Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In response to trying to shut tattle down. vlogs are the problem, these influencers could just do sit down videos in one room of their house to show us what products companies have sent to bribe them into giving glowing reviews. They could be honest with how they’ve come into their possession & if it’s worthy of us spending our money on. The problem is when you’re being bribed with cash or vouchers everything is the best. Does it matter if it’s free or a voucher? If I like something I’ll buy it regardless of how they got it. I actually enjoy a show and try on more as they are more informative & I enjoy the styling aspect of them. I don’t need to see her gardening in a dress or eating dinner in it to decide if I like it. However, I guess it’s the vlogs that pull in the viewers & keep them watching & they need the viewers to sell to. By filming vlogs and their day to day life they open their doors & invite us into their personal life, homes and relationships. We go on a journey with them to get married, move homes & have families. With vlogs they show us more of their personalities & with everyone there is good & bad sides, nobody is perfect but by doing so they also expose the parts of their life they don’t want us to see. This is why since she’s been vlogging everyday this thread is gaining so many new readers. If they were so good at selling they wouldn’t need to do vlogs & give away their privacy in exchange for money & freebies. The only reason you would so carelessly give away your address & show the contents & layout of your home is to gain interest, viewing figures & followers. It’s human nature for people to be interested in how people live their lives. These young people live so far from reality with million pound houses, sports cars, luxury goods & they don’t achieve it or pay for it in the standard way that people are used to seeing. People like to escape their own reality which is why reality tv programs are so entertaining but so damaging to the participants, because they make celebrities out of untalented people who do not deserve fame & glamourise materialism. The majority of ladies their age don’t live these extravagant, wealthy lifestyles, there’s literally millions of them all over Instagram competing & trampling all over each other trying to gain the same success because they see it as an achievable route to fame, fortune and a life time supply of freebies but it’s not free it comes at a price to your privacy & mental well-being. You see if with Z list celebrities, they have to keep selling their private lives to magazines/tabloids to keep the cash rolling in to fund the lifestyles they’re accustomed to. I don’t see vlogs much different to reality programs on tv. They film their personal life & edit it how they want to present it. They dress up for filming their content in clothes they’re paid to wear, their homes are just a TV set filled with stuff they’re paid to show. The snippets of their personal life are edited & used to pull you in & gain trust and popularity with the intention to sell, sell, sell to their viewers. They deceive their viewers into thinking that this is reality. Watchers are anticipating what the next big reveal is like a soap opera. They use clock bait to grab your attention & hook you in. Then they don’t like it when people treat them like soap opera characters. They become almost a character of themselves that they’ve created. These influencers are like modern day celebrities, there’s not really any difference to Katie price selling her wedding & life to OK magazine than YouTubers selling their wedding & life for subscribers as both generate money. With public people there’s always going to be an interest. You can’t shut every website down. People used to buy gossip magazines but now it’s mainly online & anyone can start a conversation. There’s always going to be a tweet, comment or a review or some place on the internet for people with similar views to talk and gossip about things that they have a mutual interest in. It’s not up to them if their comment section is a positive place, it’s feedback from their viewers. Comment sections are for us to use not them & we should be able to use it as we like or we’ll end up places like this. It’s fine to delete aggressive or bullying ones or ones that give away your location but you can’t delete ones that disagree with your actions or expose your deceitfulness to fit your narrative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
="Hilary, post: 1459634, member: 51658"]
Comment sections are for us to use not them & we should be able to use it as we like or we’ll end up places like this. It’s fine to delete aggressive or bullying ones or ones that give away your location but you can’t delete ones that disagree with your actions or expose your deceitfulness to fit your narrative.

