Family Fizz #8 another day, another nation. Kids still get no education

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously, the kids not receiving an education is terrible. Children deserve every opportunity possible to learn, grow and develop. But the thing I have the biggest problem with, is their attitude towards it. Mia saying that people only do their GCSEs to get a job and earn money and claiming she doesn't need to do that because she already has money is just ignorant in my opinion. Her attitude towards education is disgusting but I cant blame her because she is being brainwashed by her parents

i fully agree.
it also makes me mad cause they literally are in the position to be able to put their kids into local schools or do correspondence but they do not. it really pisses me off.
cause there is so many kids out there who are refuges or live in war zones who cannot access education and they want education but cannot get it.
and then lets not forget women in Afghanistan who are literally burning their college degrees to pretend they're not educated.

like seriously this family have such privilege and opportunity to be educated and be open about getting an education. and because of brainwashing parents the kids will never get an education and are being set up to fail

Reactions: 11
i fully agree.
it also makes me mad cause they literally are in the position to be able to put their kids into local schools or do correspondence but they do not. it really pisses me off.
cause there is so many kids out there who are refuges or live in war zones who cannot access education and they want education but cannot get it.
and then lets not forget women in Afghanistan who are literally burning their college degrees to pretend they're not educated.

like seriously this family have such privilege and opportunity to be educated and be open about getting an education. and because of brainwashing parents the kids will never get an education and are being set up to fail
THIS. They're living in the UK, a country with some of THE most prestigious schools, and where the quality of education is amazing.
I'm pretty sure they'd love school, (especially Sienna, who from what I've seen loves learning) but they can't bc their parents think it's a waste of time. I understand why a lot of people don't like how traditional schools work, but G&D's ways of homeschooling just don't sit right with me.. (if I remember correctly, in one of their videos they showed Sienna doing stuff in workbooks they'd given her, and Mia just working on her book. that was pretty much all they did the entire day.)

Reactions: 14
It would be pointless them kids going to school with the constant moving around (3 or 4 times they have moved in the last 3 months of being back in england) i would hate that kind of life and ive lived some of it, not as bad as these but i haved moved so much, think im on house 14/5 in 33yrs, my first house i was in for first 10yrs of life. Was not nice living out of a suitcase or a single carrier bag for some of those placee

Reactions: 6
Darren & Georgie are just so selfish. They could easily stay in England (or anywhere else for that matter) for the duration of their childrens education. Schools have amazing holidays and they could easily travel during Christmas/half term/summer. I don’t know why you would bring children into this world and deny them any opportunity to learn and become the best possible versions of themselves. It really breaks my heart.

Reactions: 18
I commented on today’s vlog about them wasting money on stupid challenges and being insensitive about money in today’s difficult financial age. They think that Evian-branded water and Galaxy chocolate are ‘cheap’. It is so insensitive. I’d say Aldi water bottles and own brand chocolate were cheap. They are soooo above their station. It makes me sick how they’re so preachy about kindness yet they have such hugely inflated egos. The day they leave YouTube will be a good one.

Reactions: 21
Hopefully Mia has enough money saved where she can get qualifications later on if she wants to.
Even if Mia isn't going to be working for someone else as such, a Spanish qualification would give some more credibility if she wanted to set up a business involving that.

Reactions: 10
It’s sad that they think the only reason to get an education is to get a job - what about to have conversations with people, learn about the world - history, geography, finance? Different cultures? Write letters? Basic maths? There is more to education than employment. I’d hate to be sat with my friends or colleagues and not have a clue what they were talking about because my parents thought I didn’t need an education for anything other than future employment.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I commented on today’s vlog about them wasting money on stupid challenges and being insensitive about money in today’s difficult financial age. They think that Evian-branded water and Galaxy chocolate are ‘cheap’. It is so insensitive. I’d say Aldi water bottles and own brand chocolate were cheap. They are soooo above their station. It makes me sick how they’re so preachy about kindness yet they have such hugely inflated egos. The day they leave YouTube will be a good one.
My comment was deleted within 1 hour.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I agree with this so much and thought the same when watching. That galaxy vegan chocolate is NOT cheap. They need to really take a look at where they came from. They went downhill as soon as they started making money from YouTube

It’s sad that they think the only reason to get an education is to get a job - what about to have conversations with people, learn about the world - history, geography, finance? Different cultures? Write letters? Basic maths? There is more to education than employment. I’d hate to be sat with my friends or colleagues and not have a clue what they were talking about because my parents thought I didn’t need an education for anything other than future employment.
This ⬆ x 1000000

Reactions: 9
I agree with this so much and thought the same when watching. That galaxy vegan chocolate is NOT cheap. They need to really take a look at where they came from. They went downhill as soon as they started making money from YouTube
If you want cheap vegan chocolate you can get the Morrisons Savers Dark Chocolate, which costs 30p - the Galaxy vegan bar is at £3.00 ten times the price of that and since the Savers one is also a dark chocolate it would have been a better comparison for them to make in the video.

They have a video on their channel called "From Council Estate To Private School" and they would do better if they remembered where they were before YouTube fame. If you are poor £3.00 is days worth of food not just a sweet treat.

Todays video was out of touch. Labelling items, that are even too expensive for me as a mum of 6 to buy, as “cheap” to their impressionable fans isn’t okay. There is a high possibility that there’s children watching who have nothing, and would do anything for that “cheap” food.

