Fashion Mumblr - Josie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did they burn the garden waste. With covid aren't all garden bonfires banned due to breathing difficulties. Also they bang on about sustainability but Charlie was or did burn the broom as it wasnt a good one

She only went and did a large food shop at waitrose in the last day or so, why did they need to go shopping again.

She must be getting paid a whack from topic to warrent a 7 min video for them. Another dull video

Reactions: 9
I did giggle when he said that in the video it was comedy gold as he shot a look at the camera he isnt as confident as he would like us to believe....it was such a corny thing to say I was embarassed for him 👀

ps if you close your eyes he sounds like Harry Potter and if you open them it’s a 12 year old boy in a mans clothes sporting a fake moustache.... by Christmas he will be sporting a handlebar one and a cravat now he’s lord of the manor....what a plonker 🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh my god. Charlie thinks they need to go on a first aid course. Mate, your house is a 20 minute drive from the A&E in Banbury. That’s probably closer than most folk in the country.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Nope. She just seems to have multiple rings as shes a fan of the bling but no wedding or talk of a wedding.
If you want a normal regular wedding you don't need to spend a fortune on it, they can always make it even in their new house, once things are better looking. But most likely she wants a big lavish weeding preferably all sponsored as the others influencers... So of course she is not not going to rush it

Reactions: 5
I found it so weird they are so obsessed with the garden I find that when most people move the garden is the last thing you do. But after the comments about the wedding I think they are planning on holding the reception in the garden next summer.

Reactions: 7
I only recently discovered this page, it’s great! The house thing is driving me insane, never seen such a show off. And don’t get me started on Charlie. He’s awful! Their engagement was all a big show anyway for her Be my Bride venture. I think they’re using money as an excuse for no wedding but really I just think they’re in no rush/can’t actually bear the thought of getting married to each other.

I think some of you probably under estimate how much she will actually be earning. Her affiliate links alone will bring in a lot of money. I found a blog on them and with that RStyle one she uses you get a minimum 10% on sales and cookies stay in peoples browsers for a month. I’m by no means suggesting I think her income is enough to afford and maintain that house all on her own though!!

Hi everyone! Regular reader and now finally registered. They've annoyed me since the Kilimanjaro debacle which I find very embarrassing for someone with such prestigious education or whatever it is. And in that last Waitrose haul video she just butchered all the Italian food names to the point that I was screaming at the tv. Wouldn't she learn basic Italian if she studied fashion? I mean this is just general cultural knowledge, at least where I come from and we're usually looked down upon as Eastern Europeans. Makes me livid!
It's these small things that really show class IMO. Still a bit better than chavvie Lidl and Aldi and their wonderful Long Jeans watches though.
Freddy did mention during that ski trip that Josie is a certified ski instructor something like that so that shows she did grow up with some money, but I'd say parents were the first generation with money and they invested in her but they didn't have the background and breeding to pass on a lot of knowledge, such as how to pronounce gnocchi 😬😬

• Haha
I found it so weird they are so obsessed with the garden I find that when most people move the garden is the last thing you do. But after the comments about the wedding I think they are planning on holding the reception in the garden next summer.
I agree.

Josie seems to me like a real "planner" and I think she is milking this house for all it's worth at the moment (showing it one room at the time 🙄) and after she has received all the attention from her minions and all the home related gifts from companies she can get, she will focus her attention on monetising her wedding and turning her garden into a pretty backdrop for her ceremony is a logical first step in that direction.

That's smart thinking on her part, I have to give her that. Victoria planned her wedding and her move to the countryside at the same time, leaving her stressed and dissatisfied, because her wedding didn't get the attention she felt she deserved.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Or they're having issues getting free stuff for the house given the current situation. Doing some gardening is cheaper than furnishing the rooms or painting the walls with Farrow and Ball.

Reactions: 10
Or they're having issues getting free stuff for the house given the current situation. Doing some gardening is cheaper than furnishing the rooms or painting the walls with Farrow and Ball.
That's a very good point too.

I was also wondering: where do they get all these new plants from?

I'm Dutch, so I have no idea how things are organised in the UK at the moment. Are you allowed to visit a garden centre? Do they even have garden centres nearby or are they allowed to go to them by car?

Reactions: 4
I’ll just put this out there - keep clearing your cookies for Safari on iPhone all the time .
It might delete some saved passwords for some websites but At least you won’t be giving 10% of your purchases anywhere . Because if these plonkers will do a swipe up link for amazon today - you will look at it and close it , then 25 days later you will open amazon from your app and do a big order - they will still get your 10% in that shop . And it’s the same with any other website ..

I’m thinking maybe it’s worth creating a separate thread with all the tricks that influencers do to get more money out of us .. I don’t know that many but maybe there are someone who is more knowledgeable on this topic .
there more people know this stuff the better !

