Fashion Mumblr #5 Saint Josie and the law of diminishing returns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amena Khan and Munroe Bergdorf made historic tweets but they lost income/revenue by having to resign and/or being fired my LOreal... is it’s because they are WOC no one supported them? Now we are all feeling sorry I for Josie a privileged white woman? I do feel sorry for her and I agree she since 2013 she probably has a grown, but she has still been dishonest since then. Are we now all
Worried for ourselves and any repercussions because we’ve made comments on a forum or elsewhere because we’ve disagreed with her racists tweets
From the past and her subsequent dishonest business practice?
The time has gone when we turn our backs on injustices.
All this platform is doing is pointing out what Josie"s failings are and have been, the people she works with and for are entitled to know... that's all.
I said earlier I didn't want to see anyone loose their livelihood, job or career but she's ultimately accountable for her own actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think we can all agree that we don't wish Josie any harm, but her scamming tactics and unapologetic behaviour has come to a head. This forum gives the public an opportunity to express their disappointment and to warn others about ongoing issues. I very much hope that she will change her ways and apologise in the very least. It may not mean much at this point, but at least its something. Way to go Steph!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
is this considered bullying? Asking for a friend.
No, we are calling a person out and that may feel like group bullying, but for it to be bullying it must happen repeatedly over a period of time and there has to be a power imbalance too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I wanted to mention, Josie does sometimes upload videos but set them to unlisted when they're not ready to be published yet. The same thing happened for the Lilysilk ad not too long ago, where she talked about her morning routine in the new house. I presume it's because Lilysilk needed to confirm they liked her video? Anyway, she must have her own reasons for not uploading today's video. Perhaps she needs time to address everything she brought upon herself... It's not easy to apologize, but it sure is rewarding after one gets over the difficulty of shoving aside that huge ego.

As a student currently enrolled at a top Canadian university, I can confirm, that is true. What's worse is that plagiarism CANNOT be removed from one's academic record like a criminal offense can be erased from a criminal record. THAT is how serious plagiarism is.
You think she’ll apologize? You think she’ll spin this any way but being a victim?!

I have several hustles. In one of them, if you get caught copying work, you’re let go, no questions asked. In my three other hustles: you’ll be sued. In one, youll not only be sued, but find it difficult to create future projects because no one will trust you.

and she did this to two sodding black women.

I think we can all agree that we don't wish Josie any harm, but her scamming tactics and unapologetic behaviour has come to a head. This forum gives the public an opportunity to express their disappointment and to warn others about ongoing issues. I very much hope that she will change her ways and apologise in the very least. It may not mean much at this point, but at least its something. Way to go Steph!
exactly. Maybe this is not the line of work for her if she cannot do it honestly

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know, as a sollicitor so am I, but that doesn't meam that I never met people that blatantly lied to my face in court too.
That also made me chuckle too! Reminded me of my first maybe second time at the County Court as a trainee solicitor - chap on the other side also a trainee solicitor lied to the Judge! Said we hadn’t replied to his firms correspondence ..We had! This is after we had chatted about the case before going into chambers! Put me off litigation forever! Almost put me off the law !

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Josie is no newbie to outing people/companies on social media herself. I struggle with feeling empathy for her and then feeling a bit like but she’s only getting what she gives type thing.
Examples the Mirabeau fiasco, she tagged the poor girls personal account and was willing to set the masses on her! She didn’t care then if that girl felt so overwhelmed by the onslaught that she’d do anything to herself or be upset etc, also on her Twitter she’s been tagging the people/companies that are late on paying her invoices. Using her following to shove her weight around. I’ll out you to the masses if you don’t pay up! 🙄🙄.
Now she could if she loves legal threats so much raise a small court action to get her money, can DIY that level of claim in the UK easily/cheaply and it would likely settle immediately. But she doesn’t she publicly brands them which isn’t cool.

