Fashion Mumblr #10 Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's most EPIC of them all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no hope for that to happen. She really is Teflon Josie. Even a racism issue couldn’t shake her up. People are so blind, she can do no wrong in their eyes. They defended her even on her racist tweets?!

Josie must be hating the pandemic, she could have been on gifted vacations and got so much freebies for her place by now. If not for the pandemic she would have had a free furnished place by now. The partnership deals have dried out too.
She was quick to delete and stay quiet. That’s why nothing sticks with her. Most people don’t have Twitter

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I think it was Charlie's constant mansplaining that first got me curious?

Actually, at first I thought she was about 40. Started watching fall of 2018. Then I realized she was much younger and was wondering how a young person could afford loads of Chloe, Valentino, Net A Porter hauls. That and the put on poshness(yes, this is a word) 😊 and accent.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I went and checked that video, I was so shocked she did that and she kept it in the vlog. They bought the rest of the family £12 mugs. While both of the them “treated themselves” to luxury products 🤢
Oh they do love an ''occasional" treat !!!! Josie 'treats' herself at least 5 times a day, a pamper session, a £800 dress, some luxury make up, a candle, bouquet of flowers..... one wonders what she does to celebrate her birthday when every day of her life is filled with 'treats'

Josie didn’t bring me here but the way her man interrupts her did. It’s so irritating, I like it much better when it’s just her.
Oh you have much to learn 🤣 You may eventually realise that Josie can actually be worse than Charlie !! I used to like Josie, thought she was sweet and I do like her fashion style. It's the excessive consumption and greed (and fake accent) that eventually led me here..... thanks for sharing 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anyone remember the vlog (Feb this year?) when she was crying into the camera saying she was so dreadfully upset about the Australia forest fires and particularly the loss of wildlife and that doing a fashion haul just seemed so inappropriate? Very next vlog was- you guessed it- fashion haul. Looking back now I think she was crying due to stress of house sale as she later referred to lots of issues they had during sale. Us viewers hadnt been told of the pending house move and most probably believed that Josie was genuinely upset about the koalas, soon consoled herself by ordering another pile of 'timeless' clothing 😉
You are exactly right, and she also went quiet at around that time. I remember that when she was so supposedly concerned about the forest fires, she was actually on holiday in the Maldives and posting instagram photos, so I think the reason for the quietness was not because she was so concerned about the fires and the koala bears, but because she was stressed about the purchase of The Gold Rectory and also was on holiday...

• Haha
  • Angry
Was it a particular vlog, comment or instagram post ? Fascinated to hear what brought people here.
Thanks to Josie’s instastory about a petition to shut this website down, I wouldn’t have even known about TL. I started reading about her and some of the others I follow and it’s totally opened my eyes. Now I’m addicted!

Josie should be thankful ~ I wouldn’t even watch her Vlogs if it wasn’t for the hilarious commentary here!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Thanks to Josie’s instastory about a petition to shut this website down, I wouldn’t have even known about TL. I started reading about her and some of the others I follow and it’s totally opened my eyes. Now I’m addicted!

Josie should be thankful ~ I wouldn’t even watch her Vlogs if it wasn’t for the hilarious commentary here!!
Wow!!!!! I had no idea about a petition to shut down Tattle !!!! I'm trying to stop watching her vlogs but also just watch them for the comedy value now !!! It's difficult to read the comments though when she has so many people fooled !!! Does anyone know how Josie first became aware of Tattle ? Do tell !!!☺

• Haha
Wow!!!!! I had no idea about a petition to shut down Tattle !!!! I'm trying to stop watching her vlogs but also just watch them for the comedy value now !!! It's difficult to read the comments though when she has so many people fooled !!! Does anyone know how Josie first became aware of Tattle ? Do tell !!!☺
I also didn’t know about this petition! Or maybe I saw it and didn’t know what Tattle was so didn’t care 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Everyone ready for the next vlog to be uploaded?! Hannah's Rainbow Dog has probably 'liked' it already 🤣 if she has filmed inside Soho Farmhouse let's report her....

• Haha
Oh they do love an ''occasional" treat !!!! Josie 'treats' herself at least 5 times a day, a pamper session, a £800 dress, some luxury make up, a candle, bouquet of flowers..... one wonders what she does to celebrate her birthday when every day of her life is filled with 'treats'

Oh you have much to learn 🤣 You may eventually realise that Josie can actually be worse than Charlie !! I used to like Josie, thought she was sweet and I do like her fashion style. It's the excessive consumption and greed (and fake accent) that eventually led me here..... thanks for sharing 😊
I hear exactly what you are saying. However, in comparison to other influencers I get the impression very strongly that she is totally committed to earnestly making a good job of what she does. I have no problem with her earning money from this any more than I have a problem with the new woman Chairman of John Lewis earning £1M per annum in salary. Successful women are to be applauded. John Lewis got it bang on right. Anyway, IMHO Josie strives to research and present in a way that captures my attention. Same as Stephanie Jarvis with her Chateau in France. During lockdown my interest in Josie’s new home was a contributing factor to helping me deal with the isolation (apart from my little dog) whilst running my company from home. I am so grateful to her for that. Honestly. However, put Mr Know-it-all in the mainframe and I do admit I crumple a bit...I choose to see her in a different way to you but I really do get how it feels to be disenfranchised with Influencers who make so little effort by comparison. I definitely am not saying I am right. We all see thing differently and it’s really good to have an outlet here to express how we feel. Long may it continue 💕

Reactions: 6
I don't know how many trips Josie took last year - but compared to this year - she must be going up the wall trying to get out and do some more "photo content" or freebie trip off of some manufacturer

