Fashion Mumblr #5 Saint Josie and the law of diminishing returns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this comment is going to get me so much hate from you all but I truly do think you’re all taking it a step too far trying to ruin her career and jeopardise her brand deals.
If you don’t like josie don’t watch her videos or follow along with her life, let alone try to ruin her career. This is mass bullying, and it’s things like this that put so much pressure on people in the spotlight they end up like Caroline flack. I’m sure every single one of you at SOME point in your life has made a remark that someone would deem as racist. Leave the poor girl alone. She made the comment in 2013. People grow, people make mistakes.
Josie grew so much that on Tuesday, she plagiarized content created by black women! We MUST hold people accountable for their actions if they don't do so themselves. Would you say the same about Derek Chauvin, who murdered George Floyd? He committed so many assaults during his years as a cop. Should we not hold him accountable? Will he learn and grow if we slap him on the wrist and let him on his way? Seems like you're missing the entire point of the BLM movement.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Really? I Am a lawyer and know we (particularly barristers in the UK) are paid to opine on matters and put together an argument for together for a case. This doesn’t mean lawyers twist things.
Oh but they do. I've been gobsmacked by it on many occasions.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She’s posting about eating pizza for dinner. She’s not bothered.
I would very much imagine that’s she’s bothered, if she’s had messages from Caudelie etc, but she wouldn’t want anyone on here/on Instagram to think that...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know this comment is going to get me so much hate from you all but I truly do think you’re all taking it a step too far trying to ruin her career and jeopardise her brand deals.
If you don’t like josie don’t watch her videos or follow along with her life, let alone try to ruin her career. This is mass bullying, and it’s things like this that put so much pressure on people in the spotlight they end up like Caroline flack. I’m sure every single one of you at SOME point in your life has made a remark that someone would deem as racist. Leave the poor girl alone. She made the comment in 2013. People grow, people make mistakes.
Amena Khan and Munroe Bergdorf made historic tweets but they lost income/revenue by having to resign and/or being fired my LOreal... is it’s because they are WOC no one supported them? Now we are all feeling sorry I for Josie a privileged white woman? I do feel sorry for her and I agree she since 2013 she probably has a grown, but she has still been dishonest since then. Are we now all
Worried for ourselves and any repercussions because we’ve made comments on a forum or elsewhere because we’ve disagreed with her racists tweets
From the past and her subsequent dishonest business practice?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Josie grew so much that on Tuesday, she plagiarized content created by black women! We MUST hold people accountable for their actions if they don't do so themselves. Would you say the same about Derek Chauvin, who murdered George Floyd? He committed so many assaults during his years as a cop. Should we not hold him accountable? Will he learn and grow if we slap him on the wrist and let him on his way? Seems like you're missing the entire point of the BLM movement.
Just an fyi - if you plagiarize content at university you will fail the course you are enrolled in AND also face a disciplinary panel and maybe get kicked out of university

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's not that we "don't like" her. It's that she is perpetuating toxic behavior and refuses to acknowledge it.

She was publicly racist. She plagiarized black women on a Black Lives Matter post. She tried to gaslight a black woman who expressed her concern about Josie's behavior. She refuses to own up to any of it. She deletes comments of people who ask her to do better, when she could have easily pivoted into a post promising to spend more time evaluating her own privilege and noting that she made careless remarks in the past, but that she has grown since then, realizes the harm racism causes, and dedicated herself to learning even more in the future. That's on her - we're not twisting the narrative at all.

If she won't listen to her followers, or to Stephanie (notice how Josie initially claimed she didn't want to comment on the protests because she didn't feel educated enough on the subject? And Stephanie had provided all kinds of resources to educate would-be-allies? But instead, Josie got defensive and tried to put the blame on Steph?), or to anyone, maybe she'll listen to her brand partnerships.

Honestly, do what feels right to you. But racism thrives in silence, and I feel it's necessary to do what I can to call it out. Maybe it'll change Josie's perspective, maybe it won't, but at least I won't have stood by while a barely-even-performative influencer continues to speak over marginalized voices for cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I felt sorry for her. I wrote about it yesterday, but today, when she was being condescending towards Stephanie, it went out of the window again. And it's hasn't been the first time that happened to me either 🥴.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It's not that we "don't like" her. It's that she is perpetuating toxic behavior and refuses to acknowledge it.

She was publicly racist. She plagiarized black women on a Black Lives Matter post. She tried to gaslight a black woman who expressed her concern about Josie's behavior. She refuses to own up to any of it. She deletes comments of people who ask her to do better, when she could have easily pivoted into a post promising to spend more time evaluating her own privilege and noting that she made careless remarks in the past, but that she has grown since then, realizes the harm racism causes, and dedicated herself to learning even more in the future. That's on her - we're not twisting the narrative at all.

If she won't listen to her followers, or to Stephanie (notice how Josie initially claimed she didn't want to comment on the protests because she didn't feel educated enough on the subject? And Stephanie had provided all kinds of resources to educate would-be-allies? But instead, Josie got defensive and tried to put the blame on Steph?), or to anyone, maybe she'll listen to her brand partnerships.

