Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many good things listed here I had forgot I hate.

I missed my number one... gets me angry...

KITTEN HEEL 😡🤮

Nothing wrong with a heel, nothing wrong with flats... everything wrong with the kitten heel.
Agreed. I hate them. They don't flatter anyone.

Reactions: 9
I hate the trend for tops that aren’t full length, some tops look full length then when you put them on you realise they’re not, it’s odd. Always disappointing when I see a top I really like only to realise it’s a got a short hemline. No body needs to see my stretch mark covered Flabby baby belly, absolutely no one, not even me. Also trying to find tops and shorts of an appropriate length for my SEVEN year old daughter is getting increasingly difficult due to how clothing designers seem to want kids to dress like mini adults these days. Creeps me out some of the stuff I’ve seen in the kids section and why is it boys get shorts of a sensible length whilst girls get shorts that barely cover their arses? Pisses me off might start buying bits from the boys section next time if I can get a way with my daughter not noticing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
I hate the trend for tops that aren’t full length, some tops look full length then when you put them on you realise they’re not, it’s odd. Always disappointing when I see a top I really like only to realise it’s a got a short hemline. No body needs to see my stretch mark covered Flabby baby belly, absolutely no one, not even me. Also trying to find tops and shorts of an appropriate length for my SEVEN year old daughter is getting increasingly difficult due to how clothing designers seem to want kids to dress like mini adults these days. Creeps me out some of the stuff I’ve seen in the kids section and why is it boys get shorts of a sensible length whilst girls get shorts that barely cover their arses? Pisses me off might start buying bits from the boys section next time if I can get a way with my daughter not noticing.
My pet hate, River Island seems the worst! All crop top and hot pants 🙈

Reactions: 8
My pet hate, River Island seems the worst! All crop top and hot pants 🙈
This is another of my pet hates, with gym wear. Whilst I'm not fussed about needing to cover myself up in a big long baggy top, I am not a 20 year old Gymshark model and don't particularly want to wear a matching pastel set of leggings and a crop vest or even worse, a crop long sleeve top. Why can't I buy a bloody gym top that covers my belly button?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Organza sleeve tops - reminds me of those fishies with the bulging bubble eyes?
Also makes me worry that you'd catch fire if you moved your arms too quickly

• Haha
Maxi/midi dresses or skirts that come with a HUGE slit up the front or side. I can’t tell you how long I’ve been looking for a nice maxi dress for summer only to find every single one I like the print or cut of, has a huge bleeping slit in it. I’m so sick of this trend it needs to die not everyone wants a full on leg out thanks.

Reactions: 19
Not sure if it counts as an actual trend but I don't understand people who have expensive designer bags and shoes but then wear them with cheap £15 PLT (or the like) clothes which just look bad quality and poorly made.

Reactions: 13
Laminated brows
OTT contouring
Overly frilly clothes
Cold shoulder anything
The man bun
Men in short skinny jeans with loafers and bare ankles
Big beards (always imagine they're filthy)
The "false" look (huge lips, injected cheekbones/chin etc)
manbags as above

Maybe I'm just getting old :sneaky:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This.

to me, this is the kind of control underwear my mum used to put on under her dress for a Christmas party. It was most definitely underwear and not the kind you would want anyone to see! And now I see girls out wearing this as an outfit..... no. Just no. It looks ridiculous!!!!!!
I once saw a girl at a bus stop wearing a skin-coloured unitard. I thought she was naked. She was beautiful and had a great figure and still looked awful. Also, a trend I noticed last year, not sure if it's still a thing, but fishnet skirts. Literal fishnet, completely transparent skirts. Bonus points if its neon. It's not a good look, on anyone. :ROFLMAO:

Also bit personally offended at everyone saying beards. My husbands Sikh and has a long beard, he washes it everyday with shampoo and then styles it with beard oil. It's certainly not dirty! He even ties it up for work. 😁

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Girls wearing their hair down and slicked back like brushed back wet look 🥴

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Hipster beards
Eyelashes that are excessively thin or thick
Purple/pink/bright red/blue hair in anyone over the age of about 30. Tolerable in those under that age, but only just.
Orange tans
Massive fake eyelashes
Duck face and the fact that girls don't smile in photos anymore, just do that stupid pout face
Guys with jeans round their arse and pants on show. Just the whole style of dress that Justin Biber wears, no effort or thought put into into, just looks completely slobby
Tattoos, esp on face/neck
Crocs/Birkenstocks
Shoes with no socks (men)
T-shirts with random numbers/slogans on them
Wearing baseball caps indoors (usually men)
Women wearing shorts out and about on the high street which are so short you can see their arse cheeks. Same women who wear low cut tops and then complain about men staring at their boobs.

Worst of all...cold shoulder tops!!! Why, just why?

I'm sure there's loads more I have forgotten.

Girls wearing their hair down and slicked back like brushed back wet look 🥴
Yes! There was an awards ceremony last year, maybe the Oscars or Golden Globes, and so many of the woman had that hairstyle going on. Ruined the whole look.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yes to the ugly orthopaedic trainer trend. I’m a bit of a sneaker freak and these things kill my soul when I’m shopping online and see so many of them.

I blame Kanye, who’s married to Kim. It all comes back to them, doesn’t it?! Absolute arseholes 😠
I HATE those trainers. They look like something elderly people wear.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not sure if it counts as an actual trend but I don't understand people who have expensive designer bags and shoes but then wear them with cheap £15 PLT (or the like) clothes which just look bad quality and poorly made.
sorry 😪

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.