Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My husband would never wear those tight little shorts. He wears tailored or sports shorts to the knee or below... def. not in pink either. BUT I have a real man. There are men who use women for their money and get it on the side hint hint... he seems the type. Plus he is a recovering alcoholic... he thinks he is sexy... His little 6 pack and little pink shorts that Josie brags about while he is digging in the dirt... I laugh watching it.. total clown show... it's like watching two clowns try to be sophisticated....:rolleyes:
You should probably continue to lurk since your spelling is atrocious. Um pink is a feminine color... I do have golfing friends who wear it, but Charlie's shorts are extremely tight and very short on him so yes I am judging by the cut and length.. As for my "outdated opinion" as you say, clearly you cannot read properly. I took into account his obsession with women's clothing as well as men, the constant judging her outfits and making comments on them constantly, and his demeanor towards her everyday.
Yikes, Vashtea, keep your knickers on. No need to be so vitriolic to fellow posters. If you go back and reread my post, you’ll see that I agree with you that Charlie’s behaviour is effeminate (or ‘metro’ I think I specifically said) but I disagree that he isn’t a ‘real man’, as you say, because he wears pink. Yes, it is a traditionally ‘feminine color’, but the opinion that men can’t wear pink and be ‘real [men]’ (again, I’m quoting you now to demonstrate that I CAN read, despite your assertions otherwise 🤣) is an outdated one. Sorry, but it just is these days. Perhaps that is not what you meant but it is what you said and it’s ok to be misunderstood, it doesn’t mean the other person ‘can’t read properly’. Come on now, dear.

Although I feel it was a slightly cheap shot to have a go at my spelling when I’m typing quickly on a forum and not writing a Harvard referenced essay, I can forgive you that because you seemed to be pissed off that I didn’t agree with you about the pink thing. In all seriousness, I hate sloppy spelling so please enlighten me as to what my errors were so I can add them to my iPhone (but also bear in mind I write in British English so ‘colour’ is correct).

Now, back to the subject at hand, their relationship just does not seem normal at all! As someone said earlier, not everyone likes PDA, but I’ve always felt that there is a real level of coldness between them. Nothing about their lifestyle seems at all sincere, including their relationship. I think they’re clinging onto each other to try and maintain this idealistic lifestyle, using each other to paint a certain image of themselves, but surely they can’t keep that up forever? That cannot be sustainable?

I’m also a few days behind but love how they keep referring to everything in home hauls that is ‘British made’ and making a real point of it. If they’re hinting about reducing their carbon footprint, then perhaps they might want to begin by reducing their excessive amount of brand trips!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

overthinkingit

I have some scalding hot tea for you all...

Ever wondered how Josie and Charlie somehow had special access at Royal Ascot year after year?
D9XL_F6WsAA0rVa.jpeg

Charlie Irons' sister, Scarlett Irons has been a marketing assistant for Ascot Racecourse since 2017

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 6.21.05 PM.png

but wait, it gets better.

Wasn't it curious how Charlie Irons had brand deals with Tom Ford Beauty when he was just getting his blogging career off the ground? Or what about Josie's marketing internship at Mulberry (In 2013, shortly after she began dating Charlie)?

I present Scarlett Irons' LinkedIn profile:

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 6.22.58 PM.png

just going to throw this out there :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 6.34.55 PM.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Annesophie

I didn’t watch many videos prior to the moving ones, and I have to admit I watched all the vlogs and insta stories.
I am part enjoying it, part watching so I can read and comment here !

What I cannot stand :
- The insane amount of unnecessary deliveries they get (Ok you just moved but that is not an excuse)
- The dog baby talk, just awful and debilitating.
- The undisclosed ad and product pushing.
- The mystery around her mom staying in the guesthouse. If so, just say it. It’s ok that she moved in if it was the plan you had from the start, lockdown or no lockdown.
- Presenting things as if she got there all by herself, working hard to fund her dream home. Parents usually help their children if they can, there is no shame in that.
- The awkward chemistry between them.
- Charlie’s monologues that don’t really add anything interesting, he could be a lot more concise.
- Her awful designing ideas (mouldings) and lack of basic knowledge (priest holes during the Revolution). When you buy a listed house, you should be at least a bit curious, unless you want to sound like uneducated new money...

