Fashion Mumblr #18 Oh X-Mas tree, Oh X-Mas tree, 12ft seems too big to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha. someone commented in the last vlog that she was brave eating curry in silk pajama. First: it was gifted so she doesn't care ( look how she takes care of her designer bags) . Second : it's gonna be on ebay in no time branded as new ( with a silky smell of curry ) .
She's also simply a saleswoman who vlogs so many products one after another that it's not relatable anymore. That's hardly influencing. It's simple selling .
Btw. and off topic, haven't seen @Iris1969 ( am not sure that was the name ) Really miss her comments 😒
Ditto!!!

Me too 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Haha. someone commented in the last vlog that she was brave eating curry in silk pajama. First: it was gifted so she doesn't care ( look how she takes care of her designer bags) . Second : it's gonna be on ebay in no time branded as new ( with a silky smell of curry ) .
She's also simply a saleswoman who vlogs so many products one after another that it's not relatable anymore. That's hardly influencing. It's simple selling .
Btw. and off topic, haven't seen @Iris1969 ( am not sure that was the name ) Really miss her comments 😒
Agree she is not relatable and she certainly doesn't care about any of her possessions - who cares if they get broken since there is always another free one to replace it. Bleh....

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Oooooh, how very dare they! Do they not know who she Is....... Milady J of the Old Carphouse in the A of OB?
I felt sorry for the person that was due to get the bike that Josie ended up getting but then had it withdrawn - no doubt that person will now get theirs on 23 January. I don't believe the supplier suddenly found a bike going spare.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Agree she is not relatable and she certainly doesn't care about any of her possessions - who cares if they get broken since there is always another free one to replace it. Bleh....
Not to defend her but my mother in law was like that. Some of the very wealthy are like that. Considering most of her day was outdoors in the heat and dust (Zimbabwe then later South Africa and then eventually Australia) most of her life was out bush with cattle or overseeing the land and not giving a damn about looks etc or hygiene in the normal sense of the word. Yet when she would get glitzed up you’d never think she was the total opposite, jewelled, perfect gown not a hair out of place. She was also a secret hoarder and didn’t bathe for days even weeks at a time unless it was for social reasons that attitude had a major effect on her family notably my husband whom consented me to share this. It might help people understand that way of thinking. She didn’t want to waste money considering she was of old money whether that be on water, her household staff, or even basic necessities for her children. Josephine doesn’t quite have that luxury of excuse although no doubt considering her obsession for Africa would give anything probably to have my late mother in law’s life in terms of wealth, social standing ie her title and her connections. Personally having witnessed it I wouldn’t wish that ignorant slovenly way of living upon any soul. I’m not likening Josephine in anyway to her but merely responding to a comment made in terms of attitudes to material goods. That cavalier attitude is very common among that type of people plenty of evidence to prove Josephine’s disregard for her possessions ie her 8 £500 cameras always broken and not to be flippant shows how common Josephine is. Just my opinion observed from 5 years of seeing this woman and her videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
How do we get this perfect being over here with us! That comment was everything. I hope when Josie read it, it really cut to her soul. Which fair, she doesn’t have, but I hope she felt some intense shame. She is so entitled and self centred and clueless and it just makes me sick.

“But dad-DEE, I want the obscenely priced bicycle NOOOOW”
(Please read in her vomiteous fake dog voice)

BARF.
It was a beautifully well written comment and a brave one but it more than likely went straight over Josie's head. She would wonder how anyone could be so cruel to her. And yes, I mean that. Narcissists have no ability to understand anything from another person's perspective and live totally in their own world.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She certainly doesn't care about the items she is supposed to be promoting in her videos. The silk jim-jams, (those dangly wrist bows would annoy me intensely!!), and that silky skirt she wore with the ghastly sparkly bustier thing were soooo creased and crumpled. Surely she could have ironed or steamed them quickly? Don't the brands mind their goods being presented in such a shoddy fashion?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Karma! ⚡☄😈 Awww she’s so mad at herself yet too lazy to film again so choose which poor quality version you want.
6D64D824-CA90-43E5-B9D8-663F30A5FBD7.jpeg
182341AC-3785-4291-8B8D-668441CEC9C5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
It's funny that when it comes to hoarding various designer goods, her excuse is always 'it's my job' but when she makes a balls up, we just have to suck up poor-quality content.
That wouldn't be ok in any job I've ever had
And she’s just going to plug linkable paid products like she does every day.

