Fashion Mumblr #6 Patron saint of the tone deaf and guardian of white fragility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meant to post this on this new thread
Hi just a word of caution re expectations about the brands supposedly distancing themselves - I think that they may let things settle down and then be reestablishing connections with Josie. Just don't want you to get your hopes up that something will "really" happen

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Thanks again Petty for hosting another thread, this one is perfection personified 💝💖💕.

* grabs a drink, kicks off her shoes and is ready for another bumpy ride *

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Meant to post this on this new thread
Hi just a word of caution re expectations about the brands supposedly distancing themselves - I think that they may let things settle down and then be reestablishing connections with Josie. Just don't want you to get your hopes up that something will "really" happen
I think the difference this time is that the complaints against her are not speculation via gossip sites. In the past she has just been able to flatly deny or ignore any questions but in this case, there's plenty of evidence in her old tweets and her gas-lighting will never work with SY. I will definitely be boycotting any brand that works with her in future and it's not like there aren't other more authentic influencers they could work with. If I was a brand PR department, she'd just be too much of a risk I'm afraid.

How much dirt do you think Josie has on other big influencers? I can't help wonder if the reason lots of them are still following her is that they know she could bring their own house of cards down pretty easily. Makes me think of that video ITF put up a while ago - in an effort to justify her own ads, she mentioned other inflencer's recent campaigns. As if to draw attention away from herself.

• Wow
At LAST! Well done Josie. You’re getting it now.
No she didn't.

Manipulation tactic number 6: quit while you still can and make it seem like you really learned something 🙄.

She took the wind right out of our sails with this one 🥴.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She absolutely hasn’t won in this situation though. I think this has made her realise that her position is precarious. One small move and the whole house comes down.

I am waiting for a YouTube video. If she tries to defend herself again, she has truly learned nothing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
at the end of the day we know a lot of the top white influencers are going to stick together. It’s like a cartel so they can keep their prices for ads high and exclude new comers and BAME. More mouths at the table means less ££ to go round. They will have stats that show their audience is mainly white and that gives them enough affiliate income to not require them to expand their audiences to be more inclusive. Basically the incentives for real change are few, hence we get all this lip service bullshit. I agree brands have short memories. The marketing and Pr world is also stuffed full of white young women who no doubt go “awww Josie is so sweet let’s send her PR *squeal*” and will ignore the fact she’s a bigot.
There’s also so many dumb sheep followers. The whole industry honestly makes me sick.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
She absolutely hasn’t won in this situation though. I think this has made her realise that her position is precarious. One small move and the whole house comes down.

I am waiting for a YouTube video. If she tries to defend herself again, she has truly learned nothing.
She's a smart cookie, I'll give her that 🥴👍.

Reactions: 3
At LAST! Well done Josie. You’re getting it now.
Wow! I would support her on this and hope it’s heartfelt and genuine. Of course it could be damage limitation ...from advice she received but I am an optimistic person and people should be given the chance to change and make good.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Here we all are,roaring through #6 .
I thought we had 50 pages in each thread,last one was only 49.

Reactions: 3
She’s literally trying to save face. She took down the other post calling us out. She hasn’t learned crap and we are just trolls 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.