Fashion Mumblr #10 Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's most EPIC of them all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a small-time Dutch influencer personally (she's annoying as hell šŸ˜‚) and she is flooded with freebies (clothes, shoes, sunnies and so on) she's expected to shoot for IG. Afterwards she wears some of it, but she sells most of it online. She doesn't declare anything though šŸ„“.

No, sorry maybe I should have been clearer. what I meant was that if her tax bill is high then she MUST be declaring her income.
Then, if the supposition that she isnā€™t getting many free things then she must be buying them herself for the content she is showing us.
I would imagine that her accountant will be aware of the tax laws and he will work out what it is lawful to pay and she will then act on the advice she is given.I think there is a code of ethics for accountants to adhere to so that they donā€˜t give bad advice. she is obviously not trying to do her tax herself so that shows she is doing it responsibly I think.
When I watch telly I donā€œt think I even wonder where the presenters live or the state of their tax affairs. I just watch the content.
Josie is a content creator isnā€˜t she so there isnā€˜t any difference really.
I think she meant the expected tax bill, not the actual one. I think the accountant warned her beforehand so she could do something about it. This is what sharp accountants often do.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As a business owner myself in the UK, all I can say is that it has to be fully for business. If you buy a white dress and wear it to show off as part of your business and donā€™t wear it to go to a family function or whatever the duck, then yes. But if you do wear it in your free time as well you may count a percentage or not at all. Same with anything else. Itā€™s a bit tricky because as a lifestyle blogger, a lot of things are dual purpose (ie business and personal).
Thank you for explaining ā™„

Reactions: 5
Sheā€™s said the tax bill is big but what does that mean? What she considers a lot and what others consider a lot will differ massively.

I mean she considered the Ā£19 postage for the TV a lot so šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø her tax bill could be a fairly reasonable amount but she deems it as just so big because sheā€™s such a money clutching so and so and just simply doesnā€™t want to pay any tax.
Because she doesnā€™t pay tax monthly on her wages like the majority of people. The bill is always more eye opening as itā€™s several months blocked together in one bill so looks larger anyway. But who knows it could actually genuinely be a really significant amount šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø I just tend not to trust really anything that comes out her mouth šŸ¤£.

• Haha
  • Heart
I know a small-time Dutch influencer personally (she's annoying as hell šŸ˜‚) and she is flooded with freebies (clothes, shoes, sunnies and so on) she's expected to shoot for IG. Afterwards she wears some of it, but she sells most of it online. She doesn't declare anything though šŸ„“.

I think she meant the expected tax bill, not the actual one. I think the accountant warned her beforehand so she could do something about it. This is what sharp accountants often do.
Exactly. If sheā€™s employed a smart accountant then tax avoidance is easily possible. They know how to manipulate tax laws and find loopholes. My last job was for one of the Big Fours and I know how these people function. Itā€™s not mere coincidence that these big accounting firms are behind scams around the world.

Sheā€™s said the tax bill is big but what does that mean? What she considers a lot and what others consider a lot will differ massively.

I mean she considered the Ā£19 postage for the TV a lot so šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø her tax bill could be a fairly reasonable amount but she deems it as just so big because sheā€™s such a money clutching so and so and just simply doesnā€™t want to pay any tax.
Because she doesnā€™t pay tax monthly on her wages like the majority of people. The bill is always more eye opening as itā€™s several months blocked together in one bill so looks larger anyway. But who knows it could actually genuinely be a really significant amount šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø I just tend not to trust really anything that comes out her mouth šŸ¤£.
No, she meant she could have a major tax bill coming her way, so her accountant has asked her to submit all her bills and invoices so he can reduce the possible tax bill showing most of it as business expense.
Her tax bill will be a quite high compared to most of us, look at the amount of shopping she has done in the past year. She has clothes that can cover generations and will last too, since most of it is polyester! Along with the fact she will be paying tax for a house and a flat. The tax bill will be major for her and will push her to a different tax bracket too. (Please do correct me if I am wrong, this is how it works in the two countries I have lived in.)

She is definitely the kind that wouldnā€™t want to contribute even Ā£1as tax, because she thinks she is above it all. Parting with money- unless it is to generate more money- is the only thing Lady Aga doesnā€™t like. Freebies are always welcome.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Can anyone throw any light on how she affords all of this ā€˜stuffā€™. Sheā€™s bought a 2million pound house and is now kitting it out with stuff from the most expensive places! Even bankers earning a small fortune wouldnā€™t be able to afford all this... I mean what 29 year old buys a bed from soho home for nearly Ā£4K ?!! I genuinely donā€™t understand it... there are other influences bigger than her that donā€™t have half of this stuff!