Sort your dirty laundry in private please. It’s how a real lady of the manor would handle such situations 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
You think she’ll apologize? You think she’ll spin this any way but being a victim?!

I have several hustles. In one of them, if you get caught copying work, you’re let go, no questions asked. In my three other hustles: you’ll be sued. In one, youll not only be sued, but find it difficult to create future projects because no one will trust you.

and she did this to two sodding black women.

exactly. Maybe this is not the line of work for her if she cannot do it honestly
I'm an optimistic person, so if Josie realizes the harm she's caused and owns up to her mistakes, I will be happy to accept genuine apologies. I'm here on this forum because I am hoping she will become a better person and upload better content one day. If you never hear from me on this forum again, I've given up and moved on. LOL!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
She shows her privilege well when she's in such a bubble of adoration from some of her followers that she really believes she can do no wrong and that any questions asked are bullying.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just my point of view:

Josie’s Instagram Account like any of ours isn’t a personal account, it’s a business account, it’s a company/organization in itself, that is a medium of her earning income like an office. If tomorrow you go for a client meeting and see a racist post, will you call it out or not? That is literally the scenario here.
She has to label her posts AD because as a business she’s supposed to. we don’t have to because we are private individuals.

You guys aren’t sharing her family’s photographs, you aren’t running ads making fun of face/body. You aren’t making stories about her. You are just sharing someone’s post. You are informing her clients( you are their clients too) about her practices. If a companies is scamming someone you report it, clients are informed about malpractices.

In US senators (Atleast one I know of) were asked to resign over blackface. Was that considered bullying? No. She hasn’t even apologized for the whole thing. She is that stubborn and believes she is right.

Don’t feed into the hysteria here, I won’t apologize for calling someone out on their misdeeds. Racism isn’t a new topic, with her private education she should have been more aware of that. She wasn’t a teenager in 2013, she was 22/23. A legal adult who has the right choose the prime minister, vote etc. All she had to do was apologize. All this would have gone away but clearly she believes she is right.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Uhh I don't feel sorry for her - she is an educated woman who has been working in the business for many years. She earns A LOT OF MONEY. She lives in a VERY EXPENSIVE HOME and also HAS A FLAT IN LONDON, she gets to travel the world. No I don;t feel sorry for her - she should have welcomed Stephanie and said lets work together...etc. used her platform for something good - not just more dresses and water hoses. FYI - do not confuse the above with me wishing anyone harm - I do not wish anyone harm
I agree, but there is always a teeny-tiny part of me that empathizes with the pain and stress people feel when they feel cornered by a lot of people.

As an adult, she is who she is as a result of her upbringing, her character and the choises she makes and I don't think she wants to grow as a person, but she must hurt just the same.

That doesn't excuse her behaviour though and she must be made accountable for her actions.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just my point of view:

Josie’s Instagram Account like any of ours isn’t a personal account, it’s a business account, it’s a company/organization in itself, that is a medium of her earning income like an office. If tomorrow you go for a client meeting and see a racist post, will you call it out or not? That is literally the scenario here.
She has to label her posts AD because as a business she’s supposed to. we don’t have to because we are private individuals.

You guys aren’t sharing her family’s photographs, you are running ads making fun of face/body. You aren’t making stories about her. You are just sharing someone’s post. You are informing her clients( you are their clients too) about her practices. If a companies is scamming someone you report it, clients are informed about malpractices.

In US senators (Atleast one I know of) were asked to resign over blackface. Was that considered bullying? No. She hasn’t even apologized for the whole thing. She is that stubborn and believes she is right.

