Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dangerhair is usually dyed badly in unnatural colours, and cut badly in short, choppy styles to look “edgy”

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Jeggings
Crop tops
Trousers too long a la Victoria Beckham. Such a safety hazard and they look sloppy.
Grenson boots (or a boot for the MOD/FOD thread participants 😉)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Jeans full of holes and splits at the knees, usually very expensive but look like ready for the landfill.

Reactions: 3
Chokers, I didn't get it in the 80's and I still don't understand.

Acid wash jeans and tie-dye shirts both look tit and they look super tit together.

People who wear Dr Martens. Only slightly cool in the 90's because the emo kids wore them but these are for labourers! They are not a fashion statement.

These strong eyebrows that people think look cool but just looks tit

Saggy pants that sit round your knees, I don't want to see your skidmarked underwear

ANything wear your tits or ass is hanging out. Yes you might be super hot but it's not a cute look

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Chokers, I didn't get it in the 80's and I still don't understand.

Acid wash jeans and tie-dye shirts both look tit and they look super tit together.

People who wear Dr Martens. Only slightly cool in the 90's because the emo kids wore them but these are for labourers! They are not a fashion statement.

These strong eyebrows that people think look cool but just looks tit

Saggy pants that sit round your knees, I don't want to see your skidmarked underwear

ANything wear your tits or ass is hanging out. Yes you might be super hot but it's not a cute look
The DMs with the mom jeans and the belt 🤢

Reactions: 3
Jeans full of holes and splits at the knees, usually very expensive but look like ready for the landfill.
I don't get the ones with massive holes, where a big part of the leg is pretty much falling off. A hole from mid tigh down to the shin, what's that about

Reactions: 5
I don't get the ones with massive holes, where a big part of the leg is pretty much falling off. A hole from mid tigh down to the shin, what's that about
You mean something like this?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Clothes for kids that are just shrunken adults clothes. River Island I’m looking at you. My child is a CHILD. She has no need for puff sleeve tops or bloody cycling shorts 😫. She’s 2!
My 8 year daughter thinks I'm evil because I won't let her wear anything from River Island. She's a child, she doesn't need to be showing her arse off. Boils my piss the way girls' clothes are being sexualised. Or maybe I'm just old-fashioned?

Reactions: 14
My 8 year daughter thinks I'm evil because I won't let her wear anything from River Island. She's a child, she doesn't need to be showing her arse off. Boils my piss the way girls' clothes are being sexualised. Or maybe I'm just old-fashioned?
Dunno, when I was a child all I wore was cycling shorts and leggings? That was a very normal thing for children to wear back then, don't see what's sexualised about it?

the kids clothes there creep me out!! So inappropriate for children.

Reactions: 4
Dunno, when I was a child all I wore was cycling shorts and leggings? That was a very normal thing for children to wear back then, don't see what's sexualised about it?
From what I've seen it's mainly cropped tops, hot pant style shorts, etc. Might just be me showing my age though!

From what I've seen it's mainly cropped tops, hot pant style shorts, etc. Might just be me showing my age though!
I had a real quick look and the cycling shorts seem normal length. They are comfortable and I think absolutely appropriate for kids. Just because something is tight doesn't mean it's meant to sexualise anything. The one thing I saw that's maybe not that great are short denim shorts, which are pretty stupid, denim is not exactly comfortable, always cringe when I see babies and small children wearing jeans.

Reactions: 4
Messy buns worn outside the house
Fake tans
Them little man bags that some look like they have wrapped round their chest
When someones parting starts waaay over one side of their head so their whole hair looks like a comb over
Men in skinny jeans
Men who wear shorts but then team it up with a puffer jacket or a padded gilet...in the winter
Big long nails..like how do you wipe your arse?
Lip fillers

This was something people used to do at school that puzzled me...Adidas tracksuit bottoms tucked into a pair of socks, teamed with a Ben Sherman shirt and a pair of Rockport boots 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

And one more....highlighter. why do you need a shiny nose?

Chunky trainers
Velour/Juicy Couture tracksuits
I had a fake Juicy tracksuit when I was 17 and they were all the fashion. Thought I was so sexy in it with my tiny little clutch shoulder bag clamped under my armpit 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
White jeans
Orthopaedic trainers
Bootcut jeans
Tacky random slogans like ‘Bonjour’ or ‘Gym? I thought you said gin!’ 🤮🤮🚶🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.