F1 chatter #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also just watching that footage of George begging for a red flag, uncomfortable viewing. I understand them just wanting the race over and done with but one false move from any of the cars behind and that could’ve been catastrophic. Especially off the back of a dodgy corner like that!

I’ve learnt my lesson and I’ll be an early riser for Suzuka!
it’s awful - especially combined with the on-board where you can see his hands shaking :( and then how on edge lance’s engineer is when he knows lance is coming up to it. he was a complete sitting duck and he knew it - how could they not red flag it?!? a more dangerous situation to a driver does not exist.
---
🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
it’s awful - especially combined with the on-board where you can see his hands shaking :( and then how on edge lance’s engineer is when he knows lance is coming up to it. he was a complete sitting duck and he knew it - how could they not red flag it?!? a more dangerous situation to a driver does not exist.
---
🥹

I can’t get my head around it, especially with the car being lengthways across the track too! Sky seemed to say it was fine cos he was off the racing line… Well that’s fine till someone makes an error and comes off that line! 🤦🏻‍♀️ And not much comfort to George who couldn’t see what on earth was flying towards him in that moment! He must have been petrified, especially because he couldn’t even safely get out of the car!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is the post race press conference, i think you can only find it on F1TV but i am not sure
You can find the written transcript of it on the F1 website
I think sometimes they are also on youtube later
Thank you. Yes I’ve managed to find it here although I’m sure I’ve seen the post-race press conferences on one of the main broadcaster’s channels in the past too

Reactions: 4
I can’t get my head around it, especially with the car being lengthways across the track too! Sky seemed to say it was fine cos he was off the racing line… Well that’s fine till someone makes an error and comes off that line! 🤦🏻‍♀️ And not much comfort to George who couldn’t see what on earth was flying towards him in that moment! He must have been petrified, especially because he couldn’t even safely get out of the car!
Exactly and you could see I think was a Haas went one way round his car and the others went the other side so it couldn’t have been clear which way was safest to go round. He’s right in the middle!

IMG_7868.jpeg

Theres no way he could safely get himself out either and the threat of someone going to fast round a bend and t boning his car does not bear thinking about

• Sad
  • Heart
Exactly and you could see I think was a Haas went one way round his car and the others went the other side so it couldn’t have been clear which way was safest to go round. He’s right in the middle!

View attachment 2834125

Theres no way he could safely get himself out either and the threat of someone going to fast round a bend and t boning his car does not bear thinking about
re watching it from the driver cams on F1TV and it was luck that the teams did warn the driver in time - we know how often they don’t communicate proper. Also it seems Lance wasn’t happy that there was only a virtual safety car as he needed to be reminded that George is ok

• Sad
Reactions: 8

That could have been so nasty.

A yellow flag just makes them slow down usually as someone has gone off - not cos someone is parked in the middle of the bloody track and still in their car. I can’t believe it

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I've only seen little clips here and there from today's race as I'm working.

George's crash was a scary one. There definitely should have been a red flag.

Good finish for our Yukino.

Whoever said Carlos's appendix may be the butterfly effect could be right.

I will be back after work once I've fully caught up on everything

Only correct answer 😂

Poor Oscar just wanted to eat some of his grandma cakes but was too late for this 😅

Screenshot_20240324_150133_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
okay the channel 4 commentary going he LOST his APPENDIX now he has WON in AUSTRALIA sent me and i don’t know why 🤣

also “a forlorn looking charles leclerc on the podium” - as someone who spends a lot of time looking at sharl, can confirm that he is a constant state of folorn-ness.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just saw people on twitter being upset with Fernando penalty and saying he would never do something like this because he is the most fair-play driver on the grid...... I would called Fernando a lot of things but fairplay is not the one that come first 😅 Do they ever hear about the Crashgate?? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I just saw people on twitter being upset with Fernando penalty and saying he would never do something like this because he is the most fair-play driver on the grid...... I would called Fernando a lot of things but fairplay is not the one that come first 😅 Do they ever hear about the Crashgate?? 😂
also he ACTIVELY BLACKMAILED his team principal!! like i know a lot of people on twitter especially only know him in this slightly fun grid elder state, but the man was a shakespearean villain most of the time 🤣 like his decisions are mainly made to benefit him and he’s never going to admit he was in the wrong in anyway (as a fellow leo, can confirm the later especially is true).

• Haha
okay the channel 4 commentary going he LOST his APPENDIX now he has WON in AUSTRALIA sent me and i don’t know why 🤣

also “a forlorn looking charles leclerc on the podium” - as someone who spends a lot of time looking at sharl, can confirm that he is a constant state of folorn-ness.
I once had to explain to a colleague what forlorn meant after I wrote it in a patient’s notes. Why did I bother when I could have just shown them a photo of Charles 🥺

1711291324639.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I once had to explain to a colleague what forlorn meant after I wrote it in a patient’s notes. Why did I bother when I could have just shown them a photo of Charles 🥺

View attachment 2834287
This is a completely NEW English word to me, so I had to look it up in dictionary and now I am crying at how accurate this picture is 😅 😭😂

• Haha
This is a completely NEW English word to me, so I had to look it up in dictionary and now I am crying at how accurate this picture is 😅 😭😂
charles’ picture should BE in the dictionary next to it tbh 🥹

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.