Faces by Grace #64 Nuttin to look forward to now I'm Mrs.G, I can always fall back on the oul anxihee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies I thank you for this thread which has keep me occupied over the last 24 hours. I cannot get over how bad the dress is and just doesn’t suit her. How did NO-ONE tell her 🙈 and why hasn’t she put up a family picture of them with her 2 gorgeous kiddies. Never mind a big 80k sham/show-off of a day for Instagram they should be her priority, she enrages me.
This thread has distracted me from thinking about my tiny developing embryos ( we are a few days post egg retrieval- IVF) and she doesn’t seem to give those kiddies a second thought 😭

All the best over the coming days and months! These threads kept my mind busy through two rounds of ivf and now through 13 weeks of pregnancy x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don't mind the dress really but jesus she could have done so much better ! I got married a few months back worked really hard to look good... I've since put the weight back ( maybe 8lbs) on and I don't care but it just doesn't do her any justice and it's a pity becuse I do like the look but she could have done so much with her body with some structure and good underwear!
Although I don’t like her dress if it was me I would rather be a bit heavier and really happy than thin and and unhappy on the lead up to the day because I’ve been on a diet just to look good for the photos! That’s nothing against you, it’s just my opinion ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We spent 20k on our wedding and I still come out in a rash at the money we spent on one day but €70k is crazy in my opinion.
I’d say hers was defo about 60-70k We did 40k but that included everything and a honeymoon and was 200 guests. but were gifted 10k off both parents and then got about 10 or 12k in cards so only really cost about us personally 8k all in . So Grace will prob will get at least 250 euro per couple going as people usually cover themselves and say they get 5 or 10k off each side of family prob at least about 20k in gifts .I think people forget to count in the gifts -still an awful waste but I think the average wedding is around 30k these days - literally all my friends have spent that amount over the past few years - actually mad when I think about it , but did also do the same 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’d say hers was defo about 60-70k We did 40k but that included everything and a honeymoon and was 200 guests. but were gifted 10k off both parents and then got about 10 or 12k in cards so only really cost about us personally 8k all in . So Grace will prob will get at least 250 euro per couple going as people usually cover themselves and say they get 5 or 10k off each side of family prob at least about 20k in gifts .I think people forget to count in the gifts -still an awful waste but I think the average wedding is around 30k these days - literally all my friends have spent that amount over the past few years - actually mad when I think about it , but did also do the same 😬
You have very generous family and friends 😂

Reactions: 30
It's not great in motion is it 😬 Looks like she's wearing a high waisted white bikini with a sheer kaftan over it

View attachment 1439875

Imagine how much better a structured corset bodice would have been on her!
Jesus no one did her a favour in that design . It’s like a pair of curtains. Someone like Terry might have caused it off but no one of normal build. It’s horrendous in my opinion. Flower girls were lovely.

Reactions: 3
I don't think it is a give that parents would be in a financial position that they would be able to gift that much.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
You have very generous family and friends 😂
A good friend of mine, her in laws gave them 200quid in a card on the day…their only contribution. So some are v generous, some don’t have it to gift, and some are tighter than a ducks hole.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
5 or 10k off each side ? Sure her mam is a widow is she really expected to give money?
I didn’t mean it was a given but the parents prob would put at least a few k into a card or pay for something like the band or her dress or something - of course not all parents do but usually if they can’t afford it they would put something aside for their son or daughters big day - was just making a point that I don’t think as a couple they be taking the hit over the overall 60k - these days most people if working etc stick about 250 per couple min in a card especially if u know your going to a place where it’s a high per head cost so say 200 guests they prob get back around 25k 🤷‍♀️

The cost is actually making my anxiety sky rocket, like why do this to yourself? Why put yourself in serious debt for one day.
like her life will now suffer in other ways because of this money they have probably borrowed.
I just think weddings have become this huge ego trip, especially amongst these bloggers crowds.
We had our wedding 2 years ago, 90 ppl at it in a really great well known local hotel, everything all in with wine provided, my dress, his suits, two man band, flower girls dress, bridesmaid dress, photographer and cake it was 9k and we had the most amazing day and night. No loan, just saved so we had no debt the day after
Her wedding was meant to be two years ago! She had an additional two years to save and maybe wanted to splurge a bit more

Reactions: 6
Does anyone think terri did the dirty on grace posting that picture of them,it wasn't the most flattering 🙈

Reactions: 10
Do you actually think the huns gift in the same way as the rest of the wedding guests? I get the impression they’re used to so much for free that they just don’t.

Reactions: 14
Do you actually think the huns gift in the same way as the rest of the wedding guests? I get the impression they’re used to so much for free that they just don’t.
Often the people that seem to have the most are the stingiest.

My friend and her husband got married last year. The grooms twin brother has mentioned more than once that he is on 100k plus salary. Based on the industry it seems plausible. Him and his wife gave them 200e as a gift despite my friend and her partner being far more generous when they married a year earlier.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.