Fashion Mumblr - Josie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding Charlie (it's his voice that irritates me the most, Ali Millen is way more likeable even with the horrible beard-wife), if it's true what has been mentioned few days ago about his sister being well connected with the right jobs in the right places, that's probably why Josie puts up with him, but the next year in the new house might put that to the test. Before she turned herself all pink and beige with fake pearls on every item of clothing, she seemed fun and was fairly attractive and quite sporty. Would have been a better match for a guy like Niomi's (royal connections) Joe, at least she would have fed him properly.

Reactions: 8
It's such a beautiful house, but I'm already bored with it. You need a special talent to make that house look dull, but they pulled it off 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I recommend anyone interested in the darker side of the Charlie-Josie relationship to watch this (surprisingly still undeleted) vlog:

Back in 2016 Josie and Charlie were invited to the premiere of the tv series Victoria at Kensington Palace. It was a rare opportunity that I'm sure Josie was looking forward to immensely.

At the 4:34 minute mark in the vlog, you can see she's taken her makeup off and has been crying. She's trying to smile through it, and has been trying to soothe herself with a stuffed animal and various beauty treatments, but you can clearly tell she's emotionally in pain. She essentially explains that when she came home to get ready for the event, Charlie had been drinking quite a bit, they had a nasty argument, and he stormed out of the door, presumably to drink some more with his friends somewhere else, for who knows how long.

Charlie ruined her evening and she was too emotionally upset to go to the event.

Red flags:
-there is evidence of a regular pattern of Charlie's alcoholism "we do argue and normally it's alcohol related"
-Charlie torments her further by throwing tantrums, disappearing without telling her where he's going and how long he will be gone until, causing her to worry about his well-being (psychological abuse)
-signs of a pattern of him becoming belligerently drunk and disruptive when he stumbles back home late "hopefully he doesn't wake me up when he comes in later.."(15:15 minute mark)
-she shames herself for being upset about it, dismisses her own need to emotionally process the situation "sorry if I'm a little bit puffed up" "I'm not gonna lay here moping around, that's definitely not my style" "sorry today's vlog has been a little bit of a downer" "hope you don't mind this vlog being a little more negative Nelly (referring to herself)"
-she allows his bad behavior to negatively impact her happiness and career
-she uses materialism as a salve for psychological and emotional distress
-is willing to quickly forgive his egregious behavior to keep up the facade of a happy couple "but hopefully Charlie and I will make up tomorrow morning and alllll will be forgotten and forgiven...because yeah we've got the lovely weekend in the Cotswolds..."

I honestly feel sorry for her, because nobody deserves this kind of toxicity, particularly from a partner. I appreciate her courage to be open and vulnerable, but why she stayed with him through all of this I wish I knew. As someone who has experienced abuse, I can clearly see the pattern, the narcissism, the abuse of power, the lack of general respect and consideration towards Josie and the dogs that Charlie exhibits, and I find it deeply concerning. She should get out of that relationship or risk a lifetime of turmoil. Maybe things are better now, simply because Josie has more financial power int he relationship now, but true narcissists don't change.
I truly hope he hasn’t gotten some help for her sake but wasn’t he drinking beer the other night?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I recommend anyone interested in the darker side of the Charlie-Josie relationship to watch this (surprisingly still undeleted) vlog:

Back in 2016 Josie and Charlie were invited to the premiere of the tv series Victoria at Kensington Palace. It was a rare opportunity that I'm sure Josie was looking forward to immensely.

At the 4:34 minute mark in the vlog, you can see she's taken her makeup off and has been crying. She's trying to smile through it, and has been trying to soothe herself with a stuffed animal and various beauty treatments, but you can clearly tell she's emotionally in pain. She essentially explains that when she came home to get ready for the event, Charlie had been drinking quite a bit, they had a nasty argument, and he stormed out of the door, presumably to drink some more with his friends somewhere else, for who knows how long.

Charlie ruined her evening and she was too emotionally upset to go to the event.

