Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But you probably don't wear a long flowy floral dress, straw hat with scarf combo whilst doing it, and that is why Josie is laughing her way to the bank right now 😉.
Maybe she is now,but will it last long enough to see them both and any little additions along the way until retirement age AND pay them a pension as self employed...and pay the other annoying expenses that are not gifted.

Reactions: 3
Maybe she is now,but will it last long enough to see them both and any little additions along the way until retirement age AND pay them a pension as self employed...and pay the other annoying expenses that are not gifted.
I don't know, but I think she will be smart enough to jump on another lucrative deal, when this one has dried up, like a flea on a passing dog 😉.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Having left my husband because of his drinking I would advise her to get him help or get out. There is nothing you can do on your own.

I used to follow Josie...thought she was hard-working and honest...er....anyway, I just can't with the gardening..... but then I'm a qualified garden designer with horticulture qualifications too. It makes my eyes bleed 🤤
Please do tell us about what they are doing right / wrong in the garden. I'm clueless so I always assume they know what they are doing :) That would be the logical thing for them to do...to ask professionals and read about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Please do tell us about what they are doing right / wrong in the garden. I'm clueless so I always assume they know what they are doing :) That would be the logical thing for them to do...to ask professionals and read about it.
Charlie admitting that he doesn't know something? Never 😂.

• Haha
Even they / she might read it here ! Hey Josie,if you see this,we want to help...we can play fair if you do:giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She's going to be selling us depends (adult diapers) in 30 yrs.

• Haha
But you probably don't wear a long flowy floral dress, straw hat with scarf combo whilst doing it, and that is why Josie is laughing her way to the bank right now 😉.
Now I know what I'm doing wrong! I'm in work boots and combat trousers ....and poor!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
So I am very curious about the return store policies in the UK.

Here in the US- you can shop at almost any store and return clothes as long as they have tags and appear to never been worn (and with a receipt. Some stores will allow you to return for store credit without a receipt or exchange). I can literally order almost anything and if I don't like it, I can easily return it without issues.

Reactions: 4
Oh dear, what a drama. She could have avoided this. She would have been better apologising for breakdown lockdown & saying she didn’t understand the rules. She didn’t say that there is alcoholism or depression in her family and asked her viewers to not jump to any conclusions, which is fair as they are both serious conditions that are hard to deal with without people speculating. She said ‘there are other issues like alcoholism and depression that don’t just magically go away because there is a bigger problem in the world’. She is correct in saying this & this is why coronavirus is so awful. There are many people stuck in physically abusive relationships, people being delayed medical treatment, child abuse, eating disorders, drug & alcohol addictions, depression, deaths in the family & many more problems. Josie said ‘just know that I am an adult, I am a grown up & I, Charlie & I make decisions that are best for our family and loved ones’. Sadly, the rules are rules and it’s not up to her & Charlie to decide what is best for their families the same as it’s not up to us to decide what’s best for ours. If there was a genuine emergency in their family maybe it would have been better if she had just taken a break For a few days. From the life she’s been portraying in her vlogs during lockdown it’s all wonderful home cooked family meals, gardening, sipping on quality wine, dog walking & floating around in fancy dresses. If you don’t want people to speculate on the less than perfect parts of your life then do a better job of hiding them or choose a career that doesn’t show or jeopardise your privacy and the mental wellbeing of your families.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Here in the US- you can shop at almost any store and return clothes as long as they have tags and appear to never been worn (and with a receipt. Some stores will allow you to return for store credit without a receipt or exchange). I can literally order almost anything and if I don't like it, I can easily return it without issues.
Here too, although ASOS has started to deactivate accounts with a high return rate, like they did with mine. They must have thought I was an influencer too 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Yeah, that’s pretty much the same here in the UK (although worn items can be returned if they’re faulty). We have different policies on things like make-up/skincare though, I think - I’ve heard you can return those items in the US if it’s not suitable, even if you’ve tried it, but you can’t do that here unless you’ve had an allergic reaction to it, unless the person dealing with you is feeling generous, which isn’t often 🙈

Reactions: 7
Freddy My Love is operating on the same market as Josie is and even though she's very fake and annoying, she is also weirdly honest about how it all works with gifts, vouchers and sponsorships with the brands I've mentioned before.