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Why oh why does she want to put french style faux panelling on the original panelling?!!! Is she thick or something? Totally cringe and tacky. She’s spent a fortune on that house and the guy who’s restored it to glory hasn’t held back on quality! But she wants to ruin it with gifted panelling from orca! Is she actually for real?! It’s an English traditional house there’s no need for faux panelling! What an absolute idiot. The house is so beautiful it speaks for itself. sacrilege.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Syd20

Syd20 sounds just as racist as Josie. I cannot stand ignorance.
Always some idiot has to say some racist nonsense and show their low level mentality.
That makes me want to leave this thread. It's disgusting. How do you report people?
People have privilege because they work for it or was given that. Not by the color of their skin!
Vashtea again I apologise if my comments offended you or anyone else. I am not racist. Her comments made me angry and I spoke angrily, however, if you came from a colored background you would know where I was coming from. Comments like that about coloured people are hurtful and they do make us feel that the world still treats us unequally after so many years of oppression.

And finally can I just say as a woman of color I found a tweet from someone who explains what I mean very well. Please don't think this is racist, but just try and understand where I'm coming from.
Screenshot_20200430_225803.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I always lurk and hardly ever post but her decision making is forcing me to at the moment!
Whyy is she trying to add faux panelling?! I saw the poll- there’s so many people against it, I really hope she listens! It’s awful to bastardise such a beautiful, old home in this way. It isn’t a French chateau, it’s an English rectory and should be sympathetically decorated to suit it. Can’t believe she’d even consider it.

Also, in response to a PP who said Charlie’s gay because he wears pink shorts, I do feel we’ve moved on a bit now from pink for girls and blue for boys so I disagree with that. It’s a bit of an outdated opinion. I agree he’s very metro and really doesn’t seem all that into her at all (like zero passion- they seem like 60 year olds who ‘put up with’ each other) but I don’t think pink shorts = gay, sorry. My husband is as masculine as can be and wears pale pink shorts and shirts because he looks bloody great in that colour! 🤣

Reactions: 22

WillowM

I’ll just put this out there - keep clearing your cookies for Safari on iPhone all the time .
It might delete some saved passwords for some websites but At least you won’t be giving 10% of your purchases anywhere . Because if these plonkers will do a swipe up link for amazon today - you will look at it and close it , then 25 days later you will open amazon from your app and do a big order - they will still get your 10% in that shop . And it’s the same with any other website ..

I’m thinking maybe it’s worth creating a separate thread with all the tricks that influencers do to get more money out of us .. I don’t know that many but maybe there are someone who is more knowledgeable on this topic .
there more people know this stuff the better !

• Wow
Reactions: 21

overthinkingit

Watched her last vlog with a bottle of wine, here are my unfiltered thoughts :ROFLMAO:

she smacks her lips together in a weird way when she speaks, I can't unhear it now
fumblr.jpg

who adds these kind of video transition effects anymore?? what an absolute dork

what.jpg

that dog gate contraption is super clever

Charlie's jeans are way too tight in all the wrong places

the background music is giving me cheesy beach club vibes

Charlie exudes both arrogance and insecurity, a classic combination

maybe because his ears wing out a bit? :ROFLMAO:

seriously he looks like a bat
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 8.42.44 PM.png

more edison lightbulbs to fill their house with, don't they know those are already going out of style?
Josie acts like she always knows the latest trends (just what she's fed by net-a-porter seminars), apparently not lol
let's replace all the understated, tasteful, in-proportion lightbulbs with giant Edisons, great idea :ROFLMAO:

looks like she murdered a swan to get that white feather floor lamp

Is the master bedroom where she sleeps or where Charlie sleeps? 😂

Stay in that fireplace dahhhhling Josie, we like you better there

If an intruder came in the house, what would they steal anyway? All the shit she got for free to begin with??

we don't want to see a time-lapse of you hunched over, texting set to groovy music
the kind of content nobody asked for

More pearls does not equal more class

Charlie has more than enough pairs of shoes to walk away from Josie, why hasn't that sugar baby done it by now?

