Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blablabla29

VIP Member
Haas has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow morning. I think they will announce Hulk there. If they don't they really play with Mick... I still don't understand how you can think hulk is a better choice than mick...

• Wow
Reactions: 11

Minttu

VIP Member
Well, that's not the news I wanted to wake up to. But at least it didn't come as a surprise for any of us at this point.
Esties comment made me tear up, and also think that maybe Toto is taking Mick under his wings, like he did for Estie.

I'm convinced that Mick will be back when Audi enters the paddock, just think about the PR and other sponsors. Unless we get a Schumacher- Rosberg team. (You're picturing Nico sneaking out of his lair and back into the paddock now, aren't you?)

Does Guenther think they will not get along and just wanted some drama?
Is the war of the Baguettes, possible RB conflicts arising, unknown Fernando's El Plan for stirring the pot at AM, not enough now for everybody?
Is F1 a social and psychological experiment on these drivers, teams and all of us?
Who is behind all of this?
Guenther is here for the drama, no doubt about it. He's just doing it so there will be a garage war, and Netflix will be in their garage all the time because of it. I'm pretty sure Netflix is sponsoring Haas at this point.

I think next year will be an exciting season, with all the small conflicts going arround and building up before next season. Not to mention that I think Mercedes will be catching up with Red Bull and Ferrari, so we will have more battles on the track too. But think most of the drama is the behind the scenes drama, with Fernando kicking PapaStrolls ass on the regular, the rookies and their mistakes (oh yes, you bet they'll have some of them) and the Haas-rivalry.

F1 is a social experiment for us as fans and the teams, can't wait for it to play out.😅

Last edited:
  • Heart

aidil

VIP Member
SO MUCH CONTENT! Behold - an aidil train of thought list!

> Papa Perez's comment about Checo's breath always being in Max's helmet has absolutely sent me into orbit. Dark Papa P mode activated. If Max "mysteriously disappears" during the Winter break I think we'll all know who's responsible.
> All the content from Seb's run last night has me on my knees. I love that Mick and Charles joined him despite all the prep they must have needed to do for today!
> Is it too early to hit the bottle after McLaren's goodbye video to Danny? I'm not sobbing, YOU ARE.
> Wtf is wrong with people coming for Lando when he's made a joke?! You all know I am not the biggest Little Lord Lando™ fan but these are the times when I actually warm to him! Can't understand how anyone can see what he said as anything but a dry joke.
> ALPACAS! AL-FACKIN-PACAS! WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME SEB HAS AN ALPACA FARM?! Also @conrea37 I am beyond jealous that you also own these fluffy beauts. I love them so much! And the giant alpaca at the wedding @90sgirl ahhhhh, this is the thread that keeps on delivering!
> That Alonso comment about helping Seb get over the finish line has made me realise how much low key love I have for our favourite Spanish troll.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. As a reward, have some Yukierre (don't even get me started on the grief I am experiencing over these guys)...

1668941474992.png

Oh god I AM GONE.

Who’s watching the parade? Charles and Pierre finding each other straight as usual 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

fryolyfe

VIP Member
who ordered the negroni?!?! they’re my type of person 🤣

that’s way more alcohol than i was expecting but fair enough 👌🏻
That’s not their bill btw, it’s for a completely different restaurant 🤣 salt bae posted it the same time those group photos came out and for some reason everyone assumed it was theirs but it’s not. They were at some Michelin star restaurant in a private room

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member

didn’t even register 🤣

my mind is still blown by this danny ricc decision tbh. if marko is telling the truth anyway. is he hoping checo leaves? why would he go back to red bull if merc was a realistic option? or are merc taking mick? why?