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm not sure what's open around their house but there are definitely shops that will post plants or perhaps farms with plant nurseies that can sell the plants because they also have a farm shop and therefore fall into the 'essential business' category.

F&B paint: 64 GBP per 2.5L pot (~75 EUR).

With 3m ceilings, a say 4x6m room and 2 coats plus primer that would be over 400 GBP... honestly that's just insane! I don't think any of the influencers would be painting their whole house in that paint if it weren't gifted, they might even get the painting done for free too as I've heard it's not easy to apply evenly and F&B would want the result to look good.

Pretty plant including postage: much, much less!

I think this is the real Josie 90% of the time: her hair in a bun, black leggings (while she claims she never wears black 🤔), a hoody (she said she didn't own 🙄) and house slippers (so not the expensive Todds she said she'd use around the house):

20200506_112322.jpg

She looks perfectly fine to me, but not exactly like the prim and proper lady of the manor she makes her older gullible American audience believe she looks 😉.

(Disclaimer: I don't look down on older American ladies from the countryside at all, it's just that her minions seem to think that the whole of the UK only consists of "Downton Abbey"-manors, surrounded by "Beatrix Potter"-cottages 🥴.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Shes not going for F&B she always mentions Crown paint

Agree re the garden for a wedding . I reckon its planned for next year and they are doing it up now so.all the plants will be in bloom

Yes I did wonder where they got their plants from. Farm shops that are quite large Have shut near us so dpnt know about them but the 'farm's when they got eggs was a cool box in a porch so hardly a farm shop

Reactions: 6
Shes not going for F&B she always mentions Crown paint

Agree re the garden for a wedding . I reckon its planned for next year and they are doing it up now so.all the plants will be in bloom

Yes I did wonder where they got their plants from. Farm shops that are quite large Have shut near us so dpnt know about them but the 'farm's when they got eggs was a cool box in a porch so hardly a farm shop
Then probably online... they don't seem to be delivery shy at the moment. I like to collect hoyas and I've been eyeing up a possible new addition, however I won't order really unneccessary things until I'm not putting people at risk doing so.

Well, at least that paint isn't 64 GBP per pot. By now I feel so disillusioned by influencers that the first thought that comes to mind is that she chose the brand because she thought it would be easier to sell to followers in the current economic climate... or they've promised her a free delivery when situation normalises a little... or F&B have reduced their spending on influencer marketing and she's begging for freebies from a brand she thinks she'll have better luck with.

I think this is the real Josie 90% of the time: her hair in a bun, black leggings (while she claims she never wears black 🤔), a hoody (she said she didn't own 🙄) and house slippers (so not the expensive Todds she said she'd use around the house):

View attachment 124123
She looks perfectly fine to me, but not exactly like the prim and proper lady of the manor she makes her older gullible American audience believe she looks 😉.
She looks frine to me too but I agree, not like the image she like to show.

I really wonder how many influencers are going to survive the economic downturn. Seeing videos of them buying (more likely spending a gifted voucher on) expensive dress after expensive bag after exensive pair of shoes seems really distasteful at the moment... I'm also not sure how many influencers will be able to continue doing so if brands cut their marketing budgets this year.

On the other hand, so many influencers have spent years building up this image of being rich and able to afford whatever designer item they want, selling people a lifestyle they would like to have but will likely never achieve, that suddenly having to cut back spending and still create content that their audience wants to see will be hard for them, given the expectations they've built up.

Last edited:

I'm Dutch, so I have no idea how things are organised in the UK at the moment. Are you allowed to visit a garden centre? Do they even have garden centres nearby or are they allowed to go to them by car?
Garden centres are closed. Some DIY stores are open and sell a limited range of plants but couldn't be classed as essential journey. Otherwise it's mail order.

Reactions: 3
You can always tell when a potential lucrative business deal fell through for Josie: she starts to smear them in her vlogs.

She has been doing this with Revolve for ages and recently she started with F&B and Anthropologie. She is quite petty and vindictive I'm afraid.

She did show a clip of one of her influencers meeting and it said that there is an up turn of spending on lounge wear, self care products and skin care so if people follow links they will get money. Sadly I dont think there will be an end of influencers as people are driven by consumerism.

You can always tell when a potential lucrative business deal fell through for Josie: she starts to smear them in her vlogs.

She has been doing this with Revolve for ages and recently she started with F&B and Anthropologie. She is quite petty and vindictive I'm afraid.
She did admit that she kind of stole that light shade got a refund form them but never sent it back!!!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She did admit that she kind of stole that light shade got a refund form them but never sent it back!!!
But still managed to look like the victim, while Antropologie was the bad guy 🤪🤣.

In France, if the garden center sells pet food, you can go.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.