Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many a wardrobe malfunction with them - I have learnt my lesson 😂

I can't stand crop tops - when will they go away??? Definitely not a good look for me as a 34F.

I can't even wear slightly cropped T shirts as my boobs just take up the whole thing and it looks like I'm trying to wear a 3 year olds t shirt!
I second that, lol
Also anything with buttons where no space for boobs was left.

Reactions: 2
I second that, lol
Also anything with buttons where no space for boobs was left.
Omg, not the diamond shape of doom haha. I avoid buying anything fitted with buttons up the front, doesn't seem to matter how many sizes I go up!

Reactions: 3
Puff sleeves - I went shopping today and 80% of all the tops/dresses had puff sleeves and most had sheer ones too. I am trying to detract attention from my broad shoulders and ham arms not accentuate them!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Puff sleeves - I went shopping today and 80% of all the tops/dresses had puff sleeves and most had sheer ones too. I am trying to detract attention from my broad shoulders and ham arms not accentuate them!
At the moment it seems to be that or square neck dresses/tops (n)

Reactions: 3
Aw I like puff sleeves but I feel like they balance out my hips 🙈 can understand though the frustration of not finding anything nice!!

Reactions: 1
Aw I like puff sleeves but I feel like they balance out my hips 🙈 can understand though the frustration of not finding anything nice!!
If we all liked the same thing life would be boring! It’s so annoying, always when I’m skint I fall in love with everything, we are going away for a couple of days in a few weeks for my birthday and today I was like right I’m going to treat myself to a few new outfits as not bought any clothes since way before lockdown, came back with a pair of jeans the same type I always get from Topshop and a hair clip 😂

Reactions: 5
Oh yes! I hate square necks. They do absolutely nothing for the boobily challenged among us 😂
Well, they do. Make boobs look even bigger 😂

Omg yes!! Either have to faff with a safety pin or risk a bit of indecent exposure 😂
If I wear a sports bra it’s better, but I don’t know if it’s bad for my boobs to wear a medium support sports bra 😔
I can only work out in a high support bra though 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I hated that awful trend of a slogan tshirt dress with a tuile mesh pinafore attached to it. They were everywhere last year. I thought they looked very childish, something an 8 year old would wear.

Sliders and socks
When people basically wear a bra out with an oversized jacket on top

Reactions: 5
Jeans with the knees cut out, or slashes all over.

Flesh coloured work out wear, hideous

Reactions: 2
My boyfriend’s dress sense! I love him to bits but bloody hell he dresses atrociously. He latest thing is wearing Adidas bottoms (the ones with the zip by the ankle) tucked into his socks, I’ve actually said to him I’m not going out with you when you wear that. I think he’s a bit ocd because when I first met him he wore the same outfit every single day. Thing is he’s a good looking guy and looks really nice in a shirt and jeans, I had to force him to wear them for my sister’s 40th. He’s kept the jeans but took the shirt back. A few years ago I would never had gone out with someone with bad dress sense but my cousin said stop being so shallow as beggars can’t be choosers 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Also, not really a fashion trend, but linked. I subscribe to Vogue and Elle magazine and love reading them to escape reality and look at the beautiful photography and people. I don’t want the models to look more normal as many are saying. I enjoy the escapism and looking at pretty things - whether people or objects!
Preach! I thought I was the only one! When I buy Vogue etc I want to see Kate Middleton lounging on a chair in Mustique wearing a tiara and diamonds, I want an article about an exclusive holiday location I can’t locate on the map that has a base rate of £20,000 a night, I want to read about the latest beauty treatment that requires catching the souls of kittens and literal stardust. Absolute escapism and beauty!
If I wanted real life I’d buy Heat and look in the mirror.

I would also include the weird ‘under boob’ trend and those underwire bikini tops that have a weird upside down V in the middle of your boobs. Also high waisted bikini bottoms.

As well, can we stop fashion photography that sexualises siblings? The Jenner and McGregor sisters I’m looking at you.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.