Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s videos like this room makeover one that redeems Sienna to me after the whole birthday dress fiasco! What a sweet little girl she is and I was thinking watching this vlog she’s very pretty! I find Karma and Koa a bit odd looking but maybe as they grow they will grow into their looks considering they are all from the same parents!

As for the actual “makeover” it was a bit lacking really! I feel like there was more they could’ve done with that whole thing and they didn’t bother!

Why does Karma get the biggest of the 3 rooms with the biggest bed! That was Mias room now she’s in a box room Sienna’s room is dark and depressing Georgie said for herself not much light gets in! If Sienna gets scared by the jungle let her go in the big room? Give Mia Sienna’s room and put Karma in the middle!
What was the dress fiasco?

What was the dress fiasco?
She cut the pocket out of the dress Mia had picked out especially for her birthday as a “prank” and (to me) didn’t really show any remorse nor did whoever was filming her (Darren and Georgie were supposedly out with Mia shopping for balloons) tell her it wasn’t a good idea to do it!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I can’t believe Sienna was sleeping in a room that literally just had a bed and a shelf she didn’t use. Where were her toys and trinkets that she collects? I know most families have toys downstairs so the kids can play together and be with the family, but she’s 9 so should be allowed to play on her own in her room sometimes. [...]
I think they donate all of her toys every time they move...even her little dog plushie Buddy, who was the size of a hand, was donated to a charity shop.
Just breaks my heart, especially when Georgie pretended that she couldnt remember that they made her donate it.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Not to be nitpicky but if they’re planning to let Koa play with that Hot Wheels truck than that’s irresponsible because those are meant to be 3+.

Reactions: 1
Where are siennas pillows and why didn’t she have a duvet??? A pathetic attempt at a room makeover

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Where are siennas pillows and why didn’t she have a duvet??? A pathetic attempt at a room makeover
I thnk they might not give her any. In the room she shared with Karma in Portugal (the one when they were caring for Orla) they both didn't have any pillows. I must admit it does look pretty uncomfortable. The fact that she put more effort into Mia's art room over Sienna's bedroom disgusts me.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Mia's recent video where she gives her family "bad" gifts is quite sad actually. They did a throwback to when she got a nail kit as her only present for christmas in Gran Canaria then she gave sienna a nail kit as a "bad gift". I wish they would go back to when they were minimalists and they were living in Gran Canaria- the kids were so grateful for their one present and the family were focussed on so much more than brands and money like they are now

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Mia also not showing her face in shops...

They weren’t even bad gifts?? they were actually kinda sweet if in a different context

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Mia also not showing her face in shops...

They weren’t even bad gifts?? they were actually kinda sweet if in a different context
Mia definitely wasn't wearing a mask. Her voice would have been slightly muffled in the mask. It wasn't muffled at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
"At what point might international travel be allowed again?
Vaccination is likely to allow us all to travel again. Certificates will probably be required at border controls, just as they are for yellow fever in countries where the disease is endemic. They will probably become necessary to set foot on an aircraft. Some airlines, such as Qantas, have already said they will require a vaccination certificate from all passengers. “I think that’s going to be a common thing talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe,” said Alan Joyce, the Australian airline’s boss. There will be people who cannot be vaccinated, so some sort of formal exemption certificate will be needed for them."

Just saw this in an article online.. if they really are anti-vaccination like a lot of us have assumed then it'll make it very hard for them to travel in the future!

Reactions: 9
"At what point might international travel be allowed again?
Vaccination is likely to allow us all to travel again. Certificates will probably be required at border controls, just as they are for yellow fever in countries where the disease is endemic. They will probably become necessary to set foot on an aircraft. Some airlines, such as Qantas, have already said they will require a vaccination certificate from all passengers. “I think that’s going to be a common thing talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe,” said Alan Joyce, the Australian airline’s boss. There will be people who cannot be vaccinated, so some sort of formal exemption certificate will be needed for them."

Just saw this in an article online.. if they really are anti-vaccination like a lot of us have assumed then it'll make it very hard for them to travel in the future!
If they have to just stay in England or wherever they choose then maybe they’ll actually give their kids some stability by being forced to stay in one country.
Is it just me or have they not done anything charitable this year. I know you don’t have to film yourself donating loads to be a good person but they used to do that all the time, in Dubai they’d fill up shopping trolleys with toys to donate and Mia (ironically) asked for a donation to the Malala fund for her birthday last year. Especially at Christmas, a time of giving, you’d expect them to at least do something as opposed to wasting money on buying things they’ll have to give away when they uproot themselves again. I actually went to the same school as Malala, didn’t ever really speak to her (no yr 8s going to talk to a yr11, even one as approachable as Malala), but she was a very kind and clever student. She was deputy head girl and in her application speech talked about the importance of education and her wish for all children to have one. I wonder what she’d think about this family taking their kids chances of education away from them.

Reactions: 7
I hate saying this about a little child but Karma always annoys me in their videos. She always comes across so needy and selfish, and always takes siennas things as if they were hers. I know shes a toddler and its not unusual for that age to test some boundaries, but it seems she only gets to hear that "she is so cute and such a good girl". Poor Sienna, I really feel sorry for her

Reactions: 23
I hate saying this about a little child but Karma always annoys me in their videos. She always comes across so needy and selfish, and always takes siennas things as if they were hers. I know shes a toddler and its not unusual for that age to test some boundaries, but it seems she only gets to hear that "she is so cute and such a good girl". Poor Sienna, I really feel sorry for her
She's definitely the "boss" of the house. But they need to nip that in the bud. It's not cute.

