Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you. I've followed Josie for around 2 years and have never missed a video. I occasionally buy stuff from her links (takes a sip from my new le creuset mug from diss ironworks under the watchful gaze of my bloom and wild flowers) and have put loads of lovely encouraging comments on her videos but I just haven't been comfortable with how she has totally disregarded the rules of lockdown - we know problems don't go away, but everyone else is dealing with them and following the lockdown so people don't die, it's not about risk assessing and concluding your family are safe it's about following the rules so everyone's family gets a chance to be safe (maybe she needs to imagine what all the poor people who have died in the uk would look like piled in the aisles at daylesford before she gets it?). Then her playing the bullying card and accusing people of trolling her when she was called out on it made me go and have a look at what was actually being said.

The first thing I found was a link to thread number 3 here and the reference to "Zimmerman dupes". I knew the second I read it exactly what that was referring to, I followed the link on those dresses last year and was met with an ebay page with no selling history, i thought it was odd but wasnt planning on buying one anyway so didn't think any more about it. It seems now I know the truth. Not only about this but about a whole other bunch of stuff that I know to be true if I'd stopped to think about it earlier.

So thanks for staging an intervention for me. I have unsubscribed from everything and deleted my internet cookies to hopefully get rid of all her affiliate links. It's a strange irony that had she glossed over it or (shock horror) told the truth and taken responsibility and not laid a trail of breadcrumbs to this site then I'd still be part of the cheerleading squad!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

JustAPasserby

Hello tattlers,
First time to post!
First of all, excuse my English, it’s not my first language
Secondly, I’d like to give you a little background on me so that you can relate to what I’m saying
I’m a 25-year-old female, a health care worker, from a 3rd world Arab country
Okay then, let’s get into the topic
It’s gonna be about both Lydia and Josie, but Josie mostly so I wrote it on her thread
I’ve been following them for over three years now
At first, I was really amazed by all what I’m seeing, the lifestyle, the outfits, the houses, the skincare, everything
As a 3rd world country, this is waaaay above average for us
I began being obsessed with clothes, that I’d literally spend all my money on it, denying all other stuff. Well, zara and topshop are pricy for a common citizen here, luxury brands are not even in our scope
I would live for the thrill of getting money and spending it, I was so much influenced by them, thinking subconsciously that this is happiness, and that I’d watch them so that I watch my ultimate life goals and work for them
When this whole quarantine thing began, their videos started flooding in, and I became a regular viewer on here, at first I used to believe that like they said those gossip people were nasty and lifeless
To the contrary, I found you more educated and knowledgeable than any of them
You brought me back to reality, that material stuff were not the goal, that I don’t need to buy something that I DON’T NEED
Whenever I came across an item that I liked, I thought to myself do I need it ? And it’s the first time that I could have extra money at the end of the month and set it aside for a greater purpose
These so called influencers need to face the fact that they’re advertisers at the best (not to mention frauds)
An influencer is someone who influences me to think better, extend my horizons, take care of my mental health (which is lowkey destroyed in all the people who watch them, watching the things they can’t have (said by research not me)), someone who influences me to work out, to have a healthier body, a healthier skin with no tons of makeup and all chemicals infused skincare, to help others, to take good care of my friends and family, to develop my personality and my career, read books, take online courses on various subjects

I mean who can live wit something like50,000€ bags on their shelves that they don’t ever use, it’d literally weigh my soul to have a burden like that

Josie shoves ads in our mouths like we are sheep, who the fucking hell needs so much summer dresses while they’re even not going out? Who wears light colored shorts while gardening with all the mud, soil and whatever
Realistically, even if I’m doing my dishes, I wouldn’t wear a pyjama that’s expensive or that I really like
I recently watched a loungewear vlog that was almost 2 months ago, and I’ve literally not watched any item in that haul ever again
And affecting young girls, like that’s what happiness feels like (subconscious messages like Lydia saying all the time I’m so happyyyyy, it makes me so happyyyyyy that I got this, sends subconscious messages that that’s what happiness is) in getting everything for yourself with minimal effort, not in helping and giving others, not in being an active member of society, cultivating all the greedy and selfish behaviors in viewers without them even realizing it

As a HCW, seeing her break the lockdown rules, really got in my nerves, everyone is suffering away from their families, patients who have other chronic illnesses have problems going to the hospitals and receiving their medications, patients with lupus for example in my country can’t find hydroquinone now, yes I realize depression and alcoholism are chronic and can be quite fatal, but you live in a country and a society and you’re obliged to follow the rules for the good of everyone, without any excuses. Rules are meant to choose the best for everyone but not avoid the bad!

