Family Fizz #5 Dodging taxes, dodging dads. Permanent holidays? It’s all a fad.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly. I’ve been in a state I’ve never been in before, I’ve never been so depressed and unmotivated. I can’t get out of bed. The only thing keeping me going is the thought of seeing my friends, going on a holiday with my friends. I spent the days on Pinterest just waiting. Because i know that the longer i wait, the more it will be worth it. And god it’s painful to see these naive, ignorant youtubers just jetting off to wherever they fancy, for the most selfish reasons.
I am all too familiar with depressed and unmotivated states where I can't get out of bed. I know you're not asking for advice but in case it helps I find putting things by the bed to encourage me to do stuff in bed even if i can't get out helps me. I have some 1kg hand weights and sometimes i will sit in bed and to bicep curls just to try and keep a little active. I keep books of short stories by the bed so if I think maybe I should read something I can read a whole short story and that usually gives me a little feeling of achievement and it's a lot easier to persuade myself to read 15 pages than 400. If I can give myself enough little buzzes of endorphins then I start to feel a bit better so I just bring everything to bed with me and hope something takes.

Honestly Family Fizz just kind of bore me now but listening to them drone on about how perfect their lives are actually makes me want to get up and do something that is actually worthwhile to me which is why I keep watching them. Sometimes anger is a lot better motivation than anything else and I know if I can motivate myself I can have a much more interesting day than they are having with their cult-like no-TV life (even just by watching a film I haven't seen yet and it's not like I'm ever going to run out).

When I was younger I wanted to do the whole travel life thing but then I realized that while traveling is fun living without all the things I have that make being a home fun wouldn't be. I'm at home with my baking supplies and spice rack for cooking all kinds of fun foods and desserts from around the world, arts and sewing/embroidery supplies, books, appropriate clothing for all occasions and all the comfort items that make me feel better when I start to go in a downward spiral including my 20kg weighted blanket. My bucket list is half-travel half-home and honestly most of what Family Fizz are doing you could do at home, they just have a tan whilst doing it.

Reactions: 20
Hahaha they make another video and still don’t tell us where they are just more clues. And then say they may stay there long term. What, a year?! Lol
Guaranteed they're only planning to stay as long as they are able because of Covid restrictions. They'll be onto the next country as soon as restrictions ease.

I understand why some people may feel envious of their lifestyle. For me, I prefer having family and friends and a stable home environment for myself, my husband and my children. Yes, beaches are nice. But so are family memories and raising your children in a way that isn't exploitive.

Reactions: 14
Guaranteed they're only planning to stay as long as they are able because of Covid restrictions. They'll be onto the next country as soon as restrictions ease.

I understand why some people may feel envious of their lifestyle. For me, I prefer having family and friends and a stable home environment for myself, my husband and my children. Yes, beaches are nice. But so are family memories and raising your children in a way that isn't exploitive.
I agree. I much prefer to have a home that I can make my own and live somewhere surrounded by friends and family. Traveling is wonderful but studies show again and again the quality of our relationships in life are what make life meaningful. Cutting off all other people outside your immediate family is not healthy for anyone. That and never having a sense of community and belonging anywhere because you never stay long enough. In a way they are avoiding the harder parts of life by always traveling.

Reactions: 10
When has mia had the time to write a book? There is a post where she reads a couple of pages and the start of the book is about sienna's 9th birthday which was only in September. Is 6 months enough to write, publish and release a whole book? It's weird but the book sounds like it's filled with actual conversations they have had, as In its not fiction, but it's not non fiction either it's about filming videos, stopping camera, talking to georgie does that make sense? I'm wondering how mia has pulled this off, I can imagine Darren and georgie don't like them sitting in front of tech all day. I have a strange feeling that's saying mia didn't write it but I don't know why?

