Fashion Mumblr #6 Patron saint of the tone deaf and guardian of white fragility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good to see the apologies start rolling in. I do hope she genuinely apologizes to Stephanie though. Stephanie didn't deserve her nasty gaslighting. As for what she owes the world, I hope she DOES lose some brand deals to reflect how much damage she's done.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m going to choose to give her the benefit of the doubt for now, as progress has been made. Lip service or not. Brands will have seen that admission of ignorance. I may be foolish and you have permission to make me eat my words. The true test is if she lets this story run for the whole length of her IG story (24 hours or whatever it is). If not, it’s back on 👿

Reactions: 9
I appreciate what she has written. It's something. Only future will tell if she has really learned but I personally will give her a chance to show it and improve. The criticism she has gotten in the past week will hopefully be a turning point for the better. Maybe next time she gets any kind of constructive criticism she will not start playing the victim but will know how to react . Let's wait and see.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good to see the apologies start rolling in. I do hope she genuinely apologizes to Stephanie though. Stephanie didn't deserve her nasty gaslighting. As for what she owes the world, I hope she DOES lose some brand deals to reflect how much damage she's done.
She had lost Caudalie. That has been confirmed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Hm, I dunno. Actions speak louder than words. We'll see.

• Heart
at the end of the day we know a lot of the top white influencers are going to stick together. It’s like a cartel so they can keep their prices for ads high and exclude new comers and BAME. More mouths at the table means less ££ to go round. They will have stats that show their audience is mainly white and that gives them enough affiliate income to not require them to expand their audiences to be more inclusive. Basically the incentives for real change are few, hence we get all this lip service bullshit. I agree brands have short memories. The marketing and Pr world is also stuffed full of white young women who no doubt go “awww Josie is so sweet let’s send her PR *squeal*” and will ignore the fact she’s a bigot.
There’s also so many dumb sheep followers. The whole industry honestly makes me sick.
I guess at some point brands are going to work out what is most costly for them - ditching the likes of Josie or ditching BAME.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Welcome everyone to thread #6
Grab your coffee, grab a treat, and take a seat.

View attachment 147374

Thread title suggested by @SaltyCaramelTart

Photo credit @Iris1969

If you are new, please look at the thumbnail for additional info and topics. There are a ton of new ones and too many to keep up. An updated version will soon be available. 🙂

View all threads - https://tattle.life/tags/fashionmumblr/
I am honoured. It feels like just yesterday that I joined, midway through thread three. This is probably because it was only twelve days ago.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
She keeps joining this site for advice!! You are welcome Josie, any time!
What she should do now is come on here and answer our questions about this recent and past 'issues' to get things out in the open. She could take the opportunity to reset and continue her work in a much more authentic manner.

Reactions: 8
I guess at some point brands are going to work out what is most costly for them - ditching the likes of Josie or ditching BAME.
very good point. Brands run a lot more reputational risk especially with the likes of estee laundry calling them out. So many firms are admiring they employ no black people at c suite so it’s no surprising their businesses tend to only deal with white influencers

• Heart
She absolutely hasn’t won in this situation though. I think this has made her realise that her position is precarious. One small move and the whole house comes down.

I am waiting for a YouTube video. If she tries to defend herself again, she has truly learned nothing.
Yes - because if she doesn't say "I'm sorry" (apology) but instead says "I'm sorry but..." (not an apology).

• Heart
I can’t help but picture her and Charlie sitting together, him obnoxiously helping, typing, deleting, typing, until it finally sounds “believable”. I have trouble believing it’s sincere, but her actions from now on will be closely watched, that’s for sure!

• Haha
What she should do now is come on here and answer our questions about this recent and past 'issues' to get things out in the open. She could take the opportunity to reset and continue her work in a much more authentic manner.
Lydia did once and it backfired on her. These girls can't help but become defensive and then it turns ugly fast 🥴.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.