As someone who adores her mum, Lydia was done for me when she exposed her mum when she had a hair problem, even if it was my job, I’d never ever get that on camera, she loves noone ever in life but herself. Her lack of hygiene pisses me off and it was mentioned a lot of times on her thread.

she could have used her alleged gluten sensitivity to support people who have it as well, saying how she copes with it, how she minimizes the attacks, even give recipes that she tried and tested and found delicious that are gluten free!
Instead, she cooks her advertised gluten free pasta with minimal effort, like anyone with a human brain would cook it!
Okay this have been so long 😅 I had so much in my mind to say before I posted, but I can’t remember any now

So my purpose of sharing this with you, is that you know that tattle matters, it’s useful, it opens up the eyes of people to the truth, it wakes them from the hypnosis of the constant ads and unhealthy lifestyle of these greedy people
It’s not negative, it’s not bullying, it’s not a waste of time nor a rant, it’s FACTS

• Heart
Reactions: 35

WillowM

Those dog voices are just unbearable . I wonder if they have any sexy time voices too . I can only imagine Charlie laying in bed and Lady Aga approaching him like “ Are you ready for some splendid time my little darling chicken nugget ? Charlie “ Oh yes Mami , come to your dachshund sausage “ 😀

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

SaltyCaramelTart

No rest for the wicked 😉:
View attachment 142403
Brilliant! I'm getting sick of influencers like her touting toxic positivity. I didn't deserve to get raped by a close friend this year, I didn't deserve to feel horrible guilt when I knew that I couldn't continue with the pregnancy that resulted, I didn't deserve to nearly die as a result of the termination, I didn't deserve to miscarry for 6-7 weeks when the termination didn't quite work, I don't deserve the stigma of having had a termination which will probably stay with me for the rest of my life and prevent me from speaking about it, I don't deserve any of that. Whenever you say 'everything happens for a reason,' you include in 'everything' injustice, inequality, trauma and pain. Also as a reminder, despite my trauma, I haven't broken coronavirus guidelines.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Iris1969

VIP Member
Josie's version of an English countrylady:
20200527_011357.jpg

Versus some real countryfolk:
20200527_012035.jpg

Not a pink frilly frock in sight. How will she cope? 🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Hilary

