Fashion Mumblr #5 Saint Josie and the law of diminishing returns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just my point of view:

Josie’s Instagram Account like any of ours isn’t a personal account, it’s a business account, it’s a company/organization in itself, that is a medium of her earning income like an office. If tomorrow you go for a client meeting and see a racist post, will you call it out or not? That is literally the scenario here.
She has to label her posts AD because as a business she’s supposed to. we don’t have to because we are private individuals.

You guys aren’t sharing her family’s photographs, you aren’t running ads making fun of face/body. You aren’t making stories about her. You are just sharing someone’s post. You are informing her clients( you are their clients too) about her practices. If a companies is scamming someone you report it, clients are informed about malpractices.

In US senators (Atleast one I know of) were asked to resign over blackface. Was that considered bullying? No. She hasn’t even apologized for the whole thing. She is that stubborn and believes she is right.

Don’t feed into the hysteria here, I won’t apologize for calling someone out on their misdeeds. Racism isn’t a new topic, with her private education she should have been more aware of that. She wasn’t a teenager in 2013, she was 22/23. A legal adult who has the right choose the prime minister, vote etc. All she had to do was apologize. All this would have gone away but clearly she believes she is right.
Isn't it tricky with these influencers? They are brands and do sell themselves as such. But since they put their friendly faces to it, it becomes difficult to draw the line between business and person. Josie made herself a business, a brand. She has to handle it and thus herself (or whatever she chooses to share) as such. You cannot feel sorry for her sweet face if she messes up due to questionable stuff she posts publicly because it is her business that messed up. Sure, it is hard to differentiate, but she's the CEO of Fashion Mumblr. If she, Josie, as Fashion Mumblr, acts shady she ought to be held accountable - as you'd do with every other business that hasn't plastered their friendly visage all over their company. I hope you can follow... Just want to stress that you shouldn't feel bad for the person behind the brand if the person as the brand misbehaves. Do call it out. IMHO it's not personal, but factual.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It sure is very addictive, but I hope the dust will settle soon. How else will I be able to buy all that useless tat Josie is flogging, when I don't have the time to watch her vlogs properly? 😫
I think it's funny that Josie thinks it's creepy that viewers looked up the house she flaunted, while there are older ladies in America ogling her fiance.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Isn't it tricky with these influencers? They are brands and do sell themselves as such. But since they put their friendly faces to it, it becomes difficult to draw the line between business and person. Josie made herself a business, a brand. She has to handle it and thus herself (or whatever she chooses to share) as such. You cannot feel sorry for her sweet face if she messes up due to questionable stuff she posts publicly because it is her business that messed up. Sure, it is hard to differentiate, but she's the CEO of Fashion Mumblr. If she, Josie, as Fashion Mumblr, acts shady she ought to be held accountable - as you'd do with every other business that hasn't plastered their friendly visage all over their company. I hope you can follow... Just want to stress that you shouldn't feel bad for the person behind the brand if the person as the brand misbehaves. Do call it out. IMHO it's not personal, but factual.
She even says her outdoor patio is the Fashion Mumblr HQ.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
GOOD MORNING UKers & others! I am on the night shift - everyone is asleep and well - and waiting to see what the day holds for that side of the pond. LOL

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
GOOD MORNING UKers & others! I am on the night shift - everyone is asleep and well - and waiting to see what the day holds for that side of the pond. LOL
I am up and about again and just catching up on the posts here. Phew !!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am up and about again and just catching up on the posts here. Phew !!
Me too! Let’s have a productive weekend 😂

I am hoping for an online outburst from Ms. Cotswolds when emails from brands start rolling in 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Me too! Let’s have a productive weekend 😂

I am hoping for an online outburst from Ms. Cotswolds when emails from brands start rolling in 😂
I’m sure she thought she was going to get away with it and was spending the evening enjoying her rose lemonade and pizza. But likely as the emails have come in, she’s begun to realize she’s fucked up. Or just blame Stephanie for calling her out and throw a tantrum.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m sure she thought she was going to get away with it and was spending the evening enjoying her rose lemonade and pizza. But likely as the emails have come in, she’s begun to realize she’s fucked up. Or just blame Stephanie for calling her out and throw a tantrum.
She’s started the same drama other influencers were doing the last few days, “following black influencers” and highlighting them in stories. No apology in sight.

But there will be a video soon with a pity party and blaming Steph for the whole thing

Last edited:
  • Sad
It is noticeable with some gaps in her postings lately...

Reactions: 6
You have hit the nail on the head. One minute they are boogie boss babe proud difficult women (credit: lydiaelisemillengordon) with teams behind them, dealing with top brands, travelling the world, making loadsamoney, and the next they are little blogger defenceless ignorant poor me ordinary people feeling bullied.
Pick a lane!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You have hit the nail on the head. One minute they are boogie boss babe proud difficult women (credit: lydiaelisemillengordon) with teams behind them, dealing with top brands, travelling the world, making loadsamoney, and the next they are little blogger defenceless ignorant poor me ordinary people feeling bullied.
Pick a lane!
I feel like when you get a blue check mark you become a public figure. You don't get to sniffle and bemoan about not knowing how TF to act ethically and sensibly in public. Whether your public is your platforms or the local village- be.the.f*ck.have!

I don't think she has learned because she didn't delete her tweets and I have found some more questionable ones.

Update: Here is this morning's postings. I am mixed on this... She did take the time to seek out these ladies and she has been slightly honest about her viewer feedback regarding not following black creators. I still feel like she is just saving face because she is FAKE AF. She has not addressed her blatant racist tweets. Just performing to the guidelines of the blackout week.

Attachments

• 17.3 KB
  • Last edited:
    • Heart
    Tattle has been even more addictive the last few days! I find it refreshing to be among people who can make a well thought out argument, write grammatical sentences and not try to flog me something or scam me 🤣. Thank you!
    Well everyone but me can write grammatical sentences on here ...🤣 for some reason autocorrect goes mad when I type on my phone and I confess to rushing when I type! I’m just as bad on WhatsApp with friends! They have to decipher what I send! Of course I’m the opposite at work ...thankfully!

• Heart
    Reactions: 4
    I feel like when you get a blue check mark you become a public figure. You don't get to sniffle and bemoan about not knowing how TF to act ethically and sensibly in public. Whether your public is your platforms or the local village- be.the.f*ck.have!

I don't think she has learned because she didn't delete her tweets and I have found some more questionable ones.
    That’s the thing. She doesn’t think she has done anything wrong. Why else would she leave the tweets and not delete them?

Well everyone but me can write grammatical sentences on here ...🤣 for some reason autocorrect goes mad when I type on my phone and I confess to rushing when I type! I’m just as bad on WhatsApp with friends! They have to decipher what I send! Of course I’m the opposite at work ...thankfully!
    You are still better than 99 per cent of vloggers! 😍 It makes me ragey how little respect they have for their followers that they can push out editorial that is full of mistakes. Most of them have teams to help too!
    For the record I find it incredibly difficult to type on here too but my years in publishing and communications means I have to check every word 😂😂😂

• Haha
    • Heart
    Reactions: 9
    She still hasn’t opened her comments, the longer she waits the worse it will be.

Reactions: 4
    I think she was waiting for the posts to drop off Stephanie’s IG stories, so the heat is directed away from her. She’ll open comments soon.

• Angry
    Status
    Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.