• Sad
  • Heart
there's a saying, 'if you don't use it, you'll lose it' and i feel like this definitely applies in this situation because a lot of people are saying that maybe later in life if they change their minds, they could resume their education but i feel like it would be very difficult and they probably wouldn't reach their full potential than if they had just stayed in school whilst they were young, because its so much easier to learn and pick up on things faster when you're younger, something to do with children having more brain plasticity or something i think? I've heard that its way easier for children to pick up a new language than trying to learn a new language as an adult.
we talked about it on my psychology course but it was a long time ago so it might be the wrong concept.

there's a saying, 'if you don't use it, you'll lose it' and i feel like this definitely applies in this situation because a lot of people are saying that maybe later in life if they change their minds, they could resume their education but i feel like it would be very difficult and they probably wouldn't reach their full potential than if they had just stayed in school whilst they were young, because its so much easier to learn and pick up on things faster when you're younger, something to do with children having more brain plasticity or something i think? I've heard that its way easier for children to pick up a new language than trying to learn a new language as an adult.
we talked about it on my psychology course but it was a long time ago so it might be the wrong concept.
Absolutely this. I think the language thing is due to pathways not being set so they're able to pick up on the different sounds languages' have whereas you lose some of that ability when your older if you've not used it as you grew.

And learning as an adult, obviously this isn't always the case, but I've noticed that the mature students at uni who have been out of education for a while often find it more difficult to get into the flow of uni. And, depending on what they've been doing between school and uni, they can often find it difficult to interpret how to write for some pieces of work where there is an expectation for you to just know. Again, this is just generalisations from what I've seen as a 1st year 😅

And obviously uni is only one of many ways to further your education in adulthood but I can't comment on the others cos I've not experienced them. It would be interesting to hear from someone who returned to education as an adult

Reactions: 9
Absolutely this. I think the language thing is due to pathways not being set so they're able to pick up on the different sounds languages' have whereas you lose some of that ability when your older if you've not used it as you grew.

And learning as an adult, obviously this isn't always the case, but I've noticed that the mature students at uni who have been out of education for a while often find it more difficult to get into the flow of uni. And, depending on what they've been doing between school and uni, they can often find it difficult to interpret how to write for some pieces of work where there is an expectation for you to just know. Again, this is just generalisations from what I've seen as a 1st year 😅

And obviously uni is only one of many ways to further your education in adulthood but I can't comment on the others cos I've not experienced them. It would be interesting to hear from someone who returned to education as an adult
I also think it’s probably easier to go through education with peers your own age rather than getting back into it later in life with peers who are a lot younger. I’m doing a course at uni that tends to get quite a few mature students and in some ways it benefits them as they have more life experience but in other ways they struggle because they can’t relate to the maturity of us who are in our late teens/early twenties. It’d be even worse for someone like Mia because she’s spent her whole life sheltered and likely will continue to as an adult, so likely wont be very mature. Plus she has a lot of education to catch up on if she ever wants to go for higher education, most mature students got at least their GCSEs but just took a different path and decided to go to uni later on.

I hate how Darren thinks the only point in going to school is to work for someone else and that YouTube has given them loads of opportunities, when the reality is there aren’t many jobs outside of being influencers they could do without an education. He’s filled his kid’s heads with the idea they can get any job using the skills they’ve learnt from YouTube when no employer is going to take them seriously without actual qualifications. If Mia was doing a film course on top of making videos that’d be great because she could use her existing skills to help her get through the course, and learn more, but she isn’t so is stuck with YouTube being her only option.

Reactions: 13
I’ve been thinking as well, with them spending money here and there and they don’t care at all. How are their kids gonna manage their money as adults? Their parents seems like those kind that says “ oh just throw it out we will get you new ones when we move “ kind of parents.

Ofc it’s great they became successful and have money to give to their kids but spending it like this and now teach the value in the money that they never had growing up is not ideal. These kids thinks they can buy whatever they want and throw it away as they can always get new things from their parents.

As they grow older they will keep having this ideal that they can always buy new things and not value the things they have. I don’t blame the kids but I blame their parents for this.

And as they grow older their money might be gone sooner than later as they are gonna grow it on buying things as they won’t see the value or be careful with it if you get what I mean and they will have to start working and they won’t have that social part and education part that their parent never gave them growing up. I’m just looking into the future here but you never know

Reactions: 10
It’s entirely out of touch surely even as *rich* YouTubers surely they can see that the money they spent on a bar of what they call cheap chocolate is a meal for some. Family freedom recently uploaded the same type of video from Lidl and Waitrose they set such a better example as a family channel especially compared to most with all their lavish spending and spoiled children they really seem to appreciate what they have.

Reactions: 12
they do realize that entrepreneurship requires ability to be able to know how to market (social skills; not being tone deaf), ability to be good at doing accounts and long term financial planning. at minimum mia would need to do some accounting courses or even a short business course. but would be preferential for her to do bcom (bachelor of commerce). being an entrepreneur also means needing to have some originality and finding a gap to exploit. unfortunately for mia there are so many spanish tutors out there with uni degrees or native speakers offering their time to teach people spanish. even a ton of language skills. she is going to find it very difficult to make anything of herself. since she just wont go to school because she been brainwashed so much by her parents. her mom has done the same thing her mom did to her. raise her in a confined world view limiting bubble. basically the same as being raised in a cult. and generally poor sienna. Sienna obviously loves learning and science. personally i didn't do a lot of science till i got to high school, so i know public schools arent always the best place for science loving kids. but the things you learn in primary and intermediate are still helpful for science later on. like being able to spell, and do multiplication and division and squared roots quickly in my head. the crocodile signs for greater then or less then.

Reactions: 13
I stopped watching family freedom because of some of their views. But wow they're so much better than family fizz. The cooking video is so cute. Bob and Katie are so lovely with the kids. And I love that Sienna and JoJo are great friends still.

Reactions: 7
If you wanna cringe hard on a mom trying to look better than her daughter. Click the video..

The mom's attitude is just so weird and the daughter just seemed happy to enjoy some girls time with her mom...it's sad
Both parents give me predatory vibes

Reactions: 6