Reactions: 7
When has mia had the time to write a book? There is a post where she reads a couple of pages and the start of the book is about sienna's 9th birthday which was only in September. Is 6 months enough to write, publish and release a whole book? It's weird but the book sounds like it's filled with actual conversations they have had, as In its not fiction, but it's not non fiction either it's about filming videos, stopping camera, talking to georgie does that make sense? I'm wondering how mia has pulled this off, I can imagine Darren and georgie don't like them sitting in front of tech all day. I have a strange feeling that's saying mia didn't write it but I don't know why?
It looks really thin and we know that she hired an editor before publishing her first book so honestly she could have just done a rough draft of conversations they had and sent it off to a ghostwriter to get it up to scratch. Kind of like writing a diary. Also she's self-published so she can do what she likes so it wouldn't take as long as going properly through an actual publisher.

She probably has had time to do it though because it's not like she's really doing anything. A bit of macrame, skateboarding, going to the beach and occasionally speaking to locals to practise her Spanish. She's probably bored stuck with her family. It's probably not going to be good though.

Reactions: 11
Oh, 100% the new ‘Mia's Life: Fan Takeover!’ is ghost written. Notice how Mia’s referred to Awkward to Awesome as a book she wrote, and All Things Mia Fizz as a colouring book she illustrated. Contrast it with how she’ll say ‘my new book’ and not specifically say she wrote it. Also, the new book is through a publisher unlike her others which she published independently.

Reactions: 13
I am all too familiar with depressed and unmotivated states where I can't get out of bed. I know you're not asking for advice but in case it helps I find putting things by the bed to encourage me to do stuff in bed even if i can't get out helps me. I have some 1kg hand weights and sometimes i will sit in bed and to bicep curls just to try and keep a little active. I keep books of short stories by the bed so if I think maybe I should read something I can read a whole short story and that usually gives me a little feeling of achievement and it's a lot easier to persuade myself to read 15 pages than 400. If I can give myself enough little buzzes of endorphins then I start to feel a bit better so I just bring everything to bed with me and hope something takes.

Honestly Family Fizz just kind of bore me now but listening to them drone on about how perfect their lives are actually makes me want to get up and do something that is actually worthwhile to me which is why I keep watching them. Sometimes anger is a lot better motivation than anything else and I know if I can motivate myself I can have a much more interesting day than they are having with their cult-like no-TV life (even just by watching a film I haven't seen yet and it's not like I'm ever going to run out).

When I was younger I wanted to do the whole travel life thing but then I realized that while traveling is fun living without all the things I have that make being a home fun wouldn't be. I'm at home with my baking supplies and spice rack for cooking all kinds of fun foods and desserts from around the world, arts and sewing/embroidery supplies, books, appropriate clothing for all occasions and all the comfort items that make me feel better when I start to go in a downward spiral including my 20kg weighted blanket. My bucket list is half-travel half-home and honestly most of what Family Fizz are doing you could do at home, they just have a tan whilst doing it.
Thank you so so much 💓 I’m finding it better now the weather is perking up a bit too

Reactions: 5
Even Mia’s colouring book isn’t exactly her own drawings because she did them on an iPad so any wonky lines etc would’ve been corrected. I know most colouring books are probably done this way, but it seems quite in genuine to sell a book of yout drawings because you’re such a great artist when Mia could’ve just traced drawings on her iPad and we’d be none the wiser. At least when you buy a colouring book it’s for the pictures and not because you favourite youtuber supposedly drew the pictures.
No one over the age of 13 is going to want to read Mia’s books, so none of her readers are going to realise that her writing isn’t that good and that anyone could just write a few stories about their lives and that the only reason they care about Mia’s is because she’s got a platform. I still don’t think I could take the writing of anyone who barely reads and hasn’t done English at school seriously. From the sounds of it, Mia hasn’t been to a proper English class since she was about 12, some of her fans probably have better writing skills. In a few years it’s going to be a little sad if she’s still trying to publish books about herself, it’s kinda sad now tbh. Has Mia ever mentioned reading an actual fiction novel? Although we tend to not read as much nowadays, moat kids her age will have a favourite book/genre, even if they’re not avid readers. Books aimed at teens still do really well (Hunger Games, for example). Maybe if she read something like that she’d realise what a decent novel is like and be inspired to study Literature a bit before writing any more books.

