possible he’s actually got MH issues? This is not normal, funny or quirky...I’m just struggling to find the words for what it is. On one channel you’ve got Mr Serious DIY advice/Tips and on the other an absolute bell end 🤷‍♀️ I’m lost any of you trolls got any ideas?

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.