Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is doing the remodels if they’re begged for though? I’m confused by that.
Lily pebbles had her kitchen massively discounted, her bathroom and ridiculously fancy toilet gifted, lydia had all her farrow and ball paint gifted, hello october's recent flooring was gifted, as was Gabby's.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Scarlett blocked me on insta today. 😜 Oh well, she isn't that interesting and we know she is living there.
I am wondering what will happen to all those influencers like Josie when brands stop sending them clothes and other stuff. They are so addicted to having new things all the time for free. Even if they have savings I doubt they will spend them since they are so used to having everything handed to them. I guess they will feel miserable not having new things all the time.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I seriously wonder if she will address the alcohol issue since now she is backtracking.
If I were her, I would leave it...she can only dig herself into a deeper web of lies and half - truths . Or she'll play the victim card even more..... Unfortunately, many people have short term memory and will forget and people like her know it . Along the way, those that do not forget will slowly unsubscribe.
As for that rosé wine, I would never buy it after this. The way it is sent to everybody for free...just puts me off it.
Migrane...no wonder , with all that wine mixed with sugar and fruit juice and being too long out in the sun. A deadly combo. I suffer from migranes and it's awful.

For her to acknowledge that there are other problems in the world like alcoholism made it sound like it was something close to her heart that she was sympathetic about and had an understanding of. If it was something she cared about about why would you advertise & glamourise it so much? Especially at this time when there are no face to face AA meetings and some people are finding it really hard without work & routine. Charlie is probably upset and rightly so because people have assumed that because he drinks alcohol free drinks he is an alcoholic. His reasons for not drinking are personal & now because she mentioned alcoholism people are assuming it’s him. It seems like he may have been upset with her about those speculations and now she’s backtracking. There is unfortunately a lot of shame and stigma to being labelled an alcoholic, I prefer alcohol intolerant & if he does have issues around it then maybe he doesn’t want the world to know. By telling us in a roundabout way that there are issues in their family and that was why they are continually going against government advice and breaking lockdown but not saying what those issues are, it feels like she’s thrown Charlie & their family members under the bus. She shouldn’t have said anything about the side of her personal life she doesn’t show. She should have just that there was a family emergency & that’s why they are there, end of.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Eep, im ages behind. Excuse me while i catch up.

The whole banging on about the mirabelle rose or whatever seems v. Suspect. Its nevsr an ad or aff, but ive not heard it mentioned begore she moved to the house. Anyone else? It was found to be a small family own wine, who acted pretty shady to soneone calling josie out.
I certainly wouldnt drink it (not that id heard of it before) and i am partial @PettyBettyBoop but my palette is pretty happy with a £5-7 quid bottle.. Haha, im. Not her target audience 😂

Feels like she is playing house without living in it and gaining an understanding of how it moves and breathes-to say it in a poncey way.. Like we talked about it being old and cold in winter, hard to heat etc. Its all been so carefully restored, for her to move in amd just change it all 😢.. Shes just painting it all pink and decorating with random gifted tat - or literal roadside tat.. I appreciate the upholstery and would love to give that a go myself. Id watch a tutorial vid of her redoing the chair, but i doubt she will focus on it as she is doing it for the first time, so not in a place to show folks how to do it for themselves.

Did you guys clock her reading country life magazine in one of her vids 😂😂😂
Disclaimer: I am quite snobby about my wine. This is because I used to live in a French wine region and understanding the local industry helped me to immerse myself in French language and culture. You're absolutely not better or worse than me if you aren't as snobby about wine because honestly who the frigg cares? Drink what you want, all my friends do without judgment :)

See I have bottles of carefully curated wine and I shudder at the thought of drinking something that is promoted by influencers. I have a few specific vineyards that I love buying from and I'm not about to give away their names to thousands of people because they're small viticulteurs and the wine is amazing because it's not mass-produced. Surely most people who aren't as snobby as me will also just go for something like Echo Falls because it's cheap and sweet (actually quite drinkable even to an oenophile like me!)? I don't see what the attraction is of buying something that is being so aggressively marketed by influencers. They are not experts, they are paid to promote the product and the cost of that promotion will be reflected in the price of the wine. So I guess that there are three main categories of wine drinkers - firstly the people who just want a cheap drinkable bottle to get pleasantly merry, secondly the snobs like me who put a lot of thought into the bottles they curate, thirdly the people who are willing to spend a little more to have with their dinner but who want that to be available in their local supermarket or maybe their local wineshop. Mirabeau appears to be attempting to create a new demographic and they've seriously shot themselves in the foot by shaming someone who asked a question.

For point two, I'm not even a homeowner yet (still studying) but I love going to family friends' homes and seeing original features. Some of them have modern kitchens but it's all done so tastefully and in keeping with the character of the house. One of my family's friends is descended from people who did a grand tour and some of the rooms in their house have the original furnishings in them, which reflect different countries they visited in the 19th Century. Those rooms are like a cultural time capsule and I couldn't change a thing about them.