Reactions: 8
Even Mia’s colouring book isn’t exactly her own drawings because she did them on an iPad so any wonky lines etc would’ve been corrected. I know most colouring books are probably done this way, but it seems quite in genuine to sell a book of yout drawings because you’re such a great artist when Mia could’ve just traced drawings on her iPad and we’d be none the wiser. At least when you buy a colouring book it’s for the pictures and not because you favourite youtuber supposedly drew the pictures.
No one over the age of 13 is going to want to read Mia’s books, so none of her readers are going to realise that her writing isn’t that good and that anyone could just write a few stories about their lives and that the only reason they care about Mia’s is because she’s got a platform. I still don’t think I could take the writing of anyone who barely reads and hasn’t done English at school seriously. From the sounds of it, Mia hasn’t been to a proper English class since she was about 12, some of her fans probably have better writing skills. In a few years it’s going to be a little sad if she’s still trying to publish books about herself, it’s kinda sad now tbh. Has Mia ever mentioned reading an actual fiction novel? Although we tend to not read as much nowadays, moat kids her age will have a favourite book/genre, even if they’re not avid readers. Books aimed at teens still do really well (Hunger Games, for example). Maybe if she read something like that she’d realise what a decent novel is like and be inspired to study Literature a bit before writing any more books.
This is a partial reprint of part of a comment I did on the last thread about Mia and Sienna's reading habits:

Mia was reading Treasure Island on her phone in one of the Gran Canaria vlogs. The only other mention of Mia actually reading anything I can think of is the Homeschooling vlog mentioned she'd read The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens and in one of the recent vlogs she was reading The Body Electric which has been criticized as being scientifically inaccurate.

I have a really good memory when it comes to books being mentioned. So she read at some of one fiction book when she was like 12 but honestly I don't think I've heard her mention a fiction book since that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is a partial reprint of part of a comment I did on the last thread about Mia and Sienna's reading habits:

Mia was reading Treasure Island on her phone in one of the Gran Canaria vlogs. The only other mention of Mia actually reading anything I can think of is the Homeschooling vlog mentioned she'd read The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens and in one of the recent vlogs she was reading The Body Electric which has been criticized as being scientifically inaccurate.

I have a really good memory when it comes to books being mentioned. So she read at some of one fiction book when she was like 12 but honestly I don't think I've heard her mention a fiction book since that.
I dont think g&d allow them to read many books or watch movies/tv. The thing is they know if the kids find these ‘other worlds’ or get a sniff of their owen perspective/personality then it would be over for their little cult. They need their kids to be dumb and naive to make the ‘family’ work. especially for mia as she has an out, they need her not to want to get out

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I dont think g&d allow them to read many books or watch movies/tv. The thing is they know if the kids find these ‘other worlds’ or get a sniff of their owen perspective/personality then it would be over for their little cult. They need their kids to be dumb and naive to make the ‘family’ work. especially for mia as she has an out, they need her not to want to get out
Sienna has been shown reading more but it's almost definitely highly curated by her parents, she's never been shown going to the library and I think she got to buy a book in one vlog, most of the rest of the books shown are ones she gets in birthday and christmas present openings although quite a few a picture books. I remember her getting a Frida Kahlo book and Mexican plants and wildlife so they definately lean more towards non-fiction. I think Darren has been mentioned as reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and similar books and I remember Georgie having books about pregnancy / homebirth similar.

I believe Sienna has been shown reading The Secret Garden in Dubai (which she thought was old fashioned, although I think it might also be slightly above her reading level at the time), Tom's Midnight Garden (in one of the UK vlogs when Koa was born) and back in Dubai she mentioned a modern book series that I can't remember the name of but I think was like girl scientist. She also has some books on her iPad including one about dinosaurs.

Maybe they think fiction is for pre-teens? It's definitely Mia's demographic for hers.

Thsts what i mean, everything the kids see/ do is highly vetted by the parents to make sure it fits with their agenda

Thsts what i mean, everything the kids see/ do is highly
Sienna has been shown reading more but it's almost definitely highly curated by her parents, she's never been shown going to the library and I think she got to buy a book in one vlog, most of the rest of the books shown are ones she gets in birthday and christmas present openings although quite a few a picture books. I remember her getting a Frida Kahlo book and Mexican plants and wildlife so they definately lean more towards non-fiction. I think Darren has been mentioned as reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and similar books and I remember Georgie having books about pregnancy / homebirth similar.