And they both sell gifted items they don't like because they aren't "expensive" enough (mostly H&M, Topshop and River Island) on Depop 🥴.
I was also going to comment that this is what Freddy does too! But you’re right she is (more recently, especially with the last haul week) honest about what she keeps, I think in the first few she did she didn’t say anything and must have gotten some backlash about ordering 7 massive hauls in one week just for content

Reactions: 5
Oh dear, what a drama. She could have avoided this. She would have been better apologising for breakdown lockdown & saying she didn’t understand the rules. She didn’t say that there is alcoholism or depression in her family and asked her viewers to not jump to any conclusions, which is fair as they are both serious conditions that are hard to deal with without people speculating. She said ‘there are other issues like alcoholism and depression that don’t just magically go away because there is a bigger problem in the world’. She is correct in saying this & this is why coronavirus is so awful. There are many people stuck in physically abusive relationships, people being delayed medical treatment, child abuse, eating disorders, drug & alcohol addictions, depression, deaths in the family & many more problems. Josie said ‘just know that I am an adult, I am a grown up & I, Charlie & I make decisions that are best for our family and loved ones’. Sadly, the rules are rules and it’s not up to her & Charlie to decide what is best for their families the same as it’s not up to us to decide what’s best for ours. If there was a genuine emergency in their family maybe it would have been better if she had just taken a break For a few days. From the life she’s been portraying in her vlogs during lockdown it’s all wonderful home cooked family meals, gardening, sipping on quality wine, dog walking & floating around in fancy dresses. If you don’t want people to speculate on the less than perfect parts of your life then do a better job of hiding them or choose a career that doesn’t show or jeopardise your privacy and the mental wellbeing of your families.

Great points, but she could have just easily lied like everything else she says that her family was staying with them during this lockdown. That would have covered everything to include the additional plates, people in the background, people having to be on all 4s on the floor, etc.

I uploaded the snippet from the video in the previous thread. ‘there are other issues like alcoholism and depression that don’t just magically go away because there is a bigger problem in the world’- hmmm i feel like this was a statement to justify exactly what is happening in her family and why the rules didn't apply to them when breaking them. She could have worded everything very differently without having to go in so much detail.

Yeah, that’s pretty much the same here in the UK (although worn items can be returned if they’re faulty). We have different policies on things like make-up/skincare though, I think - I’ve heard you can return those items in the US if it’s not suitable, even if you’ve tried it, but you can’t do that here unless you’ve had an allergic reaction to it, unless the person dealing with you is feeling generous, which isn’t often 🙈
Sephora and Ulta (are beauty stores that sell cosmetics, beauty products, etc)- you can return almost anything you want if you don't like it.

I was also going to comment that this is what Freddy does too! But you’re right she is (more recently, especially with the last haul week) honest about what she keeps, I think in the first few she did she didn’t say anything and must have gotten some backlash about ordering 7 massive hauls in one week just for content
I actually come to respect Freddy in the sense of her being opened about how she pays for the stuff she shows and what she doesn't pay for. I still think she is fake but I do have respect for her honesty.

I'm going to just post this here for reference again

My last rant before I have to go adult.