Honestly, do what feels right to you. But racism thrives in silence, and I feel it's necessary to do what I can to call it out. Maybe it'll change Josie's perspective, maybe it won't, but at least I won't have stood by while a barely-even-performative influencer continues to speak over marginalized voices for cash.
exactly! Stephanie gave her an opportunity on a silver platter. If she know what was best for her, she’d have said, “you know what? Stephanie is right. This was a toxic thing to do. Guys, I don’t feel comfortable making educational posts myself because I’m learning myself. Stephanie is well spoken and educating us for free. Please check her out!”

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wanted to mention, Josie does sometimes upload videos but set them to unlisted when they're not ready to be published yet. The same thing happened for the Lilysilk ad not too long ago, where she talked about her morning routine in the new house. I presume it's because Lilysilk needed to confirm they liked her video? Anyway, she must have her own reasons for not uploading today's video. Perhaps she needs time to address everything she brought upon herself... It's not easy to apologize, but it sure is rewarding after one gets over the difficulty of shoving aside that huge ego.

Just an fyi - if you plagiarize content at university you will fail the course you are enrolled in AND also face a disciplinary panel and maybe get kicked out of university
As a student currently enrolled at a top Canadian university, I can confirm, that is true. What's worse is that plagiarism CANNOT be removed from one's academic record like a criminal offense can be erased from a criminal record. THAT is how serious plagiarism is.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry could you just clarify how you would define mass bullying?

Would you be saying this if this was say French Connection for example? Would you feel sorry for a brand if they had made racist comments on social media and would you continue to trust them? Because that's what this is all about. Josie refers to herself as a professional; indeed her work has paid her very well but she has sacrificed TRUST along the way. There is literally no sincerity from her whatsoever. Laughing at her followers whilst she flouts lock-down rules and literally hiding Charlie's sister. Consistently failing to declare what is and isn't a purchase or a gift. And to top that all off, comings up with a way to scam her followers via ebay. Are you really saying that calling her out for such things is mass bullying? Because that would mean that every complaint made to every Customer Services team is also bullying. I honestly think it's time there was some additional regulatory body for influencers as the lies and deception are just ridiculous now.

• Heart
I‘ve just caught up on the threads (no notifications AGAIN - does anyone else have this problem?) and I cannot believe what she wrote to Stephanie!
Looks to me she is 100% sure that she is untouchable. When they get away with enough things I am not surprised someone would think that.
I have to say, well done you guys for doing the work that you did!!! Proud to be here in the company of such fabulous, intelligent people with integrity!
As for plagiarism, where I come from, you would be expelled from uni immediately upon discovering that you plagiarized someone‘s work - I‘ve seen it happen.

is this considered bullying? Asking for a friend.
Do you mean is arguing a point of of a client bullying or the issue of whether people contacting brands that Josie works with? If you mean the latter, I personally don’t think it’s bullying but possibly there is an argument that a site like this incites members ...the counter argument is the site promotes anti racism, breach of ASA/CMA rules and supports the consumer who is possibly being duped by influencers.

To add arguing a case or opinion of behalf of a client is not bullying - it’s up to the lawyer on the other side ti challenge.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That made me chuckle! I kind of get what you’re saying but as I said lawyers are paid to opine and argue the point from their client’s perspective.
I know, as a sollicitor so am I, but that doesn't mean that I never met people that blatantly lied to my face in court too.

Last edited:
I agree that I wouldn't personally want to ruin her brand deals or business relationships - That doesn't feel right to me, which is why I didn't send Stephanie's story to anyone

HOWEVER, I will hold her accountable for the way she reacts to situations, her comments and the way she deals with social issues. I think the whole point of the current debate in the world is to be held accountable whether in public or in private. Most of us choose to lead private lives where we are judged and dissected by our friends/family/colleagues, for better or worse. If you have chosen a path to be in the public eye then surely you cannot expect there to be no scrutiny in the things you say and do.

My way with words is harsh and if that causes offence I apologise but this whole situation between COVID-19 and BLM has had a personal effect on all our lives and as a public figure she has a duty to raise light to these issues whether she likes it or not, except she continues in life like nothing has happened or the world around her is somehow exempt from these issues by either not discussing it/providing sources for her followers to be informed (if she herself needs that education too) or by breaking lockdown and dismissing the notion that she is putting others at risk because there are bigger issues in the world (alcoholism and depression)

I like all of you wish her nothing but the best and want her to succeed, but a harsh wake up call needs to be made for her to realise that we aren't all living in the most perfect cotswold bubble and that most of us have to face some pretty harsh realities in life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I felt sorry for her. I wrote about it yesterday, but today, when she was being so condescending towards Stephanie, it went out of the window again. And it's hasn't been the first time that happened to me either 🥴.
Uhh I don't feel sorry for her - she is an educated woman who has been working in the business for many years. She earns A LOT OF MONEY. She lives in a VERY EXPENSIVE HOME and also HAS A FLAT IN LONDON, she gets to travel the world. No I don;t feel sorry for her - she should have welcomed Stephanie and said lets work together...etc. used her platform for something good - not just more dresses and water hoses. FYI - do not confuse the above with me wishing anyone harm - I do not wish anyone harm

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.