Ok what the hell is that creepy laugh she does at 27:43

Josie is a woman of average intelligence with morals for sale upon request

• Haha
Reactions: 20

WillowM

Made me laugh in today’s video at the very end where Charlie talked about Molton Brown products , Josie said “ Packaging looks very masculine, maybe you should put them in your office space “ . What does Charlie need office space for ? Sharpening his special knives ? Browsing overpriced bed linen online stores ? Polishing his 1057533 pairs of shoes?

• Haha
Reactions: 18

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
View attachment 112057

knew when she was snarking on people wearing fur/leather, something’s fishy!
Her Facebook is a goldmine

Ahh man.. if she ever deletes these I got a recording of it all. Screenshots live forever. This girl is far from anything considered money. More like trash pretending to be affluent. However, she’s now self made and I will give her that.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

WillowM

They obviously now have a pink glasses period with the new house . Give it few months and they will get tired of the constant bell ringing even during the night time , they will get tired of all of the house maintenance and upkeep , house is going to look dark without ceiling lights during the gloomy UK days , it’s going to be cold AF so she won’t be able to prance around in her flowery puff puff dresses . Or you can pay an absolute fortune to have underfloor heating on all the time to keep warm . House is beautiful but not very practical to live in it . At least not for their lifestyle .

The neighbours must be thinking who are these 2 formal looking plonkers walking in the middle of the fields with white ,flowery dresses, floaty straw hats and pink shorts . If someone like that showed up to my farm house to pick up some eggs I’d be dying of laughter inside . It doesn’t look like they will fit in with the rest of the locals .

Last edited:
  • Haha

Alightened

VIP Member
Oh I'm loving this thread🤣🤣. I'm usually on Lydiot Millen's thread and a few others. It was from Lydiot's thread I heard about old "hello darling's" vlog. I've just started watching her vlogs and bloody hell, who do the pair of them think they are. It's hilarious, I'm hooked🤣🤣. I shall be frequenting this place quite often my Darling's. 👏👏😁

• Haha

Lionessbar

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...oss_on_Wye_Herefordshire_England.html#REVIEWS

I found the "spa complex" her mum used to own (since there are no reviews after 2013)
It's charming on the outside, but is a bit dated and sad looking on the inside.

I wonder where "Lady Large" moved after she gave up this business venture?
View attachment 121343View attachment 121344View attachment 121345
Having read the review of the spa it seems that she is taking after mummy dearest. Both seem quite money orientated and content to provide poor service. I like the last line of the review. "if you run a B&B you've got to like people and not be in it for just the money". Sums them up to a tee!

By the way.. Is this review from Josie's fiance for her mother's spa? Dunno if it's him but the name certainly fits!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Iris1969

VIP Member
It's such a beautiful house, but I'm already bored with it. You need a special talent to make that house look dull, but they pulled it off 😆.

• Haha

Vine

Screenshot_20200503_110640_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
That kitsch monstrosity of a painting over the traditional wood panelling sums them up perfectly👌👌 truly a picture worth 1000 words
Come to think of it, that's the direction they should probably go for to "class up" the room, how about throwing in a "Dogs playing poker" for good measure, Josie dahling?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

Annesophie

I have the receipts :devilish:

Honestly I have never seen cheaper looking fake plaster/paneling than this. Completely throws off the proportions of the room and adding more details would make the overall impression overwhelming.
She should listen to her audience and leave the walls as they are !

I thought she had a bit of taste, but I guess I was wrong.

The mouldings she wants to add are totally out of place in that kind of decor, more rococo than rectory and they will look totally weird with the curved wall and power sockets.
She needs to be consistent with what she adds so it suits the house as it is.

Have to say I think the previous owner did an amazing job at renovating, keeping the overall look and feel of the rectory and discreetly adding modern features like the heating.

What I feel is pretty stupid is that she says heating the house properly is very expensive, but also that the windows are listed, so no change possible. They are gonna freeze next winter...

Reactions: 16