Fashion Mumblr #6 Patron saint of the tone deaf and guardian of white fragility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes - because if she doesn't say "I'm sorry" (apology) but instead says "I'm sorry but..." (not an apology).
This is how a good apology is done - no ifs, no buts, no minimising experiences via reference to feelings. Josie's tweets don't give me hope. "Discussing opinions" is not the same as apologising for gaslighting and I don't understand why she'd think it would benefit her to frame it that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She had lost Caudalie. That has been confirmed.
Confirmed for now - but I don't see them parting ways after - I think they will let the dust settle and have the summer off and then come September she will back up there with them, all forgiven, she will be a 'new' person who has learned a lot along the way...and then she will back in the fold.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I don't think she has changed or understood anything. It took her three tries to get it right and that says a lot to me. If she really felt sorry and knew what she had done wrong she would have done it the correct way this morning. But no... she tried to win the argument by making herself the victim and when she failed she decided to let this one go. She knows brands are checking on her and she can't afford to lose them. She is the same girl and we will see that in the future. 😖

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's just been pointed out to her there that there are still some dodgy tweets there. This makes me think that she still doesn't understand what constitutes racist talk fgs.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Josie,
We know you are here taking cues from us.
You’re welcome but we doubt you learned anything.

• Sad
  • Heart
I'm sure this has shaken her up quite a bit and because I do wish her well, I hope she moves forward as a better person. She has to realise that everything she posts in public is public for everyone to see and up for scrutiny. Things like Zummermangate, breaking lockdown rules, making ignorant comments about the farmer, doing Weneedtotalk arrogant monologues and being tone deaf to the world around her has to stop. Escapism vlogs are great and I'm sure many appreciate them but making sure to be in touch with the real world now and than is also important. Anyway, sorry for the long post, sharing my personal opinion. Peace !♡♡♡

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Are the tweets still there? Can someone please check? She is saying she deleted them months ago?!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Goodness. She has even acknowledged THOSE tweets
It is good she’s put up a better apology. I hope it’s genuine but I know she’ll be closely watched and we will soon find out through her behaviour how much she has changed.
The tweets were still visible and searchable only this morning so I don’t buy that however least they aren’t still there!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't think she has changed or understood anything. It took her three tries to get it right and that says a lot to me. If she really felt sorry and knew what she had done wrong she would have done it the correct way this morning. But no... she tried to win the argument by making herself the victim and when she failed she decided to let this one go. She knows brands are checking on her and she can't afford to lose them. She is the same girl and we will see that in the future. 😖
Manipulation tactic number 7: the spaghetti tactic: just throw different things out there and see what sticks.

In this case: doing nothing (didn't work), play dumb (didn't work), blameshifting (didn't work), gaslighting (didn't work), gloating about being right (didn't work) and then finally the grand gesture/the epiphany/apology (seems to be working so far).

Oh and then to give an apology with a whopping lie in it. Really? 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm sure this has shaken her up quite a bit and because I do wish her well, I hope she moves forward as a better person. She has to realise that everything she posts in public is public for everyone to see and up for scrutiny. Things like Zummermangate, breaking lockdown rules, making ignorant comments about the farmer, doing Weneedtotalk arrogant monologues and being tone deaf to the world around her has to stop. Escapism vlogs are great and I'm sure many appreciate them but making sure to be in touch with the real world now and than is also important. Anyway, sorry for the long post, sharing my personal opinion. Peace !♡♡♡
I agree. I imagine this has really worried her. I really hope that it has made her realise that opinions expressed on Tattle aren't minority opinions. We're actually quite mainstream really - it's just not what she wanted to hear. I really think that she has potential to create much better content than the rest of the crew and would love to see her do it. Most of us are not here to tear her down for kicks. We're here because of the sheer frustration of being taken for idiots with the scams etc. I'll be honest - I don't like the real nastiness that does appear here sometimes but for the most part I see pretty constructive criticism. A 'what not to do' if you like.

Take this opportunity to change Josie. Come and have a chat on here with an open mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Even if she made a statement apologising unreservedly with mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa (“through my own fault, through my own fault, through my most grievous fault”) I fear many would not let her or want to let her move on. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I want her to be able to move on and be happy appreciate she has seen the world through the lens of others. I really wish no ill will against her and I hope no one else does. It saddens me that many don’t want to forgive her, I fear people want to ruin her and I think that’s just unkind. She’s made mistakes we should give her a chance to try and out those right. She could have done the east thing and simply gone underground, she didn’t. Sorry to the typos again!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Slow internet connection again?? Electricity strike in TamworthYorkshireCotswolds? Sulks in the duck pond house? Where is todays vlog ?

• Haha
Even if she made a statement apologising unreservedly with mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa (“through my own fault, through my own fault, through my most grievous fault”) I fear many would not let her or want to let her move on. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I want her to be able to move on and be happy appreciate she has seen the world through the lens of others. I really wish no ill will against her and I hope no one else does. It saddens me that many don’t want to forgive her, I fear people want to ruin her and I think that’s just unkind. She’s made mistakes we should give her a chance to try and out those right. She could have done the east thing and simply gone underground, she didn’t.
I see your point, I really do, but I also see her use some old school manipulation tactics.

This makes me think it's all for show 😪.

Manipulation tactic number 7: the spaghetti tactic: just throw different things out there and see what sticks.

In this case: doing nothing (didn't work), play dumb (didn't work), blameshifting (didn't work), gaslighting (didn't work), gloating about being right (didn't work) and then finally the grand gesture/the epiphany/apology (seems to be working so far).

Oh and then to give an apology with a whopping lie in it. Really? 🙄
And we must not forget the people who called her out on twitter. She understood she could not win this one so she acted accordingly. I hope I am wrong but I am afraid I am right 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How is she going to explain no vlog yet again. If she is so convinced or the rightness of her actions then it should be business ( in more ways than one) as usual. If she is hiding or whatever,that shows she has the wobbles.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Apparently Charlie has gone ahead and blocked everyone on Twitter. What a prat. He doesn’t have the guts to support her with a statement or instastory because he didn’t want to lose jobs/money. But he went ahead blocked everyone who called her out.
Those two are made for each other.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Are the tweets still there? Can someone please check? She is saying she deleted them months ago?!
no they are now deleted. They were there earlier today as I searched and saw them for myself. So that’s a definite lie that they were deleted months ago.

Edit- She forgot this one though....

1144BDEC-0458-4E45-BFF2-AEE51C0294AA.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.