Her defensiveness with how she behaved against her viewer yesterday by putting her on blast was COMPLETELY uncalled for. It only made it seem like she was covering up her reality by blaming someone else and hoping her loyal brainwashed fans would have attacked her. Mirabeau is a joke of a company for blasting someone like that and Josie is garbage for it too. ALL are.
She could have easily made a simple comment or handled it in private "wItH gRaCe & PoIse" like some of her fans worship her, St Josie of the Cotswolds. She could have easily said, "hey guys, you misinterpret" but no. She was petty and trying to be savage because she can do no wrong. Remember, she will your crucify you before she allows anyone to point out her mistakes and wrongs just as seen with everything recent to include her cute scandal of 1 yr ago now (Happy Zimmergate Anniversary GUYS!! #neverforget)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yep, he has been an alcoholic for many years, but now he is a dry one. And you're right that she shouldn't have that much alcohol in the house if he is struggling, like she said he is. That's why we think she used it as an excuse in her little rant the other day and denied it later on.

This 2016 video is an example of her real relationship with the real Charlie (not as idyllic as she wants to make it seem):
That doesn’t mean he is an alcoholic (video). Maybe he liked to party and go out a lot in his early twenties 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Great points, but she could have just easily lied like everything else she says that her family was staying with them during this lockdown. That would have covered everything to include the additional plates, people in the background, people having to be on all 4s on the floor, etc.

I uploaded the snippet from the video in the previous thread. ‘there are other issues like alcoholism and depression that don’t just magically go away because there is a bigger problem in the world’- hmmm i feel like this was a statement to justify exactly what is happening in her family and why the rules didn't apply to them when breaking them. She could have worded everything very differently without having to go in so much detail.

I actually come to respect Freddy in the sense of her being opened about how she pays for the stuff she shows and what she doesn't pay for. I still think she is fake but I do have respect for her honesty.
Exactly, Josie knows what she's doing and I think she implied it to get sympathy from her audience, but she said it in such a vague way that she could easily gaslight them later on, if things wouldn't go her way.

And Freddy earned some respect from me too, although she might have had ulterior motives when she was being honest.

And in a weird way I even "respect" Josie, because she is an excellent scammer that has weaseled her way out of every unexpected setback so far. I can't wait to see what scam she'll pull off next 😆.

• Haha
That doesn’t mean he is an alcoholic (video). Maybe he liked to party and go out a lot in his early twenties 🤷🏼‍♀️
Enjoying alcohol is one thing but getting trashed and alcohol being the root cause of their fights doesn't scream "I am sober and have no drinking issues"either.

• Sad
Maybe, but that wasn't the point I was making with that video. It merely showed that her life isn't as perfect as she likes people to believe at the moment (which we can still see for ourselves because he is often a complete asshole towards her).

And there are lots of signs that he is a dry alcoholic, for example the fact that he is always making a point of showing that he is drinking non-alcoholic beer and the fact that there are lots of rumours about him behaving badly on press trips whilst being drunk.

Last edited:
She is lying about returning that (gifted!) dress. When she appears to be just like a normal shopper, she is more relatable to her audience. Another smart business move.

She didn't buy a thing, she was just promoting the company that send her those swatches in return for free fabric (and probably some money too) and she has ongoing deals with H&M, &Other Stories, Topshop, River Island, Farfetch, Reiss, Ted Baker and lots of other brands.
There is literally no point in even trying to trust the recommendations of influencers any more! I knew that she has loads of sponsors and deals and things, but even I was gullible enough to think she bought the stuff from H&M and she bought the fabric - just because she said she did! I was also cross because I don't earn badly, I am quite sensible with money, and it looked as if she'd spunked what would be most of my monthly budget over two days - so I am less cross about that, but more cross about her lack of transparency!!

• Heart
Freddy My Love is operating on the same market as Josie is and even though she's very fake and annoying, she is also weirdly honest about how it all works with gifts, vouchers and sponsorships with the brands I've mentioned before.

And they both sell gifted items they don't like because they aren't "expensive" enough (mostly H&M, Topshop and River Island) on Depop 🥴.
I was just going to say the same. I don't care for Freddy, but she's always really open about how she's not keeping everything (from Haul Week, for instance) and makes it clear what she's keeping, etc. I think that is actually even more interesting - it's kind of dull to see "perfect" haul after perfect haul.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.