Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
something never sat quite right with me about their constant travel and I guess this in part explains it. @ Kyzea I’m so sorry this has happened to you and your family. Please don’t give up, hopefully one day it will pay off and you’ll be in contact again.

Also in the 16th bday vlog it made me sad when Georgie said Mia will move out soon, she’s got no qualifications, probably an unsustainable income on yt and no friends that we know of. she’s really been set up for failure and if they keep on as they are all the kids will be too :(

Reactions: 13
Do you think they really will have her move out though? And just like that?
i dunno, I kind of feel like they won’t, or she wont want to immediately.
She is used a lot for content (and from the looks of things helping out ALOT with the little ones). Many of their prank storylines rely on the ‘teenager/parent’ dynamic or sibling dynamic with sienna.
Georgie is probably talking about her moving out because that’s what you’d expect from an 18 year old, but she clearly hasn’t thought this through. It’s like how they always used to tease Mia about having a boyfriend and often include questions about her virginity in Q&As. These are all rites of passage for a typical young adult, butMia sadly doesn’t have a typical experience.

most young people move out because they want to live with friends, experience a new place or go to university. I‘d be interested to see how Mia manages living away from her family. Alhough having said that, if she documents her experiences id watch that content! I’d love to see this more serious content from her rather than the pranks And terrible acting.

Reactions: 11
She is used a lot for content (and from the looks of things helping out ALOT with the little ones). Many of their prank storylines rely on the ‘teenager/parent’ dynamic or sibling dynamic with sienna.
Georgie is probably talking about her moving out because that’s what you’d expect from an 18 year old, but she clearly hasn’t thought this through. It’s like how they always used to tease Mia about having a boyfriend and often include questions about her virginity in Q&As. These are all rites of passage for a typical young adult, butMia sadly doesn’t have a typical experience.

most young people move out because they want to live with friends, experience a new place or go to university. I‘d be interested to see how Mia manages living away from her family. Alhough having said that, if she documents her experiences id watch that content! I’d love to see this more serious content from her rather than the pranks And terrible acting.
I don’t think she will you know. Most 18 year olds move out because of uni as you have a student loan to cover rent (although most of the time it doesn’t but off topic). Those who go into work usually don’t move out until later (unless they have a big enough deposit or need to move for work) as renting wastes money - or this is what I’ve seen anyways. She most likely has enough for a deposit for a house/flat, it’s just where she would buy it as she knows no one besides her family, I think university would be great for her but there’s no chance of her going if she’s not even going to get any gcses.

Also side note don’t you have to get work visas if you’re doing full time youtube in a country you don’t live in cause you’re ‘working in that sense’ do we think they’re actually sticking to the law or am I just totally wrong

Reactions: 8
Two years is a long time on social media. Their views are already down 40% ISH on last year and haven't had any new subs in months. Of course they're already set up for life with previous ad money and that expensive merch. No guarantee they'll even still be making videos then. They probably will because even if views are down 95% some people still crave the attention.

Darren has copied that "you don't need education when you have YouTube earnings" from so many of the vegans on permanent vacation. Lots have now come unstuck and ad rates will probably plummet come next year and the biggest economic impact in 300 years starting to bite.

Reactions: 7
I don’t understand how Darren thinks the only thing they should be doing is YouTube. It’s very hard and rare to be able to make a career out of it and just because they have it doesn’t mean you can’t have other aspirations. He mentioned not doing GCSEs until he was 18 and I’m guessing is just assuming that if any of the kids want qualifications they’ll just get them later on in life. It seems like because he didn’t get on too well in school but was ok in the end he thinks education is useless. Even in that video from when Mia was showing her test scores, it was Georgie saying that exams aren’t everything but you should try hard in them because they can be beneficial, were as I don’t think Darren has ever said anything positive about education.

Reactions: 6

I do worry about Mia in that sense. She's not got any friends and considering they are adamant she won't work for someone so really how is she going to make friends as an adult? If she's going to self employed and work for YouTube, she's going to really struggle having friends in the real world.