I believe Sienna has been shown reading The Secret Garden in Dubai (which she thought was old fashioned, although I think it might also be slightly above her reading level at the time), Tom's Midnight Garden (in one of the UK vlogs when Koa was born) and back in Dubai she mentioned a modern book series that I can't remember the name of but I think was like girl scientist. She also has some books on her iPad including one about dinosaurs.

Maybe they think fiction is for pre-teens? It's definitely Mia's demographic for hers.
vetted by the parents to make sure it fits with their agenda

Reactions: 1
Thsts what i mean, everything the kids see/ do is highly vetted by the parents to make sure it fits with their agenda

Thsts what i mean, everything the kids see/ do is highly

vetted by the parents to make sure it fits with their agenda
Which makes them very cult like 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
While I support anyone who is vegan or vegetarian I think it is worth pointing out that a lot of cults have used a low protein diet to aid brainwashing. Whilst you hope that G+D are making sure the girls are getting enough nutrients if they are not it would make them easier to control and manipulate because it would lower their cognitive ability.

While I support anyone who is vegan or vegetarian I think it is worth pointing out that a lot of cults have used a low protein diet to aid brainwashing. Whilst you hope that G+D are making sure the girls are getting enough nutrients if they are not it would make them easier to control and manipulate because it would lower their cognitive ability.
I completely agree. G&d micromanage every aspect of their children’s lives. This is NOT normal

Reactions: 6
There's plenty of protein in a vegan diet :)
I found their channel when I was looking for nose piercing videos whilst I decided 😂 watching their family helped me realise I could be vegan although I do things differently from them (my daughter is vaccinated).
For a while I haven't found myself looking forward to their videos or relating to them in any way.. Realising they are probably anti-vax was a huge concern.

Reactions: 2
There's plenty of protein in a vegan diet :)
I found their channel when I was looking for nose piercing videos whilst I decided 😂 watching their family helped me realise I could be vegan although I do things differently from them (my daughter is vaccinated).
For a while I haven't found myself looking forward to their videos or relating to them in any way.. Realising they are probably anti-vax was a huge concern.
I know you can get protein on a vegan diet but it depends how you do the vegan diet. We don't see what they eat so we do not know that they are getting sufficient complete proteins and it is harder to keep up with protein on a vegan diet none of the sources have all the necessary amino acids and such. They seem very into pseudoscience which makes it hard to know if they would be listening to proper nutritional science regarding it.

I feel like Mia looked less healthy in the last vlog than she did a few months ago, but that could just be all the stuff with her dad getting to her, we know she is allowed unsupervised internet time on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok to get inspiration for her own so I don't think they could have stopped her from hearing about it.

Reactions: 8
I know you can get protein on a vegan diet but it depends how you do the vegan diet. We don't see what they eat so we do not know that they are getting sufficient complete proteins and it is harder to keep up with protein on a vegan diet none of the sources have all the necessary amino acids and such. They seem very into pseudoscience which makes it hard to know if they would be listening to proper nutritional science regarding it.

I feel like Mia looked less healthy in the last vlog than she did a few months ago, but that could just be all the stuff with her dad getting to her, we know she is allowed unsupervised internet time on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok to get inspiration for her own so I don't think they could have stopped her from hearing about it.
You very much do get those who barely eat anything.. My daughter and I love our food though and we also see doctors 😂

Reactions: 2
I know it's been mentioned lots of times on here but it's so frustrating seeing all the travelling when the rest of us can't even go in other people's gardens with lockdown. If it were anybody else, it wouldn't be allowed so I don't understand why they're able to go globe trotting just because they feel like it. Actions like this are just making it so much harder for the rest of us.

Also in regards to Mia's book, it definitely sounded like it was made for a younger audience. Of course, that makes sense considering the fact most of her fans are preteens/children but it make me question what her writing abilities are actually like (assuming it isn't ghost written). If she had to write something a bit more mature, I wonder how well she'd do.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.