Don’t feed into the hysteria here, I won’t apologize for calling someone out on their misdeeds. Racism isn’t a new topic, with her private education she should have been more aware of that. She wasn’t a teenager in 2013, she was 22/23. A legal adult who has the right choose the prime minister, vote etc. All she had to do was apologize. All this would have gone away but clearly she believes she is right.
Exactly. Behave ethically or face the consequences

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello! New to posting on this thread. I used to follow Josie but got so fed up with her not disclosing things that I eventually reported her to the ASA a year or so ago. I got nothing back from it. She convinced them that she was squeaky clean but reminded her of the rulesand I decided not to watch or follow her any more. But since this thread picked up and she moved I've dipped in and out. And today WOW!

I think that people do and say stupid things when they are young. BUT this isn't really about just that is it. This is about her stealing the words of two women and not crediting them properly. Then deleting something to fit her aesthetic. But for me the worst thing is that when she has been called out she has refused to apologise, accept her errors or grow. Instead she had gaslighted and then reposted her square but made it all about herself. She has basically said that bullying (of her I assume in this case referring to being called out by Stephanie) is as bad as years of racism suffered by POC. She has deleted comments (from shewears fashion specifically) calling her out. She wants to behave however she likes with no comment. No criticism.

What the actual duck? Yes her sponsors need to be made aware of this. She never gave a tit about BLM. She was posting in line with everyone else and actually I don't think her views ally with the black community. She was doing it to make herself look good. If not she would accept her mistakes and grow/learn. She says she has been educating herself. Bullshit because if she had she would see the error of her ways rather than pulling the bullying card.

And now she's posting pictures of pizza. She doesn't give a duck. She thinks she is above everyone else and if she isn't called out she will just walk away from this. Which is white privilege at play. She has done so many shady things. Over the years but even in the last few weeks. The wine message that she put on her stories and breaking lockdown being just a couple.

So to anyone feeling bad about contacting her sponsors, DON'T. She bloody well needs to be taught a lesson and the only way to get through to her is through her wallet it would appear. She thinks of herself as a brand and if any other brand behaved like this, people would call them out.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She has the gall to post this. Apparently your mistakes and your thoughts don’t define you. This is what privilege is. All the people of color who died because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So many of them jailed for years for petty crimes while rich white men get away scott free.

B3265FD1-6749-4EA9-AF37-075F3532E26D.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She has the gall to post this. Apparently your mistakes and your thoughts don’t define you. This is what privilege is. All the people of color who died because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So many of them jailed for years for petty crimes while rich white men get away scott free.

View attachment 146766
It’s 100% to get these young white women and old white women to say “awww you’re so rights. It was a mistake. These are mean mean bullies!”

• Sick
  • Heart

View attachment 146766
So your thoughts don't define you, but your habits do.

Ok let me see: so it's OK to have racist thoughts, because they are just thoughts, but my habit of leaving my washing too long in the washing machine defines me 🤔.

This is gaslighting 2.0 🤯.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

View attachment 146766
Is this a pathetic attempt to beg for forgiveness? She hasn't even apologized.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Just my point of view:

You guys aren’t sharing her family’s photographs, you aren’t running ads making fun of face/body. You aren’t making stories about her. You are just sharing someone’s post. You are informing her clients( you are their clients too) about her practices. If a companies is scamming someone you report it, clients are informed about malpractices.

Hello! New to posting on this thread. I used to follow Josie but got so fed up with her not disclosing things that I eventually reported her to the ASA a year or so ago. I got nothing back from it. She convinced them that she was squeaky clean but reminded her of the rulesand I decided not to watch or follow her any more. But since this thread picked up and she moved I've dipped in and out. And today WOW!

I think that people do and say stupid things when they are young. BUT this isn't really about just that is it. This is about her stealing the words of two women and not crediting them properly. Then deleting something to fit her aesthetic. But for me the worst thing is that when she has been called out she has refused to apologise, accept her errors or grow. Instead she had gaslighted and then reposted her square but made it all about herself. She has basically said that bullying (of her I assume in this case referring to being called out by Stephanie) is as bad as years of racism suffered by POC. She has deleted comments (from shewears fashion specifically) calling her out. She wants to behave however she likes with no comment. No criticism.