Ok so I only came across this site yesterday and over the last 24hours I’ve read through pretty much everything about family fizz and it’s heartbreaking but strangely reassuring that I’m not the only person that is concerned about Mia and how she is being brought up.
Over the last few years since I last saw Mia and her deciding she didn’t want anything to with me or the rest of her family (which I have been convinced was pushed onto her), all I have been able to do is send regular messages (which aren’t even looked at) and suffer with the rejection no parent should ever have to experience from their child, just for not fitting into the other parents plans. Georgie has had no intention of helping me see Mia, no matter the fact I begged for help, her response was always “it’s Mia’s choice”. Mia was 11 at the time this first happened and it should’ve been a priority to have both parents in her life constantly, not just when it suits!
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
I’m sorry to dump this stuff on all of you but this has been going on for too long and I’m fed up with being labelled as deadbeat, alcoholic, drug using dad who isn’t there by choice.. I am non of those things and never have been, the only things I have ever been addicted to are my family, coffee and cigarettes (unfortunately) 🙈
We are here for you, i hope you and mia will be reunited one day and all the lies will come out and everything forgiven between you both. Mia comes across as a smart, genuine and kind young lady and there is no doubt in my mind that she will open her eyes- as Georgie once did to her cult upbringing- and realise how bad her mother and stepfather have been. The truth ALWAYs comes out in the end and i am sure you will get your happy ending. If theres anyway i can help you please don’t hesitate to reach out. Lots of love x

Reactions: 7
I don’t follow them because of their weirdness anymore but it was them that brought me to Tattle. I’ve been a member for about 18 months now but lurked for long time before that. I found it when Googling to see if anyone else thought there was something not right about them and this place was first I saw - so surprised that it took you so long to arrive here if you have been active elsewhere. However, hope it works out for you. Your little boy is very like Mia 👍🏻

I don’t understand how Darren thinks the only thing they should be doing is YouTube. It’s very hard and rare to be able to make a career out of it and just because they have it doesn’t mean you can’t have other aspirations. He mentioned not doing GCSEs until he was 18 and I’m guessing is just assuming that if any of the kids want qualifications they’ll just get them later on in life. It seems like because he didn’t get on too well in school but was ok in the end he thinks education is useless.
Because Darren isn't educated he tries to convince himself that it's not needed as he's become a millionaire despite a lack of education.

It's a real shame he not only thinks that but seams to enforce that view onto the children.

I think he spends his days reading "eNtRePrEnEuR" books, planning how to extract more money from the fans and researching what content is doing well rather than trying to improve his education. He'd really benefit from bettering himself and rounding off those hard edges.

Einstein ~ “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Because Darren isn't educated he tries to convince himself that it's not needed as he's become a millionaire despite a lack of education.

It's a real shame he not only thinks that but seams to enforce that view onto the children.

I think he spends his days reading "eNtRePrEnEuR" books, planning how to extract more money from the fans and researching what content is doing well rather than trying to improve his education. He'd really benefit from bettering himself and rounding off those hard edges.

Einstein ~ “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
The thing is, YouTube is really unstable in terms of security with income, especially with today's cancel culture. Not to mention, I'd imagine their demographic is young fans who will eventually grow up and not care anymore. I don't watch YouTubers now that I did when I was a teen.
You'd think he'd encourage his kids to get an education to ensure a stable income.

Irrelevant but sort of not, I always say the same about Jojo Siwa. Her main fanbase is 8 and under. Those kids will eventually grow up and not be Jojo fans anymore. If she's clever she can grow with them, and slowly shift her brand from sparkly kiddie stuff to a bit more teen stuff and potentially keep them as fans but likelihood is, her star will fade. Everything's got an expiry date.

He spends his days looking like a skeleton with an oversized baseball cap on to disguise his balding head.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This also might explain why they skip around the world frequently and don't seem to have a fixed abode. Who knows what else Darren is hiding/running from?
My husband has said this since I would make him sit through their very early vlogs 😬 He said they are either running from debts or family drama. I hate him being right! Seriously though. They are SO lonely. It’s really cult like. Darren is the leader and really forces his weird perspective on everyone. I hope Mia can develop a relationship with her dad.

