Father of Daughters #40 they’ve gone completely rogue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for messaging them, that’s a tit response they should be doing the work to protect their brand?
I think they may have had a fair few messages to make them aware of Glen and Sly's behaviour, and sent the same reply out to everyone who did message them. Like they did with me and another poster.

It is a shame that so many do not do background checks on who they are working with, when promoting their brand and business.

Sorry off topic, well not really in regards to background checks, but a different family.

Not sure if you've read the Ingham Family threads or heard of them, but the father was outed as preying on young girls a few years ago. Asking 16 year old girls to meet him at night etc. People are still having to message brands to make them aware that he is a predator, as they are still being used to promote their businesses.

You need to know what type of people you are dealing with, or they can end up losing customers.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Let's re-cap how the Hoopers' week is going at the halfway point:

- Major feature pulled from Home Stories
- High profile grid posts removed from Times Property
- Roger Oates brand trying to disassociate themselves

You love to see it :p

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

"And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for these blasted meddling kids"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

And it’s only Wednesday - Craig David would be proud

• Haha
Reactions: 31
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I did ask home stories if Sly has contacted her, message has been read but no response. Probably wants to erase it from existence!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“We give them a discount in exchange of photo location”. Well if this isn’t the definition of a “collab” I don’t know what is !

• Haha
Reactions: 22
“We give them a discount in exchange of photo location”. Well if this isn’t the definition of a “collab” I don’t know what is !
It could have been a tiny discount. There are lots of pictures of their products on different staircases on their website.

Reactions: 10
It could have been a tiny discount. There are lots of pictures of their products on different staircases on their website.
Yeah I do agree with this one, from a brand PoV it makes sense to knock off a few quid for rights to use the photos rather than spending thousands to stage pics for their site. A bit like builders leaving a sign on your house if they’ve done your drive or Windows...

They should do their due diligence but in fairness I don’t think there are that many out and out racist midwives begging for freebies so fair enough that they haven’t, a public apology / statement wouldn’t go amiss 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
If it's a discount that's available to anyone (albeit probably only people with a photogenic house lol) then IMO that's quite different from a brand/influencer relationship. I may be naive, but I'm prepared to give Roger Oates the benefit of the doubt for now. If it's been their standard practice for a long time then it's probably never occurred to them to go digging into the backgrounds of their customers first. Outside of the instagram world hardly anyone will have a flamin' clue who the Hoopers are. Might revise my position if they still publish the photos, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If it's a discount that's available to anyone (albeit probably only people with a photogenic house lol) then IMO that's quite different from a brand/influencer relationship. I may be naive, but I'm prepared to give Roger Oates the benefit of the doubt for now. If it's been their standard practice for a long time then it's probably never occurred to them to go digging into the backgrounds of their customers first. Outside of the instagram world hardly anyone will have a flamin' clue who the Hoopers are. Might revise my position if they still publish the photos, though.
I’m in agreement with you on this one. I bet the discount was asked for though before it was offered!

Reactions: 17
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

However I just have this feeling Simon would have mentioned something cuntish like 'I have a big following on Instagram, and I have worked with many brands, so this will bring you more customers'

He tagged it PR Product too. Surely that means they wanted exposure?

ETA - Maybe Sly wanted it to come across like a collab, so it looks like brands still want to work with him? No mention that he got a discount just so they could take photos of the runner in a real life home.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Yeah I don't trust Simon to declare properly, including making a regular discount sound like some kind of special PR deal. Him trying to barter a deal because of his bots following definitely sounds like something he (or Clemmie) would do though, I agree!

Reactions: 12
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

However I just have this feeling Simon would have mentioned something cuntish like 'I have a big following on Instagram, and I have worked with many brands, so this will bring you more customers'

He tagged it PR Product too. Surely that means they wanted exposure?

ETA - Maybe Sly wanted it to come across like a collab, so it looks like brands still want to work with him? No mention that he got a discount just so they could take photos of the runner in a real life home.
To be fair I totally understand where Fod Is coming from and the power of Instagram...
🙋‍♀️ Confession time. Last week I was having a new bathroom fitted and it turned out my basin had a blemish. The company I bought it from said it’s gonna take at least 2 weeks and offered me some other tit alternatives. The basin is from crosswater as was the unit it sits on, the expensive top on the unit, taps, taps for my bath and plugs and other tit. So I said “look this is not a cheap basin, I’ve bought loads of stuff from crosswater here, they need to get their customer service sorted out, this bathroom is already delayed because we were waiting on their products and they have the audacity to send me a dud one and now want me to wait at least another 2 weeks?...I have an Instagram account you know” I chortled to myself and then died a little bit inside. I imagine all 12 of my followers would be outraged!!I? 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
To be fair I totally understand where Fod Is coming from and the power of Instagram...
🙋‍♀️ Confession time. Last week I was having a new bathroom fitted and it turned out my basin had a blemish. The company I bought it from said it’s gonna take at least 2 weeks and offered me some other tit alternatives. The basin is from crosswater as was the unit it sits on, the expensive top on the unit, taps, taps for my bath and plugs and other tit. So I said “look this is not a cheap basin, I’ve bought loads of stuff from crosswater here, they need to get their customer service sorted out, this bathroom is already delayed because we were waiting on their products and they have the audacity to send me a dud one and now want me to wait at least another 2 weeks?...I have an Instagram account you know” I chortled to myself and then died a little bit inside. I imagine all 12 of my followers would be outraged!!I? 😂😂😂
Point taken but my motto is: what’s good for the goose...

thing is, that’s appalling customer service so you are well within your rights to showcase your disappointment in any (legal) way you see fit. FOD and the ilk would lay the groundwork first such as discounts, freebies etc before even contemplating getting stuff installed.

that’s the ‘privilege’ of an influencer and one that turns me off using businesses who subscribe to such cheap antics. In all seriousness, I do need new carpet for my stairs and landings and was considering them but because of this, they can bugger off.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.