Red flags:
-there is evidence of a regular pattern of Charlie's alcoholism "we do argue and normally it's alcohol related"
-Charlie torments her further by throwing tantrums, disappearing without telling her where he's going and how long he will be gone until, causing her to worry about his well-being (psychological abuse)
-signs of a pattern of him becoming belligerently drunk and disruptive when he stumbles back home late "hopefully he doesn't wake me up when he comes in later.."(15:15 minute mark)
-she shames herself for being upset about it, dismisses her own need to emotionally process the situation "sorry if I'm a little bit puffed up" "I'm not gonna lay here moping around, that's definitely not my style" "sorry today's vlog has been a little bit of a downer" "hope you don't mind this vlog being a little more negative Nelly (referring to herself)"
-is willing to quickly forgive his egregious behavior to keep up the facade of a happy couple "but hopefully Charlie and I will make up tomorrow morning and alllll will be forgotten and forgiven...because yeah we've got the lovely weekend in the Cotswolds..."

I honestly feel sorry for her, because nobody deserves this kind of toxicity, particularly from a partner. I appreciate her courage to be open and vulnerable, but why she stayed with him through all of this I wish I knew. As someone who has experienced abuse, I can clearly see the pattern, the narcissism, the abuse of power, the lack of general respect and consideration towards Josie and the dogs that Charlie exhibits, and I find it deeply concerning. She should get out of that relationship or risk a lifetime of turmoil. Maybe things are better now, simply because Josie has more financial power int he relationship now, but true narcissists don't change.
I saw the video some time ago and was glad to not to have to see him all the time back then, which completely has changed since they live in the new house, unfortunately. He's an alcoholic, that's well known, else she wouldn't talk like this "we do argue and normally it's alcohol related". He abuses her for money, for a substitute for his mother, obviously, (hence the 'manchild') and who knows for what else -, which is disgusting, but she's the one who let's it happen. If such incidents occur once, ok - every couple argues from time to time - but this seems to happen over and over again as she admits. It's a clear alcohol issue, and she should never ever even think about marrying him. I do pity her as well, but also, it irks me that she's so ignorant, that she hasn't thrown him out yet. She doesn't need him, right! She'd be so much better off without him. I think, this is a rather masochistic disorder, which has its roots in her childhood (without being too analytical here). However, frankly, no mentally healthy woman would let herself being treated like this over a longer period of time, right! He's a narcissist and an abuser, he's simply up to no good!

Some more of "the real Charlie" at the very end of this video (from 29:00 minutes onwards). She dares to "criticize" him on something small and he completely lost his cool. The mask came off and the toxic man was visible for all to see 😱.

Why she kept this disturbing scene in the video I really don't know.
She calls him a 'plonker' and his reaction to that - haha - what a lovely relationship they have :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
I saw the video some time ago and was glad to not to have to see him all the time back then, which completely has changed since they live in the new house, unfortunately. He's an alcoholic, that's well known, else she wouldn't talk like this "we do argue and normally it's alcohol related". He abuses her for money, for a substitute for his mother, obviously, (hence the 'manchild') and who knows for what else -, which is disgusting, but she's the one who let's it happen. If such incidents occur once, ok - every couple argues from time to time - but this seems to happen over and over again as she admits. It's a clear alcohol issue, and she should never ever even think about marrying him. I do pity her as well, but also, it irks me that she's so ignorant, that she hasn't thrown him out yet. She doesn't need him, right! She'd be so much better off without him. I think, this is a rather masochistic disorder, which has its roots in her childhood (without being too analytical here). However, frankly, no mentally healthy woman would let herself being treated like this over a longer period of time, right! He's a narcissist and an abuser, he's simply up to no good!
True, but emotional abuse usually starts small and before you know it you are so brainwashed that you start to see this as "normal", especially if you have been trained from childhood to accept this behaviour from your parent(s).