In response to trying to shut tattle down. vlogs are the problem, these influencers could just do sit down videos in one room of their house to show us what products companies have sent to bribe them into giving glowing reviews. They could be honest with how they’ve come into their possession & if it’s worthy of us spending our money on. The problem is when you’re being bribed with cash or vouchers everything is the best. Does it matter if it’s free or a voucher? If I like something I’ll buy it regardless of how they got it. I actually enjoy a show and try on more as they are more informative & I enjoy the styling aspect of them. I don’t need to see her gardening in a dress or eating dinner in it to decide if I like it. However, I guess it’s the vlogs that pull in the viewers & keep them watching & they need the viewers to sell to. By filming vlogs and their day to day life they open their doors & invite us into their personal life, homes and relationships. We go on a journey with them to get married, move homes & have families. With vlogs they show us more of their personalities & with everyone there is good & bad sides, nobody is perfect but by doing so they also expose the parts of their life they don’t want us to see. This is why since she’s been vlogging everyday this thread is gaining so many new readers. If they were so good at selling they wouldn’t need to do vlogs & give away their privacy in exchange for money & freebies. The only reason you would so carelessly give away your address & show the contents & layout of your home is to gain interest, viewing figures & followers. It’s human nature for people to be interested in how people live their lives. These young people live so far from reality with million pound houses, sports cars, luxury goods & they don’t achieve it or pay for it in the standard way that people are used to seeing. People like to escape their own reality which is why reality tv programs are so entertaining but so damaging to the participants, because they make celebrities out of untalented people who do not deserve fame & glamourise materialism. The majority of ladies their age don’t live these extravagant, wealthy lifestyles, there’s literally millions of them all over Instagram competing & trampling all over each other trying to gain the same success because they see it as an achievable route to fame, fortune and a life time supply of freebies but it’s not free it comes at a price to your privacy & mental well-being. You see if with Z list celebrities, they have to keep selling their private lives to magazines/tabloids to keep the cash rolling in to fund the lifestyles they’re accustomed to. I don’t see vlogs much different to reality programs on tv. They film their personal life & edit it how they want to present it. They dress up for filming their content in clothes they’re paid to wear, their homes are just a TV set filled with stuff they’re paid to show. The snippets of their personal life are edited & used to pull you in & gain trust and popularity with the intention to sell, sell, sell to their viewers. They deceive their viewers into thinking that this is reality. Watchers are anticipating what the next big reveal is like a soap opera. They use clock bait to grab your attention & hook you in. Then they don’t like it when people treat them like soap opera characters. They become almost a character of themselves that they’ve created. These influencers are like modern day celebrities, there’s not really any difference to Katie price selling her wedding & life to OK magazine than YouTubers selling their wedding & life for subscribers as both generate money. With public people there’s always going to be an interest. You can’t shut every website down. People used to buy gossip magazines but now it’s mainly online & anyone can start a conversation. There’s always going to be a tweet, comment or a review or some place on the internet for people with similar views to talk and gossip about things that they have a mutual interest in. It’s not up to them if their comment section is a positive place, it’s feedback from their viewers. Comment sections are for us to use not them & we should be able to use it as we like or we’ll end up places like this. It’s fine to delete aggressive or bullying ones or ones that give away your location but you can’t delete ones that disagree with your actions or expose your deceitfulness to fit your narrative.

Last edited:
  • Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Guys!! We just got a shout out from Josie!
23C70AC0-B03C-4F0C-AFCA-DF031B2AD5A3.jpeg

On a serious note, Josie if you read this. Please note that what you did when you tried slamming your viewer who wrote out of concern for you, you used your platform to intimidate her and slam her.

Let's revisit some of your actions:

1. Fake eBay account- owned by her mother who was selling counterfeits from China. Was discovered. takes video down and claims editing. Never uploads it because she was trolled. RIGHT! People found you out and you wanted your viewers to forget.

2. Violates lock down regulations in the UK by having others over. I heard this is a serious offense.

3. Insinuates alcohol and depression as a cause for relatives to be over but denies it shortly after.

4. Viewer writes to Mirabeau out of concern due to Josie's video monologue. Mirabeau- outs the individual to Josie. Josie uses her platform to slam said individual and intimidate them in hopes her viewers would do the bullying for her.

5. Forgets to disclose ADS, GIFTS, Affiliate links (YES< those affiliate links may stay in your browser up to 30 days but she fails to disclose this too).

Last edited:
  • Heart

Vanessajenkins

I think the Instagram story was actually written by one of Scarlett’s friends and reposted by Josie. She refers to photos from her friend’s private Instagram being published (well, the Instagram was public at least a couple of weeks ago). Josie’s IG is not private.

Some of the things written about Scarlett here have been very close to the bone. As far as I’m aware, she hasn’t done anything to anyone here or actually been in Josie’s vlogs of late (apart from on the kitchen floor). There’s been comments on her weight, physical appearance, boobs etc. Maybe that is a step too far? Perhaps she is the one with the depression and this forum is making her worse.

The way I see it, Josie and Charlie are absolutely fair game. The content is nauseating, the lack of ad disclosure is vile, and don’t even start me on the alcohol. Maybe this thread should focus on the Cotswolds bumpkins and not on their extended family.

And if they are successful in shutting down Tattle, private Facebook group anyone?! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23

EFR99

Been watching her vlogs for a while and honestly the more I watched the more vapid she seemed and the less I wanted to watch. I actually found this site because I was shocked that in the comments there weren't more people airing the same thoughts I had. After the Covid 19 breakout she moved house and it was indeed a nice escape as the Cotswolds are my favorite part of the UK so I started watching again. I don't mind her BF too much and the house was pretty so it was so nice to be able to see someone enjoying that sort of thing. I knew she was able to buy it cuz she had family money and I was not at all upset by that, that's just how life is. So I enjoyed for a bit. I was a bit put off when she started mentioning the history of her house and didn't seem to know really basic things about history, that seemed a bit shocking but no one watches her vlogs for the education so I wrote it off. That said, her use of "the secret" has always bothered me, but this time, I think she went too far and I'm actually disgusted. Very much the wrong thing at the wrong time.