And the Country Life magazine 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Such a pain having to go to bed and sleep and then having to go to the shops before I can catch up:LOL:

I am going back a bit but really need clarity as it kept me awake last night. Yesterday's vid showed 2 identical chairs on the lawn,one of which she said was the freeby one found in the lane outside. To me it seems strange to find the other chair from the house.Now...who put the chair in the lane and was it taken from the house beforehand to make it into a freeby,or is it just *coincidence * . A very huge coincidence....

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Such a pain having to go to bed and sleep and then having to go to the shops before I can catch up:LOL:

I am going back a bit but really need clarity as it kept me awake last night. Yesterday's vid showed 2 identical chairs on the lawn,one of which she said was the freeby one found in the lane outside. To me it seems strange to find the other chair from the house.Now...who put the chair in the lane and was it taken from the house beforehand to make it into a freeby,or is it just *coincidence * . A very huge coincidence....
I thought she said that the two chairs on the lawn were left by the previous owner - and they were extra to the "free" chair. I just don't believe they're talking about painting the woodwork of those chairs gold - how unbelievably trashy...

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The chairs were left by the previous owner apparently. .. they're going to paint them GOLD 🤨

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Ok, thanks... must have missed a bit. The freeby chair is xtra. Nevertheless, painting is no no... wood stain is more authentic and fits the age of hte house better. Good job I dont live nearby....

Reactions: 3
Ok, thanks... must have missed a bit. The freeby chair is xtra. Nevertheless, painting is no no... wood stain is more authentic and fits the age of hte house better. Good job I dont live nearby....
Don't know what's going through their tiny minds... I mean 'G O L D"!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Don't know what's going through their tiny minds... I mean 'G O L D"!!!!!
It is regal you know ;) the Queen has golden chairs...cant reach much higher than that.

*** hurries off spluttering and choking******

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It is regal you know ;) the Queen has golden chairs...cant reach much higher than that.

*** hurries off spluttering and choking******
Hmmm do you think she'll use gold leaf or a spray can? Do Crown do spray cans? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
For her to acknowledge that there are other problems in the world like alcoholism made it sound like it was something close to her heart that she was sympathetic about and had an understanding of. If it was something she cared about about why would you advertise & glamourise it so much? Especially at this time when there are no face to face AA meetings and some people are finding it really hard without work & routine. Charlie is probably upset and rightly so because people have assumed that because he drinks alcohol free drinks he is an alcoholic. His reasons for not drinking are personal & now because she mentioned alcoholism people are assuming it’s him. It seems like he may have been upset with her about those speculations and now she’s backtracking. There is unfortunately a lot of shame and stigma to being labelled an alcoholic, I prefer alcohol intolerant & if he does have issues around it then maybe he doesn’t want the world to know. By telling us in a roundabout way that there are issues in their family and that was why they are continually going against government advice and breaking lockdown but not saying what those issues are, it feels like she’s thrown Charlie & their family members under the bus. She shouldn’t have said anything about the side of her personal life she doesn’t show. She should have just that there was a family emergency & that’s why they are there, end of.
Well she already threw him under the bus the other day (when she was pissed because he was (extra) obnoxious to her over burning those petals, by showing that snippet to her followers, knowing full well that they would feel sorry for her and would come to her defence), so apparently that is her way of making sure that things go her way and that she comes out of it smelling like roses 🥴.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Doing gold patina on a hand carved piece of furniture is an art and it is done by skilled artisans. Painting a wooden classic chair with gold paint is just a recipe for destroying the piece. They will look cheap. I had a beautiful, in my opinion, hand crafted wooden mirror made to put over the fireplace. It has the most beautiful gold patina on it by the old gentleman who made it.🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Doing gold patina on a hand carved piece of furniture is an art and it is done by skilled artisans. Painting a wooden classic chair with gold paint is just a recipe for destroying the piece. They will look cheap. I had a beautiful, in my opinion, hand crafted wooden mirror made to put over the fireplace. It hasthe most beautiful gold patina on it by the old gentleman who made it.🥰
They're going to massacre it 🤨

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
They're going to massacre it 🤨
Literally. The chairs are actually really lovely chairs and all they need to do is sand the horrid orangey varnish and restain a nice oak colour or something. Not paint them gold...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Literally. The chairs are actually really lovely chairs and all they need to do is sand the horrid orangey varnish and restain a nice oak colour or something. Not paint them gold...
She should dedicate one bedroom to her tacky taste: gold leaf the hell out of those chairs, put faux Rococo moldings on the walls, throw a bucket of pink paint over everything, close the door and throw away the key 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wonder if maybe there isn’t an “official” alcoholic living there (ahem, pink shorts) but that he’s just stopped drinking/been made to stop drinking because of the way he used to treat her and speak to her when he was drunk... I mean, if she’s paying for the majority of their lifestyle then she’s probably within her rights to lay down some rules... he needs to cling on to her for dear life if he wants to carry on being kept in this lifestyle... so maybe he is allowed the odd drink when he has been good and behaved himself?! 🤪

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.