What the actual duck? Yes her sponsors need to be made aware of this. She never gave a tit about BLM. She was posting in line with everyone else and actually I don't think her views ally with the black community. She was doing it to make herself look good. If not she would accept her mistakes and grow/learn. She says she has been educating herself. Bullshit because if she had she would see the error of her ways rather than pulling the bullying card.

And now she's posting pictures of pizza. She doesn't give a duck. She thinks she is above everyone else and if she isn't called out she will just walk away from this. Which is white privilege at play. She has done so many shady things. Over the years but even in the last few weeks. The wine message that she put on her stories and breaking lockdown being just a couple.

So to anyone feeling bad about contacting her sponsors, DON'T. She bloody well needs to be taught a lesson and the only way to get through to her is through her wallet it would appear. She thinks of herself as a brand and if any other brand behaved like this, people would call them out.
👏 Couldn’t agree MORE with these two posts. This is the deception of influencers, they want you to believe it’s just little Josie getting torn down for making a mistake. Sorry but Josie and her social channels are businesses. Businesses that have a brand and have to deal with the consequences of its customers (followers and public) being unhappy at what they see. This business negotiates deals with other businesses to advertise their products and services. So if the owner is big and ugly enough to hold negotiations and deals and savvy enough to build a business that is profitable then that business and it’s owner should be able to handle robust criticism. I don’t feel bad that people have pointed out to her clients what she has done. It’s not a one off, there’s a catalogue of problematic behaviour. those businesses can decide whether to work with her and we can in turn judge whether we want to buy from businesses that place ads with such an influencer.
Actions have consequences and it’s not our fault she has chosen to respond the way to criticism she has.

Caroline Flack is not a fair comparison. Caroline was not running a business that happened include showing bits of her personal life. The press delved into it. Josie and other influencers choose to show of their lives to sell ad space to brands to make you want to buy those products. That’s the business model. No one is forcing her to run her business that way. So if she fucks up and loses clients that’s her problem. She should manage her business and the way it responds better.

I don’t see someone in a fragile state who is apologetic. I see someone who is necking pizza and probably laughing at all the fuss. Unless you feel sorry for Sephora and Milk makeup etc etc getting called out then I wouldn’t feel bad for any influencers who are ultimately businesses. They have no professional standards THATS the real issue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She's never going to apologize. Has she ever apologized for scamming her fans??? NOPE. Don't hold your breaths.

👏 Couldn’t agree MORE with these two posts. This is the deception of influencers, they want you to believe it’s just little Josie getting torn down for making a mistake. Sorry but Josie and her social channels are businesses. Businesses that have a brand and have to deal with the consequences of its customers (followers and public) being unhappy at what they see. This business negotiates deals with other businesses to advertise their products and services. So if the owner is big and ugly enough to hold negotiations and deals and savvy enough to build a business that is profitable then that business and it’s owner should be able to handle robust criticism. I don’t feel bad that people have pointed out to her clients what she has done. It’s not a one off, there’s a catalogue of problematic behaviour. those businesses can decide whether to work with her and we can in turn judge whether we want to buy from businesses that place ads with such an influencer.
Actions have consequences and it’s not our fault she has chosen to respond the way to criticism she has.

Caroline Flack is not a fair comparison. Caroline was not running a business that happened include showing bits of her personal live. The press delved into it. Josie and other influencers chose to show of their lives to sell ad space to brands to make you want to buy those products. That’s the business model. No one is forcing her to run her business that way. So if she fucks up and loses clients that’s her problem. She should manage her business and the way it responds better.

I don’t see someone in a fragile state who is apologetic. I see someone who is necking pizza and probably laughing at all the fuss. Unless you feel sorry for Sephora and Milk makeup etc etc getting called out then I wouldn’t feel bad for any influencers who are ultimately businesses. They have no professional standards THATS the real issue.

<3 <3 <3THANK YOU!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.