• Heart
Can anyone throw any light on how she affords all of this ā€˜stuffā€™. Sheā€™s bought a 2million pound house and is now kitting it out with stuff from the most expensive places! Even bankers earning a small fortune wouldnā€™t be able to afford all this... I mean what 29 year old buys a bed from soho home for nearly Ā£4K ?!! I genuinely donā€™t understand it... there are other influences bigger than her that donā€™t have half of this stuff!
Influencers get their income in different ways, for Josie she can afford the house because she had inheritance with which she had bought her Clapham house and I am sure her mom has helped her out here too.
She earns her income via most of the options below:

Instagram:
1. Paid partnerships ( for Josie it might be anywhere Ā£4000-Ā£10000)
2. Affiliate links (Major contributor)

YouTube:
1. Paid partnerships( again in the same range as above)
2. Affiliate links (major contributor)
3. Adsense

Blog:
1. Specific posts about a brand
2. Affiliate links

Presets

These doesnā€™t include any freebies coming their way, sponsored travel and other events.

Most of these girls are tight with their money, exactly why they keep begging for everything. They know this influencer culture wonā€™t last so they donā€™t spend anything from their account.

It is safe to say they earn on par with bankers, if not more without any of the risks and expertise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
No, she meant she could have a major tax bill coming her way, so her accountant has asked her to submit all her bills and invoices so he can reduce the possible tax bill showing most of it as business expense.
Her tax bill will be a quite high compared to most of us, look at the amount of shopping she has done in the past year. She has clothes that can cover generations and will last too, since most of it is polyester! Along with the fact she will be paying tax for a house and a flat. The tax bill will be major for her and will push her to a different tax bracket too. (Please do correct me if I am wrong, this is how it works in the two countries I have lived in.)

She is definitely the kind that wouldnā€™t want to contribute even Ā£1as tax, because she thinks she is above it all. Parting with money- unless it is to generate more money- is the only thing Lady Aga doesnā€™t like. Freebies are always welcome.
Yes I understand that itā€™s the calculation the accountant is doing and pre-warning her. What I mean is she herself says itā€™s big but that means nothing really. I might think Ā£50,000 is big for example she might think Ā£15,000 is big. Thatā€™s a difference of opinion so I just mean simply as sheā€™s said itā€™s big doesnā€™t give a massive amount away. In any event in the UK you can apply to defer your tax bill. Still got to be paid but you can delay it due to COVID. So if sheā€™s unable to pay just now sheā€™s got time to ram more affiliate links down peopleā€™s throats šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚. She will have had to pay a huge amount already in land tax so haha to her šŸ™Š. She probably is in the higher tax bracket but I donā€™t think thatā€™s likely to be any new thing to her šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø. Anyway you look at it itā€™s tacky to discuss on your YT channel. But most likely sheā€™s hoping it makes her viewers feel sorry for her and buy more or watch the ads ā€œjust to help outā€ šŸ¤®šŸ¤®.

haha absolutely it wouldnā€™t matter if her tax bill was Ā£10 sheā€™d still complain as to her itā€™s money that isnā€™t making her more money šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚.

• Haha
  • Heart
Yes I understand that itā€™s the calculation the accountant is doing and pre-warning her. What I mean is she herself says itā€™s big but that means nothing really. I might think Ā£50,000 is big for example she might think Ā£15,000 is big. Thatā€™s a difference of opinion so I just mean simply as sheā€™s said itā€™s big doesnā€™t give a massive amount away. In any event in the UK you can apply to defer your tax bill. Still got to be paid but you can delay it due to COVID. So if sheā€™s unable to pay just now sheā€™s got time to ram more affiliate links down peopleā€™s throats šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚. She will have had to pay a huge amount already in land tax so haha to her šŸ™Š. She probably is in the higher tax bracket but I donā€™t think thatā€™s likely to be any new thing to her šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø. Anyway you look at it itā€™s tacky to discuss on your YT channel. But most likely sheā€™s hoping it makes her viewers feel sorry for her and buy more or watch the ads ā€œjust to help outā€ šŸ¤®šŸ¤®.

haha absolutely it wouldnā€™t matter if her tax bill was Ā£10 sheā€™d still complain as to her itā€™s money that isnā€™t making her more money šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚.
Oh definitely, anything more than Ā£1 is big for her. Also itā€™s not a new tactic she does this every year. Sheā€™s complained last year too about government charging self employed people higher taxes. Like I donā€™t understand that logic, her tax bill will correspond to her earnings and no government is trying to crush small businesses, if anything they get a lot of tax breaks.
Last year she was angry how her taxes were going into government and sheā€™s not getting any benefits. This year sheā€™s prancing around in her gifted boots asking to contribute to NHS šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
She mentions it in her videos so her crazy minions contribute to her income since ā€œshe works so hard and deserves itā€ - their words not mine!