Many have commented and had comments removed.Not all were aggressive and most merely pointed out the truths of the adverts and so on. Of course there should be differing comments,we are not all minions... but if these comments are removed..what then ?! She cannot face the truth.
Just by removing anything slightly negative shows her vast insecurity and inability to be real.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The comment section isn't there for her audience, not even for her loyal fans. It's solely there to show companies how high her engagement rate is, so she'll be a good investment from their point of view.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
In response to trying to shut tattle down. vlogs are the problem, these influencers could just do sit down videos in one room of their house to show us what products companies have sent to bribe them into giving glowing reviews. They could be honest with how they’ve come into their possession & if it’s worthy of us spending our money on. The problem is when you’re being bribed with cash or vouchers everything is the best. Does it matter if it’s free or a voucher? If I like something I’ll buy it regardless of how they got it. I actually enjoy a show and try on more as they are more informative & I enjoy the styling aspect of them. I don’t need to see her gardening in a dress or eating dinner in it to decide if I like it. However, I guess it’s the vlogs that pull in the viewers & keep them watching & they need the viewers to sell to. By filming vlogs and their day to day life they open their doors & invite us into their personal life, homes and relationships. We go on a journey with them to get married, move homes & have families. With vlogs they show us more of their personalities & with everyone there is good & bad sides, nobody is perfect but by doing so they also expose the parts of their life they don’t want us to see. This is why since she’s been vlogging everyday this thread is gaining so many new readers. If they were so good at selling they wouldn’t need to do vlogs & give away their privacy in exchange for money & freebies. The only reason you would so carelessly give away your address & show the contents & layout of your home is to gain interest, viewing figures & followers. It’s human nature for people to be interested in how people live their lives. These young people live so far from reality with million pound houses, sports cars, luxury goods & they don’t achieve it or pay for it in the standard way that people are used to seeing. People like to escape their own reality which is why reality tv programs are so entertaining but so damaging to the participants, because they make celebrities out of untalented people who do not deserve fame & glamourise materialism. The majority of ladies their age don’t live these extravagant, wealthy lifestyles, there’s literally millions of them all over Instagram competing & trampling all over each other trying to gain the same success because they see it as an achievable route to fame, fortune and a life time supply of freebies but it’s not free it comes at a price to your privacy & mental well-being. You see if with Z list celebrities, they have to keep selling their private lives to magazines/tabloids to keep the cash rolling in to fund the lifestyles they’re accustomed to. I don’t see vlogs much different to reality programs on tv. They film their personal life & edit it how they want to present it. They dress up for filming their content in clothes they’re paid to wear, their homes are just a TV set filled with stuff they’re paid to show. The snippets of their personal life are edited & used to pull you in & gain trust and popularity with the intention to sell, sell, sell to their viewers. They deceive their viewers into thinking that this is reality. Watchers are anticipating what the next big reveal is like a soap opera. They use clock bait to grab your attention & hook you in. Then they don’t like it when people treat them like soap opera characters. They become almost a character of themselves that they’ve created. These influencers are like modern day celebrities, there’s not really any difference to Katie price selling her wedding & life to OK magazine than YouTubers selling their wedding & life for subscribers as both generate money. With public people there’s always going to be an interest. You can’t shut every website down. People used to buy gossip magazines but now it’s mainly online & anyone can start a conversation. There’s always going to be a tweet, comment or a review or some place on the internet for people with similar views to talk and gossip about things that they have a mutual interest in. It’s not up to them if their comment section is a positive place, it’s feedback from their viewers. Comment sections are for us to use not them & we should be able to use it as we like or we’ll end up places like this. It’s fine to delete aggressive or bullying ones or ones that give away your location but you can’t delete ones that disagree with your actions or expose your deceitfulness to fit your narrative.
Well said. Could not agree more. And, incidentally, I think there is no way whatsoever that Josie would use her perfect "dream home" as a bed and breakfast! NO way! As for the big reveal though, I think it will be just that they have a guest house (which of course we already knew but many probably don't.) She might also tell people about her mother moving into that guest house - but I do think she's already there...

Reactions: 10
="Hilary, post: 1459634, member: 51658"]
Comment sections are for us to use not them & we should be able to use it as we like or we’ll end up places like this. It’s fine to delete aggressive or bullying ones or ones that give away your location but you can’t delete ones that disagree with your actions or expose your deceitfulness to fit your narrative.

Many have commented and had comments removed.Not all were aggressive and most merely pointed out the truths of the adverts and so on. Of course there should be differing comments,we are not all minions... but if these comments are removed..what then ?! She cannot face the truth.
Just by removing anything slightly negative shows her vast insecurity and inability to be real.

Well isn't this the byproduct of "what then?" We all express our opinions on her content/ the mistakes she makes/ the terrible choices she makes and she cannot do a thing about it! all the while she gives Tattle free promo from her own instagram 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m not so sure about the B&B. Maybe they want to set their garden up as a wedding venue? She made that comment about using the “library” as a holding room during events, and it would explain why they’re so focused on the garden.

Reactions: 6
I’m not so sure about the B&B. Maybe they want to set their garden up as a wedding venue? She made that comment about using the “library” as a holding room during events, and it would explain why they’re so focused on the garden.
That's my thinking

Reactions: 4
I think she just meant using that room as a cloakroom for HER wedding!