• Haha

miss_americana

Chatty Member
Happy new thread!
Just catching up now! Been on a training course today which is my idea of hell as I have total imposter syndrome (especially since coming back from mat leave) and I hate making awkward conversation with people I don’t know 😂.
I agree RE Mick and Haas. I hope he finds himself somewhere, even if it is Merc reserve for now. Lewis, George and Toto would help him I think.
I’m in total denial about Sunday 😭😭😭😭. I wish they were showing it live on channel 4 like last year but guess that was (heartbreaking) exceptional circumstances.
I’m manifesting a Lewis win (redemption), Seb second. And even though I don’t like him Nando just for the nostalgia (sorry Danny ric and Mick. Oh and Nicky) 😂

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
i feel and hope that was too early to pit checo.

can’t believe ferrari may get second after all their nonsense 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Pretty much agree with everything that has been said re: Mick.

Haas seem to like having the Schumacher name linked to them and it helps that Mick is generally just very likeable and marketable.
However they have set him ridiculous targets, and failed to take into account that last year he was in an absolute shitbox with a team-mate he could learn nothing (other than bad manners and attitude) from.
Improvements have been made this year and his relationship with Kevin seems to be blossoming as well as his driving is improving. Yes he has had some costly smashes and a team like Haas can't afford that, but expecting him to work miracles, whilst seemingly constantly slating him in the press (side eying Gunther and Gene) cannot have helped his confidence at all.

I'm kind of glad if he does leave Haas, as he will not have Seb to support him next year.
Praying for a Vettel - Schumacher Audi line up in the future 🕯
Also, their strategy has been absolute dog shit, some of their tyre choices have been crazy and their main strategy seems to be betting on a safety car.
Actually have nothing against The Hulk and think he's pretty dishy but not sure what Haas really gain by choosing him. Mick brings in huge amounts of sponsorship money.
Anyway, whilst we are on the subject of Schumachers...Seb really pulling at the heart strings with his insta. Also, Michael was so handsome ❤

• Heart
  • Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I AM MAKING A LIST OF MY THOUGHTS ON THINGS EVEN THOUGH NOBODY CARES.

- The Haas thing is absolutely not a surprise - worst kept secret ever. I can’t really add anything that anyone else hasn’t already said. I just don’t get the Hulk selection. He’s had so many opportunities! If he couldn’t do it in the Renault when Danny was able to extract decent results, why do they think the Haas will fair him well?!

- SHARL ON THE ROLLERCOASTER IS THE BEST THING I’VE SEEN THIS WEEK. Man is smiling more than he has all season! Someone just get him out of Ferrari and buy him a season ticket for Alton Towers.

View attachment 1741679

- I’m still recovering from the restaurant pics and now the GPDA group pic 😩 Real end of school vibes. And they all look so happy together! Do you think they have a WhatsApp group with Pierre nagging everyone to send the many versions of the photo for his dump? And of course Pierre was the one setting off the timers on the cameras 😂

- Thank you @OOps2022, @LaBlonde and @Minttu for the commiserations re mine and Pierrot’s divorce. I can’t believe he’d do this to me so publicly. Now I know exactly how Yuki-san feels 🥺 I HOPE SHE MAKES YOU HAPPY, PEDRO.

All in all, I’m way too emotional about this being the last race of the season. This season may not have been the most exciting, but it’s been the first time I’ve religiously followed every race since my dad died. I’m so glad I found this lovely corner of the internet and all of you! You’ve been an absolute joy and I hope we can keep this place as active over winter break with all our analysis, race rewatches and driver stalking 🥺

We’ve come a long way since this…

View attachment 1741666
sharl on the rollercoaster is my favourite thing i’ve seen all week. the way he throws his arms up and then turns to see that everyone else is having an equally amazing time while carlos is clinging onto the safety bar like 😬 i love him 😭

and @aidil, i’m so glad you found us and we found you and everyone found each other too! i can’t tell you how lovely it is to have this little corner where i can unleash my true self talk to you wonderful people about our wonderful boys. i’m looking forward to our post season stuff almost as much as the actual racing! love you all sm 💙

E9086937-8DE6-49D4-971A-535504C5B6E5.jpeg

(also i am eternally grateful for you putting up with my deep almost unhinged love for charles)

• Heart