• Sick
  • Sad
Oh definitely, anything more than Ā£1 is big for her. Also itā€™s not a new tactic she does this every year. Sheā€™s complained last year too about government charging self employed people higher taxes. Like I donā€™t understand that logic, her tax bill will correspond to her earnings and no government is trying to crush small businesses, if anything they get a lot of tax breaks.
Last year she was angry how her taxes were going into government and sheā€™s not getting any benefits. This year sheā€™s prancing around in her gifted boots asking to contribute to NHS šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
She mentions it in her videos so her crazy minions contribute to her income since ā€œshe works so hard and deserves itā€ - their words not mine!
Ah she really is some piece of work! šŸ™„

In other updates we have more uniquely wonderful instagram stories of floral dresses with a cardigan, some veg/herbs/flowers & the ā€œhoundsā€ over and over and over again. Sheā€™s got stuck on repeat. Someone unplug her and restart pleaseeee šŸ˜©

• Haha
You can look up Fashion Mumblr accounts submitted to the company house online. For year ending 31.08.2017. She has declared 310k net turnover and net profit 210k. That should give you ideas about how she affords stuff. Also can see that in 2019 she has acquired fixed assets for 500k, that will be the Chiswick flat.

• Wow
  • Heart
Influencers aren't regular people who buy stuff because they like it. They just like to pretend they do, so they seem "relatable" to their followers šŸ™„.

They are business women who receive lots of clothes, shoes, home ware and so on for free, so they can promote it on their social media. And they have lots of other ways of making money (sponsorships, affiliate links and many more).

Josie is just a very good business woman (hustler).

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

I take your point yes. There is one thing for sure with your Dutch friend - they WILL eventually catch up with her (the tax man always does in the end) and she will then have to pay up...

No one likes a tax bill thatā€™s for sure and even though you may have earned the money there is always a feeling of Aggggghhhhh! about a tax bill, especially when we know the money we pay can go to all the wrong places!! Are you listening Mr Johnson?šŸ™„ When I get my tax bill I always think of all the things I could have spent that money (my money!) on. Anyway, I am terrified of leaving anything out in case there is a tax inspection and they may tell me I owe any more tax. I would surmise that most people paying tax, either through self-assessment or an accountant have a similar mindset because we donā€™t want to set up more bills/problems in the future. I cannot imagine Josie is any different and because she is in the public eye she is probably even more uber-careful than most of us because everything can be seen and checked. I know we are allowed to gift Ā£3,000 per annum in the UK. Anything over that is liable for tax to be paid by the recipient. They stealth tax us any way they can - ( put your hearing aid in Mr Johnson!) . Large pharmaceutical companies who can well afford to pay tax get massive tax exemptions but the likes of us do not. Somehow, I cant see someone in an Influencerā€˜s position leaving themselves wide open to get clobbered in the future and for everyone to be made aware of that with the attendant bad publicity. Who would welcome that into their lives? There would be massive fines and you might lose everything. I just canā€™t see Josie doing that.

Reactions: 7
:cautious:
So where is the problem of giving a small amount away to the NHS or some charity ??:confused:
I remember when she bought those outrageously expensive leather boots which had a limited edition attachment customers could buy for their existing pairs with proceeds to NHS. She said at time that although she and Char had been 'kindly gifted' these they 'had of course made a donation' At the time I remember thinking to myself 'yeah, probably Ā£5' You could tell from her body language that donating to good causes is not something which comes easily to heršŸ¤Ø

:cautious:
So where is the problem of giving a small amount away to the NHS or some charity ??:confused:
Also a comment on a vlog back when they first moved suggested Josie box up lots of 'pamper packages' to gift to local hospitals with all the boxes of freebies she was seen moving to new property. She replied to the comment 'Already done !' I actually doubt this very much as imagine she would have covered this in previous blog/vlog. Anyone seen any evidence of this ?? Josie is one of lifes takers, it's all Take, take, take.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I remember when she bought those outrageously expensive leather boots which had a limited edition attachment customers could buy for their existing pairs with proceeds to NHS. She said at time that although she and Char had been 'kindly gifted' these they 'had of course made a donation' At the time I remember thinking to myself 'yeah, probably Ā£5' You could tell from her body language that donating to good causes is not something which comes easily to heršŸ¤Ø

Also a comment on a vlog back when they first moved suggested Josie box up lots of 'pamper packages' to gift to local hospitals with all the boxes of freebies she was seen moving to new property. She replied to the comment 'Already done !' I actually doubt this very much as imagine she would have covered this in previous blog/vlog. Anyone seen any evidence of this ?? Josie is one of lifes takers, it's all Take, take, take.
That is NOT the way The Secret works...

• Heart
Reactions: 9

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if she didnā€™t donate anything at all. A PR company sent her those boots and tassels, not the actual company that theyā€™re from - I donā€™t think they want anything to do with her!

• Haha
  • Sick
You can look up Fashion Mumblr accounts submitted to the company house online. For year ending 31.08.2017. She has declared 310k net turnover and net profit 210k. That should give you ideas about how she affords stuff. Also can see that in 2019 she has acquired fixed assets for 500k, that will be the Chiswick flat.
Hi can you tell me what she is listed under on Company House UK and is there more than one account please, i.e. Charlie also involved?

Reactions: 6
Hi can you tell me what she is listed under on Company House UK and is there more than one account please, i.e. Charlie also involved?
Itā€™s Fashion Mumblr Ltd, no evidence of Charlie there, she is listed as Director (editor) and it states that number of employees is zero

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.