The first time it really ticked me off was when she said she stays thin while eating all the garbage she does because of it. No no dear, you have genetics on your side, please make now mistake about it. However, with the house it has gone a step too far and I'll likely not want to watch her anymore because it's actually super offputting how she uses this "ideology" to basically take credit for what is really just insane privilege. Most people can spend their whole life "manifesting" and working hard for a dream house, but they will never get it because they lack generational wealth. Most people will work super hard to make a good YouTube lifestyle channel but they aren't "blonde and perky and pretty" so they won't succeed. To do this now, with what is going on in the US (and the world) now shows just how much privilege plays into every aspect of daily life, from interactions to police officers, to getting a job you want, to having the generational wealth to buy a 2 Million pound property in the Cotswolds. That she would so openly mention how she used the secret to manifest this vs talking about how grateful she is for the privilege of being able to afford the home of her dreams (or just saying nothing at all about it) is flat out insulting. I say this as a person who has a lot of privilege. But yeah, I'm really grossed out by this and glad there is a place where I can say that where other people will understand. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

overthinkingit

So I reported Josie to the ASA a while back for some undisclosed ads/brand deals, here is part of their reply:

"Thank you for your patience whilst we’ve been considering your complaints about Fashion Mumblr.
We have assessed the issues you raised, and consider the influencer may have potentially breached our rules. We have taken steps to address this.
We have explained your concerns to the advertiser and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes in future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring."

1. they let her know she broke the rules, "steps to address this" could have been a warning or a fine, who knows
2. they let the brand know their influencer broke ASA rules
3. they keep a record of complaints against brands and influencers for "future monitoring", inferring that a pattern of repeated violations can result in more serious consequences

If you see anything that looks like an undisclosed ad (product placement, highly biased review, etc), I encourage you to consider making a complaint to the ASA. It's a simple, short form to fill out and it helps keep influencers and brands accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Plonker

D2DAF054-59A6-4796-AFF6-E1798DAE57BF.jpeg

At least hide the tag. This made me laugh.

That device she’s advertising is sooo bad for your skin. It will age you like nothing all that sucking and tugging! Makes me shudder. If anyone watches Hyram skincare on YT he would freak at that haha.
Just sad that she’ll literally advertise anything now. A reason amongst many that I unsubscribed!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
I think the Instagram story was actually written by one of Scarlett’s friends and reposted by Josie. She refers to photos from her friend’s private Instagram being published (well, the Instagram was public at least a couple of weeks ago). Josie’s IG is not private.

Some of the things written about Scarlett here have been very close to the bone. As far as I’m aware, she hasn’t done anything to anyone here or actually been in Josie’s vlogs of late (apart from on the kitchen floor). There’s been comments on her weight, physical appearance, boobs etc. Maybe that is a step too far? Perhaps she is the one with the depression and this forum is making her worse.

The way I see it, Josie and Charlie are absolutely fair game. The content is nauseating, the lack of ad disclosure is vile, and don’t even start me on the alcohol. Maybe this thread should focus on the Cotswolds bumpkins and not on their extended family.

And if they are successful in shutting down Tattle, private Facebook group anyone?! 😂
100%. Im not a huge fan of making fun of Scarlett’s physical appearance because she’s not part of the circus really. I’m also not a fan of making fun of Josie’s...I’m just a fan of outing these two scam artists.

• Heart

frocktalk

I haven't watched today's vlog, and I probably won't, but the title being "finally we can relax" is unacceptable. As if she's had the most trying past few weeks? As if there aren't massive issues in the world occurring right now? I'm terribly sorry it's been so exhausting to putter around your beautiful new home, unbox gifted products, and make poor design choices daaaaarling!

Read the room, Josie.

• Angry
  • Heart