Reactions: 19
They really just let her do as she likes and Mia and Sienna because they’re that bit older seem to have to just deal with it.
It’ll be interesting when Koa gets older, presumably with as little discipline as Karma, and they’ve two kids who just grab and do as they like. I imagine a lot of fighting and tantrums. Add to that they only have a few toys and I can see a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: 10
Anyone else notice that they rarely get age-appropriate toys for Sienna? It seems that they always get her things that Karma ends up keeping anyway. She's a 9-year-old girl and they're getting her toys meant for toddlers. It made me so sad to see in their "sibling exchange video" that Sienna and Mia actually got each other gifts that they knew they would like. Even Georgie told Mia, "Wow, you really put thought into these." When are their parents going to see that these children are craving substance and a chance to express themselves as individuals? Especially Sienna. You can tell that she's such an intelligent little girl with a lot of potential. Georgie just seems to get them things that SHE likes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Anyone else notice that they rarely get age-appropriate toys for Sienna? It seems that they always get her things that Karma ends up keeping anyway. She's a 9-year-old girl and they're getting her toys meant for toddlers. It made me so sad to see in their "sibling exchange video" that Sienna and Mia actually got each other gifts that they knew they would like. Even Georgie told Mia, "Wow, you really put thought into these." When are their parents going to see that these children are craving substance and a chance to express themselves as individuals? Especially Sienna. You can tell that she's such an intelligent little girl with a lot of potential. Georgie just seems to get them things that SHE likes.
Exactly! Like the toy animal thing in the last video Karma claimed... (and she also tried to put Siannas dress on she got from Koa)

Reactions: 3
I know she’s a toddler so they have their moments when they behave like that and you let them have something cause they’re young so I’d never expect her to be a perfect little angel but they should be giving out to her and correcting her so that she learns to listen and understand cause otherwise she’s going to grow up to be not the nicest person. I think to Georgie and Darren they see it as she’s so fiery, confident and a leader in how she takes over and does what she wants which is just them refusing to see her behaviour doesn’t come across well and isn’t fair on the other kids especially Sienna who seems to keep very quiet.
I know Sienna is a few years older now than in their old videos so of course she’s going to have differences but the change in her personality is crazy. She seems much more quiet and shy now and I think it’s cause her other siblings are much louder than her and take all the attention. I feel so sorry for her sometimes cause she has all this money to allow her to have materialistic things and traveling but I’d say there’s a lot of times she’s quite lonely.
She never chose this life for herself and she’s too young to see the negative effects it’ll have. Also that space painting Mia made for Sienna was very thoughtful and something she should be able to keep forever but if they move again will they take it with them? I really hope they do. I think the bond between Mia and Sienna is a good thing cause they have eachother for company as they have nobody their own ages to be around but I think it would be very hard for Sienna if Mia ever moves out and lives far away but I don’t even think Mia will move out for a long time as she brings in a lot of money for all the channels and Darren won’t want to lose that income.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know she’s a toddler so they have their moments when they behave like that and you let them have something cause they’re young so I’d never expect her to be a perfect little angel but they should be giving out to her and correcting her so that she learns to listen and understand cause otherwise she’s going to grow up to be not the nicest person. I think to Georgie and Darren they see it as she’s so fiery, confident and a leader in how she takes over and does what she wants which is just them refusing to see her behaviour doesn’t come across well and isn’t fair on the other kids especially Sienna who seems to keep very quiet.
I know Sienna is a few years older now than in their old videos so of course she’s going to have differences but the change in her personality is crazy. She seems much more quiet and shy now and I think it’s cause her other siblings are much louder than her and take all the attention. I feel so sorry for her sometimes cause she has all this money to allow her to have materialistic things and traveling but I’d say there’s a lot of times she’s quite lonely.
She never chose this life for herself and she’s too young to see the negative effects it’ll have. Also that space painting Mia made for Sienna was very thoughtful and something she should be able to keep forever but if they move again will they take it with them? I really hope they do. I think the bond between Mia and Sienna is a good thing cause they have eachother for company as they have nobody their own ages to be around but I think it would be very hard for Sienna if Mia ever moves out and lives far away but I don’t even think Mia will move out for a long time as she brings in a lot of money for all the channels and Darren won’t want to lose that income.
Yes! I was thinking that about the painting (which turned out quite beautiful). I also thought about how they probably don't find much meaning in their gifts anymore because they know they'll have to leave them behind eventually. It's sad that they won't be able to have anything with sentimental value for them to look back on when they're older :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes! I was thinking that about the painting (which turned out quite beautiful). I also thought about how they probably don't find much meaning in their gifts anymore because they know they'll have to leave them behind eventually. It's sad that they won't be able to have anything with sentimental value for them to look back on when they're older :(
I feel the same way! The painting is beautiful and special as she made it for her. It’s so sad cause that should be something she gets to keep forever and holds a lot of meaning to her but I don’t know if they’ll put that in a suitcase when they move again I hope they do but like you said I don’t think they know how to get attached to things anymore cause they’re so used to leaving them behind 😔. It’s a sad life when you look at it that way.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.