It is a toxic "dance" between a narcissist and a codependent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I find her dishonesty outrageous! These influencers would never get away with this in the real world! Did none of these influencers learn from Amelia getting hauled over the coals by the press for fake photos back in 2017?! Luckily she had a father who likely hired a legal team or professionals to response to those reports in the press. Something along the lines of Amelia visited all the destinations (the the photoshopped images!) jeez we need a journalist to do write about this lot! Wish one of the American reaction vloggers would pick up on Josie, ITF and Lydia and Claire chanelle ... they do a good job on some of their reactions. There an English chap that did a one of reaction to an American weight loss channel .. amberlyn Reid ..wish I could recall his name?! He’s so a great job on this bunch. Tom ?
You need to add Lorna Luxe to that list ..she’s as fake as fu**

I cannot stop staring at her lip injections.. she must have just gotten them injected within the last 48 hours.. :cautious: 💋

( While she films ) Being that uptight and overly proper must be exhausting... I couldn't do it... so boring my god

Does little man make her food everyday... I only see her bake once in a while.. so he is the chef.

She states on the lighting she doesn't want modern but points out modern style lights... she keeps saying
Soho lights.. Meghan Markle referencing again. She must be obsessed with the royals. Her taste level
is off. The house will go to tit soon...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Made me laugh in today’s video at the very end where Charlie talked about Molton Brown products , Josie said “ Packaging looks very masculine, maybe you should put them in your office space “ . What does Charlie need office space for ? Sharpening his special knives ? Browsing overpriced bed linen online stores ? Polishing his 1057533 pairs of shoes?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
True, but emotional abuse usually starts small and before you know it you are so brainwashed that you start to see this as "normal", especially if you have been trained from childhood to accept this behaviour from your parent(s).

It is a toxic "dance" between a narcissist and a codependent.
Exactly, first they alienate you from your support circle 'wouldn't you rather spend time with me?' or 'you're always out with your friends, we hardly get to see each other' and then they undermine you. By the time you see it you don't know who to turn to and how to get out of the situation or convince yourself that you won't do any better anyway.

Red flags:

Awful 😩 sounds like my ex. I really hope she sees sense

Awful 😩 sounds like my ex. I really hope she sees sense
Probably not. Just imagine how confusing it is for her that her followers think that she is so lucky to have him because he is "a winner", when all you want to do is hit him with one of his 1057533 pairs of shoes every time he opens his mouth 🥴.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok. Today she hasn’t even tried to hide the fact that she’s copying Lydia Elise Millen. She said she found a similar bathroom light fixture to hers on this ‘premium’ website and immediately went to the downstairs loo to see if it would work. No love, it’s 1930s in style.

• Haha
Ok. Today she hasn’t even tried to hide the fact that she’s copying Lydia Elise Millen. She said she found a similar bathroom light fixture to hers on this ‘premium’ website and immediately went to the downstairs loo to see if it would work. No love, it’s 1930s in style.
All the other influencers have new builds they are desperately trying to turn into a period house with tacky add-ons and they were all secretly green with envy when they saw that Josie had managed to buy "the real deal", but what does Josie do?

She blindly follows the herd and slowly but surely turns this gorgeous house into Lydia's chavy bungalow 🙄.

Reactions: 11
I think these two should switch houses! That would be a funny thing to watch.

Reactions: 3
Have just skimmed over today’s video and there’s over 10 mins of them just vacuuming... bloody hell😂😂😂

I have the same Dyson ....always has Dyson from when they cane out but the problem I had was “training” Cleaner’s to use them properly and with care. Mine got damaged by the cleaner last year and it took a while for us to realise - My husband and I do a an annuao
maintenance of house things and that we discovered the Dyson was damaged etc the agency came out with the cleanse after is sent photos and cleaner admitted she hadn’t used it correctly ..long story short I can afford to buy new Dyson annually and from a sustainability perspective I don’t want to. Also I feel bad my cleaner who I always pay extra now and again can’t afford a bloody Dyson! Long winded point in trying to make is they really don’t appreciate what they get gifted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.