I get suspicious about all YouTube families in general making money from their kids. I wouldn't be surprised if the constant traveling that a lot of these people do is a form of tax evasion. They also regularly settle in the countryside, rural areas, and other inconspicuous places. I wish that YouTube had stricter ways of monitoring child labor on their platform. Mia has exclusively been making contact for such a long time and generating income. I've also noticed that Darren is taking a behind-the-scenes role lately. He hardly makes appearances anymore and just acts as the cameraman. It makes me uncomfortable that children can't consent to having their faces and lives posted online and the parents can just hide behind the camera. I don't think that the Fizz fam is evil or that the parents are all bad, but I wish they could see that them running from stability is probably a larger issue of trauma that unfortunately, they both probably haven't healed from yet.

• Heart
YouTube just recommend this video for me, they really are listening 😆 didn't watch it though as doubt it says anything
PSX_20201211_111724.jpg

Reactions: 3
YouTube just recommend this video for me, they really are listening 😆 didn't watch it though as doubt it says anything
View attachment 342803
Darren basically talks about how sometimes family members aren’t in your life and aren’t around so therefore you create your own little family with the family members/people who are in your life. That’s fine if that was fully true but Mia’s real dad has wanted to be part of her life for a very long time he didn’t leave , he was pushed out therefore he would be around in her life if he was given the chance to be. I think a lot of people are right on here by saying Family Fizz are clearly running away from something by living in their own world.

Last edited:
Started watching Mia's new video.
Only they could think that now, during a pandemic (which they seem to be just ignoring) is a good time to get Microblading done.
I don't even know what to say. Georgie surprised her with it for her 16th, sure get it done if you want, but is now really the time?

Their lack of awareness of anything outside their bubble is alarming.

Reactions: 13
Big brother is always watching @Yel 🤣
My partner and I watched it this evening, I really cannot believe G let her get that done yet! I’m just glad it doesn’t last like an actual tattoo, don’t get me wrong I love tattoos but at 16!
plus isn’t this sending the wrong message to send to the younger viewers.

Reactions: 16
Started watching Mia's new video.
Only they could think that now, during a pandemic (which they seem to be just ignoring) is a good time to get Microblading done.
I don't even know what to say. Georgie surprised her with it for her 16th, sure get it done if you want, but is now really the time?

Their lack of awareness of anything outside their bubble is alarming.
Don't you know it's just a bad cold?;)

Reactions: 3
Why would Mia need her eyebrows microblading at 16?? They really are acting like she's an adult not a child. Funny thing is they treat her like an adult but I bet once she mentions that she wants to move out they'll suddenly switch and treat her like a child and say she's "too immature", because it won't benefit them for her to leave as their channel will die without her. I also have always believed (even before Mias dad came on here) that Darren and Georgie blackmailed Mia to leave with them. I believe as soon as her dad had her enrolled in school and a few days before she was meant to move in with him, they probably started blackmailing her with things like ..

"Do you really want to go to school Mia? That's so boring."

"Don't you want to travel the world and do FUN things instead?"

"We can go shopping all the time and buy nice things/I'll give you lots of money so you can buy anything you want!" (all the videos of them on their spending sprees giving the kids hundreds/thousands of pounds! another way to keep them compliant)

"Your going to be away from Sienna, what will she do without you? Why would you want to make her upset?"

It will be interesting to see how this plays out as Mia gets older now. They have her in a foreign country, so it's not like she will be able to navigate things like housing, a job, and know how all that stuff works in a foreign country, at her age! I'm in my 20's and I wouldn't have a damn clue what I'd need to do, if I'm honest! The only way I can really see her moving out at 16/17 etc would be to fly back to England but once again I dont think it will be that straightforward for someone of her age on their own (if her parents refuse to accompany her/ let her go). I guess the only real option is someone she knows fly there and bring her back.

