Family Fizz #11 Fizzled out of minimalist living, now it's time to spend without (much) giving!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she posted herself driving I haven’t watched in a while? How do you know she’s not ready for her test?
Because she got 3 serious faults :oops: most people who fail usually only get 1 or maybe 2

Also why is Karma going to nursery? Shouldn't she be in reception now? She should be going into year 1 from September

Reactions: 9
Because she got 3 serious faults :oops: most people who fail usually only get 1 or maybe 2

Also why is Karma going to nursery? Shouldn't she be in reception now? She should be going into year 1 from September
You can keep them in nursery until they are 5 legally. Weve got a few children at nursery who are nearly 5. They'll go straight into year 1.

Reactions: 4
They are probably thinking about all the content/views they won’t get now of Mia living in her car for 24 hours , last one to leave Mias car, eating only blue food in Mias car and going to the drive thru to get what the person in front of her ordered. This is a big loss for them cause they are running out of places to eat blue food for 24 hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why was she learning how to drive in a manual in the first place? Like yeah yeah experience whatever, but there’s literally no point in learning to drive a manual if you’re never going to be a truck/van driver. 90%+ of cars are automatic anyways

Reactions: 6
Why was she learning how to drive in a manual in the first place? Like yeah yeah experience whatever, but there’s literally no point in learning to drive a manual if you’re never going to be a truck/van driver. 90%+ of cars are automatic anyways
I disagree, it’s a great skill to have and you never know if you’ll end up with a hire car in places in the world that don’t have a high level of automatics, it’s also helpful to understand how to control the speed of the car. I defo think everyone should learn in manual

Reactions: 20
Mia saying she finds it scary going into third gear never mind fourth just shows that she is soooo far from ready for her test!
I spend probably ⅔ of the time in a driving lesson in 5th cos we do a lot of routes with dual carriageways and country roads (they are on all of the different test routes)😅 used to mainly only do roads up to using 3rd gear at the very start of learning!

If she was scared of using more than 2nd, she never should have put in for her test. I defo think it was probably Darren/Georgie telling her to hurry up and do it so they can leave the country again and not her instructor saying to🤷🏻

Mia was definitely not ready for her test. I just watched the video and she said she should have been doing at least 40mph on a National speed limit road (which is usually 70mph). I’ve always been told you can drive 10% under the speed limit so she should have been doing at least 63mph! If she doesn’t even know basic things like the National speed limit she should not be allowed to drive 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Sorry but I disagree. I'm learning in a manual. More choice then.

Mia was definitely not ready for her test. I just watched the video and she said she should have been doing at least 40mph on a National speed limit road (which is usually 70mph). I’ve always been told you can drive 10% under the speed limit so she should have been doing at least 63mph! If she doesn’t even know basic things like the National speed limit she should not be allowed to drive 🤦🏻‍♀️
70mph on dual carriageways, 60 on single carriageways. Obviously that's max speed and I know some roads near me are 60 but you can't do more than 50 safetly at some parts due to them getting narrow and windy.

My instructor makes me do 2 on top (72, 62) and not more than 5 below.

Did she think she was speeding or going too slow if she thought it was meant to be 40? Probably way too slow if she doesn't even like going into 3rd

Reactions: 10
Better to learn on a manual then you have the option to drive both. If you only do automatic you’re stuck with that and will struggle in other countries or hire cars etc. plus not all cars are automatic when made

Reactions: 13
70mph on dual carriageways, 60 on single carriageways. Obviously that's max speed and I know some roads near me are 60 but you can't do more than 50 safetly at some parts due to them getting narrow and windy.

My instructor makes me do 2 on top (72, 62) and not more than 5 below.

Did she think she was speeding or going too slow if she thought it was meant to be 40? Probably way too slow if she doesn't even like going into 3rd
Aah near me we don’t really have single carriageways, mainly dual carriage ways so I was always told in my lessons to do 70 when I see the National speed limit sign 😅
She said she was doing 30 but that she should have been doing at least 40 to not get a serious fault

Reactions: 4
Darren is so closed minded saying she should just do a test in an automatic since she’ll NEVER have to drive a manual
My dad said a very similar thing when I was starting lessons and it is true tbh, most cars are automatic so if she is struggling to learn driving manual it might be better to change. Although it doesn’t seem like Mia wasn’t very prepared so Darren should’ve encouraged her to have more lessons and properly learn before taking the test or deciding to change. Instead he probably pushed her to take her test quickly so they can make content out of her driving.

Reactions: 11
She clearly isnt ready because she doesnt know not to go through an amber light?

Most people learn manual in the UK, its the normal thing to do.

mia failed her driving test.
Agree with everyone else, I’m glad she did. I bet Darren and Georgie told her that she doesn’t need to revise and as long as she manifests, it’ll work and I just love the thought of them and their silly beliefs being proven wrong. Again, it teaches her that in the real world things don’t always go to plan and that you have to WORK for it. Most young drivers take up to 3 tests before they pass so she could be looking at next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just don’t understand why she’s in such a rush to pass her test and why she goes into panic mode needing to be able to drive when she has all the time in the world she’s so young. It’s not like she desperately needs to pass cause she has a job to go to or is in college/uni and the car would make things easier. I get that learning to drive is a skill and of course anyone can learn to drive when they decide they want to regardless of how often they’ll use a car or what they’re doing in life it doesn’t matter cause they’ve just as much a right as anyone else to want to learn and pass but in Mias case it feels like she’s rushing it like she’s running out of time it’s odd.

I get that waiting for a test can be a long wait which is annoying so getting it over and done with fast and passing would be the ideal situation everyone would want but like I said she has a lot of time to try again at some point when she’s practiced more and is more ready. Is she desperate to have something to show off about or desperate to use a car for content? is that why she looked like she wanted to throw a tantrum for things not going her way cause she’s is so used to getting what she wants whenever she wants never being told no and being spoiled.

Welcome to the real world for once Mia cause things in the real world are nothing like the bubble Darren and Georgie have you and your siblings trapped in all these years were everything is easy and perfect with no responsibilities or having to work hard for something you want.

Why is the video not actually on her channel? Seems a bit weird right?

Reactions: 5
Sounds horrible but i’m glad Mia didn’t pass her driving test the first time, it just humbles them a little bit thinking they’re the best at everything all the time and can have everything they want. They’ve changed so much since they first got popular, not caring about the designer and now that’s all the channel revolves around! Can guarantee Mias first car will be a bloody Tesla or something ridiculous even though they’re never in the country to drive it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.