She literally does a million makeup and beauty products per flog so this is just all same things and actually worse quality no way I’m watching any influencer gift guides. They are useless. Either extortionate pricing or something they are paid to flog that no one needs or wants really.

Last edited:
And she’s just going to plug linkable paid products like she does every day.

She literally does a million makeup and beauty products per flog so this is just all same things and actually worse quality no way I’m watching any influencer gift guides. They are useless. Either extortionate pricing or something they are paid to flog that no one needs or wants really.
I think most of us have redefined our definition of 'needs' and 'wants' this year but the so-called influencers seem to just plough on in the same old grubby, insensitive, money grabbing ways. Does anyone actually take any notice of them, (other than to poke fun)?

• Heart
I think most of us have redefined our definition of 'needs' and 'wants' this year but the so-called influencers seem to just plough on in the same old grubby, insensitive, money grabbing ways. Does anyone actually take any notice of them, (other than to poke fun)?
I only look up videos online for reviews of specific things or just to see what it’s like apart from the website to get an idea. I usually look at the smaller channels as most likely they aren’t gifted but rather used their own money so- I hope their review is more genuine and real. I also take more value of reviews by actual customers than I do by influencers.

Josie flogs too many beauty products for me likely. If one product works best, stick with it and be real. Jumping from Elemis to Caudalie to Elizabeth Arden to anything that gets deposited into eBay is the biggest turn off for me. It’s like which is it? This goes for everything that she shells and this is why I don’t take any influencer for real after discovering the reality of them during the last few months. I really never cared for influencers really but because I’ve spent more time at home this year it’s open up a lot about the industry and true colors have really shown.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Old Chibby-chops has been busy listing tons of tat stuff on EBay recently but she's not doing too well with the old sales if this is anything to go by.....remember the polyester skirt that looked like fly blown old net curtains? She originally priced it at £345......was sold for £50. Is reality striking?

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 16.18.28.png

• Haha
Old Chibby-chops has been busy listing tons of tat stuff on EBay recently but she's not doing too well with the old sales if this is anything to go by.....remember the polyester skirt that looked like fly blown old net curtains? She originally priced it at £345......was sold for £50. Is reality striking?

View attachment 315387
Is it sold? I think it just ended. She couldn't even sell it for 50. I thought an auction is to make the price go up not down 😂 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is it sold? I think it just ended. She couldn't even sell it for 50. I thought an auction is to make the price go up not down 😂 :ROFLMAO:
I think you're right. I bet she is btching about the money that it cost to list the item too!! She likely got slapped with fees for closing the LK Bennett listings early too.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think you're right. I bet she is btching about the money that it cost to list the item too!! She likely got slapped with fees for closing the LK Bennett listings early too.
I thought you only have fees if something is sold? I haven't use eBay for years. I once sold stuff from my horse there (and didn't get a good price) and they gave me a penalty fee because my account data was old and they couldn't book the fees. But if something wasn't sold I had no fees at all. I know the rules for private vs professional account is different but her account is certainly private, shady as she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I thought you only buy fees if something is sold? I haven't use eBay for years. I once sold stuff from my horse there (and didn't get a good price) and they gave me a penalty fee because my account data was old and they couldn't book the fees. But if something wasn't sold I had no fees at all. I know the rules for private vs professional account is different but her account is certainly private, shady as she is.
I think it depends on if you have a store and what the item is. I'll just say it wasn't cost beneficial for me to sell a few items on eBay after the price reduction and the fees they took.

Reactions: 11
I don't get the necklace over the jumper .she reminds me of my primary school teacher in her 50's she did the same ..

The gift guide was too expensive for the average person.

• Haha
Oh....it was under her 'sold' listings so I just assumed it really meant she had sold it? Confused meself now soz!

Today's massive flogathon disguised as a Christmas Gift Guide was one long 30 minute sentence, (gabble, gabble, 'epic', rabbit, rabbit, 'so so stunning', mutter, mutter....continue ad nauseam). Watch out for the candle sneeze near the end tho :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I used to work at QVC, and saw a lot of the same behaviors I see in her comments - 'fangirling' over the presenters, blindly trusting them, feeling as if you have a personal relationship with them. Big influencers truly are the QVC presenters of today, ASMR daytime TV content for people at home

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.