This is one of the reason Darren has always irritated me he thinks he’s always right and his beliefs are what everyone else should think and follow. He had a huge negative influence on Georgie and then Mia. This video is over 3 years old but still instead of him congratulating Mia and encouraging her to do well at school he changes the subject to how you only need grades if you want to work for someone else . She’s 12 years old in this hardly anyone knows for sure what they want to in the future at that age so why encourage her to focus so much on being a youtuber when school is important too. Nobody likes every subject at school or getting homework and getting up early but that’s life and by doing all those things it helps you get through life . Learning to study is a skill too and having friends your own age who you can moan about teachers and homework to is part of the memories of school. Fair enough when you leave school you might go down a route that is completely different from geography or English you did in school but one day those things you learned in school may become something you’re interested in again and at least it’s a qualification you have if you ever have to use it .

It took Georgie saying well done to Mia a few times for Darren to actually say well done to her too but from then you could see Darren planting the seed in both their heads that YouTube is everything being a youtuber editing your videos earning money is all you need. All I have to say is well done Georgie and Darren your daughter can edit a video and has made money but the poor girl has no friends, spends her days alone in her room filming things or drawing with nobody her own age to bond with , has most likely been turned against her real dad who genuinely loves her and misses her but he has been pushed out of her life as well as siblings she doesn’t see or have a bond with either anymore and she didn’t even get a chance to think about careers she might be interested in besides YouTube cause her whole life is focused around a camera . Seeing how poor Sienna spoke to the camera for the dress prank was disturbing how trained she is to be cringe and fake and how other kids her age are in school learning things and playing together but she’s missing out on all that by making money for her parents online. They say money is everything in this world and yes having money helps you a lot but I’d rather not have much money while having a good dad then have the life Family fizz do.
Time stamp is 1:30-3:30
Darren REALLY irritated me in this! You keep banging on about social media outlets and convincing your step daughter that that`s the way forward!!I really hope the conversations going on now on Youtube re family vloggers grows more by the day.It started as a whisper and needs to become a roar!Honestly ,who would encourage this unatural lifestyle for kids?:mad: They are seriously being brain washed and used.Enough is enough!

Why would Mia need her eyebrows microblading at 16?? They really are acting like she's an adult not a child. Funny thing is they treat her like an adult but I bet once she mentions that she wants to move out they'll suddenly switch and treat her like a child and say she's "too immature", because it won't benefit them for her to leave as their channel will die without her. I also have always believed (even before Mias dad came on here) that Darren and Georgie blackmailed Mia to leave with them. I believe as soon as her dad had her enrolled in school and a few days before she was meant to move in with him, they probably started blackmailing her with things like ..

"Do you really want to go to school Mia? That's so boring."

"Don't you want to travel the world and do FUN things instead?"

"We can go shopping all the time and buy nice things/I'll give you lots of money so you can buy anything you want!" (all the videos of them on their spending sprees giving the kids hundreds/thousands of pounds! another way to keep them compliant)

"Your going to be away from Sienna, what will she do without you? Why would you want to make her upset?"

It will be interesting to see how this plays out as Mia gets older now. They have her in a foreign country, so it's not like she will be able to navigate things like housing, a job, and know how all that stuff works in a foreign country, at her age! I'm in my 20's and I wouldn't have a damn clue what I'd need to do, if I'm honest! The only way I can really see her moving out at 16/17 etc would be to fly back to England but once again I dont think it will be that straightforward for someone of her age on their own (if her parents refuse to accompany her/ let her go). I guess the only real option is someone she knows fly there and bring her back.
It`s obvious once their appeal grew ,Darren was never then going to just settle.These 4 kids should have a secure home base (they`ve brought in the views and income after all).whilst it may feel great to be spoiled and have no restrictions ,they have had no real stability in their lives.The least they could do for them all is buy a home to return to ,when they`ve got the latest moving bug out of their systems!They have the means right now.What happens if at some point Youtube FV are cancelled?? Then the money starts drying up?How utterly foolish do you have to be to not have any security put in place,{

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.