Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This.

to me, this is the kind of control underwear my mum used to put on under her dress for a Christmas party. It was most definitely underwear and not the kind you would want anyone to see! And now I see girls out wearing this as an outfit..... no. Just no. It looks ridiculous!!!!!!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Sliders and socks

beards

Long hair on men

crocs

anything camouflage

Big chunky jewellery

twinning with your kids, or worse friends uNless it’s fancy dress

massive over done eye brows on women

Reactions: 15
Lots of gold jewellery layered up. There’s a very very thin line between influencer and chav mum.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Chunky 90s trainers

The typical “Insta make up GOALZZZZ” Nope. It looks ridiculous.

man buns -DISGRACE.

Bum bags worn on shoulders (wtf.)

Extreme facial grooming in males (very much prefer a beard to be a big more rugged and natural. Clinical beards = major turn off)

Fake tan - yet to see anyone look good.

Lip fillers / facial fillers -sigh.

Skin tight skinny jeans on men - call me simple. I remember the days of boys/guys wearing a bagger jean?!

the ultimate offence in my view:

Men wearing cut off skin tight trousers, boating shoes with their wee bare ankles on display. Look usually complete with blazer, extreme hair cut and clinical beard and over plucked brows.

Probably called Seb or Jed and would be at the horse racing with his boys... all dressed the same.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The cycling shorts and huge chunky trainers thing is obviously a 90s retro thing which a) I hate because it was 30 years ago so I feel very old to remember it from the first time round and b) it's ugly as sin and I never wore that tit when it was in fashion the first time when I was the right age for it!

Other hates:
Groucho Marx eyebrows
V pale lipstick with over tanned skin
Ridiculously expensive Balenciaga t shirts that are basically plain white t shirts
Really low cut booby tops and dresses
Those navy and white striped "slider" bloody chav flip flop things, particularly when worn with socks
Sandals that look like fluffy slippers grrrrrrrr

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The cycling shorts and huge chunky trainers thing is obviously a 90s retro thing which a) I hate because it was 30 years ago so I feel very old to remember it from the first time round and b) it's ugly as sin and I never wore that tit when it was in fashion the first time when I was the right age for it!

Other hates:
Groucho Marx eyebrows
V pale lipstick with over tanned skin
Ridiculously expensive Balenciaga t shirts that are basically plain white t shirts
Really low cut booby tops and dresses
Those navy and white striped "slider" bloody chav flip flop things, particularly when worn with socks
Sandals that look like fluffy slippers grrrrrrrr
yes to the fluffy slipper!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Men with long hair or a man bun, bonus points if it’s slicked back on top as well, like this.

338A2B97-FBC9-477B-B301-045B1DF5F265.jpeg

Oversized jackets and coats etc, I have never seen anyone actually look good in one.

Athleisure - the lazy woman’s way to pretend she made an effort. 😂😂

The scouse brow. Often they are drawn on way too thick.

Lace up heels and sandals. They are way too much of a faff and always try to slide down your leg after a long period of time.

679D0B86-436E-494C-B886-BFC9442E02D5.jpeg

Michael Kors bags, the Burberry of the late 90s for millennials. 😂😂

Bum bags or bags worn around the waist. I think unless you are wearing one with a blazer, it ruins the silhouette of your outfit.

Perspex heels and shoes in general. I have a couple of pairs and like their versatility but the pure market saturation of them is making me change my mind. 😂

Thong bikinis! Most people you see wearing them do not have the figure required to pull them off. What happened to a nice Brazilian brief cut or a hipster/high waist bikini bottom?!

Also, not really a fashion trend, but linked. I subscribe to Vogue and Elle magazine and love reading them to escape reality and look at the beautiful photography and people. I don’t want the models to look more normal as many are saying. I enjoy the escapism and looking at pretty things - whether people or objects!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
This.

to me, this is the kind of control underwear my mum used to put on under her dress for a Christmas party. It was most definitely underwear and not the kind you would want anyone to see! And now I see girls out wearing this as an outfit..... no. Just no. It looks ridiculous!!!!!!
Looks like the costumes the Gladiators used to wear on the TV programme.

“Gladiators...READY!”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Men with long hair or a man bun, bonus points if it’s slicked back on top as well, like this.

Perspex heels and shoes in general. I have a couple of pairs and like their versatility but the pure market saturation of them is making me change my mind. 😂

Thong bikinis! Most people you see wearing them do not have the figure required to pull them off. What happened to a nice Brazilian brief cut or a hipster/high waist bikini bottom?!
I don't like those Perspex heels either, again it's a Kardashian/Jenner trend, they do look tacky.

Thong Bikini's, always reminds me about how much dental floss I have... 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ripped clothes, the kind where it looks the designer made a pretty dress and then took a pair of scissor and cut it all up. Why? Why do that? I also don't like the exposed back of an outfit.

Reactions: 6
61k6K4nMzNL._UY395_.jpg

Nude platform heels..so dated
mariah-carey-news-photo-1590516641.jpg

Jeans with the waistband cut off (and also those heinous style of tops!)
20200604_104443.jpg

Visible bra straps especially when it's the wrong colour and sticks out like a sore thumb
DuumfJWUYAE0LzD.jpg

Obvious over lined lips with a darker lip liner
ashanti-fur-1589742201.jpg

Real fur 🤬🤮😡🤢
download.jpeg

Lace up or peep toe boots
gwen-stefani-von-dutch-cap-2003-getty-images.jpg

Trucker hats
HTB1Fs1Xa2vsK1Rjy0Fiq6zwtXXaT.jpg

Bootcut Jean's
download (2).jpeg

Cheap, wet downtrodden uggs
gettyimages-1209679016.jpg

Pleather jumpsuits

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.