I hear exactly what you are saying. However, in comparison to other influencers I get the impression very strongly that she is totally committed to earnestly making a good job of what she does. I have no problem with her earning money from this any more than I have a problem with the new woman Chairman of John Lewis earning £1M per annum in salary. Successful women are to be applauded. John Lewis got it bang on right. Anyway, IMHO Josie strives to research and present in a way that captures my attention. Same as Stephanie Jarvis with her Chateau in France. During lockdown my interest in Josie’s new home was a contributing factor to helping me deal with the isolation (apart from my little dog) whilst running my company from home. I am so grateful to her for that. Honestly. However, put Mr Know-it-all in the mainframe and I do admit I crumple a bit...I choose to see her in a different way to you but I really do get how it feels to be disenfranchised with Influencers who make so little effort by comparison. I definitely am not saying I am right. We all see thing differently and it’s really good to have an outlet here to express how we feel. Long may it continue 💕
Hmmmmm I get that you were helped by her videos - that is good. BUT she earns a tit load of money and works very hard to deceive (put the word AD in white on a beige background - really), and does not declare all gifts, I could go on and on - usually there is a summary at the beginning of each of these forums about her. As a healthcare worker with 2 master's degrees etc I do see Josie differently from you - I work hard and uphold the law, Josie does not work hard, she continuously begs for free merchandise, does not so charitable work, etc etc I could go on but I might throw up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I don't know how many trips Josie took last year - but compared to this year - she must be going up the wall trying to get out and do some more "photo content" or freebie trip off of some manufacturer
She was out among the bluebells and along the field path and in the garden posing... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm sorry to put it bluntly but you are still fooled by her sweet facade.

She has done a scam with her mum, in which she swindled people out of their money and that is fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I agree. She does seem hard working and women should absolutely be paid for their hard work, equal to men

But there is something off here. A lack of transparency? No appearance of giving back. Clearly asking for online sponsorships. Waste and excess. There are many hard working women on YouTube and IG that do not do this. That is what has put me off.

** and the house. It is beautiful, but if she can afford that house then she can afford professional decorators and new furniture rather than spray painting everything gold and making major diy design mistakes.

She also refused to take very important advice, such as not storing wood from outside in the house (bugs that can ruin a home because they thrive off wood and storing logs near a stove is a fire hazard)

Bottom line. She is not always forthright and that bothers me. Honesty matters. Being called a 'liar' which is not the nicest of words really hit a nerve with her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree the vlogs were good escapism during lockdown for many people judging by the comments. However I dont agree with anyone earning that kind of money (be it celebrities, footballers, tv presenters etc) when millions of people around the world are struggling. I admire people who work hard to contribute to society (NHS ,teachers, police, supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc). I know many will argue that Josie contributes by posting enjoyable content but I think people should realise by now she is driven by vanity and greed (not altruism) and has been proven on several occasions to be deceitful. I would never consider her to be a good role model. It is good for people to share opinions here I think, hope you are feeling less isolated now 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Hmmmmm I get that you were helped by her videos - that is good. BUT she earns a tit load of money and works very hard to deceive (put the word AD in white on a beige background - really), and does not declare all gifts, I could go on and on - usually there is a summary at the beginning of each of these forums about her. As a healthcare worker with 2 master's degrees etc I do see Josie differently from you - I work hard and uphold the law, Josie does not work hard, she continuously begs for free merchandise, does not so charitable work, etc etc I could go on but I might throw up.
I feel like that about Lydia so BELIEVE me I really do get what you say. Also, if what I have said has upset you in any way please forgive me because that wasn’t my intention far from it. Like you I worked super hard for my qualifications and can only imagine what it must be like to be front line at the moment as you must be. I am not front line per se but I am wholly responsible for a lot of people’s jobs within my company. I use the Influencer’s videos as respite. A way of switching off. Some influencers are slap-dash and some are not in their content. I notice this much more than anything else somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am glad she helped you during this lockdown period. I am all for women supporting women. She compared to other YouTubers seems to work hard too.
But I wouldn’t compare her to the chairman of John Lewis. Can you imagine the consistent years of hard work, sacrifice she must have made to break the glass ceiling? To be even considered for the position? Josie isn’t even in the shadow of that woman.
Josie has actually scammed people of their money with her mom. If caught could run into serious trouble with the law. She refuses to declare partnerships and ADs because she wants to portray a certain lifestyle. She has been caught with racist tweets on her twitter profile. Doesn’t give back in any shape or form. Hoardes like no one’s business and then has the audacity to put up IG stories of shaming people for their Starbucks cups.

This isn’t about her earning a certain amount, this is about not supporting someone who scams people. There are plenty of hardworking, honest women out there making content on IG and YouTube. Sadly Josie isn’t one of them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I was following our scammer up until early 2019 in the period of 8 months she had 26 paid holidays with chazza aswell of course must be lovely !

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I agree the vlogs were good escapism during lockdown for many people judging by the comments. However I dont agree with anyone earning that kind of money (be it celebrities, footballers, tv presenters etc) when millions of people around the world are struggling. I admire people who work hard to contribute to society (NHS ,teachers, police, supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc). I know many will argue that Josie contributes by posting enjoyable content but I think people should realise by now she is driven by vanity and greed (not altruism) and has been proven on several occasions to be deceitful. I would never consider her to be a good role model. It is good for people to share opinions here I think, hope you are feeling less isolated now 😊
What a kind thing to say! Thank you so much. Yes it’s definitely getting so much easier although I am still a little wary of taking my little dog out just in case. So we charge (well he does) up and down the garden and I float like a cloud behind him in a linen frock (a la frocking Lydia) and point at things for my imaginary partner to dig up...🙈.
My role models have never been Influencers, more women of spirit, kindness and guts. However, I am a huge hypocrite because no matter how hard I try I cannot be kind about Lydia. So your Achilles’s heel is Josie and mine is LEM. 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.