Yup, seems plausible

Reactions: 3
90AE02C7-0501-40F2-8B2B-143C7700DCD2.jpeg

I thought this quote was extremely valid when it comes to influencers and especially Josie.
They seek validation HARD and have to sell this fantasy to stay relevant!

Another day begins here and I see the promised video did not arrive as it downloaded, obviously saved for tonight....

Harking back to her admiration of The Secret reminded me that in the Bible ,Tithing was recommended as being the way to go.... maybe she didnt read about that, giving is GOOD. So get some giving done girl,plenty of needy people out there and your drawers and cupboards overflow with things you dont really need.
The only giving she believes in is the giving of of her viewers pockets to her bank account!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
"PettyBettyBoop, post: 1460345, member: 70686"]

The only giving she believes in is the giving of of her viewers pockets to her bank account!

Is this what The Secret teaches ??!!🤣😂

• Haha
"PettyBettyBoop, post: 1460345, member: 70686"]

Is this what The Secret teaches ??!!🤣😂
I was wondering about The Secret. What does it say/ teach about criticism? Does anyone here know ? Does being " positive" mean ignoring criticism and demonizing it into something negative no matter what ?
Considering that she deletes every negative comment , which is hardly bullying or hate, I'm guessing she just turns her head the other way and covers her ears. I'm just guessing. I can always be wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was wondering about The Secret. What does it say/ teach about criticism? Does anyone here know ? Does being " positive" mean ignoring criticism and demonizing it into something negative no matter what ?
Considering that she deletes every negative comment , which is hardly bullying or hate, I'm guessing she just turns her head the other way and covers her ears. I'm just guessing. I can always be wrong.
I‘ve read the book - it does have some valid points, but most of it is mumbo jumbo (or cr**). Attracting and manifesting is not about sitting on the couch and just visualizing what do you want and that is exactly what the book preaches, i.e. if you believe in it hard enough, it will come true without doing anything.
Your dreams will come true only if you take action!

• Heart
She wouldn't if she knew what was good for her. She will get canceled overnight.
I dont think she would. It is being addressed all over YouTube.
I think we need a conversation about racism and in particular institutional racism and while I don't think beauty or fashion guru's on YouTube is the place. They have every right to have their voices heard and I admire those people who are acknowledging it.
As Edmund Burke said
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
And while many will be virtue signalling (Josie if she mentions it.) Some are genuinely angry and have handled it beautifully.
2 I have seen are Taylor Wynne and Mel Thompson. Mel has cancelled scheduled videos and put a tribute to George Floyd on her community tab.

• Heart
Haven’t read it, but the Secret seems like an “ends justify the means” type of book. Like if it gets Josie her Cotswolds dream life, whatever she has to do or sell is justified.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haven’t read it, but the Secret seems like an “ends justify the means” type of book. Like if it gets Josie her Cotswolds dream life, whatever she has to do or sell is justified.
Not everyone knows ( but we do ! ) is that Josie seems to have had money in her family which has enabled her to have more than usual stuff.Also she had a flying start with the help of her mother in the case of the Clapham house...and one thing leads to another... plus all the goodies in YT...but all this came about because she was in a good position at the start and didnt have to wait too long or work too hard to get where she is. Not much to do with belief in The Secret.:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wish she’d stop harping on about living in the cotswolds. When you look at where she lives on a map it is literally the arse end of the cotswolds. It may officially be there but if you ask someone to point out the cotswolds on a map you wouldn’t pick anywhere near where she lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wish she’d stop harping on about living in the cotswolds. When you look at where she lives on a map it is literally the arse end of the cotswolds. It may officially be there but if you ask someone to point out the cotswolds on a map you wouldn’t pick anywhere near where she lives.
Its also not as if it’s the only place in the uk that has green fields and countryside!
She’d be bloody blown away if she came down to where I live in Devon. The sea and the countryside, who’d have thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She's probably the only influencer I've seen who's made no mention of George Floyd.

Yeah but that would require empathy and self-awareness. It was obvious from her blatant disregard for guidelines and that self-important rant that she possesses neither quality.
Looking at her old tweets and comments she knows not to talk about race issues now.
BTW a lot of influencers are being fake and just jumping on the justice for George Floyd bandwagon. They don't give a duck about racism and insitutional racism that exist not only in the USA, but everywhere in the world.

As long as they get views and the big thumbs up who cares

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.